Boyhood

>Cheats on her boyfriend
>He's the bad guy
>She's the victim
>She tells her boyfriend to grow up when he shows his distaste for her having sex with another guy

I know this movie is about what it's like to grow up in America, but surely this was strange right? I don't get what Mason did wrong, or how people see her as the victim? Is this how it is in American culture?

12 Y E A R S
Y
E
A
R
S

This happened to me too. Live in South Florida. Its just some girls are hoes bro. Eventually you become the other guy who fucks the girl with the bf and you cheat on your gf too. Then you meet he one grill who will actually be faithul to you and you end up treating her like shit because of your ex. That's all that happens famm.

What in God's name are you talking about?

>Is this how it is in American culture?

Yes. Women do nothing wrong ever and men are pathetic losers if they complain about anything.

A guy and a girl are both trashed out of their minds. They fuck. Hes guilty of rape.

A locks his girlfriend in his apartment so she cant leave when hes at work. Hes a monster.
A girl does the same shit to a guy. LOL Hes a pussy.

THE FOKKIN MOVI IN TEH SUBJAECK

they filmed it in 12 years and it took me less than 12 days to complete forget I've seen it

I got mad at that scene, but the DnM scene between Mason and his dad really made it all better I must say, despite the >12 years meme, I think this was a fucking great film, and the character progression was literally real. The actors literally grew up together, the dad actually saw that kid grow up, so it's almost like his lines were genuine when he spoke to Mason

You have to appreciate the father/son thing though man

>I was just having fun
Fucking hell that made me cringe, but I love how real his dad got about it

>Women are always just looking to trade up, that's how it is
I really wish more people understood this, instead of thinking women are some gentle loving creatures, they are just doing everything for their own personal gain

I appreciated the drunk step-father being a jerk episodes, because I can relate but I'm trying realyl hard to remember the moment OP is referring to and just can't

Yeah, basically. If your girl sleeps with another guy, you get made fun of because you couldn't keep your girl. Then you're known around town as the guy who can't satisfy his girl. It's very embarrassing.

it's just that scene where she breaks up with him on the bench. She tells him she found someone else and he gets pissy about it.

ppl ITT are just thin-skinned because they think the film is judging him. even though it merely depicts the break up objectively,

I don't see how anyone can imply the film treats her as a victim.

Nah I meant the actual father and son thing

The scene in OP was something I somewhat forgot as well because of how insignificant that character is to Mason, and they actually make a point about it that later.

Basically she's some girl Mason meets at a party when he's in 9th grade or something, and later they are going out, and somewhat serious, even considering going to college together, until Mason finds out that she cheated on him with some Chad, and she's mad at Mason for making such a big deal out of it, infact everyone knows, and she is also mad at him for telling everyone, even though he didn't.

In the current year men are expected to reject feelings of sexual possession and allow their mates free reign to fuck whoever they want.

Someone please kill me.

some girl he dates and she met someone else and fucked him, and they break up over it. There are two sides to it i guess, on one side she cheated on him, on the other, he wasn't really an interesting boyfriend. You even see it in the car scene where he is constantly rambling on like every one did in their insufferable late teen years

Interesting how we have gone so progressive, that we have actually gone backwards. It's pretty medieval how the guy is percieved as weak for letting his girl cheat on him. Only difference between now and then is how you can react to her when she does it

Very you should satisfy your girl, faggot.

She didn't just find someone else, she fucked him behind his back

I can understand a girl losing interest over a guy, finding someone more interesting, and then breaking up with the first guy to be with the new guy, but fucking the new guy before you break up is kind of messed up

That's linklater's whole shtick, he's the gondola of the filmmaking world.

He became ugly and reclusive.

People missed the pottery

>Dad tells him that he has to just listen to girls, and he will be way ahead of anyone else
>He meets a girl, just talks to her, she is charmed by him, and they start dating
>He doesn't listen to his dad's advice and just talks over Sheena constantly, and never let her talk
>She dumps him for some jock
>End of the movie he meets another girl
>This time he just listens to her
>You can tell they have a real connection

is boyhood worth watching ?