Can we have a comfy Halloween/Horror movie thread?

Can we have a comfy Halloween/Horror movie thread?

What are you lads planning on watching this October?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zRACxPTaX3E
youtube.com/watch?v=bLiXjaPqSyY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

My Halloween trilogy: Halloween, Halloween 3: Season Of The Witch (my personal favorite) and Trick r Treat

bumping with another must watch because you fags aren't replying

so comfy

Im gonna watch all the Phantasm movies and finally start watching through Masters of Horror

also need to see Cat People, TCM's recreation of London After Midnight, and some German Expressionist horror

and Trick r Treat like every year.

anyone who liked Trick r Treat should really watch Tales of Halloween, another anthology that was released last year. It's of course not as good as TrT, but it's still pretty good.

it was hit or miss.

Still better than the V/H/S movies

Reminds me I need to rewatch Creepshow 1 and 2

Mario Bava marathon

>Tales of Halloween
I like watching it but it is absolute shit at times. It's a good bad movie

yeah like half of the segments are good. the one with the emo punk kids is really bad.

all evil deads, jeepers creepers 1 and 2, ReAnimator, and The Thing.

This is pretty much my annual October watchlist...

>Halloween 1 & 6
>Pet Cemetery
>Salem's Lot
>Friday the 13th 1 & 5
>Nightmare on Elm St. (any of em)
>Sleepaway Camp
>The Innocents
>House on Haunted Hill (original)
>The House of the Devil is a new edition

B-horror movie marathon

I watched dawn of the dead last night then dreamt I was in the mall and shot flyboy. It's a corny word but it's proper to describe the setting of dawn and day of the dead I'm obsessed with agoraphobic situations and bunkers.

But I'm probably going to do research on campy b-movies and troma shit

so far I got waxwork 1 & 2, frankenhooker and Texas chainsaw massacre 2 on my que

Reviving this thread to ask if there are any lesser known atmospheric horror movies I should be watching to get into the spirit? I've seen basically all the classics and most of the good modern shit

maybe something with a more paranormal/witchcrafty bend, the slasher stuff doesn't really do anything for me

have you seen Kairo?

Top kino

i saw the american remake, i assume the original is a lot better?

I've rewatched the first two Evil Dead yesterday and I'll probably do Army of Darkness tonight, then the first season of the show to prepare myself for season 2 but I don't know what to watch on Halloween yet so I might save the first four episodes

youtube.com/watch?v=zRACxPTaX3E
fuck yeah.
There used to be a massive torrent on /t/ of years of Monstervision and the Joe Bob commentary. It was fucking cool. I always wished someone would stream it.

someone will probably do the Tales From the Crypt/Goosebumps/AYAOTD/Beyond Belief streams again. Those are fun as fuck.

>someone will probably do the Tales From the Crypt/Goosebumps/AYAOTD/Beyond Belief streams again. Those are fun as fuck.

oh man i hope so, i love Cred Forums streams

what are the best TV halloween specials?

treehouse of horror used to be cool, but now it's just shitty popculture references

First up on my list is Alien. Then I'm going to watch some of the classic Universal monster stuff like The Wolf Man, Frankenstein, and The Invisible Man. I'll probably throw in Hellraiser and An American Werewolf in London for good measure.

Family Matters ep with Steevil (The complete series torrent on public trackers is missing this ep for some reason)
The Home Improvement ones were always good.
Community had some great ones. Especially the zombie episode.

My favorite time of year, I always look forward to those streams

I'll work my way through the Halloween and TCM series.

Fucking Friday the 13th ripped that off so hard.

solid choices.

definitely this, not sure what else i'm gonna watch. love the kind of horror that's not up in your face ooga booga monster/slasher garbage but rather psychological type stuff where you're constantly wondering if the scares are really happening, if the protagonist is just crazy, if the scares are ghosts, hallucinations, demons, aliens, whatever. i just love that subjective element that's sadly missing from a great majority of horror. especially now where it's all jumpscares.

This is the first October in years where I'm really going to try to get in the spirit and watch a bunch of movies. I'm living with some roommates in a house so I think that'll help Here's what I've got on the rocket docket:
Monster House
It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
The Crow
Trick r Treat
Scary Godmother
Paranorman
Nightmare Before Christmas
Goosebumps
Clue
Shaun of the Dead
Zombieland
Pet Sematary
Scooby Doo on Zombie Island
Tucker and Dale vs Evil
Scooby Doo and the Witch's Ghost
That Recess Halloween episodes
Some Tales from the Crypt episodes
Drag me to Hell
Yoga Hosers
A Treehouse of Horror or two

youtube.com/watch?v=bLiXjaPqSyY
The Raven being read by James Earl Jones was awesome

The Shrek Halloween special is so fucking comfy. Much better than the toy story one.

Watch it when you are in a comfy mood

Holy fuck that movies was stupid. I literally wish I could get my time back from watching it.

It was the inspiration for Silent Hill. It has some me great imagery. It also has that "false worlds" concept that Phillip K Dick was really keen on, and that I find interesting myself.

this

yup, this.

Halloween
Beetlejuice
Addams Family Values
The Conjuring
Psycho
Ghostbusters
Nightmare Before Christmas
Frankenstein
Casper
Donnie Darko
A Nightmare on Elm Street

Influential /=/ good.

I want to see that old Italian horror movie Jennifer Conelly was in that served as the inspiration for Clock Tower.

thanks for the rec senpai. watching it now. very kino.

precisely, for instance the Romero trilogy is highly influential, but is in fact poorly shot, poorly edited, poorly acted, and has one of the most infantile, shitty "messages" of all time.