Memes aside. Anyone else think Zach Snyder is a genuinely great director?

Memes aside. Anyone else think Zach Snyder is a genuinely great director?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UD3byJxc9Vc
youtube.com/watch?v=fDfz-i1yCFc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No

Not at all.

Yes.

No
I still think BvS gets too much flak

Yes at all.

Yes I do, but
>image.jpg
You still need to go.

Not a SINGLE good movie, period.

Mmmm,
300 and Watchmen were good.
Rest were shit.
6/10

I think he needs to stay away from DC movies and work on other projects. He really isn't the type of guy that you give a multi billion blockbuster franchise to.

Has he made a genuinely good movie?

its impossible for him to make a bad movie,i've watched all his 7 movies and they were all great.Now the upcoming Justice League movie,we've got nothing to worry about,since it will be from him,Masterpiece guaranteed.

The way in which he masterminds the sets for his movies is pretty amazing, and he's one of the best directors there is for setting in an intended mood in a movie.

Other than that, he really needs something to hold his hand for his scripts and dialog, and I don't think that he's too fantastic in uncovering the talents of his actors.

He has a limited tool set, but he uses those tools effectively.

I think he's a great music video director but if there isn't a literal beat for him to follow then he shits the bed.

Yes, he's legitimately great.

great compared to the average director? sure. great compared to my favorite directors? lol no

One Flew Over the Sucker Punch is a work of visionary genius.

>and he's one of the best directors there is for setting in an intended mood in a movie.
Very well put. This is pretty much my opinion as well.

Absolutely this

Visually he's good

Everything else? Pure garbage.

FPBP

He is like George Lucas: Has good ideas but needs a good writer to carry his movie (Hayter, Terrio).

The bait is strong in this thread...

>good ideas
>good

>Has good ideas

The only thing he did that wasn't an adaptation was completely god-awful.

He is unironically the only good capeshit director working today.

dawn of the dead is nice

B-but Sucker Punch is kino, i-it's like muh videogames.

Nobody thinks that. How can we believe you do when you misspelled his first name, the best part of him.

I give him credit for having a vision instead of just being a bland yesman with no style of his own like most blockbuster directors these days. Unfortunately his vision is that of an autistic third grader.

>he is unironically the only capeshit director working today who uses pretentious but cliched filming techniques and awfully hamfisted symbolism in an obnoxiously repetitive manner

FTFY

Yes

No there are plenty of low IQ and cinematically illiterate teenagers here.

what shit, the last image is actively comical

Fuck no.
His entire career is summed up as "WOULDN'T IT BE COOL IF?...." with zero afterthought.

He's no Leslie H. Martinson, but then who is?

This

About 45% of the time he's right and it is cool if though.

you are retarded user

This, and if you differ with him about what's cool, he offers nothing. No worldview, no interesting aesthetics, nothing.

pure kino

you have to be braindead to believe that. all of his films are about myth construction, dealing with trauma and the potential pitfalls of heroism.

It looks like the cover of a Christian memoir

Like PJ and George Lucas he is blind to poor CGI and his methods rely heavily on it.

All those images are equally dreary, there's no meaning conveyed beyond the passage of time.

We all do, disregard the memesters

underrated

No, I just have to have basic discernment. His themes are bullshit ones that only seem deep to capeshit fanboys who watch nothing else. Your image is on the Parnassus of keks.

No, that's what comics in general are about.

His films are about CGI effects extravaganzas.

>hates snyder
>is a vapid, spiritually infertile atheist
Every time.

No, comics are about refined sugar.

I don't know if "great" is the right word OP but I do know that he is the best in the business when it comes to directing action and fight scenes.

you're a fucking idiot. bruce wayne walking through a dead field at his lowest point in the film and bruce walking through a bright, healthy field at the end after he's regained hope.

snyder haters are some of the biggest retards on the planet.

Memes aside, no I don't think he's a good director.

He should really have a co-director who is a competent dramaturgist, understands all the key principles of drama, understands dialogue, tone, pacing, is nuanced and subtle with getting good out of performances from actors.

With a co-director like that he'd be really amazing . Now his work feels so uneven because he tries to do stuff that just isn't comfortably in his wheelhouse.

Say what you want but Snyder is iconic as fuck, not easy for ADHD redditeurs like you though

reminder that most, if not all of the snyder praise is coming from mexicans. Who loves them two things more than anything else. Jesus and lucha libre.

They should keep him as second unit director or something

Vapid and spiritually 'infertile' is a perfect description of Snyder's Christ-waggling pseudo-art, which hasn't even the vitality of good kitsch. You don't have to be a fedora to find the aesthetic level of a lot of modern Christian media regrettable. A serious auteur shouldn't be producing images you could picture as Joel Osteen's desktop wallpaper.

People who admire Snyder must think M. Night Shyamalan is Bresson.

The best "visual" or aestheticly focused director of our generation, but he tries to please plebes too much and all the symbolism come out as forced and hammered down

No, he is a hack.

youtube.com/watch?v=UD3byJxc9Vc

Memes aside. Anyone else think Zack Snyder is balding?

He is just awful.

It's why he is perfect for JUSTice League.

he'd be better off as a video game director, i think he just got lost on the way and somehow managed to make movies.

> dead field

Not pictured. Wild growth isn't dead. It would be to your advantage to consider why you didn't know that.

The last image as an image of 'hope' is badly vitiated by the shitty washed-out colors he's used to denote 'mature filmmaking'.

He's a competent director that understands visuals. And he has a grasp on his style, which he doesn't apologize for.
But sadly for him, he can't match his visuals and style with good material that has meaning.
BvS got close to being a deep comic movie but failed with weird decisions in story and editing.
His other work is the same. 300, Watchmen, Sucker Punch and Man of Steel are all amazing to look at but suck when it comes to story or purpose.
Dawn of the Dead is shockingly good and the Owl movie is just as surprising in it's quality.

Snyder is in every way a florentine classicist in terms of aesthetic.

Of course, one could argue that classicism and indeed the entire renaissance was vapid, lifeless kitsch.

Music video seems like the prefect fit for him.

Even video games require more than he has to offer.

> the best aesthetically focused director

> who is refn

The images set next to the gravestone only look different because Snyder uses desaturation to portray events in the past.

The second would make sense if it was the same location, but all you did was cherry pick two images of fields from the film that suited your narrative.

If Snyder actually intended the connection all it shows is that he's as least as intellectually sophisticated as a third grader, which I'll admit I didn't think before I saw your post.

Yes

Dude is 50. FIFTY.
He's thinning in the front, for sure, but that's about it. Rest looks pretty thick. If you got his hair at 50, you can be happy about yourself. Even if, that's easily fixable in Hollywood.

No, he isn't. No, one couldn't.

In terms of visual storytelling hes one of the best ever. In terms of just plain old storytelling hes ok at his very best. Hes like refin if refin dirested hundred millon dollar blockbusters

Joss Whedon*

FTFY

The thing is though is that NONE of Zacks movies have bad performances.

His weakness is writing a story with true emotional range instead the story being all dark or whatever.

But I actually think he is perfectly capable of doing so. It's just that that isn't personally what he's most into as a director and he has a massive amount of creative control in his movies so he hasn't had to adjust.

But with Justice League he will actually be forced to adjust by his superiiors and he will execute it well because he is an extremely talented director.

*directed

>In terms of visual storytelling hes one of the best ever.

>In terms of visual storytelling hes one of the best ever

have you grown pubes yet?

> ever

Really? Better than Leonce Perret?

Literally better than anything Marlel has ever shat out

talk about setting the bar low

I think you've hit on it, this is a thread for, at best, greasy community college guys who want to be film directors and love ZS for giving them a sense of profundity without challenging their viewing habits. One day, they will see a bare lady, and everything will change for them. Until then, arguing with them is like tripping a dwarf.

Better than anything in another, what, fourteen movies all made within the last decade?

From a purely visual-technical standpoint ZacKS movies completely blow Marvel's out of the water to the point that it's even absurd to compare them.

Where Marvel wins is with well rounded characters.

underrated post

>In terms of visual storytelling hes one of the best ever
Watch more movies you underage redditor.

Serious question for Snyder admirers:

Do you have a religious faith youself?

marvel deserves credit for knowing how to pander to their brain dead teenager audience

what snyder tries to do is make Serious Adult Movies with Dark Deep Themes, but it comes off as juvenile and naive because snyder himself is juvenile and naive. the guys movies are eye rolling. he tries so hard to wow the audience and make them Be In Awe at what is on the screen, but there's no substance to any of it, it's just shit thrown up there to look wow so cool. it's really childish.

Yeah I loved how they set up Hawkeye as a family man and retiring in Age of Ultron, and then just showing up at the airport to beat up his friends. I also liked when Antman decided he wanted to be a better father for his daughter and stay out of jail, but says fuck that cause Captain Americas black sidekick called.

There's something significant in the fact that you're representing him with this cam butchery of his composition, balancing, focus, colour. Like the claims you're making for his images have no relation to their actual content, and on some level you know it. Nice subtext senpai.

Your naivety and the picture quality are equally painful.

I realize these are hamfisted, but at least he's goddamn trying.

Marvel movies are like high-budget power rangers episodes.

you know who also does the jesus pose?

the lead singer from creed

I can't believe there are people in this world young enough and parentally neglected enough that they think crass Jesus moves in a superhero movie were invented five seconds ago.

Also how Iron Man was so distraught because a black kid was killed while they were fighting Ultron, but has no problem blackmailing a 15 year old to fight his battles for him.

But... that's what they should be. The way to evaluate this kind of media was codified by the time your grandparents could vote, you have no excuse for being this adolescent.

And Dave Gahan.

And Tim Robbins.

And the Paul McGann Doctor Who.

Just because a film has symbolism doesn't make it good, it has to be good first then you could appreciate the symbolism, other wise it's just like:
>"Hey! I easily emulated this popular image, praise me for my genius work!"

And Michael Jackson.

And Ricky Gervais.

And Jesus Luz.

Didn't Highlander do this too?

Highlander, if so. Christopher Lambert.

And Charles Nelson Reilly.

Just kidding about the last one.

No

>it's a alt right memetard thinks the sandnigger god spiritually fulfilling episode

This, Zach has niche appeal not mainstream

I think you're confused about what the "Alt-right" is.

His appeal is solely mainstream, nobody who's seen shit rates him.

/thread

kek I never thought of it that way, they actually are

>he tries to hard to make it deep
>none of it has any meaning

You contradicted your own post in the very same post.

Don't get it twisted. I am definitely on Team DC in this conversation.

It's just that as far as being written as actual living breathing human beings with their own character traits and foibles.

So far Marvel does it better with Tony Stark and Steve Rogers than DC does it with Clark Kent and Bruce Wayne up to this point, regardless of the lame shit the film's creators have them do like shoe horning Spiderman into a story he has absolutely no business being in. It's the characters themselves that are more well rounded and real in Marvel than in DC.

That is the one thing Marvel has over DC imo even though when it comes to the films as a whole.

I find the DC movies more compelling, thought, provoking and more well made from a purely aesthetic and technical standpoint.

respect the capitol board, newfriend

>You contradicted your own post in the very same post.

you have no idea how to use the word contradicted

>nobody who's seen shit rates him

You are forgetting that 9/10 movie critics are just writers. They dont give a shit about movies as an art form they just want to earn website hits by writing entertaining reviews of popular films

Plenty of art critics love Snyder's work

>Plenty of """""""art""""""" critics love Snyder's work

ftfu

What are you even talking about? No actual cinephile rates him, I don't read reviews of this kind of dreck.

No, no art critic loves Snyder's work. Why would you even say something so clearly baseless?

Explain it to me then kiddo because I'm pretty sure I got it right.

I do. After watching Suckerpunch, I think he's better off leaving the writing in the hands of others, but his talents as a director are beyond reproach in my eyes.

Agreed.

No he didn't, and if this is just another 'my juvenile shit is better'n yours' thread, I'm not interested.

Yes. He's the best capeshit director.

Lunging for imagery you haven't earned isn't 'making it deep'.

>Bruce
>There was a time above... a time before. There were perfect things... diamond absolutes. But things fall, things on Earth. And what falls... is fallen. In the dream, they took me to the light. A beautiful lie.
>socrates
> At first, when any of them is liberated and compelled suddenly to stand up and turn his neck round and walk and look towards the light, he will suffer sharp pains; the glare will distress him, and he will be unable to see the realities of which in his former state he had seen the shadows; and then conceive some one saying to him, that what he saw before was an illusion, but that now, when he is approaching nearer to being and his eye is turned towards more real existence, he has a clearer vision, -what will be his reply? And you may further imagine that his instructor is pointing to the objects as they pass and requiring him to name them, -will he not be perplexed? Will he not fancy that the shadows which he formerly saw are truer than the objects which are now shown to him?
>marvelittors
>not muh batman/superman

Woah. It's over marveldrones are finished.

I cannot believe you seriously think that shit is profound. Marvel and DC are both shit, all their fans deserve the James Holmes treatment.

>Marvel and DC are both shit,
Agreed, but at leasy Snyder makes a sincere effort instead of falling back on "it's just comic books bro, switch your brain off lmao".

No, again, you miss the point. A sincere effort to take the thematics seriously is artistically a less mature choice than using it for pure eye-candy and spectacle. None of the aesthetics of Marvel really satisfy on these grounds either, but what they're doing is closer to being correct because they know the stories they're telling are, without exception, pigswill. Snyder thinks he has something to say, and an opportunity to say it, and he's wrong on both counts, and wrong beyond the possibility of ever being an artist.

>he's trying
>he's trying
>he's trying

Is that all DCucks have to say? Just because he "tries" doesn't mean he didn't utterly fail every single time he directed something. If I shit on a canvas I don't get points for trying to make the new Mona Lisa. Fucking idiots

No, because that is not trying. Try to keep up

I'm "whiter" than you and I love Snyder.

>opinions that disagree with mine are bait

grow up

youtube.com/watch?v=fDfz-i1yCFc

Tell me this isn't brilliant, go on. This is masterful directing, don't even get me started on Man of Steel.
Normies cant in to art

you know, that burnt out building is Wayne Manor right, right after he has the nightmare involving the funeral.

It shows how he is trapped, confined by his crusade. At the end he is free, thanks to Superman, and the world is a brighter place.

BvS progressively gets more saturated as the film goes on, which is perfectly exemplified by the bottom two shots.

No. He's just a bootleg Robert Rodriguez.

This isn't profundity. I feel genuinely sorry for you.

I rarely come across someone on Cred Forums who even knows what a director does.

If you think comic books are somehow an inherently inferior medium for storytelling, you're woefully overestimating your own intellect.

>doesn't actually have a counter argument

I don't care what your opinion is, the fact is that visual theme is there and re-enforces the actual story being told.

It's not even unusual, let alone 'masterful', and when the camera flips upside down in the forest, it ceases to even be film directing.

Do any of you actually watch any films that don't have superheroes in them?

>liking BVS
grow up

>Christian
>8 kids (2 adopted)
>$4000 suits
>$350,000 cars
>honed body
>talented artist
>master-class director
>bonified auteur

Zack "God" Snyder

Why do you think I'll care what you think of me when your attachment to a childish medium makes you a pariah? How did you think your statement would change the discussion?

Answer this first, everyone. This is the question the entire discussion is really about.

>instagram filters
>oversaturating contrast to the max in one scene
>desaturating contrast to the max in one scene
>overdo slow-mo to make things look cool regardless of purpose
>this constitutes masterful directing

Zack is that you? Ever thought about directing music-videos, seems right down your alley

Because you're mocking the entire storyboarding process that precedes most filming every time you denigrate comics as a genre. That makes you a pleb of the very lowest echelon.

The zenith of your existence should be shoveling shit in a stable.

That's actually where he started

My bet: Snyder fans aren't usually religious. They think superhero stories are 'the myths of our time'. They have no knowledge of theology, anthropology or comparative mythology. They read Joseph Campbell's Wikipedia page. They're at community college.

>8 kids (2 adopted)

So he is a literal cuck also on top of being a manlet. I thought my respect for him couldn't be any lower already

No, he did commercials and thought he needed to do movies which is why he now does commercials stretched on to 2 hours because it's the only thing he can do

No, that makes no sense as the reason you'd think I care. No, comic books as a genre have zero to do with storyboarding, a technical process nobody confuses for an end in itself, nor is most filming preceded by storyboarding. I'm a filmmaker and writer.

This.

I was raised Southern Baptist but have absorbed a much broader conception of the Divine over the decades. I do consider comic book tales to be the modern incarnation of myth, at least insofar as they're rife with opportunities for allegory and meaningful symbolism.

I'm also aware of how some of the characters have carved out some rather unique niches for themselves in the cultural landscape and how the more talented and visionary authors working with the material can use those niches to to tell us some pretty interesting tales about ourselves, even when those truths aren't always the most palatable or easy to swallow.

And how is that working out for you?

I truly can not see how Man of Steel is hated. I get rolling your eyes at Pa Kent's death or laughing your ass off about it, but that's about it. DotD, 300, Watchmen, and BvS are great. MoS is boring but not offensive.

> bonified

Subtle.

Let's be honest, the reason these greasy community college fanboys think Snyder is a great director is that he's no smarter than they can imagine themselves being, and made a success in the world of tripe. The suits and cars are what matters.

so snyder appeals to the literally and incurably retarded

... I mean we didn't need more evidence of that, but thanks.

Why is Doomsday like ISIS? Prove how smart you are.

Nicely, thanks.

he actually is

What's your latest project and when can we expect to see it?

So you're confirming my bet in , with the difference that you were raised Christian but went astray. Everything you've said there earns ISIS.

You first.

I love how you guys think masturbating to teenage power fantasies means you somehow outrank any artist who isn't a multimillionaire.

Sucker Punch is the worst movie ever made.

Trick question, Doomsday isn't at all like ISIS.

Because isis was made by a rich white man to fight a threat to his richness and whiteness. Also doomsday wants an islamic state.

I meant for this to be absurd, but you're probably so brainfucked you think that's actually what isis is.

he's a decent genre director

Serious question: if a generation of young men think that Superman movies are worthy of comparison with myth, and that the people who make those movies can be 'visionary' and make meaningful statements about the human condition, would reviving the draft help?

Defensive all of a sudden? We were talking about the filmmaking process. You brought up you're own credentials.

We're in the current cultural situation because adulthood isn't starting for people till they're in their 30s.

My next project involves installing new firewalls and some switches in my company's accounting department. I love how your wholly unproven skill as an "auteur" is supposed to carry any weight whatsoever.

>think this is just another "must be master chef to identify dogshit" shitfling

>dude literally cited himself as a filmmaker

the internet is literally getting dumber every day.

He needs to go do something small to refocus again. He has not done any non-blockbuster since Guardians of Ga-Hoole.

...no

If at all

>visual storytelling

that doesn't mean what you think it does

Im mexican and dont like Snyder nor Jesus and lucha libre.

You first, I said.

Yes.

In Hollywood circles they don't call him Zack "Kubrick" Snyder for nothing.

I was telling you that filming is not invariably or even usually preceded by storyboarding. My skill or status isn't the issue, I'm just trying to make you understand the fact that your emotional attachment to comic books doesn't trump reality.

see

See this: . A specific claim was made which I refuted with that information. That's all.

i think with capeshit and fantasy people doing battling you have to get on board. right
snyder just gives you a very tangible but obviously hyperstyled world to populate with your imagination
kubrick did this, lynch does it
it's a thing, you either like that kind of thing or you don't

marvel is just terrible now, just like the fucking west wing or something, just this kind of endless vaudevillian banter with some boring fighting scenes

This is it. We need the draft.

top kek. Fucks like you are the reason no one takes young filmmakers and writers seriously. You use it to make yourself an authority and you have nothing you can be proud of to show.

When you're engaged in these projects, do you crowbar in flowery words like 'echelon' and 'zenith' so they'll think you're clever and not just a peasant marking time till your death, like you and I know you are?

why does Zack Snyder trigger the alt-right numale so hard? i just don't understand

>snyder just gives you a very tangible but obviously hyperstyled world to populate with your imagination
>kubrick did this, lynch does it
>comparing Hack Snyder to Kubrick and Lynch

Kubrick and Lynch didn't "hyperstylize" their movies and even if they didn't at the cost of or instead of actual substance you imbecile

lmao shut the fuck up you autist

So whats it like being a traitor to your culture?

Do you seriously think I would befoul my work and life by connecting it to a Zack Snyder thread on Cred Forums? You don't seriously think that, right?

If not inviting the scum of the earth to drop a deuce on my doorstep is cowardice, fine, whatever.

We're at the point were people are confusing levels of competency for style.

>HES TRYIING!!!!

why have i seen this question like 10 times in the last few days.

no, he's shit. go back and watch his supposedly good films like 300 and dawn of the dead and theyre 6/10s at best

Theres more in Mexico that those shits faggot

I liked that bit on South Park, "Zack Snyder, The Carrot!! Derpdederp!' "Zack Snyder, The Staplerr!!' So true.

You're the only one here so stupid you think of those as flowery terms.

He is a GREAT director

He can't write for shit though, anytime he has a strong say in the writing, the story sucks

His movies are always filmed with gorgeous shots and amazing action scenes. It works with something simple like 300 but it can be a chore to follow convoluted storylines in his films

No son, in the context he or you used them, they were flowery. He had been hitting the thesaurus to gussy up a 'you stupidhead!'-type fanboy yelp.

I used them off the cuff, extemporaneously just like this post. I'll gladly "mark time" in my six-figure job the rest of my career, thanks so very much.

I think so

I'm sure someone here said this, but I can't be fucked to scroll through it all:
he's a good visual director. the reason he's not great is because he goes overboard at times ie. Doomsday fight

he needs to have a co-director to keep him in check

Sure.

> I'll gladly "mark time" in my six-figure job

There we go. You just begged me to be impressed by you, something you earlier tried to pretend I was doing when I corrected you. You're nothing, and you're begging me to make you into something. No can do. Thanks for playing.

No, he's a shit visual director. He's a music video director. His visuals are junk food.

junk food is good you hippy faggot. go eat lentils

I like his visual style. 300 and Watchmen were enjoyable, I loved Man of Steel because it reignited my interest in Superman, and Dawn of Justice was good.

Anyone else looking forward to seeing Supes rise from the dead to kick Steppenwolf's ass in Justice League?

No, you actively attempted, poorly mind you, to belittle my position in life when I candidly referred to it.

You don't get to call foul now that the road you chose to follow only ended up taking you to beat-down alley. You're an inconsequential piece of shit who pretends he brings something more to the world. I'm just some comic geek loser who's somehow both more intelligent and more successful than you, and this post is a more significant contribution to the art world than anything you've yet accomplished.

>You don't get to call foul

You don't get to belittle someone when you're incapable of sounding like microsoft sam.

I think he could make a good DP, maybe

>Anyone else looking forward to seeing Supes rise from the dead to kick Steppenwolf's ass in Justice League?

Fuck yes, I am.

MovieBob thinks he's a visionary genius lmao. Or atleast he used to, I'm pretty sure he's probably changed his tune now.

I would like to see his kids get DPd by a football team of nigras while he looks on, aghast and kneecapped. That'll teach him to make films I don't like, the fucking yid pretender.

> the road you chose to follow only ended up taking you to beat-down alley

You sure showed him.

There's a middleground called nutrition.

thats exactly what Snyder movies are. marvel movies are the horseshit junk food

No, Snyder is like one of those revolting chains where they make you wait to be seated as though it was an actual restaurant and spray fake steak aroma onto the burgers, those places neckbeards go with their neckbeard buddies when they want to pretend to be their parents going out for dinner without having to deal with the furnishings, food that tastes of anything real, or choices.

marvel are those mexican food carts that give you diarrhea

He's the only director making interesting capeshit. He approaches it as if he is creating new works within the genre unlike marvel which seem to just make milquetoast semi adaptations.

Maybe, but this is like 'my diverticulosis is better than your IBS'.

Well, for starters, he destroys monuments to "false gods." Work backwards from there and see what else you can come up with.

But I think we can all agree, he's no Leslie H. Martinson, let alone an Artemio Marquez.

how about you mind your own business and let people consume what they want. go to North Korea if you want to be treated like a baby

No, we already said we thought it wasn't applicable and was cretinous shit. You can't do this. This is like asking if someone wants to see a magic trick. If they walk away from you muttering 'jagoff', you don't follow them along the sidewalk, you fucking autist.

>do you want to see a magic trick
Well do you?

He is not a great director, he is on the same level of Paul W.S. Anderson, he only gets big budgets because he's married with a WB producer.

Zack Snyder is a troubling figure because of the symbolism in his work relating to the blood libel, which if you follow his work, is implied to be no libel at all.

Of course not, nobody does.

And I tell you, an important clue was found here.

Nope. Often times he will think of great shots that appear enticing in trailers but he has no idea how to make a good movie

Watchmen and 300 were almost frame for frame adaptations of the comics so it kind of mask his awful storytelling style

People forget that Zack Snyder directed Dawn of the Dead.

What we must fight for is to safeguard the existence and reproduction of our race and our people, the sustenance of our children and the purity of our blood, the freedom and independence of the fatherland, so that our people may mature for the fulfillment of the mission allotted it by the creator of the universe. Every thought and every idea, every doctrine and all knowledge, must serve this purpose. And everything must be examined from this point of view and used or rejected according to its utility.

>People forget that Zack Snyder directed Dawn of the Dead.
And?

I don't have to draw you a picture, do I?

Snyder is a visionary. Just deal with it marvelcucks

Questions that demand an answer.

I'm waiting.
>Snyder is a visionary
Prove it.

Because the beauty of the White Aryan woman must not perish from the earth.

BvS

Dawn of the Dead is an allegory for the breaking down of ZOG conditioning. Ironic that its author is a known sheeny.

speaking the truth

interesting that no marvel directors have threads like this on Cred Forums

it speaks for itself that Snyder is tearing apart the nerd world that is the MCU

Isn't it past your bed time.

good one lmao

Didn't he make that movie where he openly sharks after a tiny girl's ''''''''''''''''''nice arse''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''', this (((Zack))) (((Snyder)))

a 'Sucker Punch' is a reference to a sex act involving a minorah, isn't it?

KEK KEK

> aaaaarlgh eat my fookin caviare

What did this kike toilet mean by this?

It isn't, I was shocked how naive this user is, he must be very young.

so you like to converse with underage? creepy

Unironically this. It's goddam masterpiece of a film.

Prove to me that Zack Snyder isn't trying to expose the malefactors of his own tribe. He is the Bobby Kennedy of oven dodgers, from where I'm standing.

This and check'd

this. if Ebert was alive he would have to update his film meter to 6 stars

Zack agrees, he made Daen of the Dead and Sucker Punch particularly to warn of the bendy figured mercheant. He's been sucked into it now, the famous diamonds bit is about how it feels to be so compromised, but still he's trying to get us to ladle Stan Lee into a fucking oven

Snyder isn't even Jewish you dumb fuck Cred Forums reject.

At least he only passed on the manlet genes to two kids

Yeah. The people saying no, ask them whom their favorite directors are

Do not be surprised when they spout reddit and Kibrcik fanboy outcry.

This is great news! He's braver than I thought, taking the stand he is.

> white supremacist
> includes anti-ZOG messages
> traiditionalist
> has many kids to help outbreed the nig

Is he /ourguy/?

this isnt Cred Forums you fatfuck

n-no, I'm not.
Zack isn't trying to prove anything because his movies are as shallow as he is, and for your information, he is no different than those "malefactors" you mention, or do you actually think that Chroma Key: The Flick actually cost several hundreds of millions of dollars to make?
Are you really that naive?

>LITERALLY LITERALLY
Grow the hell up.

you must be new here

hello, reddit

We need conscription like Israel.

richard roeper said everything until the doomsday fight was on course for the best comic book movie ever, srs

and if i remember right, ebert was a huge fan of the watchmen movie as well

I'm not fat, citizen. Nor did I mention Cred Forums.

Are you implying creative accountancy on his part?

Richard (((Roeper))) liked it eh?

If he became a director of photography he would be a 10/10, sadly people still give him writing/directing jobs which he's a fucking abomination at

i hate critics but Roeper is more credible than the entirety of (((Rotten Tomatoes)))

>“Over a half century ago, while I was still a child, I recall hearing a number of old people offer the following explanation for the great disasters that had befallen Russia: "Men have forgotten God; that's why all this has happened." Since then I have spent well-nigh 50 years working on the history of our revolution; in the process I have read hundreds of books, collected hundreds of personal testimonies, and have already contributed eight volumes of my own toward the effort of clearing away the rubble left by that upheaval. But if I were asked today to formulate as concisely as possible the main cause of the ruinous revolution that swallowed up some 60 million of our people, I could not put it more accurately than to repeat: "Men have forgotten God; that's why all this has happened.”

What, are they all SHEENYS?!

Probably but I'm not sure, his wife is probably the one being creative, he doesn't seem to be very talented on anything related with being creative.

His a cuck.

He has adopted children.

Everywhere is Cred Forums, friend. Every act is a political act.

Yes.

Plebs will disagree.

Holy fucking shit dude

Is she by any chance a merchant?

>I realize these are hamfisted
Bullshit.

Plebs here didn't notice until all those meme infographics started to pop up.

Now everybody's like
>yeah I t-totally saw that hehe, it's so on the nose and cliché h-hehe

You must be 18 etc.

he wrote and directed Sucker Punch. it doesn't get more creative than that

i think Snyder haters have an inferiority complex for not being talented or creative themselves

he's actually a pretty good director, but he suffers from continually trying to take on stupidly large scale projects and half assing them with his own vision instead of an objectively good one

Isn't it completely fitting to have a comic book movie be a high budget power rangers episode? This shit is supposed to be for children

How would that explain our admiration for the hundreds of artists we enjoy and prefer to Snyder?

I think you're replaying a recent trauma.

Exactly.

>we

so you speak for all Snyder hater redditors?

Not inherently worse, but most of the material that exists thus far is trash for children

>3 hour movie
>for children

LMAO

More than one person who's posted on the suckness of Snyder here and on other threads has expressed admiration or implicitly greater esteem for other directors. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO now you stalled pointlessly, address the total slackness of your theory.

This is how they think, folks. This is really how they think.

upvoted

Yeah, Snyder tried to adapt material for children and teens into a serious film. Turns out it was shit

You tell me.
>he wrote and directed Sucker Punch. it doesn't get more creative than that
Arguably the worst movie ever made, I'm a very reasonable guy and I give a chance to any no matter how bad it is, most of the times there is always something of positive to take from it, but Sucker Punch was an insult to the world of cinema, I was insulted, I was cringing, I was raging and tipping my fedora all at the same time while watching that movie, I don't want to ever watch it again.

Those guys don't challenge you, perhaps? They don't explore themes that you maybe aren't all that comfortable with?

I'll ask you this, fully expecting you to believe I'm asking for no reason beyond me fishing for material to bully you with, but are you a fan of *any* "cape" films? How about comics? How old are you?

I know that, strangely enough, for a place that takes such pride in its namelessness, people are normally terrified with being honest about themselves, but if you were to answer those questions honestly, I might be able to point out some reasons you dislike this director and embrace others.

meanwhile marvel directors get no threads on Cred Forums. why is that?

Not that user, but I'll bite and say I don't enjoy any other superhero movies that I can think of. Granted, I haven't seen a lot of them.

>Sucker Punch worst movie ever made

watch more movies kid

The reason is, he's shit.

/tha-read

Because they make movies for children, in keeping with the childish nature of the material they're adapting

what a childish dismissive opinion. is all fiction written for children?

All comic books are for children.

Can we please end this meme of pretending not to know that? Accept your failure as a man and move on.

hour movie
>>for children

>I pick you up
>sit you next to your blocks
>put the movie on
>leave you there watching super faggot versus fat man
>spend 3 hours porking your mum without having to worry about your smelly ass

No, just the stuff about people in spandex and the guy who dresses up as a bat to fight crime. Stuff like that

bullshit, Sin City is for 18+

and if it isn't it damn well should be

>you share a film board with people this pleb

It's for 13-year-old boys, like every other drawn depiction of gore and fucking ever.

I have, it is probably the worst, it's worse than Sherlock Undercover dog and as bad as Garbage Pail Kids.

>stop having hobbies! no fun allowed!

Just clarifying, but you're saying you don't enjoy many cape films besides Snyder's?

If so, I'm in the same boat. I don't *hate* other cape stuff, but I don't look on it as being anything besides largely disposable family entertainment.

Yeah, it's sobering.

>implying young teens don't love excessive violence and gore

but alien fiction is for big boys right?

No, I'm saying I don't enjoy any. Snyder is fucking terrible too

Yea kids probably love the Saw movies for the same reason, it doesn't mean the movie was made for the 10 and under demographic

Not really, no. I don't see how my post implied that at all

You all always say stuff like this, and it always makes me sad for you because you're clearly being genuine. You have no idea how to have fun as an adult. You have no idea what you could possibly do differently from when you were 11. And this is how your life will pass.

These are movies about grown men in capes flying around and hitting each other.

Marvel doesnt try to act like these movies are something they arent.

Dc on the other hand keeps trying to convince us these juvinile stories are deeper than they actually are

i know youre memeing but i unironically loved Sucker Punch. my top 3 movies of all time

1. BvS
2. Citizen Kane
3. Sucker Punch

>shifts goalposts to deny plain truth

Why waste your energy?

Nope.

Holy fucking shit dude

lol so tell me how you personally have fun as an adult. i didnt know there were guidelines

And there we have it. For a non-fan of this imaginary niche genre within sci-if/fantasy, largely anything would be equally terrible to you, simply by virtue of its source material.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with that, other than your insistence in participating in a discussion to which you can by your own admission contribute nothing of any real substance.

ikr i have god tier taste in film

Why are you smirking at me about the most basic and obvious empirical reality? Your parents are ashamed of you.

Actually I've seen BvS and a few other Snyder films, so I have plenty to add to the discussion. Also where did I say that I dismiss all comic book movies due to their source material? Stop putting words in my mouth. I avoid the genre because I have yet to see a film from it that wasn't either shit or blatantly made to appeal to children and young teens.

No, what you like is objectively poor.

/thread

lol avoid my question. im asking what you do or what you think adults should do to have fun. what are the guidelines?

What makes a story inherently juvenile? Is All magical realism equally abhorrent to you?

>im holding out for the holy grail of comic book movie

the definition of insanity is to keep doing something expecting different results

I'm not holding out for a holy grail of comic book movies. I dont think the genre has anything particularly substantive or interesting to offer

I didn't put words in your mouth. You said you hadn't seen many. I don't think I made a huge leap in saying you seemed to be saying you didn't watch a lot of cape movies.

How about comics? Are you a fan of those?

>/threading your own post
>being this new

but you keep watching them lol. youre one of the biggest idiots ive come across on Cred Forums

>but you keep watching them
No. I've only seen a couple. Are you a comic book movie fan yourself? If so, your post is hilariously ironic

a redditor like yourself probably likes the Hunger Games series more than Snyder films. how far off am i?

>magical realism

Its a fiction or non fiction. There is no such thing as both

Pretty far off. I haven't seen any of them either. They look just a shit

I don't disagree. Are you saying you only watch biopics?

Also doesn't reddit have entire boards dedicated to capeshit? Seems like you'd fit right in

only a redditor like you would want to be in an echochamber/circlejerk

If that were the case I'd be on reddit, not Cred Forums. Are you going to say something that isn't retarded at some point?

What the fuck does Reddit have to do with biopics?

My bad. Was meant for