Stranger Things

What does Cred Forums think of Stranger things? Finished watching it and it was great tbqh. Highly enjoyed it.

Best homage to the 80' since Darkplace. The fags on this board hate it because they're not allowed to like anything that's popular.

started out strong then slowly but surely turned to shit

Explain?

the first few episodes had me hooked and spooked then the writing took a shit.

>turned to shit
>the writing took a shit
That's not an explanation.

Writing was pretty good for all episodes except for Barbara.

the writing did a good job of making you wonder what was going on then the answers were lazy and unimaginative. both the monster and the men in black were completely incompetent and uninteresting and other than a few characters the rest were just whiny and annoying. by the time I got to the last episode I felt like watching the show was a chore.

it was kind of predictable but in a good way

im sick of twists and stressful shows i knew everything would work out on this one just by the way it was..

wow
imo it started out abysmal so i guess i bailed at the right moment

Delicious girl

episode 3 was the high point for me

Loved it. I think whoever casted the show deserves an emmy.

her name is Carmen Cuba and she will have one by this time next year.

this girl is gonna be the next big thing, right? she seems extremely mannered irl but that was a breakout performance if i ever saw one

Yeah, she was good but I think people are exaggerating what a breakthrough it might. This isn't quite GoT level, atleast not yet.

it might be*

No, this is the undisputed breakout star.

well it's not like any of the non-established got people have delivered any earth-shattering shit. dinklage maybe, he was kinda obscure before

im okay with this
barb wuz based

Exactly. Being able to pull shit off in a TV series doesn't guarantee any real success even if people are initially smitten with them.

>dinklage maybe
I mean, what has he really done since GoT? Days of Future Past and Pixels. Granted, most of the cast is still married to the show for a big portion of the year, but if you're a Game of Thrones star your options seem to be X-Men or Silent Hill. Or if you're a twink you can do a Laika flick.

yea i guess you're right. all the internet accolades can blind you sometimes

the dude should do podcasts or audiobooks, he has a terrific voice and wouldn't have to be the imp in everything, it's a win-win

>Or if you're a twink you can do a Laika flick.
Top zozzle. I'm surprised Laika got Bran and Rickon before Singer did.

They didn't age well. Singer had no interest.

the series was decent entertainment value. nothing mindblowing about it, nothing to keep you hooked other than nostalgia aura and the plotline. am i missing something? this is just a decent series, there's nothing exceptional about it.

Yeah, it's was just an allround good series. Not exceptional, but it played all the old tropes pretty well and had some really good casting.

it was*

fuggggg

>Objectively false.