King Kong (2005)

what do ya think, Cred Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DTWYQhTT388
youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_290930&feature=iv&list=PL51AD33E96EA9F392&src_vid=b-f5iMDXvcA&v=ZYZsJYZVt5g
youtu.be/c8nHCZqgFA8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

a better movie then most people want to admit, jack black's best work.

It's really an interesting movie, just Jimmie is mentioned so much and then just disappeared. it's funny actually.

say his name like 30 times, then no conclusion.

I don't believe anyone has ever sat through it.

Jimmy was there until they went to NY.

the beginning was boring but the end wasn't too bad. the girl was such a fucking tard though the whole time and I have an irrational hatred for adrian brody.

Horrible casting of actors I normally enjoy. The Kong vs T-Rex fight scene was sweet, so were the aerial shots when the planes were shooting at Kong on the Empire State Building. I got a bad case of the heebie jeebies when the mammoth insects wrecked their group.

7/10

far too long. quite want to rewatch to see how the cgi has aged, but dont want to set aside a full three hours out of my evening for a jack black flick

"let's remake a well-known classic and have it be pretty much beat-for-beat the same story but nearly twice as long"

Oh so Leslie Jones can take white women but when I do it it's called kidnapping

Fucking hour and a half before they get to the Island.

I liked it though

Jack Black is one of those actors I like, but hate everything he does.

Should have cut the first hour on the boat. The island was the best part and could have been it's own movie

RIP Harambe

>jack black's best work.

Horseshit.

School of Rock > Nacho Libre > Shallow Hal > High Fidelity > Be Kind Rewind > Orange County > King Kong > Tropic Thunder > Tenacious D > Year One > [Jumanji]

Really fun movie that people hate for some reason.
I also played the shit out of the Gamecube King Kong game which was good fun

PS2 here.

"furthermore, you know how the original has this odd, dreamlike, almost primal sense of timelessness to it despite how dated all the technical aspects of it are? well ours will look bad in three years, in fact it won't even look that good at the time of release. just putting a whole new spin on things."

Bernie>>>>>School of Rock

When the gorilla played with her tits it was hot. Either this one or the other one

are you 10 years old? The D is by far JB's best work (the show and band, not the movie)

Same here.

For some reason my dad also got really into it, and we played the whole thing together

You hated School of Rock? Nacho Libre? Tenacious D?

I think my favorite thing about the game was Jack Black filming you stab dinosaurs with a spear

BLACKED

Better than the original

Not just spears, old bones that are lying around. Also the giant fucking crab

I seriously expected to see the Blacked logo photoshopped on when opening this thread.

I think it adds a lot of ethos and character to Kong himself, making him really human and much more tragic than the original. Like, in the original he's just a monster that Anne hates the entire time. Here, we get to know him with Anne and she begins to love him (not romantically - probably?) and his death is heartbreaking whereas in the original it's just the monster dying. Plus the way he dies is kind of funny, just swiftly falling and bonking his head on the building. Although in a way I suppose the original might even be more tragic, if you can identify with Kong, because literally no one loved him and he died a villainous monster in their eyes.

The insect pit is nightmare fuel. Very good movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=DTWYQhTT388

Good, but WAY too long

Did you even see the original you autistic nitwit?

Yeah it's the first movie I can ever remember watching, I see it at least once a year. It hasn't aged well in many aspects but still has an ethereal charm to it that makes it a perfect adventure movie despite being basically a remake of the silent Lost World movie. The 2005 version is in many ways a better film although it lacks certain qualities of the original that make it timeless.

Regardless of what you think of the movie, this scene was really well done.

Has any fantasy animal fight ever surpassed this scene?
youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_290930&feature=iv&list=PL51AD33E96EA9F392&src_vid=b-f5iMDXvcA&v=ZYZsJYZVt5g

we'll be gettin that movie soon enough

honestly this is the only movie where i have been able to watch fully CGI scenes and be totally in it (well maybe the newer planet of the apes films too). Like I typically get thrown out of the movie when I'm just watching cartoons hit each other (Pacific Rim for example) but King Kong feels like there is real weight to everything, it has a more grounded sense of placing the CGI in the world I guess

>High Fidelity below Shallow Hal and Nacho Libre

youtu.be/c8nHCZqgFA8

Never seen it and really have no interest but there is no way it can be worse than the original.

@@74683037
Extremely hot post, in many levels. Congrats

Holy shit the gamecube game was fucking great. I was too much of a pussy for it but it was still fun.

The movie itself was great too, a little on the long side though.

All those ludicrous close-up panning shots. The best parts of the fight scene are when it's shown wide with surrounding scenery and the cut doesn't last for literally half a second, and that's a shame because most of the scene isn't like that.

Would be perfect with a Phantom Editor chopping it down to two hours.

I don't give a shit how long it was but I actually think it's a great movie. It made this scene extremely uncomfortable.

Why didn't they ever show king kong's cock and balls? I know gorillas have dicks on the smaller end of the spectrum for primates, but if he's several stories tall that should equate to like a 5-10 foot dick flopping round, no?

>ruining bukaki pr0n for me

BRAVO JACKSON

This scene nearly traumatized me as a child

Long film, too much time spent on the boat getting to the island. Other than that, I really enjoy it. Also the CGI holds up very well.

>no cable guy

This. I remember becoming consciously bored in the cinema and thinking why the hell are hanging on this for so long.

The main problem with the movie is the choice of director. Peter Jackson was not the man for the job. They should have hired someone in the vein of Spielberg.

I played it on the Gameboy

Movie is Apekino

Naomi Watts' naked feet stepping in the dirt and rocks.

>that secret ending where you protect Kong in a biplane, he climbs down from the skyscraper, they get him to a boat and set him free on the island again
GOAT

A bit overlong, some dated CGI, slow pacing, and a goofy scene or two.

But otherwise a pretty damn good movie. Great cast, great music, good performances, and some unique sort of actions/story that you can't find anywhere else imo.

I want to fuck Naomi Watts

Best ending !

Gets a lot of things right (Kong, soundtrack, some of the cast/characters, the island etc.), but also gets a lot of things wrong (adrian brody, too long, some scenes are so overtop and the CGI sometimes looks shitty like the bit where everyone is running away from the dinosaurs and they start falling over, or the bit where kong fights like 5 t-rexs at once). Good film though overall