Why are Millennials not going to the theaters anymore?

Why are Millennials not going to the theaters anymore?

Other urls found in this thread:

snopes.com/leo-the-lion-mgm-logo/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

the internet

I have been to a movie theater 4 times in the last two weeks and I will be going two more times next week.

Shove it

Prequels, sequels, reboots, etc, are very boring and not worth 10$

Bedbugs in the seat cushions.

>$20 for 1.5 hours of entertainment

fuck that lmao

They can't survive 2 hours without looking at their phones.

snopes.com/leo-the-lion-mgm-logo/

Mosques are too small

Settle down old man he was talking about millenials

Because those cunts keep shitting out remakes that pander to sensibilites and in 20 years we'll look back on shit like the ghostbusters and oceans 11 remakes, having been able to achieve equality without acting like retards and this decade will make us look like unsophisticated morons.

the theater sucks
people cough and talk and eat nasty snacks with their fatty piggy lips smacking
they sneeze and laugh and whisper and talk on the phone and popcorn makes awful creaking noises as well as crunching noises plus squishy icky noises from the butter
plus you're sitting in a room with dozens of other people and it makes for a really weird atmosphere
plus the projector sometimes isn't lined up properly so the image is slightly off and sometimes it's jittery so the picture moves a very small amount throughout the entire film

the last time i went to the movies was to see 2001 and in addition to all of the above a tumblr-y couple in front of me started actually fucking during HAL's death scene, complete with moans, suction noises, muffled giggles, and wet slappy sounds. i will never go to the theater again in my life, no matter what.

I go by myself on a regular basis and I'm 21

Too many mass shootings, singles policy needs to be more severely enforced

I don't even know why people could think OPs image is real. The lighting and angle of the Lion's shoulders on the logo are completely different, not to mention there's no reason the MGM logo would be visible from the back, other than to make sure people understood what the image was.

costs too much and nothing looks appealing.

How are you supposed to get to the thinking area?

Last time I went, it was a rated R movie and this family comes in: parents and two kids. All of them were on their phones with the sound on and then later in the movie the two kids were playing hide-n-seek. So I don't really go anymore because shit like that keeps happening.

piracy is the preferable choice because there's so many ways to rationalize it, movies lately are garbage because they truly feel tailored to turn a profit as opposed to appeal via any sort of actual artistic merit

also back to redit saying millennials because if you're 30 and still posting here you're the one who needs to fuck

What is the cut off for being a millennial?

where do you live?

surely there are arthouse theaters that play actual quality stuff

Who cares?
I go if it's worth my time. Like if kino is showing it's nice to see it on the big screen.

It used to be 90s kids and stuff, but now it's been extended to pretty much anyone currently under 35. Which is bullshit, I definitely remember a time when we were Gen Y and those instagramming emoji-abusing fuckhead kids were millenials.

People younger than me :^)

Don't care about arthouse and don't care about quality.

I like garbage and hollywood isn't selling me on the garbage they're putting out.

>theatres are full of remakes and comic book movies catering to children of the 80's
>everyone wonders why a generation who have no nostalgic attachment to this shit don't watch it
what a fucking mystery.

>thinks kids aren't the main audience for capeshit
Nice try.

1995 is when the "M-gen" starts

>find a seat
>some asshole sits directly behind you
>starts to kick your seat

mfw

Because if I want to see a movie I'll either stream it or just wait until it's out on video.

I don't even go on movie dates anymore because

>hurr let's stare at a screen together for two hours and be annoyed by unruly teens

Is a pretty shitty date.

Kids don't have money
Parents are the problem

kill yourself

fuck off millennial, the target audience is manchildren and everyone knows it.

I went to the theater 3 times this year

B v S, Jungle Book, Suicide Squad

Come at me Cred Forums

Netflix and chill is the hot thing

Yeah. Kids don't ask for anything, ever. I concur!

>Too expensive overall
>The best movie times are reserved for 3D showings and other bullshit that costs more
>Have to sit through 20 minutes of commercials before the movie starts
> Selection of movies is extremely limited, even in large cities (same movies all the time)
> Have to physically get up and go to a theater rather than clicking one button on a computer

What else?

i thought it was because they filmed the lion in black and white since they didn't have colored film yet so it would make even less sense for a photograph to be colored and with those kinds of colors

>some slut sitting in front
>pulls out her phone with brightness set to max
>goes onto fucking facebook and scrolls aimlessly

Every single time I go to cinema.

This

also huge unemployment for millenials, such a cash is a fortune in these times

Because I hate people and prefer to just pirate movies and relax in the comfort of my own home.

Don't blame them, there ain't no movies comin' out worth watching.

probably not applicable to everyone but i live an hour away from the nearest theater
and having to pay for fare back and forth as well as the movie ticket and dedicated snack table slave isn't really worth it when i can just watch it at home a month or so later

Millennials have internet and no money.
You can piece this up and make the conclusion.

Sure there is, what about Doctor Strange and Dunkirk?

are you too much of a pussy to ask her to put it away?

>expensive tickets
>more expensive snacks
>everybody is just on their phones

Gee I wonder

you sound like a gigantic plebeian

Oh yeah I just LOVE being in room full of teens and autists on their phone when I just want to quietly enjoy my current choice of Kino.

>being this sensitive to noise
>being this allergic to people
Shit and I thought *I* had the assburgers. Good god.

I've never had a bad experience in a theater on account of other people.

>no friends
>no GFs
>no money
>dirty little bootleggers stealing cars off of the internet
>only two MCU movies a year anymore, so why bother?

you forgot the obnoxiously loud ghetto niggers

why would I pay $20 to listen to some asshole eating nachos right next to my ear, people flashing their phone screens and kids yelling?

congratulations normie

Thats not how they did the mgm logo btw.

Once a year I get baked as fuck with my friends and see some random shit movie at 3 AM when no one else is in the theater. That's about as much theater exposure as I get and I imagine that's also the case for many people my age.

this

Is this really what's it's like for people

I thought white people theaters were immaculate havens of silence and courtesy.

I'm not even a normie, I'm an autist. But I guess autism falls on a spectrum.

I don't hone in on those sounds, the movie is five times as loud and visually engrossing. Do you take adderall or Vyvanse something? That's the only way I can see myself focusing on the sound of popcorn over the sound sight and sounds of the movie.

Moreover I've never been to a movie where someone had their cell phone out and it was distracting, that's always been a big no-no and the few people that have done it have gotten called out on it.

>Expensive tickets
>Expensive food/drink
>30 minutes worth of adverts before the movie even starts
>Have to deal with the complete misery that is the general public;
>Loud faggots
>Obnoxious teens
>Crying children
>Stupid arguing families
>Mobile phones
>Tall people
>Dumbshits talking and asking questions

Do you want any more fucking reasons?

I can just pirate shit and watch in perfect peace quiet and comfort of my own home without the bullshit fuckyou very much.

>tall people
lol manlet

you must go to rich well educate theaters because all the normal theaters i have ever been to were like this. anyway i'm mainly talking about my 2001 experience because it's such a quiet movie i could really not help but focus on my surroundings.

not related but i'm suddenly getting a flash of memory from when i was a kid and my mom took my little brother and i to see the pacifier starring vin diesel and it was so packed that we had to stand in the back

this is why you have to go see matinees, ideally on weekdays if you can manage it. generally this will mean cheaper tickets and nearly empty movie theaters.

also, stop eating food at the movie theater you disgusting fuck. you are there to watch a movie, not have a meal.

there, I have fixed all your problems

10$ would be pretty nice
Where I live a ticket is about 17$

I saw lobster, room (the fritzel one), and Cloverfield lane. Am I patrician?

Not a millenial, but i have a comfy room with big comfy sofa, home cinema and high end 65 inch 4k HDR calibrated tv.
I can watch everything in sooo much better quality than in cinema, all this while eating whatever i want, whenever i want.

because people are fucking retarded

Not even slightly

Because it's too fucking expensive

And the popcorn + drink is expensive too

You can get like a month's subscription to Netflix or any other service for the price of two films in the theater

>eats theater snacks
>subscribes to Netflix

yes, let's take this person's opinion on the value of going to see movies in a theater

I find it odd that 2001 would even draw out such a crowd. I figure the theater would be borderline empty because only autists would see that movie. I guess the fuck-couple picked it because they figured no one would be there. I would snitch on anyone that ratchet in the heartbeat, though, that's fucking disgusting.

I guess I need to check my privilege.

last movie i saw was fury road

there has not been any other movie worth seeing in a theater

i don't care about cost

Why should I pay $20 to sit in other people's filth only to listen to some loud woman shout into her phone next to me and some kid tweeting about how much he hates the film before it's even over.

It's a bullshit marketing term.

you're saying there hasn't been a good movie out since Fury Road?

are you a retard

No, because patricians also absorb pop culture into their consciousness to see how to critique modern life.

Also Millennials ruined movies for themselves
>invented cell phone abuse
>invented talking to their movies because its like being alone in their rooms talking to their PC
>invented piracy which forced theaters to use ads
>mass supported capeshit which raised ticket prices
>killed Video Stores by pirating which made it so recent movies aren't achievable for a price and now literally only piratable which started a downward spiral, where people pirate because they cant get the movies they want on demand, which makes studios need that initial box office to make money, yet they don't go the theater because manners get worse because of less socialization, which sends people to pirating more.

not one i'd bother sitting next to other people and watching

pee wherever you want

It was really crowded actually, I was surprised. Lots of people even brought their kids. The only other movie I saw in theaters this year was 10 Cloverfield Lane and it was even worse. Black families yelling and guffawing, kids running around screaming and crying, phones everywhere. I'm never going to experience that again, thankfully.

millenials are born from 1980 to 1995 btw

so most of you here are millenials or generation Z or w.e the fuck they call it

can you not just go at a time when the theaters are mostly empty?

I don't see why this is such a hard concept

literally no good movies

Not that guy but it was his personal opinion that there hasn't been a movie worth seeing in theatres since Fury Road.
This is a sentiment I share too. There hasn't been a movie since that was so theatrical, epic and enhanced by actually being in a cinema to see it.

yeah that too

I'm sorry to tell you this but you're just a pleb. Basically all great movies are better seen in a movie theater.

Fury Road was certainly more spectacular than most due to its visuals but there have been plenty of beautiful movies released since then and they were all worth seeing in a theater.

>but there have been plenty of beautiful movies released since then and they were all worth seeing in a theater.
Nah, I go to the movies a lot and there just hasn't been another blockbuster like Fury Road.

name 3 good movies worth seeing in a theater since fury road

your push for theater attendance is strange

1980 that meme needs to stop

I would say 1990 if anything

I will name you three movies I have seen in the last month at the theater:

Sully (especially on IMAX)
Ixcanul
Indignation

I think it's really sad that on a FILM board it is seen as "strange" that someone thinks going to see movies is a good thing to do

maybe you should get some taste and not just enjoy roller coaster rides masquerading as movies

fury road was terrible and i regret seeing it in theaters, or at all for that matter

that's what it is

Because movies are not actually an artform, but a gimmick American empire pushed onto the world as a lifestyle propaganda. As America vanes, so does the interest in movies. In a hundred years people will still listen to serious music, create serious art and novels. An occasional video game may prove itself as something more. But movies will be relegated to short memevids on the memetube.

And I'm not sad about this. I have come to loathe movies with my whole soul just as much as I'm trapped to come back and watch them.

movies arent doing enough to promote diversity.

pleb

No it starts at 1990 some people even say 1995

Maybe I should develop a better taste in blockbusters and movies then.
Shame there's no one posting itt with any of that knowledge.

naw you are just a child with bad taste

you retards ever heard of matinee?

When i can have a better movie watch at home why go?
>shitty people
>worse screen than you have at home
>sound sucks

Home theaters are far better. Theaters shoukd die in a fire

you sound like a gigantic pleb

>Army of Darkness
Eh maybe a few laughs worthy
>Furry Broad
Some genius scenes, some feminist cancer, terrible plot
>Boyhood
American nostalgia: the cancer
>The Tarantino Cucked
Fuck off
>It Follows
Trashy mediocre fest
>Mad Men
Themes for spergs only
>Dredd
Fun but nothing amazing
>Birdman
Pretentious and absolutely revolting

Why do I hate movies Cred Forums
Please help me

no, who is she?

Well maybe if you quit projecting yourself onto me.

Because I know that in one years time I can grab the film to own on DVD for the half the price of a ticket and I am a patient person.

I don't give a shit about "cinematic experience" and prefer watching them in the comfort of my own home anyway.

Home theater is far better.
>order pizza
>drinks
>movie looks better than on a screen.

Lcd and plasma sre far better than shitty projection. You tv fucks have been idiots going to movies in theaters

>squishy icky noises from the butter

F R O M T H E B U T T E R !

Because every movie releasing in theaters sucks, and I can't be fucked to spend 15-20 bucks on a sub-standard experience when my Netflix account is perfectly fine.

>20$ tickets
What the fuck

Cause they recommend you bad movies.

My favs
Brotherhood of the wolf
The flight of dragons (james earl jones is the best evil wizard)
Pans labrynth
Mirrormask

So you can tell what i like. Fanatasy weird shit. I'm sure there is something for you but stop going to the theater they rarely play good movies

Because I can never get a date

17$ in canada and much higher i hear in aus

Just a reminder that the entire movie industry relies on you buying concessions. If you don't then the whole thing comes crashing down.

The sea cow thing?

>post your face when you sneak candy in your cargo shorts

>pay exorbitant prices for popcorn or drinks, refills cost more money
>popcorn can be overcooked or stale
>next to no legroom, seats are always uncomfortable
>have to sit through at least half an hour of commercials when you already shelled out 30 fucking dollars
>always some asshole on their phone
>people leaving and coming back constantly, distracting
>usually some inconsiderate dipshit parents who can afford to see a movie but can't afford a babysitter for their fucking toddler/infant

every theater will have at least 3 of these problems. i'd rather just pirate the bluray rip and buy the movie later if i like it and want to listen to the commentary and stuff

>Just a reminder that the entire movie industry relies on you buying concessions. If you don't then the whole thing comes crashing down.

are you implying (((hollywood))) survives on the sale of overpriced raisinets and skittles?

So Trayvon Martin was keeping the system alive? Does that make George Zimmerman an anarchist?

it can be nice if your date isn't a mouthbreathing bimbo so you have something to talk about after

but most movies are total garbage and not worth talking about so

He's more of a hero than I thought.

Because people clap, cheer and talk through movies like a bunch of barn animals.

I don't drink.