Was it really that bad?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k_AyMkoyiFM
youtube.com/watch?v=XONxVct-xXw
youtube.com/watch?v=s_HuFuKiq8U
jaysanalysis.com/2015/08/11/the-hidden-meaning-of-true-detective-season-2/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No fucking proper villians, but interesting protagonists

It really wasn't. It became cool to hate on it for a while, and now we're paying the price since it's gone forever. Thanks for nothing faggots.

what movie/tv show?

youtube.com/watch?v=k_AyMkoyiFM
youtube.com/watch?v=XONxVct-xXw

True operator-kino

yes

it was okay. nothing more and nothing less

Yes.

It was pretty good, had moments where it matched the greatness of S1.

not that bad on its own, but compared to the first season it was

It was ok but everybody knew going in that it wasn't going to surpass season 1.

you know it's bad when the bitch from mean girls gives the best acting performance on your show

Dat white girl got a booty

It had a lot of missteps, but in the end it wasn't that bad and ultimately better than most other copshit

It was mediocre.

Some nice moments littered throughout though.

Initially slow and somewhat confusing. Little of the subtle paranormal dread that floated around in season 1/2. No detestable antagonist. I loved Frank. The first two had failings as well. I think if he wrote a 5th season it would be excellent.

People say it's terrible. Other people say it is patrician. But you know, Ray, I just love it because it's a plebfilter.
It is Kino, and Casper knew this.

Fucking terrible piece of messed up slop if that fucking retard pizza hadn't fucked his relationship with le based jap man the show could've been excellent on par with S1 but instead we got literally One liners, the show.
At least American Crime was better and had almost no flaws unlike this tripe

I was a big defender of S2 but I couldn't defend it anymore after the finale. Ray literally pulls the killer out of his ass, that was bullshit.

This is the most crucial flaw. The bad guys are just corrupt bureaucrats having sex parties with CONSENSUAL women. It was a pretty big letdown when the speculation was: they were kidnapping young women then using plastic surgery to make them beautiful yet unrecognizable for their Eyes-Wide-Shut-esque sex parties. But no it was just old farts in some house with a bunch of sluts in dresses. There was corrupt cops too, but that was at the ass end of the series and wasn't really explored. These are bad guys, but they're not bad enough to make an audience give a shit or recoil in horror like the child-murdering cult in the first season.

Also we had no emotional investment in the case either. Someone showed up dead and it was consequential to Vince Vaughn's character alone. Compare that to the first were we know there's a murderer, who preys on women and children and executes them in horrific and occult ritual fashion, on the loose.

Yes... Was terrible

It brought me back to Cred Forums after I left it in 2011, so yes.

better than S1.

American crime was shite compared to season 2. Stop being a fag.

It wasn't bad but it was worse in every way to the first.

The villains weren't shit and we didn't know who they fucking were for half the season.
The "wrong" crimes committed wasn't egregious enough for anyone to care.
Only Frank was in any trouble until the last 3 episodes where the rest of the characters were compromised. The was absolutely no tension until like the 5 episode.
The shoot-out in the third episode that was supposed to mirror the first season's third episode, absolutely paled in comparison to this masterpiece of a scene youtube.com/watch?v=s_HuFuKiq8U
There was no supernatural tone, occult imagery and motifs that made the first season so unique.
The setting was generic urban shithole, not backwoods Louisiana which was also a unique choice that offered it's own aesthetics.
Cary Fukunaga didn't direct.
Overall, nothing was memorable and we had minimal emotional investment and payoff
There was also no resolution.

How is this still a thing. Man, Cred Forums is a shit board.

Yeah.

Its not that bad but it's still needed more episodes to make it better.

I felt like I watching a rush crappy job of a good show.

I was watching this episode late at night. Fuck me

jaysanalysis.com/2015/08/11/the-hidden-meaning-of-true-detective-season-2/

Did they ever manage to properly wrap up the theme of sex in this season?

I enjoyed how Mean Girl was a commentary on shitty stronk wymmn characters but that's about it.

the new tv series Image

Image must be a really popular show since there are threads everywhere on it.

THE AUDIENCE IS LOST
THE CONTRACT IS SIGNED
I WAS NOT LOVED
I CROSSED THE LINE

I wouldn't say it was bad but it was terrible compared to season 1.

It is very hard to follow up one of the greatest seasons of any show ever, so I don't really bash s2 but I wouldn't rewatch it or recommend it

yes. yes it was

way back there was some user who went into a really fleshed out rant that the whole of season 2 was a Greek tragedy
shit was great

BUT NEVERMIND

First 5 episodes were bomb.

you just KNOW

Yes. I don't know what delusions these people are on saying its a good season but that's a load of shit

Should have just been about Ray

>Ray Velcoro
>Ray from In Bruges
>both same actor

I want more Ray/Colin Farrell. He's so based.