Why did Lucas have Anakin kill a bunch of children? For what purpose?

Why did Lucas have Anakin kill a bunch of children? For what purpose?

>when someone mentions episode 2 is good

Slay the child, let the sith be born.

They weren't children they were younglings

OP not watching the movie confirmed

somebody is watching TNT...

Jedi's fault for starting their training at such a young age

To wipe out the Jedi you have to wipe out the padawans.

They needed to get rid of all the Jedi but Obi-wan and Yoda, because the only Jedi that exist in the post-quels are Obi-wan and Yoda.

It introduced the character of masta skywonka

wasn't this the first time anyone had called Anakin master?

Because he knew it would make for a great video game

does that mean the kid's name was evil?

The Empire can't be cuckolded. Must clear out the nest from another father.

To show he was EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLL

>children

Wrong. Those beings are fully-grown. Younglings are an alien species found in the Star Wars® which bear a striking resemblance to human children.

t. Lucasfilm ratings evasion division

How do you think he did it? Force speed to stab them all quickly, force choke a bunch, swing wildly, or other?

You would be right

>high ground part just happened

To show that Anakin is a bad guy now.

What is he supposed to have him say, "I'm a bad guy now?"

Show, not tell, OP.

>*blocks your path*
>*unsheathes lightsaber*

Nothing personal, kids.

I'm pretty sure he made a sport of it. Like, dude knows he's going complete evil right? So he figured he might as well go to town and use the force in all the extravagant ways Obi Wan never allowed him to.

I'm talking flinging a kid up in the air to slice his head off and then kicking a fieldgoal with the disembodied head. Force pushing a kid so hard through the window he helicopters out with his limbs flying everywhere. Shit like that.

Because Lucas is a bad writer. He put tons of little nuggets of implications within the prequels that the Jedi had become corrupted and overly bureaucratic, and that change was needed for true freedom and peace to be attained. What George needed to do was have Anakin slowly fall to the dark side after becoming disillusioned with how the Jedi don't actually let the citizens of the Republic govern themselves. It would have been preferable to subtly show that the Jedi were immorally using their Force powers to subjugate lesser lifeforms (for their own good and protection of course, basically a nanny state with metaphysics on it's side). Instead, George had Anakin get seduced by an obviously evil and power-hungry old man who promises him control over death, and within the span of a day Anakin becomes a child-murdering cartoon villain. The prequels are my go-to example of a good story being ruined by horrible execution.

>HEY KIDS wanna help me save my wife?!
>YEAH!!!
swing batta batta