Literally what the fuck: the movie. Seriously, is this too kino for me?

Literally what the fuck: the movie. Seriously, is this too kino for me?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VrYCAHIccc8
youtube.com/watch?v=bSltgqxqE6w
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

POP popcorn POP popcorn POP popcorn.
"What the FUCK?!" pretty much summed up the movie for me. I enjoyed it though.

Best film of 2016

that isn't saying much

its classic

It's not too mindfucky if you look at it as an examination of human behavior

More specifically how weird human behavior is.

Just finished watching it about half an hour ago

It alright

Is this good?
I want to watch Mad Max again but if this is good as people are saying i'll watch this instead

Yes, watch it. But try going into it with absolutely no expectations.

just watch it
pure kino

>tfw too intelligent to laugh at fart jokes

so Cred Forums was he real?

Yes. Everything that happened in the film happened for real.

It can also been seen as an elaborate allegory for Hank learning to rely on himself and accepting and loving himself.

>thinking you're gonna see cast away again but with a dead body instead of a volley ball
>3 minutes in protagonist starts singing and rides the dead body as a jet ski or something, with thrust from its farts
hmm. I'd buy that for a dollar

the ending disproves this

the best film in the last decade for sure

so fresh and nice

10/10

The ending is also part of the allegory. Manny is the part of Hank that drives him to accept himself and he "dies" when Hank refuses to do so in backyard. Once Hank finally accepts himself Manny comes back alive and leaves with a smile now that Hank no longer needs him. The movie can be seen as both literal and allegorical separately or together and both interpretations add something different and are both valid.

okay buddy

muh magical realism

Holy Shit he has NOT aged well.
Why doesn't he just take his millions and retire with his twink boyfriends?

It was a really enjoyable film, I liked it and it's not just ''farts lol'' like I thought it would be based on the early reviews from festivals and the fact that people walked off from the movie

>tfw MEW will never be your gf ever

Just finished it and thought it was great

It's all the boozing.

Film name?

seriously, he's 27, looks 35

The opening is a literal pleb filter

I love the movie solely for that.

Swiss Army Man

Anymore movies that are like this? Really enjoyed the odds and quirks in the movie, really set it unique from what you normally get out of hollywood.

Hipster: The Movie

so did he just imagine he was in a huge forest cause at the end they walked through everything and got to the shore in one minute

yeah I was wonder this too, and was he ever even stranded on an island? did he just steal a row boat to run away and end up stranded on an island just a couple miles off coast and then find a dead body to get back to shore?

or did he just go full fucking psychosis in the woods behind his crush's house and find manny washed up on the shore there?

You'll never be MEW's boyfriend: The Movie

I wanted to fucking punch that Nu-male everytime he go triggered by the word retard.

6/10.

He didn't get triggered it's just a mean word that was directed towards him as a kid.

What's so wtf about it? What didn't you understand?

Well at 16:15~ he sings hes fucking crazy

Well the kid ran from her backyard to the beach so yeah the whole move was in like a quarter mile that the majority of the film was in guy was fucking in dreamland

"what the fuck"

i clapped like the murican i am

I really enjoyed the film. It was a little boring here and there but I could forgive that because over all the film was so triumphant. I was smiling for hours after a watched it. I'm even smiling now thinking about it.

What? He is made up to look like corpse. I think he looks fine IRL. No wrinkles. Not everyone thinks a creepy ass baby face at 30 is where it's at.

Castaway on the Moon

This really did have a lot of similarities to Castaway on the Moon. It even does the same thing where a guy repurposes a bunch of trash and finds a way to live in the wilderness near civilization.

Oh yeah

I think that's just a survival situation trope instead of an influence.

>word that was directed towards him as a kid
That's EXACTLY what a trigger is.

Sure, but in SAM and COTM they both use the trash for artistic or unique reasons, while in Cast Away he just uses it to survive.

Why does that actor play the most insufferable characters, he was so fucking annoying i wanted to punch the cunt.

Daniel was the only likeable character.

Gayest soundtrack I've ever heard.

Just finished watching this movie high as hell

I liked it

Everything is better high, so that's not really saying anything about the movie.

It was a good movie, but I couldn't enjoy it. I don't know how to describe it exactly, but it felt too post-ironic for me. I couldn't help but think it was some kind of inside joke, like the filmmakers just said
>Hey wouldn't it be funny if someone made a movie about a guy who rides a farting corpse like a boat, but it's actually heartfelt and emotionally engaging!
But while it was well written, well acted, well shot and overall well executed, I couldn't get invested in it because it seemed too transparent to me.

I get this feeling too
DADADADADADADADADADADADADADAAAAHLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH LAAAAAAAAAH LAH LAAAAAAAAAAAAH LAAAAAAAAAH

according to an interview, the writers/directors had said they hated toilet-humour and acapella so they decided to make the best possible movie centered around it.

>DURR WE HATE FARTS AND ACAPELLA
>I KNOW LETS MAKE A MOVIE WITH IT HAHAHA SO IRONIC

It was all a psychotic hallucination and all takes place in his mind. He actually died in the beginning and it was all a hallucination. Yeah, those both work.

I'm thinking that we take it completely literally though. That every thing we see actually happens the way it happens. That Manny is actually some fantastical entity summoned up by Hank's complete mental break to help him cope and grow in a way that was always impossible for him to do on his own. The garbage he sends floating out begging for help isn't actually because he's stranded, it's because he's sunk so far into psychosis that he's gotten to the point where he's not just stalking a girl he saw on the bus, but that he created an entire relationship in his mind and is now hiding out behind her home on a nearby beach. He knows he's gone crazy, that's why he finally decided to kill himself, when he realized his own hopelessness.

So a miracle happens. The exact thing he needs shows up, something he can essentially speak and grow through. Something that can't criticize or judge him. Someone that no matter how awkward, or weird, or creepy, or psychotic he is will still accept him and help him survive. His miracle came in the form of a bloated farting corpse.

It's really not that odd of a concept when you think about it, it's actually a pretty old cinema trope. When viewed this way it's more similar to movies like "It's a Wonderful Life", where some benevolent being shows up to show a despairing individual that there's more to life. It also explains how Manny leaves, his job was finally done, Hank didn't need him anymore...so he farted himself off into the sunset to help the next depraved soul in some other form. Kind of a sweet movie when you put it that way, I prefer it over it all being a death dream or that a psychotic hallucinating man played with a corpse for days.

Dude weed lamo

This.

Movies like this are best enjoyed sober with an open mind

Very insightful point, I never considered it that way.

I guess so, user.
I guess so.

>DUDE IT WAS ALL A DREAM LMAO
kill yourself

copy pasta from imdb

but not intelligent enough to figure out that they are much more than your regular fart jokes

turned it off after the second fart gag.

DADADADADADADADADADADADADADAAAAHLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH LAAAAAAAAAH LAH LAAAAAAAAAAAAH LAAAAAAAAAH

youtube.com/watch?v=VrYCAHIccc8

There were no fart jokes, there was just farting.

>Laura... Dern
That's a joke

unironically defending fart gags.

r u fkn srs m8

Can you read? I said there are none.

you're probably trolling me. but i'll bite.

giving chest compressions to a corpse, then stupidly loud fart noises as he moves his head closer and closer to the ass.

what would you call that.

A fart. Where's the joke? A fart isn't a joke, especially not when it's a key plot point established 5 minutes into the movie.
You think you were supposed to guffaw and slap your knee every time you heard a fart in the movie?

im sure thats exactly what they expected me to do.

instead i just turned it off because its pure cringe.

dont even pretend like it wasn't gags, it was nearly fucking constant. and they fucking wanted it to be like that, they even show him finding the cork. i mean fucks sake.

Can you read? He didn't say that there were no farts...he says that farts are not a joke. It's masked as a joke but it turns out to be a metaphor, which was pretty obvious by the end of the movie (apparently not to everyone)

go back to capeshit

fart jokes are intellectual humour now boys. you read it here first.

i bet you loved the last season of GoT

>you dont think fart jokes are funny
>you must love capeshit

do you actually have two functioning brain cells to rub together?

oh i am laffin

>im sure thats exactly what they expected me to do.
Then you are an idiot. It's not funny, it's not trying to be funny. If there's any humour in the scene it's Paul Dano's disappointed reaction.
The actual jokes are funny, but you have severe autism so you think every silly bum sound is supposed to be an epic punchline.

Farts are the OG joke
youtube.com/watch?v=bSltgqxqE6w

the intro scene couldnt help but remind me of Shitaro Kago's Drafting a Water Goddess
i was disappointed with swiss army man.

yes

I loved it but somebody needs to explain to me what really happened.

I think it's the same as American Psycho.

It mostly all happened but the truth will never come out because it's a confusing mess of shallow relationships full of misinterpretation which goes uncorrected?

This was the first movie with Dano I've seen in which I didn't wanted to punch him in the face.

You may have problems with reading comprehension.

It really isn't though because of the ending. You can still interpret it in different ways but it's much easier to see everything that happened as reality because of that last reaction.