I haven't seen anybody talk about this

I haven't seen anybody talk about this.
Just got back from it. Thought it was solid as hell.
Chris Pines really surprised me with his performance. Didn't know he had that in him.

Anybody else see this yet? What'd you think?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=djmNHow1od4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

waiting for a good copy online

I've heard great things

Comfy as hell tbqh

im from west texas. Dont know what highway they took to get to Oklahoma and im pretty sure ive drivin every possible way to get there. and Pine is way too good looking for West Texas. Everything else was spot on

>i love you toby
i was surprised to find myself quite emotional at that scene as the rest of the movie didn't really connect with me. still it was worth the price of admission, the whole climax was fantastic.

>the scene of him and his brother just hanging out, drinking beer, and joking around with each other

youtube.com/watch?v=djmNHow1od4

it was pretty good

I think they tried to ugly him up a bit but it only made him more handsome tbqh

jeff bridges racist dialogue felt a little forced to me but he plays a good texan

I saw this very shortly after it came out with my dad. I thought he would like it because he still likes to watch modern westerns above most things even though he's in his 60s and has seen a shit ton of movies. The best part about it was going to the theater with my dad, for me.
I thought it was just ok. Nothing special. Too many attempts at humor in the script for my taste. But Bridges still did great especially in the finale, and I was impressed with Pine as well. Muh dad thought it was good.

It hasn't been leaked online yet. Cred Forums doesn't actually go to the movies.

Honestly it was kind of nice to see a "good" character be a little racist again in a movie. Added to the realism imo.
And the line about how he would miss his teasing really drove home that he didn't even care about being racist, he was just trying to get under his skin. I thought that was nice.

makes me wish I had a brother.

ending could have packed more of a punch, but it was pretty down-tempo throughout, so not a big deal. the beginning was much stronger, the opening shot, nick cave music, fucking awesome.

Ive met that same guy alot down here in texas.

he looks like pitt imo

My favorite movie of the year so far

My uncle is a detective in ft worth and is pretty much exactly like bridges in this film. Idk how he gets away with it since ur mostly dealing with nigs in Como which looks like the wire

I loved it. My fav film this year. Tanner was such a badass

this and hacksaw ridge are the only new movies i want to see at the moment

Excellent movie, with great casting down to the smallest parts (Dale Dickey as the bank teller in the opening, the old lady waitress at the restaurant).

Bridges was awesome as always, and it's the best I've seen Chris Pine.

Movies all in all solid. Tension at the traffic stop where toby was wounded was great

>debating Mr. Pibb vs. Dr. Pepper

Absolutely the best film of the year. Really need more modern westerns like this and less dumb shit like the magnificent seven. Chemistry between the brothers was too natural and Brigdes character was great. Really enjoyed the ending as well

Lord of the plains

Inauthentic high-drama.

mr pibb is the superior soda

One of my favorite films of the year so far and my friend and I were the only ones in the theater. It was a bit depressing that no one else was there to see this excellent film but it was cool watching it in an empty theater so we could comment to each other when the cinematography was great or how fantastic the music was.

I have never been a fan of Pine but goddamn, he killed it here.

I agree about the accuracy but I've driven all over west texas repeatedly and got a little triggered towards the end when they take a long, looping road into a canyon that I can guarantee does not exist within a 100-mile radius of where they were (probably cause they were actually filming it in New Mexico). Other than that minor thing I felt like they totally nailed the sense of place. Absolutely one of the best movies I've seen this year.

Nick Cave AND Warren Ellis don't be a pleb