“I have sibling rivalry with Orson Welles … I don’t think he’s that good. All right...

>“I have sibling rivalry with Orson Welles … I don’t think he’s that good. All right? I have sibling rivalry with him and Stanley Kubrick.”

>At this point in the interview, Smith asked Tarantino if he was serious or if he was joking.
>“I am being funny … I do admire them. But I also think I do have sibling rivalry with them.

>They’re not all that. All right?”

What did he mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_-8tAoCr7rA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

He's right

>They’re not all that. All right?”
Neither are you, Quentin.

>terminal ignorance and contrarianism

Cred Forums as fuck

they're not all that all right but cucktin is even less all that than them

Hello Quentin

He meant 'don't raise the bridge, lower the river'.

There's an image that gets posted on /lit/ where Charles Bukowski's picture is surrounded by pictures of other writers with quotes from Bukowski saying what he thought of them. It might be interesting to do the same with Quentin Tarantino.

Name me one memorable Quentin film that can rival any of their works.

hardmore: no feet related film

youtube.com/watch?v=_-8tAoCr7rA

>Sibling rivalry
>sibling
Hwat?

post the pic

i'd take any tarantino flick over the magnificent ambersons or lolita

I don't like his movies, and I don't really see why people enjoy them so much. Can anyone explain why so many people like them? I'm completely serious.

He's like the anoying little brother who has to wear his older brothers' clothes, do the same thing they did before and gets compared to them, etc.

It's an easy methaphor to understand if you're not autismal.

I ain't got it no mo'

people think they're seen as intellectuals for liking his flicks

>if you're not autismal

dammit

But how do his films resemble any of those guys'? They don't. Nobody takes QT seriously, he's a nineties relic. It's like Fred Durst saying he has sibling rivalry with Andy Williams, it's just this tiresome aging waster saying something that doesn't even make sense.

I understand why Tarantino's movies fooled adolescent males in the nineties. I cannot see how Tarantino's movies fool adolescent males now.

Let me take a guess: you're an only child?

What you wrote is the literal definition of a younger sibling.

I know it's fun to attack cucktino but seriously all directors have giant egos. It's seriously apart of the job.

Directors have to call the shots and act in charge at virtually all times, that's why Co-Directors are a total rarity and usually only occur when the directors are joined at the hip like the Coen Brothers or Wachowski Sisters.