Hail, Ceasar!

How did Josh Brolin know Channing Tatum was Tild Swinton's source?

Why the fuck was Channing Tatum a communist?

This movie was garbage. And boring. Boring garbage. Fuck talking about it.

This was one of the best films I've seen all year.
>How did Josh Brolin know Channing Tatum was Tild Swinton's source?
Pretty sure he explains in the film.
>Why the fuck was Channing Tatum a communist?
Why the fuck would you need an explanation for that.

Agreed, I didn't really see any plot holes (and if I missed them, then who cares?)

People moaned about The Neon Demon and this being bad, but both of those films exceeded my expectations. I just trust in the director's name.

Mannix literally says it near the end that Burt was Laurentz's boytoy. He talked to Laurentz and figured it out.

Because the other guys in the room & boat were all screenwriters that got fucked by the system. That was their motivation.

Channing Tatum didn't have any motivation or indication he'd be the lead communist.

Burt was Laurentz's homosexual loser?

>Channing Tatum didn't have any motivation or indication he'd be the lead communist.
He was gay.

I feel like I should give this movie another chance since I saw it around 10 pm at the theater and kept falling asleep, I remember liking certain things like the cowboy character.

Also why is Jonah Hill on the poster instead of said character? He's only in the movie for a minute.

Would that it were so simple.

>fucked by the system

They were hardly struggling working class. In fact that whole trashy looking u-boat scene could be interpreted that they were living in their own little movie world.

Underrated post

Cause they want to sell tickets....

Also, if you haven't seen Barton Fink, it's much harder to appreciate this movie

Tatum was a literal faggot. Most fags are pretty left-wing.

kek

Would that itwur so simple.

its...complicated

He's a bigger name than Alden Ehrenreich so he gets to be on the poster, despite Alden basically being a main character
But yeah it's good, I'm not sure if people just didn't give it a chance but I feel like it came and went with absolutely no fanfare whatsoever

It's complicated

It's easily in the bottom tier Coens

I can't understand how they followed up two of their most atypical and powerful films with this half-funny, aimless mess.

...trippingly

A couple of funny moments, and visually gorgeous as ever, but it was definitely a low tier Coens.

It was 90% DUDE CLASSIC HOLLYWOOD LMAO. Imagine if one of the leads in a Busby Berkeley type movie cursed and smoked and was played by scarjo XD etc.
The parodies fell very flat. Same with the Hedda Hopper and Louella Parsons "parody".

but dude Ralph Fiennes is George Cukor isn't that a deep and obscure reference?

Way too many old hollywood nerds acted as apologists for this just because it pandered to them

This.

It was addressed with the jigsaw puzzle scene, which is essentially what the ending scene is about when Brolin is slapping clooney.

Which is a direct reference to Barton Fink.

Low tier Coens is still above 90% of the stuff coming out these days.

It was a light, fun movie with a great cast and a couple of great scenes.

>this smaller piece of dirt is better than a piece of shit

Not a great reason to praise a movie. I feel like that only has merit if you actually see all the shit that comes out these days and it's good by comparison.

Dude, would that it were LMAO

jej

>they didn't get it

It's just not what young people want. It's a wholesome, clever loveletter to classic hollywood, something there is no audience for right now. You really think any of those capekinder out there wanna watch some Hollywood shenanigans set in the 1950s? It really di come and go with no fanfare whatsoever but at least it got into cinemas, that's pretty good..

>aimless
Now, the rest of what you posted were opinions but aimless this film is not, it all builds to Clooney's crucifixion monologue and his flub in the end.

I usually love the Coen Brahs, but you're right. I couldn't finish this. I tried twice and finallu decided the redbox fees outweighed the ending which I doubt could have saved the film from utter dullness.

fuck, I laughed.

>Now, the rest of what you posted were opinions but aimless this film is not, it all builds to Clooney's crucifixion monologue and his flub in the end.
There were just too many painful vignettes for me. The gossip columnist, the editor, the Jonah Hill thing. If it went somewhere it was not worth the trip