How deep are you?

How deep are you?

Where's Lange?

level 3

Thanks.

Kaufman.

Level 3 and I don't see myself getting any deeper desu

I've seen stuff by warhol, but only because of edie sedgwick. otherwise, level 4.

Where's Wiseau?

>level infinity is still entry level baby shit
nice list fagit
Brakage how Avant garde LMAO

lvl 4

but if something I'm actually ascending desu

Level -1

In his case, he went a step backwards

not op but yeah ive watched some of the stuff in level 6 (brakhage, sharits, snow) but i still feel super pleb

>no tarkovsky

PLEEEEEEEEEEBBBBBBBBBBBB

Look again ya dip

he's right in the middle of lvl 4 m8

he's there you google

This is an obvious troll pic, but most of the best directors are around level 3/4

>Brakhage and Snow that low
Funniest thing about this chart

lol who are those people?

He's at the bottom in another version.

I switch around between 4 and 5 (to me it seems like the more standard narrative filmmakers from level 5 such as Rivette are mainly inaccessible because of their pacing, and personally that type of pacing is something I have to be in the mood for) although I like films and directors from all levels. Generally, I don't really care for the infinity level filmmakers. I do like Tscherkassky, but I can't seem to find him on this chart. I think another version of the chart does feature him somewhere between 5 and infinity.

Thanks (^;

Don't know, don't care.
I don't take pride in media consumption.

I would like to see you try and argue that Brakhage is actually an accessible director kek

the fuck off back to plebbit

Level 3, friend.

He's babby's first experimental filmmaker, user.
Do you live under an IMDb rock?

being well-known =/= being accessible

again, I would like to see you try and argue how his movies are anything but inaccessible as fuck

>implying that movies like Wavelength and Dog Star Man (the most widely known films from each of those two directors) can be readily and easily understood/appreciated by your average person off the street
You NEED to leave your room and see the outside world :^)

>Michael Snow
tHis is the guy who made the film that is just 40 minutes of one shot, with like a slow zoom and some colors changing right
I remember watching this on youtube years ago and I had no idea it was an acclaimed art film, I thought some random youtuber had made it because there was no description

I can enjoy several of the level 4 directors, but I mostly watch the level 2-3 directors

>being well-known =/= being accessible
>implying this chart isn't operating on that
Why else would they have someone who directed commercial Malayalam films right at the bottom?

>implying the pleb on the street can readily understand even level 3 directors like Malick or Benning
Not an argument

/lit/ here

reminder that film is a pleb medium

Hover between 4 and 5 mostly

Cred Forums here

reminder that literature is a pleb medium

enjoy your narrative you intellectual embryo

Cred Forums here

reminder suck dick cucked faggitt lel

/reddit/ here

reminder that you sir are le gentlmenan and scholar

level 4.

shut the fuck up, embryo

>no zulawski
>korine
Fuck off faggots

We need to go deeper for me. I've seen some shit, you plebs.

is there an official chart by you afroamerikan plebians? post it, i want to laugh

reddit has lots of "official" charts, you should try it

>levels
>Kurosawa, , Kubrick, Lynch, Villenueve, Welles the list goes on!

The hallmarks of the tasteless and the uninitiated. It's okay if you're just getting into the medium, but there are some (even here, on a so called ''film'' board) that actually believe they are cultured or have a snippet of taste because they like these directors, when in actuality they are nothing more than embarrassing cringeworthy copy/paste babbies with no opinion on the medium they claim to love whatsoever.

For a cinephile like myself, it is truly disgusting to watch, and the main reason I, and many others, steer far away from this pit of despair and depravity.

River of Fundament was pretty deep.

you don't measure yourself? untermensch

Where is Luis Buñuel you fucking fag?

>matthew barney
ugh

blind retard

Level 4
Last year I into WKW and Kalatozov (Kalazatov on the image) and this year I've been into Malle, Rohmer, and Tsai Ming-liang. Been finishing off Bresson's filmography and I believe he should be lower than level 3. I'm tempted to tackle Rivette next because I enjoyed marathoning The Human Condition and I'm just about ready for another long movies.

There are plenty of great directors between 3 and 5.

Cred Forums pls stay

One hit wonder and overrated hack.

Where is Marguerite Duras?

fuck off vegan scum

>implying Barney's Destricted segment wasn't pure kino

>Snyder
>Above Whedon

Accurate. Also fuck off back to

Weirdest films I've seen are The Holy Mountain, Holy Motors, Gummo and the first 10 minutes of Begotten. What level am I?

putting refn well below kubrick
Cred Forums thinks its clever

>Ken Russell
>level 5
talented director but his films weren't exactly cerebral

>van-parasall brothers
one of my favorites

Which Scott is that? Or maybe you don't care because it's only level 1.

Just remembered, I've also seen Faust (1994).

>van-parasall brothers
who?

As far as names that I recognize, I've seen films as far down as level 4. Merhige specifically. But otherwise I watch and enjoy stuff from directors in all of the levels above that. Not really sure where I'd fall honestly.

No Maya Deren? Am I 2deep4this list?

>knowing the names of directors

What is this shit, use the movie title instead of directors. Nobody knows who any of those people are.

>babby's first surrealist
youre a fucking embryo fag

Who's your favorite surrealist?

surrealism is for the uneducated, most often like among a teenage crowd

Lloyd kaufman

I dunno who the fuck apatow is but tarkovsky is the deepest I've got.

i didn't spot Argento, what level is he?

dude testicles lmao

I love smoothhands

what post gave it away

One of these

3/4
you also missed one :^) but you can find it

I'm level 2 going into level 3, but since i'm trying to get into the business I'll go deeper

This is why contemporary cinema is shit

implying?

>Brakhage
What, exactly, is so deep about random images? Brakhage is the epitome of pretentious.