youtube.com/watch?v=kfguSwWeXOw
youtu.be/rlc_3cOaHaY
youtube.com/watch?v=qq1V8m-jN0w
youtube.com/watch?v=8fNkVBDjtGU
youtube.com/watch?v=TJwBIbKGvjA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Hoo hoo

youtube.com/watch?v=rvv0_tEfN5Q

I was wondering earlier if sour shoes or tippy tom is more genius and my mind sputtered out

his show got me through college when i was a friendless loser commuting

used to listen to the show non-stop on jewtube every night and all of the archives

idk what i would have done without the entertainment

this was before i found rebbit and Cred Forums

the show sucks now and has sucked since 2012. i don't listen anymore but in its heyday it was fuckin hilarious.

my favorite segment/saga from the show was gary's love tape.

youtube.com/watch?v=e-CiYLumqFk

MA KINE!

youtube.com/watch?v=kfguSwWeXOw

youtu.be/rlc_3cOaHaY

Absolute kino

I listened to that when it aired from my college dorm room. (as in: old enough to know what was happening unlike 75% of this 20 something site)(

Stern not only had great "on the ground" coverage from all of his NYC connections but the entire broadcast captured the mood of the nation. Anger, fear, confusion, sadness.

I'm surprised he didnt get a pulitizer for that shit.

who?

Where were you when KC died

Billy west era > Jackie era > Artie era > current era

Prove me wrong

I was never the biggest fan of his show. I think Private Parts is an underrated biopic though. It managed to not be a heroes journey, paint him in a bad light and still make him sympathetic and be humorous all at the same time. It managed to escape a lot of the pitfalls of dramatic biographies that do the same shit over and over.

Not taking himself seriously despite having genuine accomplishments, certainly helped.

>Alison, I did it all for Alison!
Howard is a shill and this movie is just a bunch of nonsense. He's not a hero of radio, he's not the first shock jock, and his story really isn't that interesting.

Howard Stern was good in the 90s, but that doesn't mean we need a movie based on his backstory. It's fucking dumb.

If you had lived in ny during the 90s where stern-mania was at it's peak you wouldn't be saying that

has there ever been another biopic where the the actual person played the person the biopic was about? Private Parts is the only one i can think of.

What makes him so popular?

Everything I've seen of him makes him look like a creep pervert.

I feel like all I need to do to decide whether or not a movie is garbage is watch it, not live in some city during some specific time period.

it's called understanding context, you little faggot. not op

Go fuck yourself

I understand the context. Howard Stern was a funny guy. Now you see his true colors today and just how shitty of a person he is.

I still think the movie sucks, and it's so phony like the way it treats Imus as some sort of stuck up corporate shill, or how it treats Howard as some visionary, when he's not even close to being the first shock jock.

baba booey xDDDD

>and it's so phony like the way it treats Imus as some sort of stuck up corporate shill,

That's almost reality though in fact I'd say it gives Imus too much credit as being a shill implies he had a soul and brains to sell in the first place. In reality he was just a dumb hick who looked out and fucked out.

u just want to suck imus

the show was great for so long the artie years where my favorite. i feel howard has turned into his parents over time and the show reflects this. he is like an old man set in his ways with his routine. the show used to be a lot more edgy and push the boundries. now howard just plays it save in his old age, until he fadeds into obscurity surounded by beth the gold digger and her 30 cats.

I remember when I first saw this I got a boner as a kid. I thought the building over him was hot

Actually a pretty good movie

(((money))) and (((connections)))

He was a humble dishwasher

Sour Shoes 100%

Hoo-hoo I invented movies, Robin.

Is it even possible to be edgy in this day and age anymore? I feel like all the big boundaries have been broken.

part of sterns charm was his ability to dance around the FCC.

>I feel like all the big boundaries have been broken.

and yet I'm told everyday on this board we're one step away from PC fascism. The next boundary is walking around with your dongus in hand.

They would have if it wasn't Howard Stern.

youtube.com/watch?v=qq1V8m-jN0w

Artie kino

>what is context
>first shock jock
No one said he was. He was just the first one to change the entire industry. The Stern show is the longest running most successful reality show.

he was chosen

go to sleep hanzi

>as in: old enough to know what was happening unlike 75% of this 20 something site

you don't have to be this much of a faggot

youtube.com/watch?v=8fNkVBDjtGU

holy shit, this is 20 years ago. i know math. BASED STERN

youtube.com/watch?v=TJwBIbKGvjA

I listened to him from 2008 to 2012 or so. Quit listening after Artie left and it started getting stale. I also listened to the archives dating back to 1998. 'Twas a magical time.

muhammad ali

Kike rat he is.

That film's great.
Stern's funny as fuck, Giamatti is in full-on scenery-chewing brilliance-mode, buncha fapbait scenes, great soundtrack.
Awesome flick.
t. Eurocuck who has never listened to one of his broadcasts

just listened to this in its entirety for the first time
very surreal