Movies you loved that everyone else hated

Movies you loved that everyone else hated

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1DxfUDZFtKQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I don't think everyone hated it. It's actually got kind of a following.

Yeah, a lot of people like it. The reason some have the impression of it being hated is because it came out the week after Jurassic Park, which bulldozed every movie in front of it for weeks.

It really should have been a straight Jack Slater movie complete with all the 80's action cliches.

Let the audience be the annoying kid pointing out all the cliches.

RUBBER BABY BUGGY BUMPERS

but seriously who hated this Arnoldkino?

>It really should have been a straight Jack Slater movie complete with all the 80's action cliches.
>Let the audience be the annoying kid pointing out all the cliches.

So... you're saying it should have been every other Arnold Swartzeneger movie ever made?

i don't get the 'last' part of the title.

The trouble is that Arnold's schtick was already being tongue-in-cheek. Being a parody of himself was redundant (and he wasn't actually a parody of himself, he was a parody of Martin Riggs)

There's no logic to it, it just sounds better.

Deeply flawed movie where the two leads didn't seem to gel, but I really enjoyed it anyway.

It has a cult following that appreciates it for the sentimental action comedy parody it tried to be, even if critics and general audiences didn't.

It was fun. Just Luc Besson making a knowingly ludicrous action flick, not exactly one of his best films but entertaining.

Thing is, when you read reviews for the movie, it seems that EVEN with the kid pointing all the cliches and shit, people still dont get it.

Remake with the Rock and Daddario as his daughter when?

Lucy
Resident Evil
Coldblooded
The number 23

>Arnold Schwarzenegger as Hamlet
>To be... Or not to be?
>Not to be.
>Cue murdering the entire castle with.

WTF I love Shakespeare now.

It predicted the fall of cheesy 80s/90s Action movie stars.

agree

I rewatched it last month. It's legit great despite a flat final act.

I really don't get the hate, so many turds out there with better reception.

really you could only enjoy this movie if you were only using 10% of your brain

Suckerpunch

spanishfag here

this is the pinnacle of Arnoldkino

It's pretty much perfect, the way the kid critics all the accepted cliches like "how can a cop afford that" and such was awesome.

ERBA LMAO

FOOKIN PRAWNS

all the liberal hollywood asshats loved the fuck out of that movie.

"its wrong hating on intruding immigrants even if they are disgusting, violent criminals"

only in south africa could they make this.

wut? this film was wall to wall on Cred Forums in 2009

There were Wikus husbando threads, and people thinking Sharlto would be a movie star

I really do want to like this movie. I need to watch it again.

That movie is pretty well liked, unlike Chappie, which I love, but seems that everyone here on Cred Forums hated, and no one else saw.

It also satirizes the writer's previous work.

It's much more on the average side than the bad one but Bob Hoskins ;_; and Dennis Hopper ;_; really make it an enjoyable and fun ride.

and made space for more cheesier actionstars: The Rock and Vin Diesel

Stratham is great tho

It seems to have gained more interest in the last couple of years for some reason, my guess would be because young'uns are suddenly aware of who Charles Dance is. It's always been my favorite Arnie movie, he's at his physical peak in it and is basically taking the piss out of his own career, and the references and whole movie-in-a-movie concept was neat for its time, which I think went over a lot of people's heads and contributed to its failure. The biggest factor was probably the marketing though, since it isn't really a kid's movie.

Plus it has the greatest Arnie line in the first fucking five minutes:

youtube.com/watch?v=1DxfUDZFtKQ

I always tought it's the parody of them

>Plus it has the greatest Arnie line in the first fucking five minutes:
>youtube.com/watch?v=1DxfUDZFtKQ
I did not remember that line at all.

Easily one of my top 3 comidies of all time

In my experience it's more so that no one has heard of Macgruber. Everyone I've shown it to has loved it.