Is Stranger Things the Lost of our generation?

Is Stranger Things the Lost of our generation?

No

Stranger Things is actually good

Overrated shit? Yes

Lost was stupid, the ending sucked and everything ended up being meaningless.

ST is fun and seems to be on the right track.

Eleven was the only interesting thing about Stranger Things and even that was a straight rip off.

At least Lost had plenty of original ideas and actually interesting mystery to follow around.

No. Lost had too many mysteries and the ending was a cop out because they'd written themselves into a fucking hole. Stranger Things will hopefully keep it to one mystery per season, so that each one ends as satisfyingly as the first. Hopefully.

>Eleven was the only interesting thing about Stranger Things

Nah.

>plane crashes on a a mysterious island where strange things happen

100% original donut steel

let's see how it goes in 7 seasons

The fuck is interesting about some dude investigating an event that's basically laid out entirely bare within the very two episodes? He is caught several times yet is never harmed, and never really does anything important except breaking into the facility yet again in order to find Will by the very last episode.

I'm waiting until you name me something similar.

>a character who literally solves every situation with his fists

What's not to like honestly

>Eleven was the only interesting thing about Stranger Things

Giligans Island

>I'm waiting until you name me something similar.
Gilligan's Island.

>Lost of our generation
leftovers

You should come back in 10 years and discuss Stranger Things

>I'm waiting until you name me something similar.
What? I agree with you, nothing else in the history of entertainment has contained that plot point. We are on the same team friend.

That desperate, huh?

Why didn't the scientist kill him?

because that's mean

It was decent but I'm almost starting to hate it because of everyone praising it like its the goddamn second coming. It was a blender of familiar nostalgic stuff. It wasn't anything special.

Kill yourself pedo

>I'm almost starting to hate it because of everyone praising it like its the goddamn second coming

Where are the people saying the show is the best thing ever? People say that about Game of thrones, Braking Bad and some even say it about Walking dead, but I have yet to see one person seriously say that about Stranger Things. It sounds like you are starting to dislike it because it is popular, don't be one of those people.

They were going to overdose him at the end until he bargained Eleven's location. They didn't kill him before that because two suicides in one week in a small town where nothing strange ever happens, with one being the chief of police, would've sparked a local investigation and public suspicion, which is exactly what they were trying to avoid.

Bullshit. If they were that methodical in the first place, they would've come up with a MUCH better plan to dispose of that cook guy.

>Is Stranger Things the Lost of our generation?

A let's set up a mystery we'll never fully explain and string people along until we cop out in the last season and go full retard?

Why yes, OP it may just be.

Such as? Lure him outside with a steak on a fishing rod then dump his body in acid? The sudden disappearance of the local diner owner would've been even worse than framing it as a suicide. They thought it was going to end there if Brenner could get to Eleven and convince her to come back, but she got scared off by them killing him and gained the assumption they were trying to kill her as well. Shit was getting more and more out of their grip and another framed suicide wasn't viable.

This. It doesn't hang on to pretentious mysteries to be interesting and is actually sensible about it's pacing.

LOST might be one of the most overrated shows in the history of TV. This is overrated a bit too, but I'll be damned if it isn't really fucking entertaining.

LOST was all about the mystery. Stranger Things is about people reacting to a situation. The mystery is so ancillary it's not even worth discussing.

My money is still on them fucking it up. Lost did it, BSG did it...

As long as they keep it to one or two mysteries per season I think it'll survive. The first was finding Will and learning about Eleven, I suspect season two will be about finding Eleven and learning about whatever the fuck Will is turning into. And then the background overarching mystery of what exactly the Upside Down is will probably be saved for the final season as the very last mystery to be solved.

But Lost was about setting up a lot of mysteries only to leave them unresolved.
Stranger Things have like, what, 2 or 3 "mysteries" that were answered by the first episodes. I'm betting the cliffhanger of Will's situation will have an exposition within the first or second episode.
Hell they even have a "catch up with stupid" scene where the cops and the mother talk to Eleven's mother and recap everything we knew already.

LOST is all about character, and the characters are all well developed, have interesting arcs (for the most part), and the actors did a good job with the performances.

The mysteries and mythology were also interesting, and they kept the viewers hooked, but as a whole the show's entertainment value does not solely rest upon it. What exactly do you mean by "pretentious mysteries"? It sounds like you don't know what the word even means. The worst thing the show does concerning its mysteries is completely dropping certain ideas and shifting the direction, but when viewed as a whole I think they did a good job.

>sensible about it's pacing.
Dragging out what could have been told in two hours to eight long episodes is sensible pacing?

As you put it, the mystery element in Stranger Things plays a similar role in driving the story but the difference is it's actually done quite poorly in Stranger Things. See the tacky cliffhangers at the end of each episode, some of which just come out of nowhere. On the other hand LOST builds up the mysterious elements and thus the suspense.

The more you post, the more it is clear you've never seen LOST. The first episode of LOST is better made than the entire first season of Stranger Things.

Stranger Things is about boy fantasy. It's so cheap and lazy and unoriginal. Any time any character has psychic abilities, it's always the same schtick. The bleeding nose, the concentration, the super hidden unlocked GOHAN power. It's trite and embarrassing to watch.

Stranger Things has had literally 0 cultural impact so no.

Lost started off epic and amazing and was the first show to make internet discussion a near integral part of the show.

Lost changed the way television is viewed and discussed.

Stranger Things is great, but I don't see the comparison - at least in terms of cultural impact.

Argue me, bitch.

Btw if it isn't clear enough, I piggy backed off of this persons response. I'm not a "Same Faggot".

Don't you DARE ever piggy back my post again.

kill yourself

Why?

Why not?

You're a fucking faggot tourist

Isn't Lost still part of this fucking generation. Shit was so overrated I never seen a single second of any episode lol

Fair enough

Can we just discuss Lost and Stranger things instead of playing these childish games?

>lol

Sounding educated.
Let's see...

1) Asking a question while using a period instead of a question mark
2) "I never seen"
3) Judges something they've never seen a second of
4) "lol"

I feel second hand embarrassment for you.

This. 100,000% this. LOST is for mouth breathers.

Go back to r eddit cock smoker

>everything ended up being meaningless

quite literally the opposite message of the finale. how dumb are you?

You fell for my bait. Who's the stupid one now?

Whut?

It had been denied several times that they were dead and then they were. That's some Stephanie Meyer level of writing right there.

Don't forget about Joyce!

why do people love this piece of shit show so much?

Smoke monster*

Oh my.

Holy shit, now this BETTER be bait.
Who was dead, user?
Tell me. Just who was "dead"? What are you even talking about?

Remember in the finale when Christian said that the "dead" "Sideways" scenes took place after everybody had died, meaning sometime 50 or so years in the future? (Or whenever, it's just an alternate timeline...)

Holy fuck people are dumb.

Stranger Things didn't rely on gimmicks. Lost from the get go tried to trick you into being interesting by having a sense of mystery. Stranger Things did the same, but they had enough sense to come up with a worth while payoff. Lost feels more like a good idea with no ending then passed onto someone else. Lost starts off great but quickly losses everyone because it was clear they had no idea where to take the story. STs clearly had people who knew how they wanted to end the season, so the viewer actually feels satisfied at the end.

well yeah in that it's a meme show favored by reddit

Oh, right, I forgot that Stranger Things doesn't revolve around a core, unanswered mystery. It'd be weird if the show had unexplained monsters and extra dimensions, wouldn't it?

You're not fooling anyone

Uh, we're currently in a thread discussing the possibility of it being the Lost (aka one of the greatest, most influential shows of all time) of our generation.

Kill yourself reddit

You don't think Lost fans were expecting answers every season?

How are his eyes so huge? Does he wear contact lenses?

It's been eight episodes, buddy. That's a third of Lost's entire first season. Come back to us when Stranger Things has aired 121 episodes, then we'll talk about which one is best.

Good, intelligent response cockhead.

Take this gay shit back to r eddit

I binge-watched the entire first season yesterday. The first two episodes were without a doubt amazing, but I haven't had time to reflect on the show yet.
I had a hard time believing the ending though..

Every family involved was just back to normal and were even celebrating Christmas after only a month, like nothing had happened?
Also was pretty disappointed with pic related. Jonathan got cucked pretty hard by this unlikable character.

>Steve
>Unlikeable
What a moron
Jonathan was creepy as fuck

And people love Christmas specially if shit went down earlier

shitty, overhyped, weak ending? yeah, maybe it is

Yeah, Steve had his redemption arc and even if Jonathan didn't intend to be a creep he came off as a weirdo stalker.

Steve was a decent dude. I'm glad they subverted the "all popular people are complete assholes" trope a bit.

>At least Lost had plenty of original ideas and actually interesting mystery to follow around.

not knowing where you're going with a story and just making dumb shit up as you go along is not the same thing as an interesting mystery

kill yourself reddit

I think a month is more than enough time for things to return to normal, especially considering the whole ordeal took place over the course of less than a week. That isn't to say a degree of season two has been confirmed by the creators as some characters dealing with the repercussions of season one, including Barb's parents trying to figure out what happened to her.

I liked Steve, his redemption arc was a little forced but that's because it was a last minute rewrite. And again, considering the time frame, it's more realistic that Nancy would still have a lady boner for him and not jump to Jonathan after hunting a monster with him for a couple of days.

>Barb's parents
That fat cunt should never be mentioned again

>our generation
how fucking young are you?

Unfortunately there's enough Redditards and Tumblretards who ironically like her that the character will be returning in some form (most likely new flashback scenes). I feel like it's died off a little now after that horrible Fallon skit.

kill yourself reddit

It's already made a cultural impact greater than LOST had after however many years they churned it out for.

How to detect the redditors.

I think you're mistaking cultural impact with FotM popularity.

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed Stranger Things, but the cultural impact of that show already happened in the 80s. It's almost entirely derivative in a good way. As for LOST; I'm not a fan at all as I find the show way too abstract but I can't deny that it really did affect the way we talked about TV series on the internet.

You misunderstand the phrase 'cultural impact'. I didn't discuss LOST on the internet because I'm not a normie polesmoker who deserves to be fucking filleted alive in front of his loved ones.

You're a fucking retard

He's just pure.

What trenchant criticism.

Has anybody actually watched this show twice?

Does anybody actually discuss this shit past "Yeah the music was good and I think El is still alive"?

If you think this meme nostalgia pandering show made more cultural impact than LOST you have to be delusional

Kill yourself pedo fag

It depends on your definition of cultural impact. I'm not using 'cultural impact' as a synonym for butts on seats, I'm using it in terms of the long tail, the depth charge of influence. Think Velvets rather than Beatles.

hmmmm

We need some higher definition up in here.

Stranger Things is a paradigmatic work of our time, because it remembers the real eighties comfiness, correcting all the vaporwave cartoons that have built up of the aesthetics of the era.

where's my boy snaggletooth?

You sound like a pretentious art student douche.

He's a faggot pedophile

Just remember it's pretentious art student douches who make the TV of tomorrow, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah nigggoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooorillooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

it was not the story

it was not the characters

it was the SYNTH

Nice headcanon

>Stranger Things
>more influence than LOST
You're baiting, right?

People only pretend to like Steve, right? Seems obvious that fans are being contrarian cunts "hehe i am beyond tropes" just because they feel smart that way.

>guy acts like a dick because of his friends

Sounds just like IRL.

No, Stranger Things is doing stuff no previous show has done, it's objectively better-produced than LOST which is some saggy 2004 shit, and it has real characters, unlike that show with its bullshit fucking board game pieces.

fuck off pedo

>mom in the background is so proud

FIRDT POST BEST POST

When the smoke clears though, it' s it clear thzt this is a ripoff from Akira.

Lol, fuck off with this garbage.

Nah, Stranger Things is actually good.

Lost was not.

I don't get this part. Why'd she call him a mouthbreather for doing his job and also for being concerned about a homeless girl stealing?
Also why didn't Winona Ryder just tell her older son that the fake body didn't have the birthmark?

What did she give the cuck before that scene?

If you prefer Nancy over Barb you need to leave

If you don't know then you obviously weren't paying attention then or any time during the show.

This. Holy shit Lost was stupid.

I like stranger things
But real talk Eleven was fucking terrible and stale

>nancy will never birth you black baby

In all honesty, Jonathan got the better end of the deal, he got a nice camera, Steve got the horrible cunt.

Well the bitch on the left is dressed like an aunt and not the sexy kind. I bet she reeks of dogpiss and too much perfume.