Doctor Who

I think it's about time BBC to make a female Doctor Who. I mean, it's almost 2020 women can be doctors too. There's also no reason the Doctor's consciousness can't be put into a fully figured female body with today's technological advances. What do you guys think? Should the BBC change up the old formula and spice things up a notch when a new season comes around?

People have been calling for it for years, many actresses have expressed interest in doing it. I can't think of a reason for them not to try it. Worst thing that happens is people don't like it and you do something different for the next iteration of the Doctor.

I would rather to Doctor be black than a woman t-b-h

Just give me more Peggy C

They're not mutually exclusive.

How about a male companion only and no fucking chick drama for a few seasons. Just two dudes broing out fuck.

They would need a top notch male companion to pull it off

Have there ever been a male companion only in the show?

If the Master became a woman I don't see why not.

>no homo

They'd have to be at least 40.
Its rare for a woman under 40 to have any fucking charisma
Source: look at the nuwho companions other than Donna

Isn't this supposed to be his last "life"? Kinda forgot the lore, been a while.

Very briefly
Main story that comes to mind is The Massacre, which kind of has a female companion - the actress playing the side character of the week plays a new character (her descendant) who is the new companion in the following story.
And there is always Jamie.

Yeah, we know Doctor Who is kinda the show that would never change rules just for the sake of the story, right.

I actually wouldn't complain if Hayley Atwell was the doctor, she's sophisticated and hot as fug, better than some token black strong wimminz forced into the franchise for diversity.

Watch The Night of the Doctor

He got a fresh batch with his last regeneration, something to do with the time Lords helping him out through an interdimensional tear in space

True. I don't know, I wouldn't mind such a change, but I also believe you shouldn't fix something that isn't broken.

They'd have to call it Doctor Hooters.

No He's actually onto regeneration 14/13, Matt Smith was 'the last life' and then he got a new cycle.

>1. William Hartnell
>2. Patrick Troughton
>3. Jon Pertwee
>4. Tom Baker
>5. Peter Davison
>6. Colin Baker
>7. Sylvester McCoy
>8. Paul Mcgann
>9. John Hurt
>10. Christopher Eccleston
>11. David Tennant
>12. David Tennant again
>13. Matt Smith
>14. Peter Capaldi

>david tennant will always be the doctor that got to cheat death
Fucking prick

>David Tennant is also married with his "daughter"

damn

Don't forget that both David Tennants only lasted a combined 5 years in universe while Matt smith lasted 1200 years.

Who is also 5's actual daughter.

Ayyy

But yeah if that supposed leaked pic of her is real then they're fantastic.

Yet another reason I hate Moffat

Ah hahahahahahahahaha.

Fuck I miss Donna

Oh a Cred Forums bait thread made by someone who hasn't even seen the show.

You can fuck off you SJW scum. I bet you want the doctor to be one of the 76 genders you believe in you fucking moron

This show is written for numales and womyn so forget about it. Never have I ever seen such forced diversity than when I watched the latest season (well, I couldn't finish it. I always quit this shitty show. Done for good now)

Hope you quit watching when he regenerates as a woman because it's only a matter of time.

Oh please let that photo be real and please let there be more

No. First a ginger Doctor. He always wanted it and we always wanted it. The franchise deserves it. After that a black and only then a female Doctor. Everyone knows that to be true.

what pic

There has been a pic going around Cred Forums that was supposedly a nude Hayley Atwell leak. It actually looked decently convincing (Andy fucking glorious if real) but there was never any further proof or other photos so it's authenticity is very questionable

Honestly I just want some decent companions back, it's all I ask.

I'm going to 2nd this. A ginger male (because as you point out, the Doc has always wanted this), then a black male, followed by a female.

I liked Clara tho. After she finally became a character, instead of being just a plot device.

Hayley Atwell would be perfect

>now, the newest form of the doctor: Idrisa Elba

We already have a female Master, a cross-gender regeneration from the General, and another plot-relevant cross-gender regeneration in the Doctor Who audios.

What was the forced diversity in the latest season?