What dost thou want?

What dost thou want?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/213is2dHO34?t=30s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

a goat tower

vade retro satanas

tomison is peng

I want the director to end the movie before the last scene.

Baaaaane?

A gf

cheeses

A fat 'enry of dank cheese.

Lol no you don't

I agree. If it ended with her reaction to the whisper it would've been better. Be a bit more ambiguous if everyone was just trippin from ergot poisoning or not.

>play the "subtle atmospheric horror" game for most of the money
>end it with trippy pagan campfire dance with floating whores screaming into the night

wew lads

Acceptance.

Reason to exist.

Some chocolate maybe.

>"If we wanted him to be doing something violent, he wanted to go to sleep. If he was supposed to be standing still, he was running around like a madman," Eggers recalls.

What's next for his career?

This movie's on netflix, is it actually good or is it just another Cred Forums meme?

It's bretty gud. Better than the jumpscare found-footage bullshit that is 99% of horror movies nowadays

it's good but it's not for everyone. it's not the typical horror movie.

It's pretty good but it also lends itself to Cred Forums tier memes rather well.

a billion dollars and a succubus

It's amazing. One of the best horror films of all time imo, up with the shining and exorcist.

I agree, probably the best directorial debut in horror as well.

That was the director's first movie? Damn.

Rob Zombie must've been pissed.

Is there actually a witch this time around and if so is it anything like Blair Witch's Stretch Armstrong in the woods?

>hey guys can you spoil this movie for me even though it's free on amazon and netflix and I could just watch it right now?

im not gonna tell u shit and u should ignore other posts responding to you. just watch the movie tonight. it's only like 90 minutes, it doesn't take that long to watch it.

Dude just watch it.

a thomasin!

>Be a bit more ambiguous if everyone was just trippin from ergot poisoning or not
but it is

What's this movie called?

Leave the thread and watch it.

The VVitch

so, the woman in the woods was a pedophile, right?

>Is there actually a witch
yes

new england folktales held that witches liked eating children because their youth gave them more power than an adult would.

It's a good movie unless your a shithead that needs jumpscares every 5mins. Go fucking watch it and leave this thread NOW.

butter

Oh I know, one thing I liked about the movie, but the final scene excessively implies occult activities, while most of the film it is implied but the isolation of the family has an insanity angle as well.

Stop lying bro. There is no witch....but there is something else just as good.

Nah, just a shota admirer

you got me

>but the final scene excessively implies occult activities
only if taken literally.

the whole twist of this movie is that it's exactly what the "crazy christians" said it was, they were right all along and you progressive 2016 viewers out there that assumed it would twist away from that were actually more surprised when it turned out to be exactly what you should expect

>What's next for his career?

BLACKED

based Black Phillip

Out of everyone I know who watched this film, I am the only one who actually paid attention all the way through. I'm also the only one who liked it.

Plebs everywhere.

for katie to win more medals!

For this user to to get btfo when she turns him down and laughs at him. I mean brutal, leave him suicidal afterwards.

y would you wish such a mean ting to happen to yoru friend? ;_;

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE

>This movie's on netflix
Why is this relevant? Do some plebs only watch their flicks if they make it over to Cucflic?

There is always an increase in threads when a movie pops up on Netflix, and it's never clear if it's just a raving film or it just popped up for viewers. Same thing when a rip drops.

What can you offer, goat fucker?

Do you think before you type/speak or do you just shit memes out of your mouth

Butter and dresses. You like butter and dresses you faggot.

I am the memes.

Ass pics of Thomason

>paying for shitty, restrictive DRM low-bitrate streaming
>asking if something is worth watching only because it's on netflix
Do you, dumbass?

Oh yes! Should I take my titties out now?!

This movie would have been so good if they just cut out every scene featuring a witch.
Every witch scene looked like it was shoehorned in like Night of the Demon-teir shit.

I wasn't who you originally replied to but nice try buddy

Butter

Beat me to it. MOAR

How about a little more puritan?

There's really only three, the first one, the sexy one caleb meets in the woods, and then the ending. All of which have the feeling of being very unreliable.

So much cuter as a blond

None of them are good though, none of them add to that rest of the atmosphere of the movie.
Even if they only cut the first two witch scenes, it would have been a great movie, if the entire movie we wondered, "Is there really a witch," and then at the end they all go flying and screaming into the sky, well shit, there was a witch, that would have been great.
But instead what we got was about ten minutes of, "Is there a wi- Oh, well look at her go."
I remain disappoint. It was so solid otherwise.

ayyfu

The baby sacrifice is a really good scene though and I'd hate to lose it. I agree that the movie would have been a little bit stronger if they really made the supernatural elements more ambiguous. But almost all of these scenes aren't witnessed by any of the characters in the movie, and I don't think it's being shown through an objective lense (shit that creepy close up/ oblique angle in the baby sacrifice scene says a lot). After that you have caleb meeting the girl in the woods, and the next time you see him he dies. And no one seems to react to the apple falling out of his mouth. By the time Black Philip shows up Thomasyn is the only one left, and she's gone crazy after watching her family implode.

She has this airhead bimbo quality to her

yeah i agree with this, maybe im just used to analyzing movies but just because we the viewer see a scene of the witch the characters had not yet and so i was still thinking this was possibly the imagined version of what they all think must have happened, as in we are being shown their thoughts and fears.

and thats why i loved the movie, we are at a point where we expected the classic salem witch trial lesson "there is no witch" and all that but instead we got a straight up puritan horror story. it goes against modern expectations by being simple and straight forward.

>there are people on Cred Forums so unversed in their own culture that they didn't understand the twins evil nature

what is it then mr oh so learned/?

DELETE THIS

Has anyone seen this ? Was it good?
Thomason is in it

The director's commentary is worth listening too. They took a lot of effort (and most of the budget) to try and make the movie as authentic to the time period as possible. That includes the fact that these people were puritans, basically religious fanatics, the devil, witches, curses, etc weren't superstitions or fairy tales to them, they lived in very real fear and terror of it in their everyday lives. They're light years away from civilization on a wild an untamed continent, with an environment that seems to actively be trying to kill them. Faith was one of the few things they had to cling to.

On top of that Calvinism is an existential nightmare to begin with. The dad having the conversation with caleb about predestination is perfect at conveying the basic theme that god is indifferent, and even if you try your hardest to be good, if you're chosen you're chosen, and if not, you're fucked.

She's an apex cute though

I don't know what it is, she looks like if I pulled up in a van and said candy in the back she'd jump right in.

>toby jones
>paul giamatti
I don't know what this is, but I'm in.

no thomasin a pure
a PURE

>unversed in their own culture
Joke's on you, I'm not from a Western or Christian culture

Why if the twins understood black Phillip did they have to get killed.
I don't understand why they didn't enter a pact too.

>ywn grab thomasin's soft, squishable titties in the woods and make her gasp and stand there leaning into your hands, her nipples hardening as she bites her lip while you pull her blouse away and slather her tits in your saliva

>two dipshit kids that didn't know any better
>a willing convert
Gee, I don't know. Also I don't entirely submit that they were anything but obnoxious twins on a farm in the middle of nowhere acting like obnoxious faggots.

Back then they didn't even really acknowledge children as people until they survived a few years, then you could start getting attached. So those knobs were just being attention whores.

The Devil is about corruption and impurity. Taking a good, Christian girl and making her not only into a disciple, but making her want to be one as well, is the epitome of corruption.

Leading two children who still shit themselves astray doesn't mean anything. Killing them is far more of a fuck you to the innocence that children inherently represent.

The movie was GOAT and I honestly think people who have a strong dislike to it are genuinely unintelligent

>The movie was GOAT
God damnit Carlos.

why was the goat so smug?

Why is Cred Forums fucking full of idiots.
The director explained everything already, there's nothing to interpret. Same shit with the Babadook half you faggots say it's a metaphor the other half says it's not, but forget the director their word means less than some useless cunts on an taiwanese street hockey forum

People talk about Thomasin's butt a lot but was anyone else surprised at what a nice body the father had

Like he was this gross old guy but they had that scene where he was shirtless and idk he looked way better than I was expecting

ten minutes into the movie they show you A FUCKING WITCH BUTCHERING A TODDLER.

the "oh, it was all in their minds, there's no witch" is the most common and predictable of the endings. without the last 5 minutes, this movie would've been a pretentious fucking SHIT.

Jesus fuck, are you 15? did you just discover Shyamalan or something?

Never ask that question.

Whether or not its real or imagined is irrelevant. At the end of the day the results are the same. The devil didn't have to tempt the family, they destroyed themselves with fear, suspicion, lies, and pride, and the daughter is cast adrift from society to meet her doom.

He was even supposed to be starving and lost weight for the role and still looked great.

>also dat voice

I've always wanted to kick a duck up the arse

>movie would have been a little bit stronger if they really made the supernatural elements more ambiguous.
No way, it's incredibly refreshing at this point that a movie is straightforward without some weak attempt at being ambiguous, as if it makes the movie any smarter. It doesn't and there's nothing wrong with being straightforward.

It's less like God chooses, and more like he knows what choice you will make since he knows every out come and alas all knowledge of every time line.

why is she so cute

There's witches

She reminds me of Nell with Jodie foster

He voices several random villagers in The Witcher 3. He stood out so much that I remember him when watching The Witch.

Jealous of his voice.

Post Thomasin cleavage

lol what a fag u r

Is she an ayy?

She's proof that the Grey human hybrid plan the government is working on might not be so bad after all

Except the devil/witch (whatever) killed 4 of the 5 kids.

This movie is so schlock. Witches had nothing to do with satan or satanism. Thats the pietist christian fear of it, ending with satan bein real shows a real lack of understanding of the subject matter.

Anti-christ deals with this, how nature is the true satan or devil and women the followers. Such a shame we'll never get a good movie about witches.

Even without sexism, Thomasin was fucked at the end of the movie. Her whole family goes out into the woods and she's the only one who comes back? Shit looks suspicious. If I go with some college friends on a trip out into the Appalachians and come back a week later alone babbling about the devil, people are going to think that I killed them. That's just how it is. And then there's the fact that it's only when Thomasin's alone with a family member do they go missing. She was set up by the witches from the beginning to join their ranks.

>115 posts
>no juicy witch ass in the woods webm

C'mon Cred Forums

>It's less like God chooses, and more like he knows what choice you will make since he knows every out come and alas all knowledge of every time line.

I mean, if God is omnipotent, omniscient, AND exists outside of time, he's basically chosen who goes to heaven and who doesn't.

Also, Caleb's death monologue was the best part of the movie. "How wholly delectable thou art!"

Thomasin

I like you

She's a latina

>Witches had nothing to do with satan or satanism

Found the Wiccan, Gardner was a hack and he stole everything from Margaret Murray, confirmed to have made literally everything up

damn straight.

Ahh what do we have here, the obligatory "I am more informed than the autistically informed director" post.

The director is a folktale autist who knows that time period better than the current time period. He didn't just google for his knowledge, he literally read everything there is on that subject matter and probably hired a whole team of people do it too. He knows which kind of shoelaces were worn then on which freaking shoes, how could he then fuck up something as big as that in your post?

Every thread there's a post like this, a fast rotational supermassive black hole expert in an Interstellar thread, heavily experienced swordsman in a Star Wars thread, local expert on bears and bear attacks in Revenant threads etc.

pathetic

has nothing to do with wicca.

He read about witch trails and made a movie from a christian pov.

you watch The Craft, should be right up your alley

what do you think Thomasin tastes like?

It's more like you either believe in God or not and what you do doesn't matter.779

Your posts stink of angsty contrarian teenager

And you can watch the RReddit

Because I have actually studied witches and wrote a thesis on them?
Witches had nothing to do with satanism at all, it was all folklore and more akin to paganism. Worshipping nature. But go ahead and like your RReddit movie.

>user gets offended on behalf of the alt goth girl he likes

one espresso please

I'm sure you did, user, I'm sure you did, those nice liberal college professors told you good about those mean nasty Christians.

the grass is always greener my friend. When you get one you'll wish you didn't have one :^)

>mooooooom, they didn't make the movie like I wanted mooom please tell them to stop I don't like it this way

None of your lorefanboism arguments tell is the movie good or bad

it's shit. Don't listen to the plebs. I actually fell asleep during it

Those darn Christians!

I got u pham

>Because I have actually googled about witches and wrote a 10 page word file on them?

How fucking full of yourself are you lmao.

Why don't you please first inform yourself of the directors knowledge on the subject and come back, report how fucking delusional you were and slap yourself one.

>I made a powerpoint presentation on this subject once guys trust me

underage tourist

It's alright, kind of predictable but it has a pretty cool plot and 10/10 waifus

I just want to put my face in there

>Because I have actually googled about witches and wrote a 10 page word file on them?

How fucking full of yourself are you lmao.

Why don't you please first inform yourself of the directors knowledge on the subject and come back, report how fucking delusional you were and slap yourself one.
And again, even if he missed the whole original material, that fact doesn't mean the movie is automatically bad.

>I made a powerpoint presentation on this subject once guys trust me

underage tourist

That's not even what I meant. Her ascending into the sky was corny and not well done. If it ends with her signing the book in her blood or even her just following him into the woods I think it would've been better.

*brrraaaaap*

Really really? I don't see how anyone can think that. Having such a loud and violent ending in a mostly restrained movie was just about perfect. I consider it extremely well done and don't think there could have been a better ending.

[DELICIOUSNESS INTENSIFIES]

Right but you as a mortal have no way of knowing who is and who is not saved. Seriously. Calvinism sucks. Its like they wanted to be more depressing than the fucking Catholics.

Eternal salvation and to spend eternity in Heaven with my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God.

they should have shown how the devil gained purchase in the life of the family. The devil has no power except that which he can gain through deception and invitation. Also invoking the name of Jesus will drive away any dark spirit. Casting out demons and such will require some higher spiritual authority gained through quiet observance and faith.

>they should have shown how the devil gained purchase in the life of the family.
Pride. Did you not miss the opening of the movie where they get banished?

Butter

I was dating the daughter of a reformed Presbyterian pastor. Those people were fucking crazy even for southern religious nuts.

But who was phone?

should have been
>if only my sister had big and juicy tits.jpg

post more of her feet please

ayo papi

UNDRTD

screencapped.

also, is black phillip the nigga from slipknots IOWA cover?

ANYBODY ELSE THINK THE ENDING WOULD'VE BEEN BETTER IF IT WOULD'VE JUST ENDED AT THOMASIN SLEEPING AT THE TABLE?

Why didn't God save his children? He asked really nicely.

`Calvinism's one hell of a drug

Aaaye

>he doesn't know about predestination

Their fates were sealed before they were born, senpai. His prayers meant nothing.

I wanted to see black phillip dance more. both in goat and pirate form

Keep going

I've always thought these guys look like soda cans but maybe that's cause I'm white trash american

>ywn let her hair down and let it tumble across her bared shoulder while you kiss across her soft pale chest, licking at her collarbones and nipping at her neck, make her gasp and thrust against you

>ywn hike up her skirt and run your hand along her milky thigh as you grasp her firm little ass and fuck her against a trees, her little perky tits bobbing up and down, her face unable to hide the pleasure of her rough fucking

>goat head pendant
AYY LMAO

The Church of Satan, real life edgemasters supreme and unabashed hypocrites, publicly endorsed the film, it was probably a cast gift or something.

Wish the movie was 30 seconds shorter and left the end even more ambiguous.
Still great.

Anyone else feel really bad for the dad.? He just wanted his family to go live a pure, god-living life

That ending was so good though. I love how they handled the goat.

movies that know when not to show something are rare these days. And they show just the right amount and no more.

Also I love that scene when there is the Goat foot step than the human foot step. So well done.

this movie was a series of cliches and predictable. It was all worth it for that witch ass

English muffins.

I did. Just goes to show no good deed goes unpunished though.

more goats

>100+ posts
>no feet

Everytime I hear Black Phillip, this is the first thing that comes to mind
youtu.be/213is2dHO34?t=30s

>while most of the film it is implied but the isolation of the family has an insanity angle as well.

That just made them more susceptible. I got the impression that they were targeted carefully, starting with the weaker members of the family, and only when they were split up or by themselves.

movie sucked

this movie fucked me up as a kid senpai

He was the reason they all died.

>you came to the wrong neighbourhood

me too.

dahl's shit is too fucking scary for 5-6 year olds.

Agree.

They should've cut it as she's walking towards the coven.

Did they use a body double for the ass scene or is it the ayyy genes?

>Did they use a body double

Probably. Unless you're Jennifer Connelly most fimmakers aren't going to be showing underage ass shots in a theatrical release.

>tfw not living deliciously

anything would've been better than that, it was borderline comical, just a bunch of witches spazzing out around a fire

Completely missed the point.

I kind of got the feel that the witches were fucked out of there head on drugs during the ending, that they regularly arranged some sort "raves"/occult worshippings where they consumed some sort of psychedelic witch brew and worshipped whatever thing they worshipped, probably Satan given the goat character
It's super creepy, I rarely find horror movies scary but something about witches has always terrified me
>the barn scene

The family commited all the seven deadly sins throughout the movie.

look harder

Nigga tryna live delish ova here ya feel me

Big dick

body double

The moment I saw that black goat I looked at my friend and said "I bet you ten bucks that is going to be the devil", he said I was wrong and that the movie was going to have some twist about them being all crazy and shit. It was pretty good, but the synbolism was really hammered down for anyone with a little bit of understanding of christian mythos.

>without intervention that place would have turned into an incest den

Why didn't Phillip just let it play out?

Utterly Depraved

But witches travelled to BlÄkulla to party with the devil. We study witches at school in Sweden.

so what is the crow referencing

it was a metaphor for 'flipping the bird' to God

So what's some more witchcore, Cred Forums?

Is that Elliot or Tyrell?

That is not the goat of mendes. Nothing to do with laveyan satanism.

It started with a witch floating after making and putting on baby oil...

I don't think you were paying attention. Stop fiddling with your phone, user.

and yet they showed Thomasin's shaved pit in the end of the movie

fuck, a lot of cultures shaved their bodies in the past, but not them

If witches are evil or if witches are good as a whole doesn't matter. According to the religion in that time period women couldn't go to heaven without male attachment (Father or husband) and the goatfuck that made her one was obviously evil.

Thomasin's dad rejected her, and she would probably never marry because she was an outcast fuck
She was doomed either way. At least with Satan she could taste butter or something.

>implying laveyfags have any kind of internal consistency
>we're peaceful and reasonable!
>CHAOS MAGICK AND DESTROY YOUR ENEMIES GIVE ME THE MATING SIGNAL

I have read anton's personal book. he says you should masturbate in the woods in order to become a psychic werewolf.

he was a charismatic dude but I'm sure he was a bit fucked in the head when it comes down to it

oh hi mister horned one, i was thinking that, maybe i'm not living deliciously enough so i was wondering if you could, like, improve my deliciousness level, like seriously, go full delicious

even better

The scene where he started talking scared the shit out of me

Goat Tower! Hooves down!

I get that the director had a hard on for trying to get the vocabulary of the time right but it seems like the director cared more about creating authentic dialogue than dialogue the actors could actually deliver.

the final scene with the boy was probably the worst, several minutes of the boy going "ABEEBABOOBOOAAABO TAKE ME ABOOBABEE SEE THE BOAAAROOABOOB".

Also didn't help the "hey this sounds ok in a finely tuned cinema, I'm sure it'll be fine at home" sound mixing consisting of whispering and mumbling alternating with people shouting and screaming.

>he doesn't know that they purposely make the dialogue quite in horror movies so the lounder moments are more profound

Having quiet moments followed by loud is fine, just don't have characters mumble important dialogue.

honestly if you're having such a problem with it nobody would blame you for putting on subtitles in a movie with historical accents.

Still, it's a stable of horror movies, they want you to turn it up on the quiet parts so it hits you harder with that psychedelic orchestral score

*staple

I liked this movie but I was kind of distracted by Thomasin the whole way through, she's a fucking cute, looks like someone I used to work with, too