Does your favorite film pass?

Does your favorite film pass?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d1Qu9WP-kkg
youtube.com/watch?v=hDu78p3h6JE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

My favourite kino doesn't have female characters in it. In fact, it doesn't have any characters at all.

It's supposed to be a joke, y'know? That's why there's the punchline about Aliens passing.

The bechdel test is a joke from a comic in the 80s that new wave feminists started taking seriously.

>sex and the city passes
>alien doesn't

>50 shades of grey passes
>run lola run doesn't

>Mr Bean's Holiday
I think it passes, yes.

The Thing
It fails unless you consider the thing as female.

Movies with no female characters are usually great

>The Thing
>20,000 leagues under the Sea
>Master and Commander

I have a love/hate with this meme. It was a necessary observation, despite being a joke. However, content creators basically live and die by bullshit like this now. That's why a cartoon like Legend of Korra fails, and becomes some odd Tumblr fetish.

Lawrence of Arabia.

Women BTFO.

Nope. There's maybe three cunts in the entire film and they do not have any interaction with each other.

>Alien doesn't

Surely Ripley and Lambert must have exchanged at least a few words

pure kino

>tfw my favourite film has less than a dozen lines from women in the entire movie

It has the Howeitat women wailing/singing, but that's all.

Master and Commander

There's not even a roastie character

Alien passes

The fucking original comic's joke was about it passing because two women talk about "the monster" instead

I give a movie the Bechdel test and if it passes I know it's shit and don't watch.

>bechdel test
my favorite use of the bechdel test was when anita used it to analyze popular movies of a certain year. (I forget which year) Only a woody allen movie passed. The two women talked briefly on some trivial matter.

It passed the test, but Anita didn't think they talked long enough, and didn't count it.

Star Wars: A New Hope
I don't thnk any of the movies pass and that's the way I like it.

People getting riled about bechel test are morons. Sure, it is not 100℅ perfect like everything in Cred Forumsland should be. But it is really fucking simple. Just think about it reversed for a fucking second..

..I know you didn't.

this

but anyways, among some of my favorites
Mulholland Dr., Rosemary's Baby, Spring Breakers, Don't Look Now, Carrie, Melancholia, and Picnic at Hanging Rock have women talking to each other about stuff

Vertigo I don't think does, but why would it need to?

>Harold and Kumar passes because the girls talk about battleshit.

It's funny because I don't think Ten passes despite being an actual feminist movie from a country that actually needs feminism

Sisters passes it. Scream TV show and movies do. This is hard.

LotR
A small girl talked to her mother ("I don't want to go") as well as a princess ("Where's Mama?"). There, that counts.

I watch cute girls doing cute things EXCLUSIVELY

Two Girls One Cup passes the Bechdel Test.

Did Civil War pass?

>Over 9 hours and no women exchange words in the entire story

Is LOTR the perfect Trilogy ?

>Waterloo
Nnnnnnnnnnope. In fact the only lines spoken by women (to men) are still about men. Marvellous stuff.

>Ken Russell's film of the Devils
Easy pass

All the anime that I watch passes

I'd argue that little girls don't count as women

Pirates 2: Stagnetti's Revenge has some great woman-on-woman dialogue

They're female, they count.

yes

To be a woman, and to watch all these great films knowing you'll never be able to chat, talk, speak, like a man to another man, unless you become one, that is the question.

Deleted scenes + a couple of lines at the beginning, they don't have direct conversations after that

I think these scenes are in the DC, tho

youtube.com/watch?v=d1Qu9WP-kkg
youtube.com/watch?v=hDu78p3h6JE

Says you.

>bechdel test

How is that test valid in any sense of the word?

We can't go around assuming a character's genders likethat It's very insensitive and very problematic if you ask me.

Easy Rider
no

The Bechdel test isn't meant to be applied to individual movies, it's meant to show a trend about the representation of women in movies. Applying it to individual movies is fucking stupid. It seems like both feminists and anti-feminists fail to understand this, so any conversation about the Bechdel test ends up being fucking embarrassing.

The test of a good movie is these 3 questions:
Are there women in it?

If you said No to all of them, it's a good movie.

That's a good opinion.

Nah, don't be transphobic.

kill yourself

Wow, rude much?

what the fuck do the two women in 50 shades talk about other than a man? I don't believe that it passes for one second.

Terminator 2?

Did they fuck?

If not I am severely, severely disappointed.

>yfw most Jessica Jones episodes fail

STALKER only has one talking female character in it and she's in it for about 10 minutes in total.

>Click

I don't tihknnl

This test doesn't exist to decide whether a movie is good or bad (like everyone in this thread seems to think for some reason)

It's just supposed to highlight that a lot of extremely successful movies don't have any female roles of noteworthy-ness. It's supposed to shed light that there aren't very many roles for women that are integral to the movie.