Alright , Explain the ending to me I finished the show 20 minutes ago and I found it extremely well written...

Alright , Explain the ending to me I finished the show 20 minutes ago and I found it extremely well written. Are we to assume the worst? Sopranos discussion thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Cd9OsHsLJ28
vox.com/2014/8/27/6076621/david-chase-responds-to-our-sopranos-piece
masterofsopranos.wordpress.com/the-sopranos-definitive-explanation-of-the-end/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

He probably died but we don't know and it doesn't matter in the broad spectrum of the show.

I enjoyed the possibility of it

eugene pontoecorvos cousin shot him

couldnt have been more obvious and hamfisted

the point was that whether or not he was killed in the restaurant, he could never be safe or grow old peacefully, and that he would have to be alert and vigilant for the rest of his life

His life will be like that forever now, looking over his shoulder every five minutes. That was the point.

>Are we to assume the worst?

No of course not, he was killed in that moment

Uncle jun scenes may as well mean that's how he'll end up, if he ever grows old

When basically everyone has different views

This is the dumbest fucking theory. What does that add to the story and character after 7 seasons of panic attacks and depression?

He died, and if he didn't die then he will in the future the same way. Cut to black, no sound, nothing. Everything you know and love gone and you don't even know it because you no longer exist. It's meant to convey existential horror, not paranoia

>existential horror
>frailty of life
>brevity of time

We can all agree that "lelel he was literally shot by Eugene Pontecorvo's cousin who literaly wore the same jacket" is the worst theory. I bet that faggot doesn't even know the significance of what Pontecorvo represents.

youtube.com/watch?v=Cd9OsHsLJ28

Theres nothing confusing about the ending. it means life goes on. simple as that. nothing special. no big dramatic ending. life goes on.

>We can all agree that "lelel he was literally shot by Eugene Pontecorvo's cousin who literaly wore the same jacket" is the worst theory.
But that's just the plot to feed the same themes

I took the "the movie never ends, it goes on and on and on and on" lyric to be ironic in the scene

If Meadow wasn't such an incompetent driver then maybe they could've enjoyed a final family dinner but she just had to be shit.
meadow parking her car is the most important part of this scene if not the entire series

>This Magic Moment on the jukebox list

That another huge hint. It plays at the end of the episode where Bobby has to make his first kill and talks about "you don't even hear it coming"

i want to believe

trips confirm. Don't stop believin

>Are we to assume the worst?
Yes. Tony was murdered.

vox.com/2014/8/27/6076621/david-chase-responds-to-our-sopranos-piece

he's dead. by who is open to interpretation, but he most certainly is. explains the shots well. if you still say he's not dead, then you're a fucking idiot who doesnt know anything about motion picture making.

masterofsopranos.wordpress.com/the-sopranos-definitive-explanation-of-the-end/