Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RlQt8_dfIRU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Good bait > lazy bait

This is my genuine opinion

/thread

>debate about childrens movies
numales kys

No it's not man, you don't have to do that. come on.

It is fuck off. The originals haven't aged well and are goofier

>only watches NC-17

The OT aged less in 40 years than the prequel trilogy in 10

My sentiment exactly.

>star wars 4
George Lucas is the master of oversimplification. All the characters in Star Wars are terribly black and white and not a single one even remotely leans towards the second dimension. The cheap trick to use plain text as exposition for the upcoming events is a slap in the face of cinema. The entire purpose of film is to convey stories through dialogue and images.Lucas doesn't get that.His writing skills are pre-school.
>star wars 5
The most over rated movie of all time. Pseudo nerds will have you believing that george lucas ruined this movie that was once so great even though they probably didnt even see the original version until after the new ones came out. You can find these geek posers at your local comic cons repeating everything plinkett says wearing there han shot first shirt thinking they sound like they know what there talking about, but take it from me these movies are on par with bollywood scifi shit dont waste your time.
>star wars 6
Let's see, for an adventure, the pacing is mostly off, with lots of periods where nothing happens, and even the action scenes are nothing special. The plot also seems fairly contrived. Say, since this is the final battle between good and evil and all that, the emperor's preparations seem fairly rushed. You'd expect more care to have been taken in keeping that shield intact, for example. Also, since his grand scheme is to turn Luke Skywalker to the dark side of the force, isn't he trying to kill him too soon after Luke offers some resistance?

>implying he is wrong

literally every single day since last december

idiots replying to eachother with copypastas, and the fucking same overused opinions

time to move on

The prequels are infused with a bold vision of artistic profundity that eclipses the likes of generic sci-fi movies of recent times. The streamlining process that has begun to creep into the production of every slightly sci-fi-y tinged movie has created an amorphous blob of mediocrity and blandness. The prequels deliver a basic premise of good vs. evil but do it so by utilizing characters that are endowed with humanity. Aside from the storytelling aspect the prequels stand strong on all fronts, from writing, cinematography and set pieces that truly immerse you into a fantastic world full of wonder and awe. It is infinitely unfortunate that this behemoth of a film project is marred by the majority of the populace's inability to assess the genius and lack of intelligence. One can only hope that in eons to come, evolution will have worked in ways as to ensure and maximize the distribution of the gene that thrives in the intellectual minority of our time so that future generations and civilizations will be able to grasp the grandeur of the prequels and see behind the masquerading illusion that is reddit.

>Originals are goofier
>Prequels have a Jamaican fish person
>Prequels have lines like "from my point of view the Jedi are evil"

At least they are better than TFA, which killed my soul.
Nice pasta, I'm gonna use this to troll Cred Forums at a later date

The prequels were much better written, they had actual characters and story, not a bunch of memes and one-liners that lack any emotion or coherence. Luke is a cliched everyboy "hero" that goes through an absurdly rapid transformation between the fifth and the sixth episodes. Anakin's emotional instability and his exposure as a psychopath are gripping; and his doomed relationship with Padme is touching. In the "original trilogy" Han, Leia, Darth Vader and Obi Wan are complete meme characters, nothing about them is remotely believable or human. And why doesn't anyone care about deaths in those movies? Leia's planet destruction, Luke's stepparents' death, all of the blown up rebels--the list could go on--all the deaths are forgotten moments later.

As for direction, the movies from the "original trilogy" were mostly incoherent, badly edited and full of logical problems. The prequel trilogy is a work of a "vulgar auteur".

I feel neutral about the series overall, and honestly don't care about trolling or contrarianism. Here are my sincere rankings:

1. "Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones"
2. "Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace"
3. "Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith"
4. "Star Wars"
5. "The Empire Strikes Back"
6. "Return of the Jedi"
8. "The Force Awakens"

Episode 7 isn't even a Star Wars movies. It is a Marvel flick masquerading as one.

buuuuuurp, fart fart faaaart

OFFICIAL STAR WARS ORDER BEST TO WORST

Empire Strikes Back> A New Hope> Return of the Jedi> Revenge of the Sith> The Phantom Menace> Attack of the Clones> The Force Awakens

If you think otherwise you need to gas yourself. Also, the Clone Wars series was pretty cool imo.

>his doomed relationship with Padme is touching.
Fuck no their relationship was the most boring shit ever and had no believable chemistry.

Jesus user, opinions are opinions but I just don't know how you can sit through the prequels more than once. And AoTC as number one? NOOOOO

Revenge of the Sith as the worst prequel? Fuck no that's the best prequel! Anakin shows his dark side, there are some cool fights, the Emperor actually is the Emperor, there are some ACTUAL TOUCHING MOMENTS.

I don't even know whether you are trolling but my jimmies have flown out the window.

youtube.com/watch?v=RlQt8_dfIRU

Like what you like user but I never want to watch those CGI-ridden, terribly written, terribly acted, terribly directed films ever again. Lucas went mad with power, and even he knew he fucked it up.

"Jar Jar is the key to all this"

faaaaart belch belch fart

5>>>>7>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>2

I out TFA above phanton..but is a good list

TFA is a better film, but it is utterly pointless and is just a worse "A New Hope". Therefore it goes below the prequels for me because at least they had fun moments.

I wonder where Rogue One will go.

Rating TFA as anything but last....
Soulless cashgrabbing piece of shit, unenjoyable unless it's the first star wars movie you see and you're below 10

Jesus you really fucked that up

Memes aside the real order is

5>6>4>>>>>>>>>>

Look at the picture, this man is an obvious troll

The truth is actually

5>4>6>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>7

kys before your autism can be passed to future generations.
I know, fat chane, but lets not risk it.

look the prequels are movies for adults

the original trilogy is for childhooh minds

that's all

Those were all good tho