Just finished watching Gone Girl, I don't get it what kind of message are we supposed to derive...

Just finished watching Gone Girl, I don't get it what kind of message are we supposed to derive? That it's okay for women to lie and cheat on their husbands because they got cheated on? Movie left so many plot holes open, no one questioned her not showing any signs of pregnancy? She comes out 2 months later and announces she is expecting again? What the fuck is this movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

birthmoviesdeath.com/2015/01/13/film-crit-hulk-smash-dialogues-gone-girl-and-the-maybe-art-of-post-feminist
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alienation_of_affections
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

meant to say lie and murder. Not lie and cheat on their husbands. And also fuck yea Emily Ratijowski or w/e any sane man would drop everything for that fine piece of ass.

>message
There's no message. There's no red pill or feminist agenda. It's just a fun thriller made by reptilians.

the message is that women are super smart and could do literally anything if so motivated and the media would take their side for literal reasons. Just ignore all the reasons this isn't true and the mountain of evidence against amy for premeditated murder.

Her story is complete bullshit, anyone with a brain could trace back the dates and times of all the stuff she bullshits on. The house with 50+ cameras and no date/time stamps?

>thinks it's feminist propaganda
You retard. It's clear that the movie was not only about how easy it is for a woman to destroy a man's life over some menial bullshit, but also on media portrayal and how it is always extremely one sided and loves to paint a very black and white picture of issues.

>what kind of message are we supposed to derive?

people believe what they want' to believe, sometimes you really just have to be fake to get through it all. it's easier to fake a smile then deal with the reality.

OR IS IT

there you go, you big baby.

This guy got it.

The only person that questioned the wife's story was the female cop and she was quickly shut down by her superiors because "MUH fragile traumatized woman! We must believe everything she says without seeing if her story checks out"

Exactly. When Affleck tried asking the cop a simple question about her story not making sense the cop replies "Just be happy your wife's back."

>That it's okay for women to lie and cheat on their husbands because they got cheated on?
How the fuck did you come to that conclusion?

The movie is about two psychopaths finally finding true love

Why does there have to be a message? Why not just let it be what it is, a story.

> Get cheated on
> menial bullshit
Top cuck.

>what kind of message are we supposed to derive
Never ever marry.

It's a movie made so /r9k/ can rationalize why they don't have a girlfriend.

why does everything have to give a message?

it doesnt *have* to be you retarded apes, it just has. it's literally impossible to do anything without any intent let alone tell a story holy shit how can Cred Forums be so retarded

>it's ok for women to lie..because they got cheated on?
>any sane man would drop everything for that piece of ass

So in your mind the moral is it's ok for men to cheat and women can't be upset over that

>watching fincher
>expecting depth

You got finch'd

This. Fincher is the king of shallow popcorn airport-fiction thrillers.

its written by a woman, so deleting things makes them go away forever.

>written by a woman
Huh...really makes the 'ol neurons fire up

We don't know the full deal with him wanting to be with the younger girl. Sure it's not right, but to go as far to try to set your husband up for murder, and then to actually kill someone.

Of course. It's a ridiculous story. But she didn't start to hate him unprovoked.

I think the film's marriage criticisms fall apart once the fake murder is revealed. From that point on he's too sympathetic just because he's the wrong man being framed. Before that he looked like as much of an ass as she did a frigid bitch

> be a NEET loser
> live off your succesful wife's money
> force her to buy you a house and a bar and move far away
> cheat on her with a literally stupid teenage slut
> somehow she finds it in herself to look past all this, but decide you're going to leave her on the day of your anniversary

Am I the only one who think's she literally did nothing wrong?

Are you a woman?

What I found funny is that a lot of people who consider themselves MRA loved the movie as it showed a man being the victim, so a bunch of internet critics had to say that the movie was unrealistic and shit.

birthmoviesdeath.com/2015/01/13/film-crit-hulk-smash-dialogues-gone-girl-and-the-maybe-art-of-post-feminist

EXACTLY. i swear to god i was gonna say the same thing. only a bitch would be dumb enough to think something thats not more than a personal insult is worth killing over.

the womans brain is fucking warped.

She could've worked it out instead of fucking his life over.

No

Okay how about this
> Be you, beta faggot extrodinair
> Eventually forge a successful career making a fuck ton of money
> Find a qt wife and marry her
> A week after the wedding she stops working and expects you to support her
> She starts getting fat, lazy, and insuferable
> She wastes all your money on frivolous shit and guilt trips you into moving somewhere you hate
> Guilt trips you into funding her brother's retarded small business that's a complete money sink
> Then one day after a busy day of actually working, you see her coming out of a bar and fuck a nigger behind the dumpster
> Because you actually believe in the sanctity of marriage, you STILL want to work things out
> After all of this she wants to LEAVE YOU, and refuses to do so

Only a fucking beta cuck would let it get to this point and not murder her.

>dont stick you dick in crazy
if youre really looking for a message. Its pretty noticable early on shes crazy or has crazy tendencies. Hit it and quit it

really its just a scary/true crime movie where the women is the bad guy. It'd be like having a women find out her husband is a manipulative serial killer

No, I'd just divorce her and leave her pretty much penniless and move on since I have a good lawyer and I'm successful.

that shit you wrote was fucking dumb. it wreaks of people riddled with character flaws. i wont poke holes in what you wrote ill aim at the character.

if she had an ounce of self respect she'd have just left him when things got rocky. but no she sticks around and bitches about it like women like to do. then he cheats. and instead of handling it like EVERY REASONABLE PERSON ON THE PLANET HAS TO. she comes up with a retarded to plot and kills someone in the process.

im not saying its a bad movie. its a flick about a bat-shit cunt. but dont try to rationalize her lunatic behavior. all youre really saying is its okay for people to not know how to handle when things dont go their way and thats a huge part of whats wrong with people these days. fucking pampered kids never got told no and lose their fucking minds when the world isnt a fairy tale. dont make excuses for that whore. shes nuts.

> leave her pretty much penniless and move on since I have a good lawyer

> implying that's how it works

This. Seriously. People who go ''huurrrrr Imma murder, it's the only solution'' are fucking retarded.

If your significant other is fucking around with someone else, then it's your responsibility to keep them enticed and interested in you.
I mean, if she's fucking a nigger, you're obviously not pleasing her. Work for it goddamn it. Not everything has to fall on your lap randomly.

If you took a picture of her cheating on you. You automatically win the divorce.

i think it was more of the bad effect media has for getting involved in cases such as this. it twists things around.

Just like the OJ case only instead of beingabout a black person being a victim it was a woman.

>taking the women's side
>not a cuck
lol

I've actually wondered about the super smart powerful woman angle. In the movie she gets outwitted and mugged by a bunch of southern hicks who make a complete mockery of her. I'm not sure if this was supposed to be commentary, I don't know why no one brings this up while talking about the movie. Yeah sure the media and all the people following the case on tv get played hard by her, but a bunch of random nobodies can see through her shit when she's actually around people

I'm not saying what she did was right either; it was obviously an extreme overreaction.
However, women sour after 30, and he wasted her time and stole her youth.
You're a literal cuckold if you feel nothing after a betrayal like that.

She was not letting herself go, she was still blowing and fucking him, she was still letting him be a lazy mooch. She was the only one in the relationship working for it at all, but the only thing he wanted was barely legal teenage pussy. I'm not saying what she did was right, but he obviously pushed her to that point.

Except that's completely wrong.

I'm pretty sure it just shows that she was sheltered her whole life and while she is smart, she's insanely gullible. And if she didn't get robbed, she wouldn't have had a reason to come back. At the first sign of trouble, she runs back into the arms of a man.
Strong independent woman not so strong when shit gets hard.

If a man has nowhere to go and has no money, what would he do? He'd get fucked.
If a woman has nowhere to go and has no money, what would she do? Just find some guy to smooch.

Beauty and sexuality is a tool women can use that men cannot. It's a valid tool imo.

>win the divorce.

Then you hand them 50% of everything you worked for and you get to pay them alimony while they sit on their ass complaining about not getting more $.

>She was not letting herself go, she was still blowing and fucking him, she was still letting him be a lazy mooch. She was the only one in the relationship working for it at all, but the only thing he wanted was barely legal teenage pussy. I'm not saying what she did was right, but he obviously pushed her to that point.
She still should've confronted him about it and made double the effort then.

Love is two sided. If a person has to look elsewhere for something they're lacking, you're missing something.

>he obviously pushed her to that point.
I'm also not saying he has no part in his path to hell but no amount of cheating is worth what he got.

youre a psychopath who deserves to be executed if thats how you handle your problems. once again, decent movie, but shes totally indefensible. he did real world shit to her. she did fucking looney toons psycho shit to him.

Some states allow you to sue the person that your spouse cheated with for destroying your marriage.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alienation_of_affections

>people saying "it's just a thriller"

If you think the movie is a thriller it's gone over your head. It's a comedy; a satire on modern marriage and modern relationships.

People are so obsessed with creating the 'perfect life' and this includes finding a spouse and getting married. It's become a game. People will happily (and almost unknowingly) pretend to be the person that their significant other wants them to be. It's easy to keep up at the start, and it's fun because you're in love. But eventually your true self is going to show through.

Gone Girl is, at it's core, the story of why every marriage fails. It's just presented as a satire. It's a completely insane, over-the-top example of why more than 50% of marriages fail. It takes this reason and it amplifies it to a crazy ridiculous degree, and we end up with a wild comedy disguised as a thriller.

>That it's okay for women to lie and cheat on their husbands because they got cheated on?
Is the average Cred Forums poster this retarded?

It's "Don't trust thots"