Do you consider The Force Awakens canon?

Do you consider The Force Awakens canon?

When watching the original triology, do you think like "Man, Han Solo is such a badass, to bad he gets killed by his faggot son when he is old"?

Disney is not canon

i treat it like the prequels, i dont think about it. when i watch the original i ignore all the shit that was contradicted by the prequels and i ignore all the shit that is ruined later on by TFA.

After loving star wars for 30 years. This shit killed it for me. I'll watch them at some point but i'll never pay for a new star wars movie again.

More canon than the prequels.

It's definitely more canon than prequels.

Sure. Why not?

Episode 1 is best prequel by far.

Any movie without George Lucas' input isn't canon.

No Based George, no canon. Don't fucking care about the rights or shit. To me it will just be fan-fiction from here on out

I don't know, am I supposed to care enough to worry if it is or not?

I enjoyed the OT, the prequels were trash and I doubt I'll watch them again, I still enjoy the OT.

TFA was pretty meh, and too reliant on being a soft reboot or whatever you want to call it, I doubt I'll watch it again, I still enjoy the OT.

should I stop liking the OT because I didn't enjoy different movies, is that what fanboy autism is?

No George Lucas, therefore not canon.
TFA is literally fan-fiction.

Legends cannon is my cannon. The SWCU can suck a fuck.

Revan > Rey

>do you think like "Man, Han Solo is such a badass

Not really. He was always more like George Lucas's heavily sanitized idea of a pirate/smuggler and just when you thought it couldn't get feebler it turned out Greedo fired first.

Star Wars began in 1977 and ended in 1983. End of story.

Episode III was the best SW film, and everything else was shit except for V. Fight me

>Fight me
I would but people frown on beating up children.

TFA is a parody of Star Wars

>I would but people frown on beating up children.
Not where I'm from, pussy.

Wait, there are other Star Wars movies?!

Geoge Lucas had a story planned and they threw it out.

Disney has the right to print the SW logo on their fanfic without being sued. That's all they have.

No Based George, no canon.

No, Star Wars is six movies. Good and bad, six and six only.

It's weird because I've never been able to consider any post-ROTJ stories valid. Especially the ones with the OT cast. It just never feels right.

PT extended canon stuff is usually pretty great, or at least better than those movies.

I guess Empire and Return aren't cannon either.

Anyone have trouble watching the original sextet? It just feels pointless knowing it was all for nothing and all the themes and messages from the first 6 GL flicks are now meaningless.

George created all 6 movies dumbass.

Director=/= creator

no even the prequels are better

no because theres a beginning and an end

rey is fucking shit and daisy is the worst actress besides jlaw

Short answer? Yes. Long answer I find the connective tissue between the OT, canon novels and the new movies to be immensely satisfying and it enhances my viewing of the OT.

And to you prequelfags, George lost the plot as soon as his screenplay and writers weren't involved in the process. Lawrence Kasdan passed the buck for Christ sake.

Chuck? Is that you?

kek kasdan had zero plot in tfa

Nah it's Cuck Wendig.

So all of the Han Solo plot was written by Good Goy J.J? I bet you most of the significant plot developments came from Kasdan.

How they treat Luke will be my deciding factor. I want master Skywalker pushing some shit in, not old Ben or Yoda wise old man schtick. I want pissed off Luke either being a villain in an explainable way or just being a badass Jedi Master wrecking everything. Force choke a necessity

Kylo and Finn were the only decent characters and actors. Oscar Isaac was wasted and Ridley was wooden.

TFA already ruined Luke and Ruined Star Wars.

The point of Star Wars after all six movies was that the Jedi order fell because of their outdated philosophies. Among them, romance being forbidden, which becomes their downfall when Anakin is forced to turn to Palpatine with his fear of Padme's death after Palps manipulates him into not trusting the Jedi.
The Jedi essentially kill themselves by being afraid of what they perceive as the dark side.

Before we get to how my final point, lets notice a moment of pottery.
-in episode 2 we see the (arguably) original divergent point in Anakin's life where he starts down the path that leads to destruction.
It's when he disobey's the council by going back to Tattooine to save an attachment, in this case his mother. This leads to him slaughtering the Sandpeople. Rage.
Now we come to Luke.
In episode 5, Luke makes the same choice as Anakin, he betrays the council (Yoda and Obi) to go rescue his own attachments, in this case Han and Leia.
But the difference is that he hadn't been poisoned by the Jedi's sterile lifestyle.
Yoda says
>if you leave now help them you could, but you would destroy all that you have worked for

Now notice when we start the final film, Return of The Jedi, Luke is wearing black.
He has married light and dark.
He has attachments, and he is not torn between them and the order because their is no order. Luke is a new breed of Jedi.
He's a Jedi as they should have been.
Under Luke's philosophy, Anakin would not have been driven insane with fear and guilt.

Star Wars is the story of the Jedi finding redemption.

*record scratch*
*freeze frame*
>hi i'm JJ abrams

>Luke and his entire order got rekt by a little Anakin 2.0 kid offsscreen in between movies and Luke ran and hid on a rock in the ass end of nowhere just because we need him to be the hermit Obi Wan character because money even though it ruins Luke, and it ruins Star Wars.

*post post ironic mic drop*

>watching the hd releases
Holy shit they turned IV in badtremors. Adding exteriors in V was a good idea but the execution looked fucking horrible most of the times.
Shame because everything from the original movies looks great

According to leaks, it seems more like Luke will be powerful but still generally a sad old man who has severely lost his idealism and wants his nephew dead. And Rey's job will probably be to restore his faith. Which I guess means she kicks Kylo's ass until he redeems himself.

If the orange thing is in it I'm not watching it. Besides that I don't really care. Luke better not just be Ben 2.0 and actually do something rad

What?

Why was it soooo forgetable? I don't remember any of their names and I don't remember what the hell they were trying to do. It felt utterly soulless.

Luke seems to be protecting/trying to find something, not hiding. Apparently he's at the first Jedi temple which apparently Kylo wants too because he's specifically looking for the map to that area, not necessarily Luke.

And I don't get how Luke's nephew fucking up destroys his story from the OT. Who says he wasn't bringing up his new Jedi generation to have his same philosophy? Something had to go wrong of there's no story to be told. Also we'll obviously see what happened to him and the Jedi in VIII. We didn't need to see it before because it's not Luke's movie.

>Something had to go wrong of there's no story to be told.
more like
>whoops this movie was beyond rushed and we don't care about respecting the OT so we just left that bit in there that Jeremy from accounting made up after work one day

>Rey is, in fact, the teacher
>Rey is so amazing that she teaches Luke how to be Luke again

This will go over well. I can hear the whining now.

The EU fucks with the OT's happy ending in a similar way. If you want the story to involve those characters, something has to go wrong and tension has to form. Otherwise they'd just show up to essentially be badass sidekicks with no real connection to the story. There was no other way to do a sequel trilogy unless the OT characters never showed up or there wasn't a sequel trilogy at all. Both of which are valid desires but it is what it is.

This is the reason people like Kyle from the video games.

How the fuck did luke survive the fall at the end of the fifth film???

the force he fell into a chute all nicely

>This will go over well. I can hear the whining now.

And it would be justified.

Honestly? No. Canon or not, I don't consider it a Star Wars film.

Though I like the franchise, I'm not a diehard nerd who will declare Jihad on anyone who doesn't think the OT is an untouchable masterpiece.

I didn't like TFA, because it doesn't FEEL like a Star Wars film. The camerawork, the fight scenes, lack of music in places where there should have been some(notice the fight between Finn and TR-8R is totally silent), the dialogue, make it feel more like a Sci-Fi action movie than a Star Wars movie. Even that silent intro of Rey living on Tato-IMEANJAKKU isn't like anything in the other six movies.

I wish we got The Old Republic movies instead.

I don't consider it canon at all and I refuse to believe Han died like such a bitch and Leia was more concerned with Rey's feelings than Chewies.

Yes, the old republic was perfect.
Revans story felt really star wars like, despite beeing different from lukes story.
Meanwhile, TFA is just a cheap rehash of Episode IV

Yeah Bioware are the masters of original stories and never rehash anything.

MY NIGGA.

I only consider the OT and TPM as canon.