Is Tokyo as nice as Lost in Translation makes it seem?

Is Tokyo as nice as Lost in Translation makes it seem?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zXIsRohjd7w
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If you've got dough, sure.

It's a beautiful city, but how you'll be treated by the japs depends on your race desu

how would a nigger be treated?
how would a white be treated?

>white
Like a god
>nigger
Like a nigger

Ya brah.

I hit up Roppongi clubs on the reg and Im always leaving with some killer tight Jap vaj.

Manlets everywhere make it easy to cuck these Japs like it was post World War II.

It's more cramped than NYC but doesn't smell as bad

>posting a movie related question is bad

>Like a god

Lmao you really are delusional. White people, specially americans are treated like retards in Tokyo

t. nigger

WHITO PIGU GO HOME

My bros in Okinawa would beg to differ. Chicks are looser than a goose.

Is Tokyo as bad as Enter The Void makes it seem?

LiT was not about Tokyo being nice or not. If you thought that was the point then you completely missed it by a mile. The strange foreign world simply serves as a backdrop for the isolation that the two characters feel.

if they only speak english yeah. if they make an attempt at japanese than they are treated the same

False. I went to tokyo wearing my billionaire boys club jacket and random people kept praising my BBC

the movie captures the inaccessibility and idiosyncrasy of the city pretty well. I spent months in China and Tokyo this year, and I felt far more locked out in Tokyo.

>americans are treated like retards

That's really not unique to Japan though.

Watch this while on LSD. The DMT sequence is one of the realest things Ive ever seen with my third eye. Deems, man.

Wait until you try DMT.

Also, why are people still watching films when taking psychedelics?

I'm white and speak fluent Japanese and visit tokyo twice every three months. They are very friendly and helpful to white people. I'm 6'8" so I always feel awkward but they love tall people

Don't let them fool you, they're talking and laughing behind your ugly back.

I can only speak for myself, but they seem to like Germans, Italians and English people.

Yes I'm sure they are autist.

I've visited tokyo a few times and i've noticed that Japanese people are quite racist, not only to whites but other asians and blacks as well. Just out of curiosity why do you travel to Japan so often?

the law firm I work at has offices in Tokyo and a lot of our clients are Japanese

>but they seem to like Germans and Italians people.

It's truly a mystery

Are you autistic? Where did OP ever imply anything about the "point" of the movie?

delete this

This, they have this thing just for formality and their norms, especially on work. They just tend to keep their opinions on themselves.

I was there for 20 days last April.

1) You don't need "a lot of dough". Day-to-day prices are pretty fair. Cheap food is plentiful and transportation costs are pretty fair.

2) I wouldn't worry about getting hassled or mistreated in Tokyo. Most of the weird racial stuff happens in the boonies outside of major cities. Infact, you will see a lot of tourists/Americans in Tokyo.

3) Yes, it really is as crazy as you would image and fucking glorious.

4) Avoid Shinjuku area trains near rush hour. Shits like a fuckin mad house. Expect to be pushed into trains and ass to elbows with people around you. If you can't stand being squished together with people, this is a warning. Now I understand how people get away with groping n shit over there. You literally can't tell whos touching who.

Forgot to add

5) You can get away without knowing a lick of Japanese. Although knowing even a little will open a lot of doors. All train stations n shit have attendants that can speak some English and all signs are dual Jap/English. Most diners and restuarants will have English or picture menus for foreigners. Just point to what you want with your Amerifat sausage finger.

Only if you can spend $400 a day.

>locked out
Why is that?

Is it true in some places in Japan the yakuza guys are posted up on street corners and since everyone is afraid of them they are lonely and they try to talk to and befriend foreigners?

If this is true do you think I could join a yakuza as a freelance criminal? I want to move to Japan and I also want to be a criminal so this would be the best of both worlds for me.

Can I have your life?

It is quite surreal the first time you go there. Just how fuckin clean and orderly the place is.

I distinctly remember getting off the plane and going into a train hella sleep deprived. Finally getting off our stop in Shinjuku. Come up the stairs into the streets.

Middle of the night, 3:00 AM. Cozy as fuck little street. Street lights, few random people walkin around. Immaculate clean streets... It had just rained and you could see the street light reflections on the street. It was supposed to be some shady back street/alley. But it was the cleanest and safest street I was even on in my life. It felt like I was on a movie set. Shit is really surreal the first time you get there.

I remember I wanted a pack of smokes from a vending machine the second we climbed up the stairs. You apparently need some ID card to use vending machines for cigs. My friend and I were like "fug it, lets just go check in". Just then some jap businessman our age was walking towards us and just swiped his card for us and bounced. Pretty nice desu.

Supposedly Yakuza are very racist, and have ties to Japanese Nationalist groups. BUT I only know this from the internet, so you could be right. Plus there are various different Yakuza groups in Japan, so I suppose there views on foreigners will vary depending on faction and location.

their*

Americas are treated like retards everywhere, they just don't notice it

Japanese are huge into social courtesty and etiquette. Get the etiquette right, you're cold. Ignore it and don't understand it, you'll be treated as rudely as you're treating them.

Americans think Japanese are racist towards them. Nope. It's because Americans are being really rude without knowing it.

Examples?

Singapore is the superior place as far as autistically clean cities go, but it's too modern for any sort of appreciation

>do you think I could join a yakuza as a freelance criminal? I want to move to Japan and I also want to be a criminal so this would be the best of both worlds for me.

That's the trick, it's a million different little things from eye contact to posture to arm gestures, so it's very difficult for foreigners to get right.

I think a counter-example shows the point better. In the U.S. it's very rude to slurp your soup. In Japan it's not rude at all, in fact it's a sign of satisfaction for the meal. If you were going out to eat and some jerk next to you were slurping his soup super loud, you'd get really annoyed by it, right? It's the same feeling if you're Japanese and the guy next to you is getting one of those obscure little bits of etiquette wrong.

I was treated very nicely by everyone. Could it be that americans are just rude and don't try following local etiquette?

The Chinese literally get shot in the head if they don't bend over backwards for you as the Government wants all the tourism bucks they can get, but the Chinks are also some of the biggest scam artists going, will put up prices on you quicker than you can say '3rd world tier con artist' cause they think you are a rich tourist they can fool.

It's nice. It's both cozy and gloriously crazy. Everyone is pretty nice and you can get by with a reasonable amount of money or you can just go to akihabara and make it fucking rain on robots. It's all good fun.

the park hyatt from LiT is in such a terrible spot

Stop spaceposting.
Cred Forums post formatting is typing your post right under the post number with no space.
You, like all the other newfags who can't be bothered to assimilate by lurking are a menace to the site and I will not rest until you either assimilate or everyone knows you're a cunt.
This is the part where you think to yourself 'Gee everyone already knows i'm a cunt and user here already knows i'm a cunt for sure so maybe he'll stop'
Well you're wrong.
Gonna keep going until you hang yourself because I fucking hate people like you
You're honestly a tasteless pleb btw

Yep, same here. Coming from a culturally enriched yuropoor country, it was surreal seeing a place so clean, safe and harmonious. One minute you're visiting a skyscraper and the next there's a shinto shrine dedicated to koi fish or something like that. Nobody throws trash in the street. You can walk any time of the day and you can relax and absorb the experience around you, never feeling threatened. It's probably the only time since I was a babby that I felt that wonderful feeling.

Just walking around and getting lost - to an extent - was the highlight of my experiences in Tokyo and Sapporo. Plus there's always a subway station around or the city has streets named by their coordinates relevant to the city's center, so it's relatively easy to find yourself around.

fuck you

>Is Tokyo as nice as Lost in Translation makes it seem?

watch this
it will teach you about Japanese culture, traditions, and a small amount of their language

it will also give you an explanation why Tokyo would be a great place to visit

autistic much ;)

I find it funny that people see pictures like that and think it's appealing. Literally getting mind fucked by constant advertisements. I'm sure there are nice parts of the city, but really who wants this bullshit or times square?

does that mean you wouldn't care for it?

Tokyo's a lovely, ridiculously big city with tons of shit to do and great food around every corner. Can't wait to go back there at some point. Not even a weeb, but holy shit touring in Japan was a highlight of my travels

I might enjoy it more if I could sip a good Starbucks and take some of my fine new Apple products including my Iphone 7. I take it everywhere.

I forgot to add you can visit most of those places. The shrines and the temples are like parks, with trees and grass and benches and everything. Only small spaces are prohibited, ex. living areas for the monks. You won't believe a place like that exists and that you can visit it.

fuck off, m80

My only warning is that they've done fuck-all about Fukushima. They didn't quarantine as big an area as the International Atomic Agency asked them to (around 100 km, which they rejected and quarantined around 10 km or so) and they've gone on to relax those restrictions even further, despite the land and water and sea having been polluted with iodium and caesium from the broken nuclear reactor. Farming and fishing goes on as if nothing happened. Ex. Fukushima peaches are still widely considered a delicacy across Japan, they're well advertised, bought and consumed. Fukushima is the center of their arable land and the irradiated water for the cleaning area goes into the sea, from which the fish. You get an idea of how they've treated it by referring to the nuclear disaster as the "Great March 11th Earthquake" and not as a world-class nuclear incident. Beware.

not many things are more comfy then a neon lit city on a cold winter night

tokyo is too fucking big. you would have to live there for years to see it all

Funnily enough, most natives that live in Tokyo don't give a shit about that anymore. To the point where they have commented that tourists nowadays are more courtieous than the natives.

Just a big city attitude though. When you go to the small towns, that shit becomes more relevant.

Sounds comfy as fuck. But I find it hard to believe that they don't have crime

definitely seems like it from everything I've seen.

listen to this album while you roam the streets of Tokyo youtube.com/watch?v=zXIsRohjd7w

I'm sure there is. But you never see it. During my 20 days and I was getting antsy just because we didn't see anyone really get flipped out or anything. You would expect to see some strange or loud behavior in a big city.

Now I know why. Some jap was flipping out near a train station and got flanked by like 10 cops instantly. They control the shit out of that.

>tfw you have winter blues/depression
>tfw you randomly decide to watch an anime. end up getting emotionally invested into it
>tfw you have yearnings to visit Japan
>tfw you say "fug it" book a flight and actually go
>tfw walking down an alley during cherry blossom season while listening to the soundtrack of said anime
>tfw you dont know anyone back home to even talk to about anime
>tfw Japan had stores dedicated to it
>tfw get to the store. See one white guy browsing. Lock eyes, each give each other a nod like "yea bro i know"

i didnt know it was possible to feel these feels..

This. You can keep your quiet countryside.

similar to Vegas

that place is a bit much for the average fuck which is why most have to be blasted from wake to sleep on alcohol, I went there when I was 10 (and again as an adult) but the first time blew my mind.

thats a dog!

is that sign saying
>please do not touch Japanese dog
or
>please do not touch
>t. Japanese dog

I loved Tokyo. I hope Japan never gives into cultural enrichment

Is Tokyo as nice as Tokyo Drift makes it seem?

WHAT

A

FUCKING

HOMO

MAANNNN i guarantee you are white

nah. middle-eastern. but i get so little sun that i'm not even brown anymore