Can we get a theater stories thread?

Can we get a theater stories thread?

Ever had any bad or notable experiences?

Yeah, I accidentally went on the no singles days and they make me go into the room and do a penis and cavities inspection because they though I was a terrorist.

I saw the new Turtles 2 there. Food was basically like a TGI Friday's quality, but it was fun being able to page the serving wench whenever I needed a refill, more popcorn or some chicken wings.

I walked into a no singles thread, and got dubs.

The second to last movie I saw in theaters was Mad Max and I went alone in the middle of the day

It was notable because I sat in the back and the only other person in my row was this mexican kid who came in late and then proceeded to browse his phone until leaving halfway through

Yes, I went solo to watch Mad Max in the middle of the day, mucho tiempo atras. The only other person in my fila was this fat gringo who smelled horrible, it was muy asqueroso. He left halfway through the movie tho.

Get off your phone pablo, you were distracting

What is TGI Friday's quality even like? I've never been to one.

Generic chain restaurant food. Basically microwave tier food for an insane markup. Top tier potato skins though.

I valeted my falcon and they lost him.

Did you teach that kid some manners?

>be 15
>with friend watching dark knight
>sit beside two cute girls (seat between us)
>have large coke because free refills are my goy weakness
>put coke on ground
>accidentally kick it over halfway through movie
>luckily it tips away from me, towards the qts
>20 minutes later, hear one of girls say "what the fuck?" as she's reaching down to her purse
>snicker and bolt out of there as soon as movie ends

It was much better the one time I had it in Dublin, and the milkshake was so good I could cry.

>be 14
>go to see flick with friends
>cant remember what it was, but we liked it
>it's like 10:30 as we exit the screening room and enter the lobby
>two fat black girls are standing by the empty concessions stand
>"I WANT A MOTHAFUCKIN REFILL"
>shes fucking screaming
>one of them hops the counter
>look to see if any employees are coming, but the area's still clear
>she fills up her fucking XXL cup with coke
>other girl speaks up
>"GET ME SOME OF THAT MOTHAFUCKIN POPCORN"
>friends get scared of the black girls so they force us to leave
>mfw i'll never know if she stole popcorn, too

I got a hand job while watching inherent vice...and almost during birdman till i told her to knock it off im trying to watch the movie.

I saw rugrats the movie and the fire alarm went off....Thats about all the significant stories I have for theater experiences.

I had a girl squeeze my balls very hard while attempting to get me off during a showing of The Fault in Our Stars. I took her home immediately after.

But I've worked at a theater for years now, I have countless stories of retarded and autistic people being morons

Saw tmnt at the theater and the movie froze. We got free tickets to any movie. I still have mine and theres no expiration date on the ticket

Yeah we do that a lot at the theater for projector issues. Take advantage of it!

My dad tells people to shut the fuck up most of the time we go together. Its pretty funny watching him get mad.

This was way back when (like 2000-2002) the local multiplex would be extremely busy on a friday night, they didn't rip tickets, and they gave refunds no questions asked up to 30 minutes into the movie. So a bunch of us would go on a friday, get tickets, get into the theatre and then someone would go and refund the majority of the tickets, and then sneak back in. It worked nearly every time and I'm surprised that policy lasted so long, because I know for a fact there where multiple groups doing this every weekend, not just us.

>friends get scared of the black girls so they force us to leave
Your friends sound like pussies, I hope you gave them hell for that.

>Oh noes user, that porch monkey is stealing coke! We better go!

Are you sure you're not confusing Fridays for Applebees? Fridays is god-tier.

>tfw working at a movie theater
Been at a Regal for about a month now, ask me anything.

Sneezed and diarrhead my pants watching Jason Bourne.

Had to go to the bathroom and take off my underwear.

How are Medea showings?

I went to see the Avengers with my girl and she couldn't stop rubbing my dick and putting my hands on her tits. I said pls stop, I want to watch the flick and she can suck my dick on the drive home but she just rub my nipples. So I said fuck it, let's go find a hotel room right now. The movie was ok 5.5/10.

Why did you specify working for Regal? Is there some difference between them as opposed to Lowes or AMC?

What position? I've been a manager at a Marcus for 3+ years, shit is zany every day

Not out yet, m8. But more people acknowledge the poster than I'd thought. Notably white people.

Protip, you can typically find hotel rooms in hotels.

Madea movies do really well at my theater. Lots of black people show up for them, it's really interesting. Strangely enough, we sell the most nachos and fruit punch during that time as well.

I had a chance to work at an AMC as a server, but I got the Regal job first. The AMC looked a lot nicer.
I've done concessions once, but mainly door and usher.

Create your own theater story today at your local amc theater where with your stubs card it's all day matinee pricing.

how do you guys clean the restrooms? does someone come in to clean the whole place down or does a manager bark orders for different people at different times to switch things to do?

I ask because I'm a Jnaitor and ever sense getting the job I notice the smallest details to cleanliness

Manager at a theater reporting here. Typically, ushers are supposed to check and maintain that the bathrooms look semi-neat every hour, although if we're busy this never happens, and becomes like once or twice a shift.

We have cleaning crew of shitty mexicans that come in when we're closed and clean the lobby, theatres, and bathrooms, although it's often mediocre and basically all they do is quickly mop and make sure there's enough toilet paper

> Be me, 20, want to see the Big Short with my girl
> Go to local Marc Cuban TM Cinaplextravagansharktank
> Black guy at concession counter doesn't even offer to fuck my girlfriend
> whatever just get 40 crablegs
> Find seats in the front row before previews, stay attentive
> previews start
> hear scream from two rows back after third preview, dive to the floor instinctively
> just in time.jpg I avoid the darts shooting out at head level
> Gf doesn't make it but I catch the bucket of crab legs before it hits the floor
> sit back in seat
> movie starts
> forget to lift feet off floor at the half hour mark, lose right foot
> take out my lighter, use crab legs as fuel to build a fire and cauterize the wound
> lol why does Steve Carrell even try?
> on the way out make hot eye contact with a qt3.14 whose boyfriend bled out after losing his foot
> exchange numbers
> all in all 3/10 day 10/10 movie I love Ryan Gosling

We check every half hour, but thankfully it's never been that bad. Yet.

I was the only one on a sunday night when Tree of Life came out. Given it was at an arthouse theatre in a relatively non-artsy community, but it was still cool. I kept looking behind me though because I can't stand a small fright.

hmm, that's unfortunate. With the LA Rams right now and if something isn't spotless we get shit on for it. Guess it makes a difference if you like your job and want your business to do well or if you are just there because.
Of the 9 original people we fired 5 people in the first week. If you're lazy, don't be a janitor

I started making turd hammocks whenever the movie is bad so the theater knows to stop playing it

>Go to local cinema to see a flick
>it's just like this pic
>I smuggled in some bacon cheeseburgers from the local MacDonalds
>Find my bed in the theater and settle in for the flick
>When its close to the time for the previews to start, all the beds have a couple in them.
>I'm the only single
>The mandatory make out notice comes up on the screen saying "all couples must comply"
>the room is quickly filled with passionate smooching
>suddenly I hear "sir?!"
>I look to my side and see a theater employee
>"This is a no singles area, you'll need to come with me."
>I freeze, I don't know what to do
>He says "Sir, you need to vacate this bed immediately"
>I can't move out of fear, I drop my burger
>Someone in the back shouts "INSPECT HIS PENIS"
>Soon the whole theater is chanting it
>shamefully I lower my pants
>They see my micro penis
>laughter fills the hall
>The employee shakes his head in astonishment as I cry and leaves
>He comes back a few minutes later and hands me a cardboard cutout of Melissa McCarthy from Ghostbusters
>"It's the best I can do, I better not catch you alone here again."
>The smooching resumes amid occasionally giggles in the theater in my direction
>I have to cuddle the cut out for the rest of the flick, while the employee stands off to the side and makes sure I do
>The flick was only ok

yeah there was no hot water in the showers.

I always sit in the back row

I live in the headquarters town. My friend does tech support and maintains servers. Do you work in TN?

that's not that bad. If he wants to make a real mess he should fuck with behind the toilet on the ground, people have to bend down into the cramped space and clean it by hand

Oh my kek

Leave a note next time to let them know your motive.

lets hear some

Nope.

>watching Captain America Winter Soldier
>scene where agent whoever describes the drones targeting citizens
>bipolar dude: "OBAMA IS REALLY DOING THIS THIS IS WHAT THE GOVERNMENT IS PLANNING!!"
>in America, so everyone starts running out the theater
>on the way out, I look behind me to see the gun or whatever and see the bipolar guys dad trying to calm his son

The only theatre in my small city when I was a child had bats flying in the middle of the screening.
They also took very seriously the government's movie ratings. I could never see "Tales from the crypt" movie because I was under 18.
One of the first memories I have from movies is me asking out loud to my mom "what is a diaphragm?", because a detective in the movie we where watching was saying that the victim got her diaphragm removed. I dont know what movie was that, or how old I was. I'm 30 now.

Jokes on you, I lie to the managers and tell them that the good movies are the ones you want to stop playing.

They went easy on you. When I was an usher my boss used to enforce the no-singles policy with force. I would've been fired if he'd caught me doing that.

One time my wife was giving a handy to the black guy sitting next to her and his jizz squirted right into her son's extra large nachos

>be me
>Hunger Games opening friday
>decide to get high as fuck with two bros
>get dropped off and sneak into the back of the theater and start ripping clouds from water bottle bong
>feelsgoodman.png
>go to theater
>buy tickets
>buy large popcorn and soda
>walk into theater and find seats at the towards the top towards a group of a pajeets and black wimmin
>friend somehow has a plastic spoon in his pocket and starts launching popcorn and candy from the seat
>ohboyherewego.jpg
>start throwing handfuls of candy and popcorn at people in front
>niggresses and pajeets start laughing with us and encouraging us to continue
>multiple people get up and complain but nothing happens
>I begin to find that the movie sucks and I'm almost out of popcorn
>stand up and throw my remaining popcorn at everyone below and scream "This movie fucking sucks" and run out of the theater
>I walk out casually as staff move in with hearing the commotion
>leave theater to go Qdoba, order a fat burrito and sit towards the back and wait to get picked up
>friends didn't get in trouble, no one ratted, ended up blacking out drunk at 4 am in my m8's basement covered in doritos

Good times.

Only notable experience was when I saw Batman Begins with my 4 yo brother. He was pretty well behaved and didn't let out a peep but when it got to the end kiss he just went "EWWWWWW" super loud and the whole crowd just laughed.

Man that sounds awesome. I wish I caught ToL when it was in the theaterals.

fuck off dumb normie

Oh boy, I gotta a story.

I went out with some girl to go see Straight Outta Compton, she lived in South LA (where I worked at the moment) so she suggested that we go to a local theatre. I hesitated but said why not, I picked her up and drove there. But, before that she suggested we take a couple shots of Fireball because why not. We did, and in a oh so retarded masculine moment of mine took too many than I'm used too. Well, we went in, it was about....90% blacks. And for this movie, the girl and I were the only non-blacks there. I'm pretty fucking pasty (can pass for white, she was mexican) and I already felt a bit un nerved but the alcohol was kicking in so I didn't mind too much. Well the movie started and from the moment it did I sensed that the crowd was rowdy as fuck, they were cheering and yelling, some even "claimed their set". It wasn't anything I was used too, but the rowdyness was infectious and I was also hollering. Fast forward 30 minutes into the movie i'm pretty sloshed and am basically talking to this guy next to me about BLM and racists cops, at one point we were even booing the cops on screen. It was awful, I don't know what came over me. I literally got BLACKED.

Anyways, thankfully the girl sensed something was up and we left early, she actually had to drive us back to her place since she sensed I was wasted.

It seriously hurt to type this, I've never told my friends.

>>walk into theater and find seats at the top near a group of a pajeets and black wimmin**

Fixed

This. At least here in Nippon TGI is high quality but overpriced.

Love the buffalo wings.

you had fun with the negro nothing wrong with it as long as you keep it on the down low

>be 13
>in the theater about to watch Asterix and the olympic games
>20 minutes into the movie i start to feel horny
>just recently discovered fapping
>spread my legs and whip out my dick
>lean my legs on the seats in front of me where my cousins were sitting
>start jerking off
>ejaculate on my bare stomach
>proceed to watch the movie

Worst part is I wasn't even looking at some half-naked chick or anything, i was just watching a race scene or action scene or something

>I had fun once and it was awful

Get back to work Kenn.

>watch Pete's Dragon
>pissed that all the threads about it here are HURR LE THICCCC but whatever
>watch movie
>cry within the first 5 or so minutes when Pete gets lost in the woods and finds Elliot
>cry more times throughout the flick
>movie ends
>hands have tears and sweat
>watched it on 3D, have to return the glasses
>qt on the door is picking them up
>give it to 'er
>cringe at myself because my wet hand touched a qt grill and when I said "thanks" I kinda kept standing there
>wanna get out
>run through the hallway making noise
>turn around, qt is staring at my autism because there's barely any people in my room so she wasn't busy with anyone
>leave

I went to see Sin City 2 on a Tuesday afternoon, assuming I would be the only one and enjoy three empty theatre. There was one other guy there who ruined the environment for me and turned sin city into a 7/10 instead of an 8

>This is normal behavior in France

Because he gets to ride the Regal coaster.

I try to sit in the very middle so I get the best sound and visual.
It was. Now I envy rich people with their own personal theater. I live in the bible belt so Sunday night usually offers very few to no people.

>Go see deadpool
>Just came from work so we were all in the front part
>Drunk rednecks snuck in more liquor
>Some kid down the row takes out his phone to do a instagram/facebook thing and says some cliche thing to get us all to yell for his panorama
>Yell "Go fuck your selfie
>Rednecks guffaw and offer booze
I don't yell out shit until somebody does a stupid thing. I did do color commentary for my friends and the people around us when we went to Avatar the last air bender. That movie was terrible for us all.

Kill yourself you stupid normie