What do you think about actors using their fame and influence to convince audiences to vote how they want them to?

What do you think about actors using their fame and influence to convince audiences to vote how they want them to?
Seems pretty irresponsible if you ask me.

Case in point: Johnny Depp
youtube.com/watch?v=cfeF2iYb9f8

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XT5wZuBxDuM
businessinsider.com/russia-internet-trolls-and-donald-trump-2016-7
youtube.com/watch?v=-7-dAmdy-JE
gvsu.edu/wgs/what-can-i-do-with-a-degree-in-69.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=qOH9trJLedk
zimbio.com/Famous Republicans/articles
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3455296/Hillary-Clinton-s-campaign-paid-celebrity-supporter-Katy-Perry-70-000-event-production.html
youtube.com/watch?v=6dw7jHHZrQk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I was about to ask what retards would vote based on what some moron from movies or television thinks, then I realized that's pretty much Trump's whole platform.

I'm okay with it; free speech and all. Not that I give a shit what their opinions are.

isn't every celebrity saying to vote hillary though?

Matt Damon is related to Hillary

Actors are literal puppets. (((They))) only let them take 1 position any way. Do anything other than that, and you'll be black listed.

Yeah, they are. Because they're virtue signalling to keep their jobs and status in libtard Hollywood. What they do inside the voting booth is another matter.

((()))

Reddit go away.

you really corrected the record.

you must be very proud of yourself.

With that logic, Trump is a puppet too.

>1 position
same position, why would there be a difference?

to be fair there are only two positions anyway

Trump got fired from showbiz.

I don't vote or care.

But actors are preening phonies, and are straight up controlled by their overlords.

One.

>people aren't allowed to endorse or support candidates I don't like

You really corrected the record again

Why do you keep saying that you fucking Cred Forumscuck?

youtube.com/watch?v=XT5wZuBxDuM

Shit topic, shit thread.

>I realized that's pretty much Trump's whole platform.

Huh?
Which celebrities or actors are voting Trump?
Every media outlet is saying to vote Hillary and painting him as literally Hitler.

demonising fact checking is a real strategy for you, huh.

Pointless since popular vote means literally nothing in the United States. Electoral college determines who will be President.

Lmao sure thing,why are all trump fags so fucking delusional? Even worst than Bernie fags

Do you get paid or do you volunteer?

Oculus guy
Kim Kardashian's female dad
& Milo lol

good crop you got there.

Trump is a celebrity you retard

I BTFO conservacucks for free

And you pal?
businessinsider.com/russia-internet-trolls-and-donald-trump-2016-7

Liberals preen. Conservatives keep it close to the vest.

We all know what Jewywood thinks. They've made it quite clear for a long time.

Well it makes people feel involved. That has to count for something. Right?

>Conservatives keep it close to the vest.

yeah like that time Clint Eastwood had a spirited debate with a chair

Kek. This is seriously people's job?

Like l give a fuck about this phoney election.

Her dee durrr.....who should I vote for? Goldman Sachs or Goldman Sachs? I'm so torn.

>Hillary's supporters: scientists, writers, academics, intellectuals, actors, Iron Man
>Trump's supporters: wal-mart shoppers and NEETs posting cartoon frogs online

>conservatives keep it close to the vest

Probably because they're all secretly racist retards who are being strung along into creating a plutocracy for the elite

Yep. Wake me up when posses start forming.

Who will play Milo in the inevitable biopic?

youtube.com/watch?v=-7-dAmdy-JE

Wow a bunch of buzz words.

Are you an earnest young volunteer or a down or your luck lifer?

I didn't use a single buzzword. But I'll use one now, because it sums up what you are: a fucking cuck.

>saying words like "fuck" in the news
Journalism has really gotten unprofessional.

The Zodiac Killer is pretty famous so you got that going for you.

I agree with George Hamilton, you should always discuss religion and politics--no, wait, NEVER discuss religion and politics because you don't want to alienate half your audience.

When I see an actor that endorses a politician I like, I may think them more intelligent. If they endorse a politician I don't like, I may think them less intelligent. I have never had my opinion swayed no matter how much I have liked the actor.

Recently, an 18-year-old actress has announced their support for a candidate. I am sure that her life experiences will sway many.

Trump's entire political career is based on his celebrity. He's an otherwise unremarkable trust fund manchild, a terrible business man who basically crashed and burned his wealth multiple times and has resorted to basically being a puppet spokesman for an invented brand using his family name for other wealthy people who are the real money and power behind the "Trump" brand.

>Goldman Sachs or Goldman Sachs?

Ding ding ding

Though agro reality tv star vs. half-dead witch has been semi-entertaining.

>huffington post
>journalism

It's a glorified blog

>it's a "trumpfags are assmad he got schlonged in the debate" thread

>Hillary's supporters: rich people
>Trump's supporters: poor people

Still, news aggregators should try to be professional.

>Hillary's supporters: the educated
>Trump's supporters: the uneducated
now comes the inevitable "th-they're all gender studies degrees!" panic from Cred Forums

We need to end this and let actors just be able to speak their minds freely. I'm sure a lot of them would vote for other candidates but the Democrats have a stranglehold on Hollywood.

>people actually fall for this ruse

The crazy ones are actually passionate about it.

Smh

>poor retards keep voting republican and continue to wonder why they're poor

>alienate half your audience.

This is what I don't understand.
Actors and public figures who need popularity and need normal folk to like them... by taking a side in shit like elections and feminism and identity politics they are quite literally saying "fuck you" to 50% of their fans.

Just stay silent on this moronic stuff and if asked say "vote for who you like best. It's none of my business."

All it does is cause arguments and lose you friends.

It's funny cause Cred Forums falls for it the worst.

but blacks vote like 90-95% Democrat and Black men are the most uneducated group of people in America besides maybe Native Americans

why are you so racist?

Wait...do Americans really vote for somebody because a celebrity told them to?

inb4 crudely drawn mspaint comic about disaffected voters being afraid to commit to a choice

>Goldman Sachs
>Powerful bank

Brainwashed simpletons go here

I've never been to Cred Forums but, to be perfectly fair, they probably are gender studies degrees.

Banks run shit.

This 'election' is a show for ignorant peasants.

Smarten up.

>by taking a side in shit like elections and feminism and identity politics they are quite literally saying "fuck you" to 50% of their fans.

I would imagine many of them would argue that their fans would either agree with them or simply ignore their political opinions, otherwise they wouldn't be fans. I don't think Rosie O'Donnell has much of an outspoken conservative cult following.

>i'm so intelligent and above it all
i remember when i was your age. wasn't as much of a faggot as you. fact is if you bought into the narrative that both are shit then you've been successfully brainwashed by the people hillary serve. way to go, kid. you're so intelligent

This.
If you think Hillary is gonna just walk from taking a shot at the oval office, you're fucking delusional.

>poor retards keep voting republican and continue to wonder why they're poor
Yeah, they should REALLY vote for the party that wants to completely undermine working class labor with illegal immigrants and 'free trade', that's just what America's poor need!

That doesn't benefit the 1% at all. :D

gvsu.edu/wgs/what-can-i-do-with-a-degree-in-69.htm

this fucking guy

Your shilling on the internet. Your life isn't going well.

Countries don't even matter anymore, yet alone political offices.

'Election' is a pig circus.

where were these assholes when bernie needed them? suddenly they're all patriotic gun toting americans. now that trump might be president, they've all grown a spine
FUCK YOU HOLLYWOOD

that was the worst impression of trump that anyone has ever made

I fucking hate John Depp

Team America nailed it.

youtube.com/watch?v=qOH9trJLedk

Like Hillary clinton represents the left.

The actual left is labor, not transgender bathrooms.

Election is a joke.

This is vastly underestimating the breadth of government policy. Hillary has over 112,000 words of detailed policy planning whereas Trump has 9,000, and larges swathes of it are dedicated to unrealistic policies that are divisive even within his own party.

When Trump doesn't even believe in basic things like climate change, it's clear your choice between these two candidates matters.

not if you think people should have a say in how the country is run over them feeling like they do

although tbf the majority of the electorate are uneducated when it comes to the sort of stuff you'd need to know in politics

hello CTR

Give it up.

Smart people know this is all smoke and mirrors.

Meanwhile some fucking dried up losers such as yourself is shilling on the tv section of Cred Forums.

It's ABSURD.

Colleges have been marxists nest for years.

Hollywood actors HAVE TO make a stand at this, the most important and dangerous time in history.
The world stands at a tipping point.
Trump is all about racism and women hating and Islamaphobia. If he gets elected, it'll be world war 3. He wants to nuke the Islamic countries. he hates Mexicans and POC and will set up lynching forces, like the gestapo in Nazi germany. He will literally set up concentration camps and women will be back to being kitchen slaves again.
Hollywood knows how serious this is. We need Hillary.

>Hollywood actors HAVE TO make a stand at this, the most important and dangerous time in history.

You couldn't possibly written this sentence with a straight face. It's impossible.

Hillary has been sectretary of state for years, if she couldn't do anything good before what would change after being elected?

>Meanwhile some fucking dried up losers such as yourself is shilling on the tv section of Cred Forums.
Right? Who do they think they're convincing? Where do they think they are?

it's a figure of speech. i.e NOT literal. FIGURATIVE you stupid fucking cock. you have no idea how juvenile you sound

Nope. George Soros literally has his arm up Clooney's anus.

>mfw hillary electors unironically believe this

Hillary supporters must really love Sharia. Can't wait till the Muslim Lives Matter protests that she'll tell us are completely reasonable and peaceful.

Don't vote. Prepare for the revolution.

Trump is an actor. He plays the part of businessman after he failed at being a real one. I agree, its pretty irresponsible of him to use his fame to convince the trailer trash base of the republican party to vote for him.

AHAHAHAHA

nope, they'll make an excuse to genocide the Arabs because muh Israel

This

They're both actors dipshit.

Seriously what the fuck could Jews do to Clint Eastwood at this point in his career?

He's one of the few celebs who's in the position that he can be outwardly conservative.

They still tried to take him down over it though didn't they?

Did you make that pic yourself?

Jesus, CTR shills are so obvious with their lame memes.

You're deep. It's like you know stuff. You just made me WAKE UP.

Really makes you think.

She doesn't command the entire economic or judicial policy of the US as SoS. She did not have the Presidential seat. In terms of accomplishments as SoS there are plenty of articles out there with pros and cons:

e.g.
>As First Lady, she helped create and guide through Congress Children’s Health Insurance Program, a key program that brought health care coverage to millions of children. As a Senator, she worked across the aisle to provide full military health benefits to reservists and National Guard members

She also travelled to more countries than any SoS prior, negotiated sanctions with Iran to make them committ to stopping their nuclear capacity and aided the international operation to kill Bin Laden.

also worthy to note that House Committee failed to pin the blame on her for Benghazi, even after an 11 hour face off.

The cons are obviously the e-mails and generally not being Bernie lol

>"inb4 someone corrects my ignorance with the truth"

You sure showed us.

>memes
>shills
>CTR
could you be any more of a cliche Trumpcuck, Trumpcuck?

Politics are for the mentality ill.

>also worthy to note that House Committee failed to pin the blame on her for Benghazi, even after an 11 hour face off.
They were using it as a political point scorer, not an actual crime that needed to be investigated, as that would reveal to the public what was going on in Benghazi.

All these aggro retartd libs are Cred Forums regulars?

Ok. Whatever you say.

This. Even the Bible condemns politics. Jesus is red-pilled af.

>virtue signalling

Complaining about virtue signalling is virtue signalling. If the alt-right is going to make up terms they should at least know what they mean.

You might not want to respond to every...single..post with such obvious butthurt using the same Cred Forums buzzmeme. You basically letting everyone know that there is this samefag ITT who is genuinely voting for trump, genuinely believes in that assclown and triggered beyond belief into frantic asspain.

>8 years as a senator
>one legislative achievement that's not controversial or difficult

wew lad, here's the launch codes madame president

>aided the international operation to kill Bin Laden

You cannot be this retarded

>muh children
>i was a berniebot lol xD

I want the CTR to go and stay go.

Do you get paid by the post or is it an hourly rate?

I'm not American so I don't know much about your politics or the candidates' actual policies, but from an outsider's perspective it looks like:

TRUMP
>Pretty funny
>Says politically incorrect jokes
>MEMES
>His message is always "America is great. You guys are great. Let's party, bros"

HILLARY
>Sour-faced, no fun allowed
>"America is sexist and misogynist and anti-immigrant and YOU SHOULD FEEL BAD"
>Political correctness
>censorship because triggering is serious business
>Also she can barely stand up and seems to be dying

Why would you vote for someone who sounds like a school teacher?

Wow CTR uses the term faggot, how tolerant of you.

Melania pls

Like Detroit?

Can you imagine how shit your life must be to take a job writing Hillary shill posts on the TV section of an Indonesian stamp collecting forum?

Who are these people?

I guess you can't read because I said there are plenty of articles out there and I only posted one thing as an example.

And your problem with Hillary being SoS during the Bin Laden raid is?

back to your containment board, Cred Forums faggot

>How dare rich, famous people get involved in politics
>Meanwhile, a rich businessman is running for president

the same """"people"""" that are anti-Hillary doing the exact same thing?

Did you spend 200k on a political science degree?

Where do you imagine this 'job' is a springboard to?

>I guess you can't read because I said there are plenty of articles out there and I only posted one thing as an example

And your cherry-picked example is a fucking veterans benefits bill? Not exactly McCain-Feingold, is it

>And your problem with Hillary being SoS during the Bin Laden raid is?

What exactly did Hillary do other than sit in a chair and watch the operation happen?

ah, a classic ad hominem deflection. how's that working out for you?

Yeah then they're losers too.

Pretty pathetic life you've got going.

Oh they're unpaid "internships", I know that for a fact

They'll get to say they worked at a superpac doing social media engagement, they're literally a dime a dozen

Too keep order in the class. Why would anyone vote for the class clown?

Better than your life apparently?

I imagine you have cankles.

Correct or incorrect?

>doesn't even know what an ad hom is

Surely with that lib arts degree you'd understand stuff like this?

>Trumpfag splerging out

>And your problem with Hillary being SoS during the Bin Laden raid is?
My problem is Hillary being SoS during the rise of ISIS, an oppenent even stronger than AlQaeda.

>back to your containment board, Cred Forums faggot
You would love to contain Trump supporters to Cred Forums. You shills can't put a foot there so you have decided to raid other boards.

>His message is always "America is great. You guys are great. Let's party, bros"
Actually it's the exact opposite.

Nope.

explain how it wasn't.

Gotcha. So it's know it all college students.

I imagine skinny little men with beards and chicks who look like Lena Dunham.

He wasn't saying your argument is wrong because you're a low-life shill, he was simply calling you a low-life shill

>X is wrong because you're a retard=ad hom
>you're a retard=not ad hom

Literally grade school stuff

>my opponents are ugly people
Why does amerishit political """"discourse"""" never rise above this?

>Complaining about virtue signalling is virtue signalling.

what's the point in virtue signalling on a anonymous forum retard?

And how is Hillary responsible for a terrorist group exactly?

hah. Trumpfags complaining of raids has got to be the funniest thing I've read all day. good one.

Hillary is cut from the same cloth as Germany's Merkel and France's Manuel "learn to live with terrorism" Valls.

>thinks Arabs will be wiped out when they are of use to Jews

He was deflecting the argument from the subject at hand first to pretending I'm part of CTR, then to some imaginary college degree and job.

Which is exactly what ad hominem is: a deflection to attack character.

Try again.

Why are they holding each other like this what the fuck, just shake hands

>Which is exactly what ad hominem is: a deflection to attack character.

No, that's completely wrong.

Maybe you don't get it. I don't give a fuck. I'm not even registered to vote.

I'm making fun of you because you're a lame human being.

And let's be real, no good looking/cool college student is spending their time doing what you're doing.

If the jews would stop injecting their propaganda into movies and NFL games and for some bizarre reason Cred Forums, I'd barely know an election was happening at6all.

I know you alt-righters hate facts but you've got to try a bit harder, sweetheart.

The fuck are you on? I didn't even read what you were replying to. I just saw an apt opportunity to show burgers as scum and you obliged.

Wouldn't it be more irresponsible to have that power and influence and let it go to waste?

pottery

>And let's be real, no good looking/cool college student is spending their time doing what you're doing.

and they're doing it for free.
People who want power are always the most despicable human beings. Every one of them,.

>She also travelled to more countries than any SoS prior, negotiated sanctions with Iran to make them committ to stopping their nuclear capacity and aided the international operation to kill Bin Laden.

From your own words Hillary's merit was being involved in middle east. So she either did a bad job in middle east or you have to retract that her involvment in middle east is to be considered a merit.

And now she says she's going to defeat Isis. Are we gonna believe that?

Go to /syria/ general on Cred Forums. They will tell you what is really happening in the region.

>If the jews would stop injecting their propaganda into movies and NFL games and for some bizarre reason Cred Forums, I'd barely know an election was happening at6all.

that's exactly why they do it.

>it's a triggered Cred Forumscuck episode

>CTR

(pic related)

>it's a shills correct the record episode

You've really got the lingo down fat girl ctr intern. Do you have a rare pepe folder yet?

"The Middle East" is a pretty big umbrella to blame or venerate someone, user. "Being involved in the middle east" isn't an argument against. She did good things and she did bad there.

But if you're suggesting she somehow gave rise to wahhabism and the rise of al Qaeda, from which ISIS fighters broke off from after the Arab Spring in order to take a stake in the newly fragmented territories in Iraq and Syria, you're fucking retarded.

No one person is responsible for that clusterfuck and you're completely removing the agency of the Syrian people who initially fanned the flames.

Living in California has really emphasized the weakness of the electoral college system. Also fuck single party government, holy shit.

It's in the works. I'm not fat though, silly boys :^)

So you have decided to retract that her involvment in middle east is to be considered a merit, okay.

No that's not at all what I said in either post but congrats on proving you're a dipshit who can't read I guess.

>I'm not fat though,
nah, you're a big girl

Than you agree Hillary did a bad job in the middle east.

for thou

Listening to jewwood not even once.

How wealthy do your parents have to be to take an unpaind internship shilling for Hillary on 4chinz?

How do these people think they are left wing? it's hilarious.

>hollywood shilling for the Democratic party
wow what a revelation! is this your first election or something?

NEETs on both sides due it for free.

>hup durr muh Jooish conspiracies
please just stop
zimbio.com/Famous Republicans/articles

>trump
>caring about poor people

He cares about companies. That's it.

I dislike it. Mostly because I don't want to know anything about actors on a personal level.

While it is irresponsible, you'd have to be an absolute retard to allow a celebrity to influence you.

>Complaining about virtue signalling is virtue signalling
>on an anonymous website

>undermine working class labor with illegal immigrants and 'free trade', that's just what America's poor need!
now let's see some academic sources for those claims. oh wait I forgot, research and statistics are a Jewish conspiracy too!
>free trade
lmao I forgot, remind me when did trump reverse his economic policy away from trickle down neoliberalism? please enlighten me

>everyone who supports the candidate I don't like is a shill
I agree!

>you'd have to be an absolute retard to allow a celebrity to influence you
they wouldn't pay for it if it didn't work.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3455296/Hillary-Clinton-s-campaign-paid-celebrity-supporter-Katy-Perry-70-000-event-production.html

>its another e-celeb thread devolves into a Cred Forums thread episode

As Bob Dylan once wrote, "You dance with who they tell you to, or you don't dance at all."

>remind me when did trump reverse his economic policy away from trickle down neoliberalism?
youtube.com/watch?v=6dw7jHHZrQk

THEY BOTH DO YOU FUCKING SIMPLETON.

wake up!

It's pretty scummy tbqh. They know fine well that the only people they'll convince are idiots who shouldn't be voting anyway.

Are you against the freedom of speech?

The only thing that pissed me off about this video was Ron Howard pretending to be well-known as a great artist

>who shouldn't be voting anyway.
no one should be voting. vote by taking your money out of the bank.

according to the polls it is actually the other way around.

I really don't mind it. In fact, I think it's just fine. People generally believe in things, regardless of their social status, and people with fame have just as much conviction as the rest of us. So they use their power to voice opinions that matter to them. Even fucking Ted Nugent, god rest his stupid soul.

You can't be this stupid.

Get a paying job. Shilling on4chan is pathetic.

Do you feel good about writing propaganda? Do you think it's an honest thing to do?

Or are you just dim enough to believe that 99.5% of the people working in Holywood coincidently all agree on these matters?

Really you should be ashamed of yourself. I don't vote, don't care who wins, but have zero respect for people like you.

>according to the polls it is actually the other way around.
CTR must really be desperate if they think anyone's gonna buy this.

bro, you're mentally ill. not everything is a conspiracy. try not to spend every waking moment staring at a screen, the blue light has fried your brain and has caused you to snap at random mundane posts like its the fucking reptile people. i know your life is sad but realizing you have a mental illness is the first step to fixing it. you may now proceed to lash out at me and dig a deeper hole.

Random ass celebrities can't possibly make Hillary fucking Clinton exciting. The democrats should have went with Bernie, he had actual support.

There is no industry where 99% of the employees agree on ANYTHING.

You know this.

You're either blinded by narcissism or simply a bad person.

Shame on you.

I'm a conservative, but I can respect Bernie.

Hillary is legit evil.

see a therapist. you're unstable and the world you've invented in your mind and are whining about isn't real. see a therapist before you murder someone. you're clearly prone to control issues and likely violent.

They where shilling Cred Forums yesterday trying to start up anti-NFL bullshit.

What kills me is these lunatics think they're morally superior while really they're on some 'Dear Leader' shit.

I will be voting Republican for the first time in my life.

Exhibit A.

Me too. At least Bernie stood for something. (and the legal weed would have been cool).

Hillary is just a tool for some really noxious factions.

I'd vote for Jill Stein before I'd vote for Hillary.

I wish. The shills bring it to your front door now. They were doing it on Cred Forums yesterday. They're doing it to football games, movies, tv shows. I'm an apolitical person, but what these people who are calling themselves 'Democrats' are doing is unprecedented. They're waging way on the population.

Democracy is a popularity contest.

NOT MY NIGGA TOM BRADY! He has been a trump supporter since day one because hes based as fuck

never

well, i don't believe 99.5% of the people working in Hollywood, like that's a specific measurement of anything, are liberal. do i believe a shit ton of them are? of course. is it coincidental? well what the hell do you mean by coincidental? if you mean that Hollywood is the place where studios are, and that people with acting ambitions are often left-leaning, and that people fucking know how liberal Hollywood is supposed to be before even going out there, only to find out that, yeah, it really is that fucking liberal, then yes. coincidence.

>Jews trying to make America a muslim strong country that wouldn't think twice to nuke them into another dimension
I don't understand.

>voting public is stupid enough that some asshole who's face is in movies can influence votes

at that (this) point the democracy is completely fucked so whats it matter?

>be in position where hundreds of people will listen to you
>Choose not to say something that you believe is important
That's the irresponsible thing to do.

If any one of us were a celebrity and had the ability to speak out about something we were passionate about so that people could see and hopefully consider it, we'd do it.

Fuck off shill. If you have to jam your ideology down people's throats, really what's it worth?

>Pretending you wouldn't do this
Stop acting high and mighty retard. Everyone is constantly already shoving their ideologies down other people's throats on all sides of the political spectrum. A celebrity doing it is no different except that more people will choke on it.