What do you think of the best episode of television so far this year, Cred Forums?

What do you think of the best episode of television so far this year, Cred Forums?

first time i watched it i enjoyed it but it felt really forced. second time it felt less forced but less interesting obviously

Agreed, I love when this show takes a meta approach to itself sometimes.

Also its the best character-driven comedy I've seen, one minute I'll feel like utter shit then the next I'll be laughing my ass off

9/10 because the first series starts off kinda slow.

forced how? every ep feels kind of forcedimo but it's an animated comedy so their timing on feels is always kind of off.

upvoted. *brofist*

I thought it was going for the lost in translation parody with the whole city under the sea but then it got unexpected

Didn't really like that one that much, except for the part where he gives the note to that lesbian and it's all smudged and that little kicker when the other guy talks to him. It also raised the question as to why anemones are the only non-humanoid creatures. The best episode of season 3 is probably Brrap Brrap Pew Pew just for the song, though the political abortion stuff seemed really damn forced.

When Kelsey first appeared on the show I thought that she was supposed to be Sophia Coppola.

thank you kind sir

I mean I liked it, it was fine but I really don't get all this praise.

It really moved me. I shed a tear. And the seahorse baby was super cute.

Kino imo

this

Art designs were incredible

Season 3 tried way too hard, and this is probably the best example of it.

Hype is the death of enjoyment. People ruin everything nowadays with overexposure

You're thinking of season 2, pleb

>implying this wasn't better
probably the most soul vrushing heat breaking episode of anything this year tbqh senpai

Scene was forced, desu. I never really liked Sarah Lynn.

>fuck, we're at episode 11 and we forgot to come up with a huge dramatic moment!
>eh, we'll just kill off sarah lynn

that was the only episode I fast-forwarded, it was all cringe comedy and the fucking horse being sad again while nobody watching cant even realte to him except other famous actors

>Dad asks me to try an episode with him
>stone faced the entire time

watched Darkplace together after, and washed the taste of shit out of our mouths

How old are you, sport?

I really spaced out with Todd's business shit. I really didn't even get what the fuck he was doing.

Shit

So him and that girl that wanted his cock made an Uber/Lyft clone that only featured woman drivers and started it in Bojack's living room. This caused a bit of stress between Bojack and the girl since they fucked and kept it a secret, but the business grows. She eventually leaves, and the business grows even bigger with Mr PB in her place as another shareholder. Eventually, Todd has the idea to make it so that men can also use the app to get rides, and then they start using those orca strippers as the drivers. The business grows into a new place and eventually all of the original owners (Todd, girl, and PB) get bought out for 8 million apiece. Todd breaks his friendship with Bojack after Bojack tells him that he slept with the girl (not because they did it, mind you, but because they kept it a secret and lied to Todd) and accidentally tips his 8 million to a waitress.

everything about this was exactly well done pleb gtfo

I don't see how this episode in particular is "forced".
If we're talking about "forced" stuff then the entire show is forced, characters telling you what to think while sad music plays in the background, jokes that kill the tone, etc. If anything, this was one of the less forced episodes for getting rid of that kind of dialogue, the humor worked in favor of the story instead of distracting us from it. I wish more BH episodes were like this, honestly.

Fortunately it lived up to the praise for me. It was a 10/10.

you are autistic m8. Human emotions don't discriminate between professions.

Except for it's weird baby seahorse dick

if anything was forced in season 3 it was Emily, who only existed as a wedge to drive Todd and Bojack apart by the end of the season. such a dull, repetitive character.

also it felt like they played it a little "safe" with the Sarah Lynn storyline. it's hard to feel like Bojack really had a part in her death seeing as how her house was already filled with drugs waiting to be used in the first place. it was like they backed away from that because it would make Bojack too unlikeable.

What did you guys think of the ending with the running horses?

This episode reminded me a lot of Mad Men's The Suitcase, which is also its best episode. In both of them, the male protagonist with an emotional crisis loses what was the most sincere human (or animal) connection they ever had.

Yeah except for how fucking transparent it was. How can you not see the writers circlejerking each other as they write an entire episode (almost) without dialogue? It's like awards bait, except this show will never win an award so it becomes reddit bait instead.

How can you not find it incredibly trite? An asshole character is softened when they take care of a kid? It wasn't even fucking funny.

The best episode was easily "Let's Find Out" since it was hilarious without overdoing the drama or trying and failing to be deep.

1. there's nothing wrong with it being a silent episode. One of its main themes was communication/connections, in case it went over your head. It didn't need dialogue at all and still managed to be funny.

2. He's not an asshole and he wasn't "softened". Again, it's all about connections.

3. If you think this was deep you need to stop watching television now.

Episode 7 of Easy, "Chemistry Read"

>If you think this was deep you need to stop watching television now.
I dunno, man. The bottom of the ocean is pretty deep.