youtube.com/watch?v=_5AsOEk-ZJU
youtube.com/watch?v=kIfTT8EGj3A
youtube.com/watch?v=GS0DQKHMpM8
youtube.com/watch?v=P6MOnehCOUw
youtube.com/watch?v=y1fZg0hhBX8
youtube.com/watch?v=-yxuDU8gims
youtu.be/fnzen9QCmrs?t=474
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Can't wrap my head around the approval process for The Scorpion King's CGI.

Maybe they were rushed?

Still makes me kek nevertheless.

bump. this shit is hilarious

I lost all respect for Guillermo after this

Always makes me laugh

>Photoreal scorpion-man with the head of Dwayne Johnson? Yeah, I think we might just about be able to do that with the latest graphic accelerators...
>It'll take about a year to rig, animate and render
>What do you mean you need it in less than three months?

Still better than the originally-planned alternative.

>2015
Jesus

And what would that have been?

As goofy as it looked, the scenes including him were full of cinematographic kino.
The angles, the lighting, the slow motion use.

Director: We're out of money and the movie CGI is not remotely done!
Producer: No worries. I know this kid who's brilliant with ms paint and crayola's.

Wait...

Where's the astronaut's shadow? Is he standing on the ground or in mid-air? What the fuck is going on in this picture?

check this bitch out

He's jumping and the shadow is very clearly to the right of him.

Are you autistic?

so fucking meta because the audience say it out loud for him

youtu.be/fnzen9QCmrs

I will never understand why Lucas thought it was necessary to add this shitty deleted scene in and replacing the actor with even worse CGI (hell the 2004 version somehow looks worse).

It completely ruins the reveal of Jabba the Hutt in Return of the Jedi and it ruins the pacing big time (not to mention the sizing between Han and Jabba makes no fucking sense).
Fuck the remasters man, shit makes me feel autistic as fuck.

lol now I want to see this shit in motion

Also it looks so much worse in motion, how anyone could approve of this shit is beyond me:
youtube.com/watch?v=93DzOXD_91o

Thank you for Correcting the Record, NASA.

Explain the unbroken line mid-horizon. The background is being rear-projected.

was that retarded as part where han steps on his tail and he does that stupid fucking face part of the deleted scene?

>Already have a Jabba prop pre-made from 2+ decades ago
>Lets just make him CG even though it looks worse

Lucas is a hack. Its also the fault of the retarded yes men he surrounded himself with.

There's nothing wrong with this.

yep, even in the 2004 version

youtube.com/watch?v=rR0b57coZFk

The ground is all the same color so it doesn't defract nearly as much as it reflects. This causes shadows to appear lighter than they really are.

Not to mention he makes Jabba look like a fucking pussy in the scene, funny how Lucas adds that to make Han look like an asshole but changed it so Greedo shot at Han first.
I'm still pissed at Disney for not re-releasing the theatrical trilogy at all, I don't doubt anymore that Lucas destroyed the original prints at this point.

Isn't Jabba much bigger than human? He is so small here.

The cgi in mama was dog mess

Yep, he's actually fucking huge.

Oh boy, all that production cost wasted for a dumb idea

Jesus. Why didn't he kill Han for stepping on him.

>I'm a fucking retard who can't into basic fucking shit
>Hurr thanks ctr

He even concedes to Han's demand for 15% instead of pushing on the 20% or raising it for disrespecting it.
Fuck, can Lucas do anything right?

Because he wants the money first.

Whats almost funnier to me is the way Chewbacca teleports around. One moment hes walking with Han, then it cuts to him entering the bay.

This was real ghostkino

They had to leave that in because when the scene was shot he was talking to a human so they didn't account for the tail.

Jabba needs to get Han's shinebox first.

Someone post the seagal kino

>I'm gonna fuck the whole human race

Based Frost

Since we're talking about Star Wars here

>Lucas actually approved of this

>unbroken line mid-horizon

Wtf are you talking about? The antenna?

>background is rear projected

What background? It's literally space.

I unironically love this art.

god damn this looked like shit the entire movie

They didn't even include the stars, fucking amateurs.

this part was pretty good compared ot anything else tony stark cgi related

hahaha what the fuck

I've never actually seen this. That's absurd

I don't get why Greedo exploded from the lazer beam.

It's a cool looking piece (the design looks really nice I agree) but shoving the main heroes of the original trilogy into the corner (while giving Jar Jar and even the fucking gungan leader more space than any of them) is kind of insulting.

shot him in the gas gland

holy fuck

>that change in expression

Lucas: the gift that keeps on giving

>no stars in the bg

(((hollywood))) really really got it right

I legitimately think that we never put a man on the moon.

for you

wtf this can't be real

> Someone looked at that and approved for it to make final cut

youtu.be/Xezn-0xottw?t=3m34s

There's no way this is fucking real.

it's not it's cgi

Fucking morons.

youtube.com/watch?v=O9y_AVYMEUs

>tfw a fucking marvel shitposter on Cred Forums does better special effects for gifs than hundreds of animators on these movies
These will never cease to amaze me

Agreed.

Improved for the 40th anniversary special edition.

what so they were posing as humans?

BRAVO KEV

caught me off guard

I will never understand why people wouldn't want to believe in man's greatest achievement. Especially considering Russia acknowledges it as fact.

Gee, I wonder who funded this documentary...

fucking hell

>mans greatest achievement

And literally nothing else comes close.

thanks NASA ;^]

youtube.com/watch?v=Lv3t0Be3aHc

I thought that video was supposed to be a joke.

Probably because the same Russians abandoned their efforts after (correctly) calculating it would take about five feet of lead shielding to make it through the Van Allen belt without killing the crew.

>Russia proves moon landing

well i guess that solves it. conspiracy over guys! Russia says so!

Nigger it is LITERALLY in the middle of the fucking day in that picture.

Why would there be stars out?

And that's the only path, right? Just because you guys suck at physics doesn't mean everyone else does.

Modern medicine and technology comes close at least. I mean, most people in the world own phones that are astronomically more advanced than the tech in the space shuttle.

Why wouldn't Russia jump on the retard train after losing the space race?

Here's your (You)

You (((earned))) it

Then russia, of all organizations, should be the most inclined to question the validity.

So either they were wrong and acknowledge it, or something something jews.

>America's enemy conspired with them to hide the truth of the moon landing

Hillary please go

The cold war is a jewish hoax.

That was neither bait nor sarcasm.

That's the earnest to god reason, and if you employed just a fraction of critical thought you'd understand why being the middle of the day is an issue.

There is literally not a single thing that looks decent in that picture

Also why the fuck are people standing on that sliver of wall on the right?

The exit of the room is a cardboard picture

How the fuck did he even get in there?

If anything Lucus should have put more hole on the left behind R2D2.

How did he got behind these rocks?

This has to be shopped

The surface is too bright for the stars to show.

Getting stars to show on camera requires increased exposure time. Being on the moon does not change this fact.

>yfw you find out that was actually a miniature, like most of the sets in AOTC, and CGI was only used for compositing

R2 collapses like on the starfighters in episode 3.

Also, let's not forget it literally rehashes ALL of the information we learned from the Han and Greedo encounter. Like almost line for line rehash.

>mfw they could have easily just made sets and Lucas could still sit on his fat ass while the movie looked good
>mfw this really is the lazy set of movies ever made
At least the world building was cool I guess, still doesn't save it from being shit.

What the fuck are you talking about? Ewan McGregor looks realistic here.

Why do digital cameras make miniatures look like bad cgi?

>what is a set extension

This is the worst. Yoda is sitting on the carpet yet no shadow locks him to the background. Obi-Wan and Mace's shadows locks their feet to the floor but Yoda looks pasted like he's floating.

Now that I can't explain. But they honest to god built those sets in miniature, and fucked it all up in the compositing

>being a goober

It looks like shit, is what I'm saying

He's floating and the light sources are to the rear, so his shadow should begin right about at the bottom of the screen

>inverse square law

What a shame, those sets actually look pretty great but I guess the Midas Touch of Lucas fucks everything up.

>It looks like shit, is what I'm saying

Agreed

Yeah. Something went horribly wrong either with the lenses chosen to shoot the miniature sets or the compositing. Everything comes out blurry and awful.

>tfw even practical effects didn't save the prequels

>more rocks
>now my original vision is made whole

This all makes more sense when you learn his ex wife was the original editor and this is just him getting back at her.

>pillar shadow
>people shadows overlay it
>both from the sun
wtf

thanks you funny motherfucker

me too user, almost died here.

force shadows

fuck I wish I could find this full workprint again

if I ever make a big budget movie with lots of CGI I'll definitely add a workprint in the extras features for you big guys

>watching video on the changes in the Star Wars films
>people are whining about the video creator being a "prequel hater" and supporting Lucas's bullshit changes
I honestly don't know how anyone can defend this shit outside of the Wampa attack and Emperor in V scenes.

If you search around enough you can find torrents of it still.

youtube.com/watch?v=_5AsOEk-ZJU

its almost like they did it on purpose to blend the cgi elements better.

I would assume that the relatively short focal length on the lenses used for the miniatures would play hell with trying to paste other scenes shot with longer focal length lenses on them. The perspective would be off wildly.

Just a guess. I'm not a films man.

youtube.com/watch?v=kIfTT8EGj3A
the fucking car chase

youtube.com/watch?v=GS0DQKHMpM8

They'll release it in time the same way they chose to not release TFA in 3D bluray and with commentaries and shit until a few months after everyone had already bought it.

I never understood why they decided to keep this scene in the show, it doesn't really add anything that we don't already know (not to mention the two of them fucking hate each other) and she dies off-screen anyways.

>Sheev giving a thumbs up
always bet on Sheev

You can bounce a laser off of really shiny rocks that just happen to be up there right?

I thought I was the only one who noticed this. This was in the fucking trailer for chrissake and I had to replay it when it happened. Never saw the whole movie but I can assume it always looked like shit based on everyone else's comments.

the only thing I can think, is maybe they wanted the last time tony talks to his mother to lay in that she always fucking hated him.

I dont remember the time they talk before this and if that would have been a better final scene to leave their relationship with.

This could have been so easily fixed by just not having the video be a crystal clear HD, full frame video.

It's supposed to be an internet video or whatever. Just badly compress it.

I'd like to point out that this was shown in cinemas.

I remember seeing that turd in cinemas.
At least the soundtrack was great.
I will never not laugh at jax pummeling that cgi garbage into the ground.

Also, fun fact, Boba Fett was added in digitally for shits and giggles

Worst cgi has to be SPAWN movie. I am phoneposting and have no pics so heres a nervous doggo

Episode 1 also had quite a bit of real sets

Oh man, Chris Evans' laughter is the gift that keeps on giving.

It's a blessing for the ages

we can go deeper

Not really CGI but almost made me drop the whole fucking thing.
>don't wave your hanky at me

Speaking of Boba
>changing his voice in ESB from badass Jason Wingreen to Jango's boring, nonthreatening voice because muh clone dad in the prequels

my fucking sides

He made Leia as his slave.

Why is it so much more expensive to hire a couple of carpenters to knock up and paint a set? This isn't even that complicated, the walls are flat, have hardly any embellishment, a few lights. $2000 and a week later the job's done and you have a physical space for the actors to use.

That's not CGI, a legit dude played her.

Most recent version looks better. He cut out frames to make it the same length as the original scene

I wish he was just the normal human Scorpion King in that. Why did he need to be part scorpion?

AHAHAHA FUCK

The weird thing is, that extension was actually part of the set, you can see it in other BTS photos.

the spanish dude from rec

The head thing still looks terrible though, it's just such an unnecessary change.

Not really, it looks natural now.

what the fuck is happening

>dodging a laser with your head while sitting and still cracking your neck looks natural
It's still got that bizarre head animation but it's played faster now so you can't see it as well on first glance like the original. Still looks like garbage and could've been prevented altogether by not changing the scene in the first place.

You do know your head can dart to the side fast right?

Some of the miniatures were replaced with CGI because Lucas didn't like how the real stuff meshed with the computer stuff.

Doesn't it occur to you that, if there was a huge conspiracy to fake the moon landing, they'd have taken the care to iron out all the obvious "flaws" that retards keep jumping on? This and the flag shit are the kind of things which your average run-of-the-mill burger would overlook, but not the fucking government.

Not from a laser beam

>Sheev is the traitor AAAAAAAHHHHHHH
What did Master Dindu mean by this?

guillermo didnt make that though

she's a retarded ghost, what do you want? photorealism?

...why is the flag waving? is there wind in outerspace?

youre the first person ever to notice this.
moon landing is fake confirmed.

Wait a minute, what is the devil doing there?

Because a galaxy far far away is actually hell.

looks like a skinny naked chick lying on the bed in the thumbnail

Because LE EBIN MAYMAY XDD

>cool looking piece
correct
>shoving the main heroes of the original trilogy into the corner is kind of insulting.
more correct

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!

>R2's face when

Up there with Han's head digitally moving to the side to dodge Greedo's blaster shot, the tail-step is easily one of the worst edits in the 'remasters'.

The units in Galactic Battlegrounds look better than this.

Fucking WHY

my fucking sides

youtube.com/watch?v=P6MOnehCOUw

>that fucking CG sex toy

But this just looks like a good old fashioned matte backdrop

>finally, after all these years, technology has advanced to the point where I can realize my original artistic vision: a robotic penis pump milking robert duvall

40th anni has a lot of good additions tbqh

Why dodge with the head? The shot wasn't even accurate, if it at least exploded like hans blast...

is that real?

Theyll release it at some point, and no theyre not destroyed, pic related.

I know ill sound like "that kid" but ny buddys uncle is the owner of the studio that animates Rick and Morty and he gave him this.

ANIMALITY

>the floor clipping into place

Jesus, they even CGI'd that.

There's a bigger hole entrance slightly to the right. I absolutely hate when people complain about this change. There is literally nothing wrong with R2 hiding behind rocks in this scene compared to being standing completely obvious in the original

I still can't tell what's wrong with this.

Is it the armor? Is Tony's face CGI?

you can see a support in the top of the flag

can someone post wolverine origin blueprint gifs? those always crack me up

Jango voice actually sounds alright in battlefront. It helps that hes not doing his lines over the fucking phone like he did for Lucas.

I didn't save the webm because I'm a big dumdum, but here's some more Chriskino

If you want the trilogy set that contains both the SE and the unaltered versions but no bonus features, make sure when purchasing from Amazon, that the picture is a picture of Darth Vader and Luke clashing with light sabers and the box has a lot of blue coloring. It also says IV V VI along the bottom. Scroll down to DVD info and it should say release date: 2008. THAT is the version you are looking for. DVD region 2

This. He coulda just beeb hella strong normal dude

> eeemu setaway eeemu setaway!!!

brilliant

Holy shit, I fucking swear every time someone brings up the moon landing, the discussion is like a groundhog day with the same dumbass questions that were answered like 10 years ago. Are you people fucking braindead or simply were born today?

That actually doesn't look bad at all.

of course

Are you blind?

Look at Jar Jar's tunic.

his name was all over it so its his fault. same as how tarantino "made" hostel

That was some top tier creature design schlomo

AGHHHHHHH HELP ME GUNDELF!

Do you also have the gif of a baby being thrown into a bonfire

Looks great, which videogame is this?

You can see the outline of the greenscreen around Bilbo in this one m'fellow 'chonners.

Shart in mart

I don't defend prequels, because I genuinely dislike the movies. But for a decade straight it has been rampant piggybacking bitching about the prequels and people that stopped giving a fuck a year after still have to hear about it incessantly. It's the definition of beating a dead horse after its liquid.

the stepping on him doesnt make any sense either if you see him beforehand and how massive his "tail" section is, no way Han could just walk over him like that.

BLACKED

jeez it's like these people have never seen a horse kick someone

the way that CG horse kicks has 0 power behind it

The CG here isn't that bad, it's more that the lighting of the characters is fucking terrible. Multiple soft lightsources when it's supposed to only be lit by the moon.

Lucas embodies slothfulness to an epic degree, to the detriment, nay, harm to the art of cine.

It's weird that the CG elements are so fucking beautiful when Bilbo looks so bad. I'm starting to believe the green screen compositors and the lighting supervisors on set had no clue.

This is actually pretty good CG, they just did the worst possible job of inserting hobbit in the scene

That was practical, user. Kevin Smith was in hospital for many month from spinal injuries after this.

That's not in the film.

I've stopped looking for what Youtubers look like. It's always oddly disappointing.

Except the Adonis that is Jerma

>also that round thing in the middle of the room flickering to the right at 0.04

she died during filming but yes I very much agree. The lighting didnt match one bit and threw the whole episode off

It's a big firecracker

The fuck is that? I feel nauseated from looking at it

are you retarded? that's his other hand

Renesmee

>Attack of the Clones is shot in 1080p digital cameras so it can never be rescanned to higher res.
BRAVO LUCAS

should have a scene where han is dodging all those lasers by twisting his neck into impossible poses.

>>Already have a Jabba prop pre-made from 2+ decades ago
I'm not going to defend cgi Jabba since its shit, but puppet Jabba doesn't exist anymore. The only things left are the eyes since the rubber he was made out of broke down and disintegrated.

8 year old me keked at that in the theater, it was shit even for 2002.

Meh, it's a comedy, it's supposed to look ridiculous.

They probably wanted it to look like the horse kicked him, but was chill about it.

YEAH, I'LL BET YOU DO

honestly CGI like this can look kinda spooky because of how alien it looks.

ahah the all things fucking disappear

WOULD YOU RATHER WATCH WESTLEY SNIPES WITH CGI EYE LIDS BECAUSE HE REFUSED TO OPEN HIS EYES?

Honestly looks 10x worse in stills than in motion. A lot of the Blu Ray version of Episode I uses small amounts of motion blur to take away from the bad CGI.

some motherfuckers are always trying to iceskate uphill

really ? ahah I love westley

>That fucking SPACE DINER
This scene made me chuckle.

Lucas was a hack and a lucky hack at that but everything he touched was pure amusement.

They turned Star Wars Jedis into a Cop buddy space opera at that point.

how about not letting your ancient sith-lord jump around like some fucking breakdancer you senile old fuck?

Truly propagandakino

Hans didn't shoot first. He was the only one that shot, REEEEEE

Who the fuck is that dude on top of that building at the end?

Mythbusters noticed that. They proved that would happen on the moon. They put a flag in a vacuum and it did the same thing

what movie is this?

iirc, they "had" to create a cgi baby and kid to get an "accurate" impression of what a kristen stewart and robert pattison vampire baby would look like

>niggamyeyesisallfuckedup

That's a burned disc of a low quality fan edit that gets sucked off by the neckbears that thought TFA was GOAT.

Why didn't he just open his eyes?

>the coolest looking planet gets the worst movie

SHEEV?

audible kek

aaaaaaaawwwhwhwhwhooooo

Why did you post a picture of an early PS2 game?

>playing star wars the force unleashed on Nintendo DS
>actually fun
>reach Sheev, the final boss
>he wrecks me
>he does that move and gets stuck in a wall
piece of cake.

Disney doesn't actually own the distribution rights for Episode IV. I don't know why they were able to release it digitally, but it's still technically owned by 20th Century Fox.

youtube.com/watch?v=y1fZg0hhBX8

incredible

Because it's poetry.

NEEEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIII

>it just explodes into nothing
wew

Mr Sequel bait

i've always thought annakin's helmet design was sick and his character looks cool here. shame the movie couldn't pull it off

>A tusken raider in a more prominent position than Luke fucking Skywalker
>A FUCKING TUSKEN RAIDER

Why does this trigger me so

youtube.com/watch?v=-yxuDU8gims
one of my favorites

It was said to be Morbius.

Because he's Blade

How does he even make that sound? It's sounds kinda unhuman in the original as well, but not nearly as much as in the blu ray version. Are we supposed to believe Obi-Wan can make Cthulhu noises by himself?

Between 2-3 seconds in, look at Smaug's right hand.

This entire scene was a goddamned mess.

This entire movie trilogy was a goddamned mess.

This is "lose faith in humanity" levels of bad.

At first glance, I could have swore this was from Don't Be a Menace to South Central

Dragon Kombat 2

>mfw when 90% of the prequel budget went on sofas

You are no fun.
Friendship ended with /p/.
Now /x/ is my best friend.

why did they change him from four legs and two wings into having bat hands on his wings between movies?

How do you cross that street?

>wesley, please open your eyes.

The 1977 Cinderella version was so much better imo.

Ok I didnt notice this.
This is Civil War level bad.

Is this real? wtf..

remind me of one of those diners from Fallout games

kek

That's unsettling desu..

post Charlie H's death

are sand people camels in disguise?

This.
Lighting is key to compositing.
There should be no reason the backside of the horse is lit if the moon is in front of them.

Marcia Lucas is the key to all this.

Well he's sort of right, that looks like shit.
Problem is the CGI wasn't better.

spacekek

Equilibrium when dubs guy cut the face of that fag is the worst i remember, too bad I don't have the movie to cap it

dat color tho

He literally didnt feel like it.

>This is Civil War level bad.
I can't tell if you're been ng ironic on purpose or not.

B-but I want Han to shoot first
When you're going to shoot: shoot, dont talk

in what world does moving your neck like that look natural

>musical

who's that guy?

the only explanation i have is that they've 3d-modeled this cafe on a closeup shot

thanks for the input user

Kek his tail is clipping through the gold

They made his face look great but everything else looks like shit.

WHY DIDN'T HE JUST OPEN HIS EYES

You're a jackass. Firstly, that CGI is superb. Secondly, it's actually a pretty good movie. Thirdly, it's not a del Toro film.

He doesn't just do things because you tell him to.
A lot of people probably told him to pay his taxes too.

HOLY FUC

hilariously bad

youtu.be/fnzen9QCmrs?t=474

his entire head is like a bobblehead

I may be a special effects pleb but this looks pretty damn good, aside from Bilbo himself looking a bit cut in.

Is this a joke?

No, he played her when they were doing a test shoot of a practical Mama before main production began. Producers decided a CGI Mama would look better so Javier got booted. The director is a talentless hack and a studio yes man with no backbone or artistic vision, so it's great he's the one assigned to the It remake.

>I'm the plaaaaaaague of darkness
wew lads
this would have been the GOAT ending if they had followed through and left it without music

lol this is brilliant thanks user i needed a laff

so how did he manage to shrink mcgregor down for this scene?

that black nigga know she's full of shit

this isnt as bad as alot of stuff in tthis thread

>Jabba, you're a wonderful human being

u fukin wot

Because only a retard believes that a tiny can landing on a rock to catch up with a bunch of poor Russians is somehow impressive. Eradicating Smallpox is far more noble and difficult.