letterboxd.com/OriginalName3/
letterboxd.com/thepartyoftea/
letterboxd.com/SovietSplicer/
letterboxd.com/machill54/
letterboxd.com/crew/list/the-jeremy-saulnier-qa/
letterboxd.com/JSarabia/
letterboxd.com/Mastro666/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Just revisited my account after a break of a year or so and all my reviews are garbage. How do I just delete the whole thing?

Dekalog criterion is online

is it worth waiting for the Arrow release to see how they compare?

>actually trying to write quality reviews on letterboxd

letterboxd.com/glazomaniac/list/support/

tfw you log a film and two people who follow you add it to their watchlist

is this a kodi skin?

your star wars ranking is accurate

Recc me something to watch

Pic related are some of my favourites

Is that satire? I can't tell. Bizarre.

Thanks, this is on my watchlist actually, I'll definitely check it out

Yourself, in a mirror, as you hang from a noose.

don't bully

wow

that what you get when your a racist and sexist prick

>letterboxd

Hey dudes
Could someone follow me, I'm a bit lonely i'll follow back!

>rating crap wars

Into The Grizzly Maze looks hilarious, I gotta watch that

yeah it was surprisingly good. it knows very well what kind of film it is and doesnt waste time to get to it. also has a good cast and supporting characters all around. would recommend!

did you guys know that men literally can't experience sexism

Is there a reason you dont use half star ratings? I've been thinking of moving over to that system as it would make rating a movie a lot easier.

Don't post this stuff here, I don't care, I don't want to see it. You are equally as irritating as them posting it for getting mad about it

If i did I'd follow them myself

some of the movie i watched ages ago so i only have a vague feeling of how much i liked them. Also, i get ocd about curves being nice, so this way is easy

>Don't post this stuff here, I don't care, I don't want to see it. You are equally as irritating as them posting it for getting mad about it
>If i did I'd follow them myself
What did xyr mean by this?

Pathetic tb.h

:(

Machill what do you think of the garfield movies?

The worst of the lot, in my view, is James Healey: a snide, callous user whose holier-than-thou opinions (Steve Jobs is a masterpiece; *Vertigo and The Searchers are overrated and you should be ashamed if you love them) truly takes the fun out of watching movies for me.

anti healey fags are so boring

Healey is based

letterboxd.com/nuts/

yeah healey is the fucking man

POST YOUR GRAPHS

shit taste honestly what the fuck who rates like this

Here's what I've watched this month so far.

calm down sweetie, it's funny to read shit like that every now and then.

wtf i love healey now

Jim Bob Healey

letterboxd.com/horrormaster34/

Rate. Hate. Follow

Will follow absolutely anybody & everybody that follows me.

Yes, I rate hard as balls. I rarely give out a 5* rating.

>Love Exposure
I liked it, but goddamn was it too long. Started off fine, then got hilarious, then stalled out, then got good again, and stalled out again.

letterboxd.com/plebiann
Any recs?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>Micropenises getting triggered by Letterboxd lists

Absolutely savage. The fact that she didn't reply to it is telling too, must have cut deep.

I've literally never experienced sexism

>"men can keep their slimy hands off it"
>it's directed by a man

lol

>lb now pretending Rob Zombie is good

wasn't PWSA enough

>"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
>now
>"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Just watched Seven Samurai, lads. I finally understand why everyone loves it so much. Perhaps the biggest surprise to me is that the violence still holds up really well. More realistic than in most modern flicks.

To a related point, I had this 'surprise' myself. Several films from the 50's particularly present a much more affecting, damaging, cruel even, depiction of violent acts than the more liberated use of blood and words of the last decades of cinema usually achieve.
I name one cow, with two on the appearance wildly different works:

Man Of The West > Hostel

besides obviously quality-wise, the genuine power of the violence shown and how it implicates and bothers and challenges who's watching

I haven't seen Man of the West, and have seen Hostel once a few years ago, so I can't say I remember anything besides that disgusting eye cutting scene.

I don't like gore.

>obviously quality-wise
You didn't get the va memo, sonny:
Roth > Ray

Man of the West is Anthony Mann though.

Speaking of Anthony Mann, The Man from Laramie is excellent.

Fuck, silly me. Memo is the same though:
Based Roth > meme western directors

I've only seen the first, and when it came out so I'd have been reasonable Garfield-enjoying age. I dont think I was overly keen on it

but it isn't every now and then it's every thread and it's not fun it's boring in my opinion

Gummo is shit. Swiss Army Man looks like shit, but I haven't bothered to see it yet so I shouldn't comment.

ur mom a shit

>favorites aren't highest rated

huh? the first three are my all-time favorites, the Kaurismäki I saw recently and adored.

As a schmuck I can identify fellow schmucks.

letterboxd.com/pupkin/

schmuck

schmuck

schmuck

schmuck

schmuck

schmuck

what a terrible thread.

>'le favorites have to be the best' type of embryo
Kill yourself

Feel free to leave, faggot

No, I'm going to stay and make fun of you.

Anomalisa wasnt good

Only people who hate Healey on /lbg/ are tranny chasers like acid or people from 2013 who can't see Healey's transcendence to becoming BASED.

Enjoy your 'fun', faggot

>they have Whiplash in their favourites

I will

Miranna, will you go to the Fall Dance with me?

My Darling Clementine is another great example and clearly the most direct look at violence by Ford from what I've seen.

letterboxd.com/MarcusLover96/

Here's my profile. Still not feeling like I've seen nearly enough films, but I'm working on it.

Just finished Tokyo Fist like 15 mins ago, such an amazing film, just the sheer energy of it, beautiful too. The editing was completely on point in every sequence. A perfect film.

Would already say it's in the top 3 films i have watched this year so far. Probably gonna watch Tetsou later tonight

Anyone got recs for films with a similar editing style/pacing? The only one i can think of that is even close is Hausu.

Think I might buy a vinegar syndrome blu

Should I get
Hellbent
Horror House on Highway 5
Evils of the night
Deathrow Gameshow
Nightmare sisters
Murder Weapon/Deadly Embraxe
Hobgoblins

letterboxd.com/voexodus/

Blair Witch was pretty good.

is he literally 17? who's favorite movie is lost in translation

idk what he was responding to, but doesn't writing a 6 paragraph essay on letterbox on why someone sucks mean that you've lost? I can't tell if Cred Forums is seriously praising this

fuck off ginger snaps owns

>essay

First of all it's not that long. Second, it's more of a deconstruction of all people like her, not just her specifically. Fighting these people is actually important, because their idiocy already has too much influence.

This is what he is responding to:

letterboxd.com/alexkingstons/list/movies-on-which-mens-opinions-dont-matter/

Reminder that I will fricken k*ll you if you continue to post at Healey the way that you are posting at Healey.

*whose

>snarky post trying to make people mad about pointless stuff in response to a snarky post trying to make people mad about pointless stuff

yes I agree somehow James Healey is good and better than the original poster and not exactly the same

But it's not pointless though. There are universities around the world spending probably billions of dollars to "educate" people with the kind of nonsense she is peddling. And these people have real influence in many spheres, including the arts and politics.

And for some reason to you truth doesn't seem to matter at all, because the obvious difference is that this abigay character is wrong and James Healey is right.

Ok the tone of that is grating and I don't understand half the movie choices (some I would *personally* say are explicitly anti-feminist or at east have very gross ideas normalized in them), but I do get the point of getting sick of loser dudes going on to the Bring It On or Devil Wears Prada page and talking about how it's such shit, if you don't like movies in those genres then why are you watching? To feel superior to Dumb Girly Shit? Though mubi is way worse than letterbox, most of the movies on that list have a 3+ at least.

neither is right, both are writing on a site that's basically used for the user to jerk themselves and others off
no one cares that you hate women or that you're connecting some half baked list to your fear of liberal ivory tower elites or whatever you're getting at, close the tab and do your homework

The snarky list on Letterboxd isn't going to influence arts or politics, and James Healey's reply on letterboxd isn't going to influence art or politics, it isn't going to change the original list posters mind, if anything it will just further justify it in her head

All it's doing is making Letterboxd a worse site to use, but not that much worse since you simply don't follow retards like Healey and the feminists, but now it's also making the threads worse because other retards think he is being """epic"" and post about it in here

>but I do get the point of getting sick of loser dudes going on to the Bring It On or Devil Wears Prada page and talking about how it's such shit

That's not where her ideas come from though. Her ideology is rooted in the notion that a man should never make art that concentrates on a woman's experience, or that a white person should never make a film about African people. Kind of similar to the notion of "cultural appropriation", another cancerous idea peddled by these wastes of oxygen.

also
the list is at least half a troll list if not completely one, meant to piss off the self important guys who take letterbox too seriously

almost all those movies are directed and/or written by men, see above

I really don't understand why you're harping on the site so much, as if that has some great meaning. People engage each other all over the place on the internet, what they're actually saying is much more important. Your attitude is juvenile and a classic "I'm not taking a side so that automatically means I'm above all of these people" maneuver.

>The snarky list on Letterboxd isn't going to influence arts or politics, and James Healey's reply on letterboxd isn't going to influence art or politics, it isn't going to change the original list posters mind, if anything it will just further justify it in her head

This is the exact logic behind "I can't be bothered to vote, there's millions of voters, mine doesn't matter". It's retarded.

>unironic trump supporter
>"based"

lmaoing @ you

no half-stars? thought about converting all my ratings like that, using the goodreads approach

to be clear, I'm taking her "side"
that doesn't make her not also annoying
that guy's rant was more annoying and even more embarrassing than her troll list, almost as embarrassing as people on here acting like it was some Epic Own or you acting like you're Mr. Smith going to Washington bc I'm not taking an internet fight seriously enough

all tsukamoto movies, basically

why isnt there a fucking android app

I can't tell if you're very young or very old, but there's no real difference between an internet word fight and a real word fight. Come on, it's 2016!

letterboxd.com/OriginalName3/

Do you keep following this abigal retard around?

I wanna insult people on lbd too but im too afraid to get banned after that shit they pulled with the gender pronouns

yes i think its called artik

Some damn fine choices,

Pontypool
24 Hour Party People
Hard Core Logo

letterboxd.com/thepartyoftea/

I love Manhattan, glad to see you liked it too

Name one (1) user more based than James Healey.

Protip: you can't

me (machill54) and my boyfriend Synt when we read the posts from the haters online

letterboxd.com/SovietSplicer/

>not being a tranny chaser

et j'aime ça

>Favorite Movies
>All things geeky! Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, Deadpool, Harry Potter, Marvel movies etc

Interpals is a struggle

damn i'm jealous now

letterboxd.com/machill54/

Two disappointing movies in one evening what a shame. Anyone else got the Viy blu yet?

good

say something nice about one of the following users:
/smoothhands
/dropout_bear
/jameshealey
/pupkin

In case this hasn't been posted yet

letterboxd.com/crew/list/the-jeremy-saulnier-qa/

Q&A with Jermey Saulnier, director of the Green Room, Blue Ruin and Murder Party, will be happening on letterboxd on October 6.

how come captain phillips is so unanimously enjoyed? fucking wikipedia article turned to film, plus a gratutious american army aquatic circus celebrating the stomping on third wordlers trying to make a living. disgusting.

The questions are all so embarrassing

It's Letterboxd

I didn't enjoy it, but it's a 7.5/10

are you one of those people who try to judge "how well it was made objectively" in the rating

Oh, you're one of those who can't separate quality and preference? Classic dimwit. I'm sorry for your family :(

>what's the use of tracking what i thought of the film, i'm a walking film database that must classify all films in an objective mmaner *beep bop this film is beep~~... acting = 7/10 ... sound design bop... 8/10 ... calculating result = parameters amount to, film X is better than film Y*, this is certainly very useful!!!
>this film was abysmal, but the actors said their lines very good and they could afford a million dollar cinematographer, so i'm gonna bump it 3 stars
>captain phillips is 2.5 points away from being the peak of cinema
NICE!!!

dropout_bear is actually a really nice dude

>captain phillips is 2.5 points away from being the peak of cinema
On my pov, film rating don't work quite that way, it's more like Richter for scale

What's Viy like? Did you like it?

If white men are sexually inferior?
Than why do we even bother having sex at all. If we are just puny maggots with tiny pink pee pees, then why do we even bother trying to please women? Why not just send armies of superior black men to slaughter us all and take all the white women for themselves like in the old testament and clense the undesirable inferior white man from the human race? It makes no sense for us to continue mating and procreating if our genetics are "less desirable" and inferior and we are not sexually or physically competitive, right?

/dropout_bear is improving with every review.

Stay in your containment general, reddit.

I wish my boyfriend was on letterboxd. I keep telling him to join.

nice one, aeltbx. kys

On cinemas the tension was real , like with gravity or Everest.
They are films meant to be watched on cinemas not on your laptop with headphones or on your tv with 2.1 sound

Love Exposure for me dragged a little bit during the 4th hour, but it kind made it worth it by the end. It is the most moving ending I have ever seen.

letterboxd.com/JSarabia/

letterboxd.com/JSarabia/

give me some rec
Im watching twilight zone atm

That's a somewhat decent point, but for more serious people that's not such a break.
Gravity and Everest and other 'spectacle' films are what they are- good or bad- in whatever screen.

Embryo, but the future looks bright tb.h

8====D (_(_

Skadooshboom

I just got it today

>dark knight
>interstellar

Ok I do wanna defend myself.

I hate telling people TDK is my favorite movie, because it's pretty much just a placeholder. I have favorites in everything else but movies, I just haven't found that "one", y'know?

>hating on Nolan
that's so early 10's

letterboxd.com/Mastro666/

>liking nolan
that's so two thousand and late

Next post that names a film I haven't seen is what I'm watching tonight

Homeo

Death to all homosexuals in my opinion

Einleitung zu Arnold Schoenbergs Begleitmusik zu einer Lichtspielscene (Straub-Huillet, 1973)

Wow, Jean-Marie Straub. That sure is obscure. Are you some kinda of super patrician?

For most people, Spielberg- or nowadays Snyder-is the only actually known director. Burton, Coppola, Anderson(s) can be called obscure.
In short, you're a bitch cunt.

>ufff will famous likeable actor inserted as common responsible family man sacrificing for his crew die???!!! so much at risk!! i sure wish these resourceful well-adjusted people pull this off!!!
very gripping
>not on your laptop with headphones or on your tv with 2.1 sound
lol you're talking to a man who put off watching hundreds of film until i had a decent tv, this doesn't apply to me

i don't buy the premise of the ideal setup for a film to work. as hardcore as i was with what i mentioned above, i care less and less about people watching shit on vlc on a 10'' screen. wouldn't do it myself but a film should work regardless

?