Why did he get jail time for killing three armed men on his property, attempting to steal his truck?

Why did he get jail time for killing three armed men on his property, attempting to steal his truck?

Because he lives in california

because the plot commanded so

Home defense only works in the house, he curb stomped a guy in the street, no way that could be spun as defense.

Fippy bippy

because he's gay

curb stomping a guy after hes disarmed aint exactly home defense.

You're allowed to neutralize the threat, which can include killing the person, but once the threat is neutralized you can't THEN murder them. A curb stomp means the guy was already no longer a threat, which means he had no right to kill him.

If you want to kill in self-defense, you have to kill them in your initial attack. You can't incapacitate them and then go finish them off.

This. Excessive force which ended in a death, plus it was clearly motivated by racial hatred meant the law would want as harsh a sentence as possible

bigger plot hole is why the black kid at the end killed the main character whatever his name was. danny i think? yeah why'd he do that? a minor dispute at the start of the movie. i mean im well aware blacks have a penchant for gun killings but its usually over money and territory related to drug sales. killing a kid over nothing is very unrealistic.

Think he knew Danny was a Nazi skinhead.

Remember fat ass Seth and the leader guy also end up getting jumped and severely beat

If anything that ending just undid all the "Anti-racism" message they peddled at the end. He ruined his life just to kill some random white kid who didn't like him beating a nerd up. It just makes him look like a dumb nigger to throw his life away like that.

theres a deleted scene of him hanging out with a group of thugs who beat up the fat kid and cameron

he knows who they are

>shock and awe as a deterrent is not home defense

What are you, some kinda dumb?

the unrealistic part is where he got out after only a couple of years for curb stomping someone

that is straight up murder, 30 years to life

>the actions of a single-man undoes the concept of anti-rascism

be a smart ass all you want, you know the law.

mitigating circumstances, he didn't start the fight and the community won't care about that guy having died

if anything its a dig at black folks. the movie ends with a bang and its all the black guys fault. its just a movie so we all let it go, and we all know the world is better off with peace, but as far as the message goes the last slight was committed by the blacks. it just gives whites the moral high ground for not responding.

he had him on the ground with a gun to his head, he could have waited for the cops to arrive and serve actual justice that fits the alleged crime

he dragged him to the curb and smashed his skull, the guy didnt even have a weapon

on a related note, why would you even open your mouth and put it on the curb like that? fuck that shoot me in the back of the head im not going to let you crush my skull with your boot

Did you watch the fucking movie? Danny wouldn't testify against him otherwise he would have gotten life. He straight up says this in an internal monologue

Instead he probably got off with manslaughter

found the hick

racial hatred? you mean to say his victim was a minority? wow i didnt even notice

somehow criminal lives matter too. i personally dont get it but i still dont think a civilian should be able to kill someone else even if its a criminal. its too easy for someone to claim someone was breaking the law and use that as an excuse to kill.

if he had literally just shot the guy he couldve walked. but he made it into a whole execution style thing so he kinda had to do some time.

yes i did and thats fucking retarded. are the cops and coroner in this town so dumb they couldnt figure out he was fucking curb stomped?

jesus, you might be dumber than this film

this. movie is anti-black. it's saying all that nazi shit was justified, at the end

Non-rascist people dont attribute the choices of an individual to the entirety of his ethnic group.

Truly a cucked nation. In my country you get a medal for killing a nigger.

Without a fucking witness all they had was circumstantial evidence which was 3 armed guys vs 1. They wouldn't be able to prove Derek didn't struggle with the guy or wasn't in danger. Boot stomp or not.

This movie is obviously above your head.

They do matter, but that's just how the world works. A judge and jury aren't going to cry over a black gangster home intruder getting killed in the commission of a crime.
The police can only testify on what they saw. All they know for sure is that a guy had his home and property invaded and took his self-defense too far. It's not like he went and attacked a random black guy, he was provoked. For all they know, he was in a struggle and threw the guy down and immediately boot stomped his head, which would be a valid self-defense measure.

no seriously, they could easily re-enact exactly what happened

you dont get your fucking head smashed on a curb in an accidental struggle, fucking moron

lol yeah ok

im out

You really can't picture a scenario where two people are fighting, and one throws the other down and he hits the curb, and the other immediately stomps on his head? It's not like a coroner is psychic and will be dedicating unlimited resources to replicating exactly what happened to make sure justice is done by the lowlife criminal, all he'll conclude is "yep, his face is smashed in". He's not Sherlock who will ascertain from a black smudge on a tooth that the guy was forced to put his teeth on the curb and then stomped in.

You are such a dumbfuck. Of course they knew he was stomped but to prove murder 1 or 2 the prosecution has to prove the crime was PREMEDITATED.

Without a witness that was impossible. All they would have is DEREKS VERSION OF EVENTS

If you don't know the law don't post.

you live in Ohio don't lie.

But why would they?? Why would they be going so far out of their way just to defend 3 armed thugs who tried to steal a dudes truck? Even if that guy was a nazi. In a fair, unbiased court his tattoos would be covered and his ideology wouldn't matter or be brought up in a fairly objective home defense case.