Let's talk horror films, Cred Forums

Let's talk horror films, Cred Forums.

It's lashing rain and howling wind outside, October's right around the corner and the dark season is upon us.

I'm in the mood for some spooks and I'm sure you are, too, so let's recommend each other some horror movies, or just movies with a spooky atmosphere. No doubt we'll get the usual round-up, but there's always a gem to be found.

Just watched Angel Heart the other night, top notch atmosphere, good stuff.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZAgBSfw69ng
youtube.com/watch?v=JlBT9MaJd_E
youtube.com/watch?v=4zuApRFdwHA
youtube.com/watch?v=Pzz9aRbpHm4
youtube.com/watch?v=JpPLxXyKNwg
youtube.com/watch?v=1k8iriHPlyU
youtube.com/watch?v=f9FVxA9W11s
youtube.com/watch?v=KFGQxhbHIew
youtube.com/watch?v=VmW-NNapvpA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No one, eh?

Just finished Southbound and despite what I heard on here about it, I thought it was pretty solid.

Never heard of this one, I'll have to check it out

I don't know if you seen it but Pontypool is a zombie movie that takes place mostly inside of a radio broadcast station and it is thrilling. It's extremely comfy and worth a watch.

bamp

Angel Heart is awesome.

Watched They Look Like People yesterday and it legitimately unnerved me. Would recommend. Ending is so tense.

October weather is not for horror.

It's for maximum comfy at sunset sitting near a fire and drinking your favorite beverage while starting outside looking at the autumn leaves.

Summer weather is best for horror. Warm, sticky and less clothing for women.

it's garbage

Is there any horror series more comfy than the Walking Dead season 1 and 2?

Horrorposting is pretty hit or miss on Cred Forums user. Most of the time you get no replies or anons hating on the entire genre if you don't talk about memed about movies like The Witch. /x/ has better horror movie threads, even if they get pretty repetitive

In terms of atmosphere try Sauna and Lovely Molly. If you don't mind J-Horror, Kairo and Cure are pretty excellent in that department as well

Has Cred Forums ever watched the old BBC Ghost Stories for Christmas? They're about an hour long, adaptations of ghost stories by the writer M.R. James. Some of the adaptations aren't that faithful, but others are, and they're all pretty good. They were made from 1969 and onwards into the 70s, stopped being made again until 2004/05, then again in 2010 with their worst one and then another on 2014.

They're all pretty comfy, but there's some really good creepy stuff in them. Oh Whistle and I'll Come to You is legitimately creepy, it's the first one, in black and white, I think it's on YouTube.

Pontypool is a really good movie, really neat idea behind it, too.

Haven't heard of that one, I'll check it out!

I have a boner for 'restricted setting' movies and this is on the top of my queue

My man, October is the gateway to Winter, has Halloween and the decay of the trees and encroaching nights.

Summer's too bright and lively, in my opinion.

THIS is top BBC horror.

I actually really didn't like Stone Tape. Nigel Kneal is a little overrated, I think.

Now, The Signalman, that's the good shit.

Neat little movie. Has a similar setting to The Thing, but vaguely Lovecraftian themes.

Summer nights are perfect for horror.

Horror is about being surprised and everyone thinks summer is light and and fluffy. SO when bad things happen it's even worse.

Jesus christ there's no need to type like a massive faggot
>le cold dark precipice of darkest winter approaches as the howling wind blows yonder

Inside (bloodycore)
The Ninth Gate (comfycore)
The Pact (spookycore)
Black Christmas (classicore AND comfycore)
The Faculty (nostalgiacore)
Salem's Lot (StevenKingcore)

Too late nigger, stay mad

I don't know about surprised, horror is meant to be scary, and what better way to be scared than in the dark of winter?

>The Ninth Gate (comfycore)
there is none comfier

but it's not a horror

Yeah, not exactly, but it's a good October film.

It's spooky enough in parts, it's definitely got some horror moments.

>TWD Season 2
>comfy
Christ... These are the anons we share a board with

Whenever it snows I HAVE to watch The Thing. It just HAS to be done.

Pontypool is a great movie, although I do think it's a bit of spoiler saying it's a zombie movie. I went into the movie blind and was very glad that I did, that way I was actually having fun trying to piece together what exactly was happening on the witness accounts. Even then, it's an incredibly creative take on the zombie genre, the virus is absolutely fascinating, I really hope they get to make a sequel one day.

>Pontypool is a really good movie, really neat idea behind it, too.

It really is ingenious. It's basically an inverted radio drama.

Kubo is a kid's movie they said

>pic related

What happened to my waifu wasn't comfy faggot.

That scene was legit creepy

I love dark, atmospheric horror, but daylight horror has its moments. The juxtaposition of horror and a bright, cheery setting can be surprisingly effective.

Rosemary's Baby(1968)
The Thing(1982)
The Shining(1980)
Antichrist(2009)
Audition(1999)
Martyrs(2008)
Funny Games(2007)
The Descent(2005)
Let the Right One In(2008)
May(2002)
The Signal(2007)
They Live(1988)
Under The Skin(2013)
Drag me to Hell(2009)
Inside(2007)
Escape Tomorrow(2013)
REC(2007)
Repulsion(1965)
The Blair Witch Project(1999)
The Witch(2015)

>May(2002)
>The Signal(2007)
>Under The Skin(2013)
>Escape Tomorrow(2013)

get rid of these and it's a solid list

hey guys , heres a good one if you like horror movies about creepy little children murdering people.

The Exorcist III is a good one. It's getting a Blu-Ray re-release next month with a new Director's Cut much closer to what Blatty originally intended. Some of the never-before-seen footage is said to be of varying picture quality, but still, I can't wait.

complete fucking garbage

that's a damn great tagline

Exorcist 3 is a damn good movie (except for Brad Dourif), I'd like to see this

>except for Brad Dourif
nigga what

>except for Brad Dourif
fuck outta here pleb

The man is a ham and cheese omelette in that movie, and he has long ass monologues. I love the rest, but he irritates me.

The Kill List
Shutter(gook version)
Sauna
Dogsoldiers

Ive stopped watching most horror movies in favor of true crime docs. Serial killers, missing persons, unsolved crimes ect. Hate to sound like a hipster but 90% of horror movies dont scare me like they used to, both because im older and hollywood doesnt make decent ones that interest me
Some have been ok, and that being said I watched Grabbers last night and it was great, but thats a ci

*but thats a comedy

Most don't scare me either, I just enjoy them. It sounds pretentious, but I just really enjoy horror theory and how a good horror film is put together. There might be moments of dread here, but I'm never really scared by them,

i agree .. recommend some good murder docs

suggest other ones

>youtube.com/watch?v=ZAgBSfw69ng
>youtube.com/watch?v=JlBT9MaJd_E
>youtube.com/watch?v=4zuApRFdwHA
>youtube.com/watch?v=Pzz9aRbpHm4
>youtube.com/watch?v=JpPLxXyKNwg
>youtube.com/watch?v=1k8iriHPlyU
>youtube.com/watch?v=f9FVxA9W11s
>youtube.com/watch?v=KFGQxhbHIew
>youtube.com/watch?v=VmW-NNapvpA

Same. Stuff like pic related is scarier than most "horror" nowadays, but I enjoy loads of shitty flicks anyway

it was not just good as a horror film but good as a film in general

Anyone here like the film Noroi?

If you do, check out the director's other two films, Cult and Occult. Nothing to do with each other, but both are great. I'm watching Cult right now.

I've watched all three, Cult is campy as fuck. I like it as a comedy. The other two, I wish the director did more of

>that terrorist attack in Occult

Cult I could take more seriously before the anime protagonist showed up. But I still like the demon thing with the blossoming head, looked pretty creepy honestly.

I think Occult is probably the scariest one for sheer tension (except for IT'S HELL) whereas Noroi just has great atmosphere all round,

You just know

Any good movies or series dealing with ghosts?

this was pretty good

wow, that book series got a movie?

just this one so far, and it was more of an indie movie. not much press hype. but it was really good

Better than VHS 3 as far as anthology series go.
It was sort of neat how they managed to tie them all together too.

>The Signal(2007)
What a piece of shit.

Watched Angel Heart recently. Liked it a lot, but I'm not sure what Angel/Johnny's motivation was for commiting the murders. Did Lucifer just command him to do it, or did he just revert back to Johnny-mode and kill the people who knew about his soul-switch? Also, was Johnny a murderer as well as a satanist, at least before the ritual where he killed Angel? I'm fairly sure it was Lucifer inducing the murders, but that seems... less interesting. And I'm not sure why he would do it.

Good movie either way.

Tales from the Crypt.

I try to get a horror movie in every week or so, but October I make it my goal to watch a horror movie erry day.

So far on my list are:
>Nightmare on Elm Street 4 (I'm aware its shit, but the only one I've watched past 3 is New Nightmare)
>Inside
>Let the Right One In
>Psycho 2
>Vertigo
>Freddy Vs. Jason
>The Mummy (1932)
>A Serbian Film
>Candyman 2
>Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2, 3, remake, remake sequel
>Friday the 13th (2009)
>Hellraiser Hellworld
>Hellraiser Deader

Any suggestions?

>Jacob's Ladder
>Mothman Prophecies
>Alien
>The Thing (John Carpenter)
>The Blair Witch Project
>Rosemary's Baby
>The Borderlands
>The Conspiracy
>Noroi: The Curse
>The Resurrected (was also known in the US as Shatterbrain)