Let's talk about this fella here

Let's talk about this fella here.
-Makes two great movies in the 70s,
-disappears
-comes suddenly back in the late 90s
and start making lots of the same movie again.

Now don't get me wrong, I actually enjoy all his movies.
They are comfy, I love to just relax to watch them, love the exploration in his films. Knight of Cups was amazing.

But what the fuck was he doing for 20 years?
And who the fuck gave this man suddenly a big ass budget again to make movies.

I imagine it to be like this

>20 years later

>Terry.......is that you.....??????

>Yes, I'm back and now I want to make the most artsy and beautiful poetic movies of our time with the most famous actors, give me lots of money.

>o....ok, here take it Terry, take it!

and why do his movies always have such bad ratings?
I think they are all very solid?
Is it because people don't like the slow pacing?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QIUjt8a7ruw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>But what the fuck was he doing for 20 years?
making Voyage of Time
/thread

It's not like all of them were poorly received, only Knight of Cups and To the Wonder have been received negatively. The rest were mostly positive, and have been looked on favorably later on, like The New World and The Thin Red Line, or are considered masterpieces, such as Tree of Lifw. Normies who watch these movies have a hard time digesting them.

He found pictures of Harvey Weinstein sucking dicks now he gets to make the same hovershot with dialogue film every three years.

Is that real?

How is he going to use camera footage from 20 years ago in 2016?
Doesn't that look.....old?

>Normies who watch these movies have a hard time digesting them.

But only normie plebs like malick.

Spending 20 years to make a 1h30 minute movie.

...what?!

>How is he going to use camera footage from 20 years ago in 2016?
He believes. And so do I.

????????????????????????

You don't know many normies, do you

>While on location in the Philippines filming The Thin Red Line, Malick was inspecting a set piece by himself when an explosive accidentally went off. The explosion reached an estimated height of 40 feet and completely destroyed a mock Japanese camp. Fearing for the worst, crew and actors alike rushed to the scene with first aid kits. Sean Penn, the first on the scene says "It was amazing, like witnessing a miracle". Penn Claims Malick walked out of the flames with out so much as a scratch. When Penn asked how this is possible, Malick simply replied "I believed."

He became a apprentice baker and a taught as a professor/lecturer during those 20 years

>father, when with the dubbes come?
>have I lost my dubbs
>father, show me where are though dubbs.

>where thous I check em?

It's his life's dream
And now we finally get to see it

His name was Antoine at the time, I believe

Jews fear the Malick?

Is this meme magic?

Is you dumb?

What if Malick has been making all these movies just for the excuse to do something else?

you know, like James Cameron just wanted to go diving, that's why he made Titanic.

>But what the fuck was he doing for 20 years?

His main income is OIL MONEY, you can look that up

He just can do whatever he wants

He makes movies because he loves us all

American rubbish posing as art

Malick is Assyrian and is heavily influenced by Continental philosophy!

>OIL MONEY
what a hypocrite

That's coming from a director who loves to give us great positive message about nature and environment.

He was trying to make bubble boy, but couldnt figure it out and just gave up and made TTRL.

Normies despise Malick. I remember when Tree Of Life came out and they were all calling it pretentious trash with 20 minutes of stock footage thrown in to try and seem deep.

They also consider TTRL a boring war film and haven't seen Badlands or Days of Heaven.

>mfw it looks like terrys are coming at me

STOP

>He became a apprentice baker
What?

I heard Malick loves to confuse everybody, not just the audience.

>Three days before the shoot, Lennon was finally told some information: The scene is at a Hollywood party, so he should be dressed as if he were going to a party in the Hollywood Hills.

>cast every famous male actor in hollywood for a war movie
>ends up cutting 80% of their roles for 5 minutes shots of grass with narration and giving all screentime to a literally who who would later become Jesus and have his career destroyed to pieces

BRAVO MALICK.

I hope someday they release the 10 hour version of The Thin Red Line where lots of actors deliver an Oscar performance.

Mickey Rooke said his performance in TTRL was Oscar worthy.

wtf why is every actor in this movie?
It even has the Joker!

youtube.com/watch?v=QIUjt8a7ruw