Movies that shouldn't have flopped

Movies that shouldn't have flopped

This is a common mistake people make OP but if you look closely you'll see that Chloe " box office poison " Moretz is in that film.

tomorrow land was pish

yer da sells avon mate

>Trailers: Look at this fun exciting world with all these crazy inventions
>Reality: Soviet era Russia

Where, is she behind that fridge?

Lol

Dredd

They pulled a bait & switch trying to sell this as a fun Narnia adventure fantasy movie but then it turns out to be an overly elaborate love letter to an old silent filmmaker.

Martin should have just made a biopic about the guy

Tomorrowland actually had a poster? That's more marketing than I ever saw leading up to the actual movie.

The Counselor
Judge Dredd

The Nice Guys

The first 2/3rds were shit and Im glad it flopped

>Martin should have just made a biopic about the guy
this

Sci-fi is for nerds, m80

Fucking pic easily

Ghostbusters 2016

And just as Nu-Trek actually started to get good too.

Even worse considering that Frozen came out a year later and...well we know the story there.

Shit villain

Shit doomsday weapon

Shit climax

This year has also been poison for 'actually good kid's movies that make no money'. Kubo, the BFG and Pete's Dragon have all bombed or look likely to.

No one cares about Star Trek now that based Star Wars is back.

And you just know Pootopia will get the Oscar

Are you kidding me?
How is saving the day with the power of the beastie boys "getting good"
The movie was actually alright up until that point. I fucking couldn't contain my cringe with the way the explosions were in time to the song and everything.
Besides, Nu trek is borin unimaginative shit that wants to be star wars more than star trek and fails miserably at both

Nah Finding Dory will. Pixar comes above Disney in the hierarchy of who the Academy automatically gives an animation award to for films they never bothered to watch.

the counselor was pretentious shit. got too full of itself and completely lost most viewers along the way through the edge and over the top dialogue.

Didn't necessarily flop, but performed much poorer than it should have

I love this movie. It's scorsese making a kid's movie ( feels like Harry potter or huck finn) but it is so cinematic. I wish it wasn't sold as just a kid's movie though, there is barely enough plot or relatable characters for kids.