-DC

-DC
>You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun, Kal. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders.

-MCU
>DUDE,I FARTED!LMAO

explain this

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1475115117170.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=cZ12ghCqO3o
philosophy.wisc.edu/hunt/nietzsche&fountainhead.htm
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/9781118324950.ch14/summary
youtube.com/watch?v=VGsrMaxx8N4
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tripe
cookinghawaiianstyle.com/component/recipe/recipes/detail/1880/island-tripe-stew
youtube.com/watch?v=QINAncxTu_c
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Too bad those deep things you talked about in DC films come off as laughable because the actors can't act out those scenes properly and Snyder can't shoot a serious scene to save his life. It all seems like forced emotions that don't hit you with any emotion just laughter.

That's why Superman's death didn't make anybody sad or make anybody even care that he died.

>desperate damage control 1 post in
pathetic

Wow that was fast

samefuckingfag

>pretend shit is good
>get (you)s

>pretend people are retarded for thinking shit is shit
>get more (you)s

the fact this shit is still going is pretty sad.

Marvlets are utterly pathetic.

But BvS isn't shit. Anybody with a modicum of taste knows it.

Even after being called out, you still want to make meme and bait posts?

Snyder is a great visual storyteller, but that's where his talent ends. He'd make a god-tier cinematographer. Or maybe he could just co-direct.

>Snyder is a great visual storyteller

The only way to prove or disprove a claim like that would be for him to direct a movie with no dialogue.

A short one.

Like a music video.

Snyder should be in charge of the trailers only desu .
His action scenes have been pretty bad as of late.
The Zod fight was cartoonist and resembled a DBZ fight .
The Doomsday fight was even worst.

DC
>Capeshit

MCU
>Capeshit

>The only way to prove or disprove a claim like that would be for him to direct a movie with no dialogue.

>I don't know anything about film

DC is superhero kino

Marvel is sitcoms starring superheroes

wow, back to already?

MoS in general was just a more retarded version of DBZ. They even knocked off the nappa vs military jets scene.

Marvel characters don't usually have god complexes.

Also it's one of the company's founding philosophies that the heroes have realistic personal problems.

That's actually true. I was unironically more sad when quicksilver died than superman. Fucking quicksilver.

DC Villains > DC Batman > Marvel Super Heroes > Rest of the DC Super Heroes > Marvel Villains

Joker has been the only good villain.
The rest have been shit.

I meant Joker has been the only good villain in DC movies.
The rest have been shit.

Can we stop having this discussion? Marvel lost. DC won. Get over it.

>Implying capeshit films of all kinds aren't for manchildren

The only things I remember from dc movies are Ledger's Joker and bane posting

DC wins the meme wars so DC wins according to Cred Forums rules

What about...
> Stop invincible son
> Marthaaa
> Honka Honka

I fucked it, I meant "the only good things I remember"

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1475115117170.webm

Not really caught up with capeshit but how did DC win? Aren't the avengers marvel? And they're the most popular movie from what I can tell.

One understands it's a childrens movie. The other one thinks it's high art.

Was flying like a superhero part of your plan?

Well DC has many memes due to the movies trying to be serious while Marvel is happy and just shits out quips/one liners.

Dude stop. Youre making a fool of yourself

Both are still for children, no matter how much you try.

Cry harder, manchild.

Marvel's kino now.

Its mostly because of how tiresome it was. Yes, we get it, kal-el is the el christo, jaja, hurry the fuck up and die.

Whats even worse is snynder wanted a whole other movie to slam the audience with the superjesus shit before the "shocking" "self-sacrifice."

Winning the meme wars means the movie was bad, but people are trying to convince themselves otherwise, and being reminded of how bad the movie was by spamming "BANE??" made people tangibly angry.

aia all the way baby cic is a fat fuck

>he didn't choke up when superman died

Not only that. But it's a retread of the Superman Returns death scene. So we've already seen that.

>Do you quip?
>you will
what did he mean by this?

this

Maybe if Cavill had charisma, there would be some impact.

I didn't even read the comics and I'd already seen that. Superman dying then coming back was second hand knowledge to goddamn everyone alive when it happened. I even remember it being on the goddamn nightly news once or twice.

Then snyder adding absolutely nothing to it was just insulting.

I never saw Civil War cuz fuck the Avengers but I watched the X-Men movies and Quicksilver cuz all the webms make him look cool as fuck.
I watched Apocalypse recently thinking he died, and here I find out it's a Quicksilver from the fucking Avenger movies.
Who gives a fuck?
The Quicksilver from those two X-Men movies are better than the movies themselves and a better character than anything from the MCU.

No.

Just marathoned this. What did I think of it?

You hated it.

I didn't know JJ co-directed Civil War?

An underrated overrated piece of alright trash that was okay in it's own merit.

>Snyder

Films with emotional depth, rich thematic weight, subversive commentary, actual knowledge of comic history, sometime flawed execution, but works made with passions and commitment.

>MCU

Assembly line manufactured blandness. Little to no depth whether it be in emotions or narrative. Works made with no passion. Rarely outright horrible, but never exceptional.

>Superman's death didn't make anybody sad

Speak for yourself.

>Well DC has many memes due to the movies trying to be serious

Yes, spread by the insecure mammy-babby manchildren that can't understand depth.

Critically, DC has been the "serious one" for a long, long, long fucking time now, and is regarded as such by nearly every single entity around.

MARVEL has Secret Wars and that's about it.

>forced shitty, lofty dialogue is good
I feel like this whole "DCKino" thing started out as a meme but then of course idiots took it seriously and now people post this shit and think its good

>That's why Superman's death didn't make anybody sad or make anybody even care that he died.

I guess we'll see if Marvel can make us feel if one of their characters ever fucking dies.

Marvel has objectively killed more characters than the DCEU at this point.

>The Killing Joke that high
Utterly dated and nowhere near as great as people pretend. Even Alan Moore hates it.

It stays that high simply because of
>so why aren't you laughing?

That scene's been done better in other books.

Snyder is a pseudo intelectual with no talent.

But not as well.

He doesn't even pretend to be a pseudointellectual, hes just a man with all the artistic sensibility of a 13 year old boy.

I don't get this way of thinking? What franchise has ever released 3 shit tier movies and then their fourth was a masterpiece that saved everything?

>people seriously arguing which capeshit brand is better

Zack "need to release a director's cut version because my narrative is shit" Snyder

>call Snyder pseudo intelectual
>post litmus test for casuals
m8, c'mon

That's snyder's work m80, along with memehundred and BS

Then stay on /lit/

>he complains that a fight with two gods flying around and punching each other through buildings is too DBZ like
Truly a pleb

This

Trippy trips confirm

DC was trying too hard to make MoS the Dark Knight trilogy of Superman movies.

this really makes u thin

Not really.

What's worse, using a classic scene and classic characters as toilet paper or just making shit?

>u've taken everythin from me imma destroys everythings u love
>spends half an hour punching superman in the face then gets his neck snapped
>most deaths are the direct result of superman's actions

really makes you think

>here's a dude floating out of the reach of people who need his help, looking upon their suffering
>here's some people having an argument over one guy's butt-buddy
Eh. I liked Civil War.

>graphic novels
>lists trades that collect issues from ongoing series or collections of limited series
Okay then.

>highfalutin ideas, even if poorly executed, are automatically better than fun

nope

>character deaths = gravitas

You have to be retarded to not cry when amazing grace starts playing

Are marbelcucks this mentally challenged?

Marvel
>The Black Panther has been a protector of Wakanda for generations. A mantle passed from warrior to warrior. Now because your friend murdered my father, I also wear the mantle of king. So I ask you, as both warrior and king, how long do you think you can keep your friend safe from me?

DC
>BOYS! MMMMM!

I can cherrypick as well!

>MARVEL has Secret Wars and that's about it.
If you've never read any comics, don't pretend you have.
DC's Vertigo stuff is still the best though.

>highfalutin

... god damnit why is this in any fucking dictionary

Here we can clearly see Marvel quips and some thought-provoking WB writing.

>Hush and the Earth One books
>Essential
topkek

I find DC more interesting, but they're both pretty shitty tbqh. Are you really going to sit here and defend the second biggest producer of capeshit, especially when they continue to try and act like Marvel?

-MCU

>For as long as I can remember I just wanted to do what was right. I guess I'm not quite sure what that is anymore. And I thought I could throw myself back in and follow orders, serve. It's just not the same.

-DC
>What if I have to tinkle
>I thought she was with you
>This some kind of Suicide Squad
>We're the bad guys, it's what we do
>Talk to fish
>she seems nice
>HONKA HONKA
>Your a man
>More more or more less?
>I need friends
>love your perfume. what is that? the stench of death?

>dull monotonous shit is better than corny shit

I find your virginity cute

Don't forget

>is she with you?
>i thought she was with you!

and

>I guess from the cape!

I guess this is such fertile bait soil because you can say shit like that and no one will know which is which.

Way to overthink it autist.

Grow up, no one cares about a literal kid's movies writing

This. His death was cheap and shitty.

The last three years seems to suggest otherwise. Quite strongly.

>Snyder is a great visual storyteller

THEY'RE BOTH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTT

CAPE SHIT IS SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTT

Is this from a JRPG?

/r/ing the pic comparing it to the american civil war

I just wanna say I like the "talk to fish" line. I don't know why everyone hates it. That said OP is DUMB.

fucking gross

What dreamcast game is that?

Holy shit, this is almost a religious experience. Thank you based Snyder, I finally see as the Angels see.

See

I remember that scene, it's the one where Superman hovers to create imagery while make absolutely no sense in the process.

doomsday scenes were fucking eye vomit at the theater

That fucking eye

>dat zoom

kek

>nooo don't ruffle my cape!

God I fucking hate how Snyder uses the zoom in his fight scenes, it always looks like fucking garbage.

This is a 200 million dollar professional Hollywood movie, why the fuck are you shooting it like an episode of The Office? Do you have any idea how cheap and terrible that looks?

youtube.com/watch?v=cZ12ghCqO3o

Why did the side of the building explode when Superman hit it?

Why do people think that Frank Miller's such a great writer? I just don't get the hype, all the graphic novels he's written either bore the shit out of me or just don't stand out at all to me. I think that if I had read TDKR in the 80s it would've been pretty spectacular but it seems pretty dated. Hush needs to be higher, Watchmen's still fucking great though despite being released roughly at the same time as TDKR.

What other franchise started off with three absolute shit movies, but fans were still hopeful that the next one will be the one?

it makes it look real!

also the comics do it! its a comic book movie1

Like how all crashed cars in action movies explode. It's the damnedest thing.

cuz 9/11, duh

>Marvel has Secret Wars

Infinity Gauntlet? God Loves Man Kills? Daredevil: Born Again?

what does sups see while spinning?

Squadron Supreme and Kraven's Last Hunt ought to be brought up if we're doing this thing.

Look at the weight of the stakes in this scene. It crushes the viewer, leaving them breathless even as the spectacle of the visuals would have them gasp.

Punisher Max was pretty good.

Yeah but that's a whole series. Then again the list of "graphic novels" lists a whole bunch of things that are not graphic novels.

Tell that to Zod's snapped neck

>these scenes are all better than RDJ's head floating around on a CGI iron man suit for half the movie and cartoon Hulk

>look, look! bony spikes! he's totally Doomsday, huh?
But Hulk wasn't even in Civil War.

I was referring to Hulk's appearance in the Avengers

Shouldn't you compare BvS to Civil War rather than a movie that came out in 2012?

Oh yeah didn't realise it was graphic novels. I haven't read many Marvel graphic novels. I don't hear much about them aside from Born Again.

People are still showing MoS clips so if MoS is fair game, so is Avengers

What about Green Lantern?

Born Again is not a graphic novel, it's a story arc in Daredevil, dagnabbit.

Holy fuccken shit dude everyone is listing everything as a graphic novel. It is confusing.

A graphic novel is just its own story. When you collect issues x, y and z of a given series and slap them together, it's not a graphic novel.
Even Watchmen doesn't qualify as a graphic novel because it was released as a twelve-issue miniseries.

Yeah I get that. Just a lot of people have been calling things graphic novels that aren't graphic novels.

Yes. Because nobody cares about the meaning.

I dont understand. I thought you were going to throw some bad cinematography at me but all I see is Kino

kino is a meaningless pretentious buzzword

I see you don't bring your own crab legs to the theater.

Yes, I don't use retarded memes meant for teenagers.

Go fly a kite, kid.

Fuck off retard.

Well congratulations, you managed to get yourself upset. What's the next step in your master plan?

I'm not upset
Fuck off, retard
Is pretending to be retarded your entire knowledge of cinema? It shows.

user. You're on the internet. On an anonymous imageboard. In a place full of memes. And you're upset. At the memes. At the "kino" meme specifically.
This is not the place for you if this kind of thing is overwhelming for you. Everyone knows those scenes are shit. Nobody thinks they're good. That's the joke. Please either get the joke or go be a crybaby somewhere else.

>defending using retarded buzzwords like a child because le 4chin is maymays xDDD
This place really has gone to shit
/film/ when

Except the scenes are pure gold I totally agree.

Tell that to Zodd's snapped neck

>/kino/
FTFY
See you there, kid.

You're using buzzword as a buzzword, punk.

Retarded.

>DC
>MUH EXCEPTIONAL INDIVIDUAL AMONG LESSER BEINGS
>explain this
Snyder is a randtard.

Sounds like something only a parasite would say.
>Snyder creates the objective masterpiece of BvS
>less talented masses fail to see his greatness
Snyder is living Fountainhead.

>>he reds Ayn Rand unironically

Lemme guess: Atlas Shrugged was your fave movie series, amirite?

Yes. Atlas Shrugged is the greatest work of "fiction" ever written. I'm an being 100% serious and NOT in the least bit sarcastic to make fun of Snyder and his fans. You got it in one, Mr. Evans.

An unrealistic cringe prison scene and characters kiddy fair marvelshit trash..

It was fun stuff with a complete non-entity villain. Cute Waspfu coming up.

Fine by me bro.

See, if I wanted a serious philosopher that espoused morals and virtues that focused on the self over others, and the limits one should overcome to become better, I'd recommend Frederick Nietzsche.

And if I wanted to read the works of a literary person who bemoaned the death of God and failing morals, can't really go wrong with Dostoyevsky.

And if I wanted to read the best moral philosophers out there, I'd highlight Kant's Categorical Imperative. Or even Aristotle's Final Cause.

But sure. If Ayn "I'm too good for peer review" Rand works for you, go ahead.

Typical of a parasite, being unable to present a single original idea. You're completely relying on other philosophers to think for you, unlike objectivists who are all original thinkers.

>>relying on Ayn Rand's ideals
>>original

Kek. The fact that you even like Atlas Shrugged, or value her focus on individuality, shwos that you still "follow" her. Your dieals aren't original.

Rand got her shit from Nietzsche, btw

Just as Rand never borrowed a single idea and built her own worldview with the sweat of her brow, so too has Zack Snyder produced a miraculous cinematic world wherein elements may be found that parasites view as being taken from elsewhere, such as religious paintings of Excalibur, but the truth of the matter is that Snyder's unique genius has produced these ideas all on its own, meaning the themes and motifs that centuries of different artists worked on were born of a single mind independently.
THAT is the caliber of creator he is.

>parasite

Well bro.

Grew your own crops yet? Made your own internet modem?

Pics or gtfo

>Just as Rand never borrowed a single idea

Nietzsche

>built her own worldview with the sweat of her brow
Again, NIETZSCHE

Rand didn't do shit. She merely took Nietzsche's world-view, simplified it, and put her own name on it

philosophy.wisc.edu/hunt/nietzsche&fountainhead.htm

onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/9781118324950.ch14/summary

You can say what you want about me, but Nietzsche is fucking legit. Dude was a philologist, like Tolkien, and the nigga knew language. Rand was just a department store clerk who saw the threat against communism at the time and saw a golden opportunity to brand a school of thought to attract people

> Zack Snyder produced a miraculous cinematic world wherein elements may be found that parasites view as being taken from elsewhere, such as religious paintings of Excalibur
>but the truth of the matter is that Snyder's unique genius has produced these ideas all on its own, meaning the themes and motifs that centuries of different artists worked on were born of a single mind independently

This is the finest hypocritical statement I've seen on this board to date.

Bravo to you, good sir.

Keep replying please

I'm running out of ideas to keep this thing going, someone else take over.

Jesus metaphors are too deep.

Dem trips

>>also, mfw actual philobros and kino watchers enjoy the MCU

"There was an idea, Stark knows this, called the Avengers Initiative. The idea was to bring together a group of remarkable people, see if they could become something more. See if they could work together when we needed them to to fight the battles we never could.
Phil Coulson died, still believing in that idea. In heroes.
Well, it's a good old-fashioned notion."

In this brilliant scene, we see Nick Fury espousing on Kant's Categorical Imperative. The imperative can be summed up thusly:

"A categorical imperative, on the other hand, denotes an absolute, unconditional requirement that must be obeyed in all circumstances and is justified as an end in itself. It is best known in its first formulation:

Act only according to that maxim whereby you can, at the same time, will that it should become a universal law."

Paraphrased, it means that, no matter the circumstances, no matter the differences, a certain ideal/value must be upheld for the good of all, and it must be base don an ideal that all agree too.

The Avengers are all different. Iron Man is a genius millionaire play=boy capitalist individualist. Captain America is a self-sacrificing classic old fashion WW 2 soldier. Thor is a Norse God who is alien to the ways of Earth.

But they all agree on one thing: they need to be heroes, and work together for that one right time they need to do so.

Truly kino.

guess we all agree marvel is shit

of course we do, also lol ten movies a year

-DC
>None stop boring shit filler for almost an entire third of the movie, then the Lol we spin around and get thrown like ragdolls "fighting" happens. Someone "dies" the end...

-MCU
>Action intro in an action comic book film. Plot begins with reasonable use of interesting dialog and small action sequences, till the final fight where the plot's dialog is mixed into the fighting sequence along with comical relief as this is a movie for pre teens and young adults.

Its a comic book action movie not citizen cane.

Hey motherfucker there's no "we"

Here we see a typical example of the inferior mindset of a Marvelite parasite. They see quipping in a day-time TV special for the whole family (read, for the children) and they think the shallow babble with a coating of maturity is something they should be proud of consuming.
Every single one of these "characters" is a walking joke-dispenser with a color-coded suit so you won't confuse them for one another. They have no personalities beyond silly concepts like fighting for truth, justice and the American way (as if those mean anything) and cracking jokes as they do so, rinse and repeat for 13 movies.
Compare all this to the oceanic depths of characterization Snyder gives his cast in mere two. The haunted, twisted psyche of Batman, the tormented and conflicted demigod Superman, the uhh, the feminist icon Wonder Woman, the typical God-hating fedora tipper Lex Luthor, General Zod and his outdated code by which he lived even after losing everything. These are more than mere characters. These are embodiments of different facets of human experience, fighting for truth, justice and the American way, timeless values in an ever changing world.

I think you're just a retard replying with yourself. I hope you die.

yes there is
;)

Here we see the typical example of the DCnian parasite, who misconstrues a kino statement by a Marvelbro, and twists it with needless jargo with blatantly appraising its own DCEU tripe.

youtube.com/watch?v=VGsrMaxx8N4

DCucks on suicide watch

Wow, you're a faggot.

See what I mean by parasite? He's unable to even construct his own posts, robbing instead from mine to find some form or structure to his inane blather, much like how Captain America: Civil War stole the premise of Batman v Superman.

>The haunted, twisted psyche of Batman

Which was done better in The Dark Knight

>the tormented and conflicted demigod Superman,

Lol jesus symbolism

Also you call Jsus a demigod? Typical. I bet you like the Star Wars prequels

>the uhh, the feminist icon Wonder Woman

Whats with the uuuh? You got a problem with feminism? Typical dcuck, having problems with feminism.

>the typical God-hating fedora tipper Lex Luthor

Except he had no fedora. Or neckbeard. At most he was autistic

>General Zod and his outdated code by which he lived even after losing everything

Random alien who wants to invade Earth for [isnert invasion reasons[

At least Loki had a reason - he wanted tog et back to Asgard. And he had an obligation to Thanos (there is a ramification for this)

>These are more than mere characters

No they are mere characters

>These are embodiments of different facets of human experience, fighting for truth, justice and the American way, timeless values in an ever changing world.

Btw, is evangelion your favourite anime? Just asking.

See what I mean by parasite? He works by response. He looks for bait and catches on to it, and cries like when he has no bait

I'm disappointed in both of you for not noticing the use of "truth, justice and the American way" in two contradictory ways.

The other statements were already rich dcuck tripe. Good for stew

It is an obvious fact that DC is better than Marvel, objectively. Only manchildren like such garbage like Captain America or Doctor Strange or Spiderman, whilst the true intellectuals appreciate the heroes that is Batman or Superman. Snyder is maybe one of the best cinematographique, kinoesquay-laruesso visionaries of his time, enough to put directors such as David Lynch, Kubrick or Tarkovsky to shame. Even the plots of DC movies alone can reach the heights of intense complexity, intense high art that only people with an IQ above 150 could understand. It is also a scientific fact that people who appreciate his movies are either very systemic intellectuals or creative artistic visionaries that composes the minority of most movie fans today. Snyder'segacy will surely last throughout the endogtratic kinomatique xolitia of what we call Earth.

Stew?

>DC is better because it's more self-aggrandizing
Same argument every time

>intelectual

What did he mean by this?

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tripe

cookinghawaiianstyle.com/component/recipe/recipes/detail/1880/island-tripe-stew

Fascinating. Once again a new layer is uncovered through our study and meditation of Snyder's work.

>They will race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun, Kal.

This is retarded. So now everyone can be Superman?

Have you read All Star Superman? It was his gift to the future. More Supermen.

No, it actually means Supes will lead them to hell.

No, I watched the movie. Why do I have to read a fucking book before watching the movie for it to make any sense?

.... actually Bananas might be a better analogy

What doesn't make sense about it?

It's just inspirational dialogue.

Because Superman wouldn't need to "lead them into the Sun" if Jor never sent him there in the first place.

>people don't like the overly dark tone of BVS
>Justice League trailer comes out
>QUIPQUIPQUIPQUIP

Can't hold all these keks.

Holy fuck I hope you're trolling

The idea of someone searching Sucker Punch for deep meaning is really disturbing

You realise there are actual films and all other kinds of cultural artefacts that have been made with adults in mind right. There's plenty of other shit to do.

Typical capeshit fans, incapable of discussing their superhero movies, without resorting to memes and insults.

Here we see another one of the uninitiated.

this

> And what falls... is fallen.

ben is hardly containing himself to not laugh at jared. lmao dude has shitty taste in clothes

Reminder that the (((MCU))) supports Hillary

>It's a good thing half of Gotham City is abandoned for literally no reason, or that might have hurt someone.

I think it's mostly out of desperation at this point.

kids vs adults

>"I-I'm not upset!"

>he screams angrily in defense of his upsetness, as he downs another fistful of tendies.

>It all seems like forced emotions that don't hit you with any emotion just laughte

child youtube.com/watch?v=QINAncxTu_c

>DC

>There's a hero
>and a villain
>Then there's a CGI monster with so many CGI special effects you can't see what's happening half the fucking fight
>Now pee in this jar

hey mongo

Pure kino.

Every time.

Just beauty.

all the DC lines sound like shit made for trailers but they're just pretentious shit that mean nothing and have no relevance to the story

>marvelcucks will defend this

>Random alien who wants to invade Earth for [isnert invasion reasons[
I actually really liked Zod's characterisation, and I critiqued MoS and BvS pretty harshly when I watched him. The concept of a caste warrior predetermined into an unwavering role of protection and violence in service to a doomed race was pretty compelling villainy, and Shannon sold it with his performance.

why does Ben look like he just came back from sealing deals at a mortgage brokerage?

>Hovering for an eternity above a person pleading for help

What did he mean by this?

DCEU is shit

DC threads are so comfy.

>That's why Superman's death didn't make anybody sad or make anybody even care that he died.

Oh no, Superman died?

How utterly unexpected.

Couldn't have predicted that'd happen.

I bet he stayed dead/will stay dead too

>>DC threads are terrible as all hell

FTFY

>>Pure shit

Ftfy

Snyder was subtly showing us that Superman is the real villain of the DCEU