Just got done watching this

Beautifully shot, well acted, well written.. all my opinion of course. But WTF did I just watch?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rjqYpsuBrPU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The burning house represents death and her acceptance of death

Ok. Can i get an explanation of the movie as a whole? The woman moved into the house that was burning...I know its symbolism but are they trying to say shes going to die later in the movie do to buying a burning house?

pretentious art house garbage to make you feel superior

>Can i get an explanation of the movie as a whole?
It's pointless to examine your life ad infinitum, to get lost in the details is not the purpose of existence.

is that why she was better off than the main character and enjoyed life more?

THink it means that we sometimes buy stuff than leads to our death, like you can buy a car but it could be the one you have car crash in and die. The house being on fire shows that she brought a death wish without knowing it and just again reinforces the theme of death and its presence in daily life

Why wouldn't she be happier if she was content with her choices and their repercussions?

>WTF did I just watch?

Why does everyone say this about this fucking movie

or is this a meme

it's a life experience encapsulated into film
that's exactly what it was
and it was done in a sweet and comedic way

Hard to explain if you haven't watched the movie.

It really doesn't make any literal sense at all.

I've seen it multiple times and if you understand charlie kaufman's work you know its always about mental troubles, but specifically this movie is about trying to be a perfectionist and trying to make the perfect piece of art but never ultimately releasing it to the public. Imagine a great director makes a movie you love and then he spends the rest of his life working on his next project but it never comes to fruition because hes obsessed with getting it perfect

Well sure but do you really not understand why people would watch it and think:

>WTF did I just watch?

The way the idea are expressed don't follow any basic logic.

>But WTF did I just watch?
Proof that Charlie Kaufman shouldn't direct.

Yea but

>WTF did I just watch?

is posted every time this movie is mentioned, it feels like a meme

If you're not used to non-literal story telling then you should do a little research before posting

As far as memes go its more fitting then the other shit

>le big guy 4u

>WTF did I just watch?
Two hours of your life go down the shitter

>mfw I actually live in Schenectady NY

I've seen it 2-3 times just like Ebert told me to like a good little boy. I often find that the subconscious message of someone's work can best be understood by looking at recurrent motifs between their works.

The most obvious examples are: wife leaving you for another woman (BJM); gender inversion (BJM-john cusack inhabits body of daughter at the end, Caden says at one point that he wishes he had been born a woman, and dreams of being a little girl picknicking with her mother, is replaced by female director, plays a female cleaning lady), perfectionism in art (BJM), oblivion (ESOTSM), eternal return (ESOSM), giving a child a quirky gift that they quickly get tired of and throw away (Anomalisa), life as (marionette) theatre (BJM, Anomalisa); babushka doll meta world within a world within a world theme I don't know what to call (ESOTSM)

Synthesising all of this, my guess is that Charlie Kauffman has abandonment issues due to being raised by a mother that never showed him affection, probably because she was too busy painting, a severe neurotic and cerebral narcissist who cashes in on his fame to fuck big titted women with glasses to achieve a kind of spiritual reunion with the divine feminine and so eradicate his fear of death. But once he blows his load he realises his folly and goes and channels his disappointment into degenerate demoralising art. Why does he do this? Because he wants to discourage mankind from finding pure love and salvation because he's worried that others are capable of achieving it and the problem is with himself

youtube.com/watch?v=rjqYpsuBrPU
Watch the other parts after this, too.
They're 20 minutes each but worth it.

>muh existence

What

A movie about pretty much everything.