Anybody watching?

anybody watching?
>dearborn PD rounding up muzzies right now

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jericho_(2006_TV_series)
justjared.com/2006/04/14/kiefer-sutherland-rolling-stone/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

can this be more hamfisted?

maybe it was the vampires

needs more Bauer

Anyone want to take bets that the white, Christian villain will be stopped by the caramel, Muslim Vice President?

I literally turned it off when the police asked Kal "Osama Bin Laden" Penn what was in his backpack.

This was exactly my fear with this show: it doesn't know what it wants to be, so it's going to touch everything and see what sticks. So dumb.

Damnit, Chloe! Get me the president. But... I am the president.

You can't tell me what to do guy with the most powerful military in history under his command.

>bawww muh police brutality
>bawww muh religion of peace
>bawww muh walking while brown
Not!Rick Scott has done nothing wrong. Another cucked show to scratch off the list.

>evil whites attacking completely innocent muslims

no thank you

INB4 AL-ZAKAR WAS FRAMED AND IT WAS AN EVIL WHITE REPUBLICAN BEHIND EVERYTHING

maybe it was the governor of michigan

AAAAAH HE SAID DAMMIT~~

TWENTY FIVE PERCENT DAMN IT

Little more teeth on Tom this episode, he'll grow into the role of President soon enough. It's pretty predictable but so far it's still worth keeping up with only two episodes in. Second episode wasn't worse than the first, basically, which is a good sign overall.

I'd bet a billion dollars it's an "alt right" domestic terrorist group

We'll see how the writing holds up, marketeer.

>Entire federal government destroyed
>During his speech at ground zero everyone is more concerned with ONE MUSLIM being beaten up by police

Ahahaha what a fucking joke this is

>It's a "beating conveniently caught on camera and instantly goes viral" episode

>suspicious fat white male taken down
You may be right.

>Literally everyone in the crowd gets the same message because reasons.
>"Mr, President this just happened, what are your in-depth opinions on it?"
>Some retard rushes the POTUS in the wake of the newest 9/11.
>Secret Service will be scorned as overzealous and bullies.

le edgy teenage drug dealee

>it's a "Jack Bauer is too beta to do anything" episode

Oh great here comes the muzzie martyr teen

oh ffs, it wouldnt be the first time a person was beaten to death by a cop in america. look up kelly thomas.

and now in the midst of financial collapse and food shortages, this is now kirkmans top priority?

I predict the beaten Muslim will be portrayed as an all American teen

>it was a ruse xD

Aww, Kumar is just so used to being treated so poorly by police that he has forgiven all involved and doesnt play the victim at all. I mean, he was detained by police and they were rude to him!

HE SHURFIFE?!

The word "Designated" has been ruined for me

So the entire US government got wiped out and the show focuses on a Muslim teenager in Michigan?

DROPPED
R
O
P
P
E
D

Turned off this show when they did the whole "15 hours earlier" bit. You spend an entire fucking 5 minutes setting up a scene only to revert all that hysteria into "muh family time"?? Why not continue on with that scene? Why not let the audience feel as confused as the main character? We already understand the family dynamic from the brief phonecall! Fuck me man

INB4 the bomb was a red herring

well, it is 2016

This show would be absolute fucking trash without Chief Kief.

True but Kief makes it good so shut up.

What, like, in real life, or is this a tv show or something..?

He's a qt

Indeed

Huh, I never imagined him to be this fit, isn't he a hardcore alcoholic?

Or that after years of playing a democrat sjw president, we'll forget why we liked him in the first place..

I'm glad Keifer finally is on a decent show but the biggest problem with this show is that he is Keifer. The hardest part about this show is believing he is a pussy faggot not used to the role of being in control. Whenever he takes control and acts presidential, its like no shit he can do that.

Hes like the opposite of Trump

This. When he went alpha on the Iranian in the pilot it felt too natural instead of "wow wtf, this guy has a backbone after all".

The most surprising part about that exchange was that he didn't enhance interrogation that guy for not being 100% straight with him from the beginning

I think this episode was a significant drop from the pilot. It was the same structure, just worse.
>there's a political region that doesn't have confidence in President Kief
>They want to step up and challenge him
>He pussies out under pressure and has to take a moment to collect himself
>The threat escalates
>Kirkman channels the spirit of Jack Bauer, and delivers a verbal thrashing to the enemy, threatening to do something drastic if they don't back down
>They back down and there are no lasting consequences
It's all played really safe and boring

I imagined this in a hammy golden-age superhero voice. Captain Kino, not easily swayed by the soothing words of the Mercenary Marketeer.

>in 24 Jack Bauer has none of the authority and all of the backbone

>in Designated Survivor Tom Kirkman has all of the authority and none of the backbone

pottery
In all seriousness though there are some great ideas that can be explored in this show. I hope they don't cock it up.

Honestly lets say the terrorist attack had instead taken out the president and the vp and maybe about 1000 civilians, and Kief was the speaker of the house now becomes the president. The amount of tension would actually feel appropriate.

There is talk of panic on the banks but we never see anyone actually panicking, were just told it's happening. The evil white governor of Michigan rounds the Muslims up for no reason other than some vague notion of they might be dangerous. Alright, I could see them doing something like that but why not show how Americans are acting out of fear? Why not show the raw anger they feel at various Middle Eastern countries celebrating this, the threats a group like ISIS would launch at the already shell shocked populace?

TV is in its golden age and we are constantly seeing the best TV shows ever written.

The vast majority of those are NOT being broadcast on network TV.

Imagine all the cool shit this show can do

>more governors acting like the Michigan governor
>some states try and split from the US
>civil war II
>world war III

Fuck I love Chief Kief

Based on the first 2 episodes, I highly doubt they will do anything that fun.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jericho_(2006_TV_series)

well at least they had an accurate portrayal of the press as opportunistic jewish snakes

Yeah I can't watch network television anymore the writing just has no subtlety.

I've been meaning to watch this, it looks based. Why was it canceled?

same reason anything gets canceled, not enough viewers.
It was a great show while it lasted.

It was competing with LOST and it was like that Avatar show on FOX, decent, but not amazing story that was simply too expensive to justify the good but not great ratings

>it's a Kirkman suddenly becomes alpha scene

Kief is great, but I'm afraid this won't last.

wtf I have a husbando now

just imagine what will happen when Trump wins and Obama declares martial law and refuses to leave the White House

Why is he so smug?

The show seems like it's just going to be horribly predictable at this point, scene for scene.

The ending of the first episode seemed like it had some vague promise with the general looking to seize power, and then all he does this episode is whine about it once to make it obvious that he won't make a move until Aaron betrays him in a few more episodes.

The social commentary is hamfisted and nothing new or indicative of the actual reality behind them.

Please tell me he already cucked his annoying wife with the secretary.

D E S I G N A T E D

EXISTENTIAL KINO

>KIEFNO

>biggest attack in US history
>the entire nation is on its knees
>somehow people give a shit about muh Muslim discrimination

Why is Kief the Chief so dreamy?

good to know

i knew with the topic being politics it would become propaganda pretty fast thanks for saving me the time

>genuine bro
>nice smile
>will buy everyone drinks and back you in a bar fight
>will give you life advice
>not a pretentious celebrity, just works as an actor
>comfy voice
>will let you teach him about video games
>GOAT operator Jack Bauer

>not a pretentious celebrity, just works as an actor
That's what I like about him the most.

>Kiefer will never make breakfast for you
>You will never make breakfast for Kiefer
May I die now?

Well fuck you for reminding me.

Today I will remind them

justjared.com/2006/04/14/kiefer-sutherland-rolling-stone/

>These days, the neighborhood he chooses to live in is predominantly Salvadoran, and at night there, walking his dog, a border collie named Molly, he’s been held up with a gun pressed to his noggin. His place is huge, almost a quarter-acre in size, not cut up into rooms but left wide open, with only a half-wall to partition off the sleeping area. Showing me around, he says, "It took a while to get used to sleeping in a barn." Kiefer has at times led a kind of messy life, but his home suggests an almost obsessive attachment to order. Nothing is out of place. His bed is made and looks freshly plumped; the pack of Camel filters on the bedside table has been set down square to the corners. No dirty dishes or food crumbs mottle his kitchen sink. His guitar collection is neatly arranged according to make and body style.

>Eventually, this attention to neatness comes up during a discussion about his various possible failings as a boyfriend.

>"I think I’m pretty demanding as a person," he says. "I like things to be a certain way, everything from being on time to being tidy. I haven’t been flexible with that. I mean, as I’ve gotten older, I’ve hopefully become a lot more flexible. But, of course, I am living alone."

>"Does disorder bother you?" I ask.

>"I had the 24 cast over for dinner one night and I heard that Reiko Aylesworth, who played Michelle, said, ‘It’s so nice that he cleaned up his place.’ Someone else said, ‘He didn’t clean it up for you, honey. It’s always this clean.’ And her response was, ‘Ewwww.’ But there’s so much disorder in every other aspect of what we do, if you can control your environment at home, you do it."

>"It’s a little freaky to walk into," I say.

>"Yeah?" he says, and he says it with a smile.

>Kiefer Sutherland will never help you keep things neat and punctual
Fuck my entire existence.

I wouldn't mind desu

That's cuz you're not a bitch.

So is it worth it despite the SJW undertones?

>SJW undertones

Like what?

See

>Someone else said, ‘He didn’t clean it up for you, honey. It’s always this clean.’ And her response was, ‘Ewwww.’

man yo, fuck that bitch forreal

i have severe ocd about my shit being orderly, and that hurt my feeeeeeeeeeelings ;*(

I have never seen anyone being disgusted at someone keeping their place in order. She's retarded.

i haven't either but it's just the sort of thing i can imagine some vapid bitch saying

The show depicts racial discrimination and police brutality as a bad thing

He's a real nigga.

>10 minutes in two white cops harass Kumar while being as rude as possible

Are they seriously doing this?

If you don't eat, you won't get fat.

Literal husbandu material

What did he mean by this?

Just finished the second episode. If not for Chief Kief I would drop it right now.

Yeah second episode was pretty weak. They should have beat kumar instead of that random kid.

What's the issue with bombing the al-Sakar? If they did it and they bomb them, great. If they didn't do it and they bomb them, so what, they're still a terrorist organization, right?

Wow stop being islamaphobic.

How soon will he JUST after this show gets canceled and he remembers he already said no to 24?

So what's with the republican chick, she's totally going to try to take over, right?

He's still a producer on 24 Legacy

That means fuck all though. He's barely involved with the show, he just agreed to let him put his name there.

>two episodes
>no lasting consequences

At least give it a chance to screw up. Geez.

He's gonna cuck his wife.