Military/Crime/Gun Focused shows?

What are some good shows or series that revolve around Military or Law enforcement? Something serious. I really enjoyed Narcos.

I am also into Documentaries on militarizes around the world and wars.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jP7J-JNSUu4
youtube.com/watch?v=d4HKyyp0ERQ
youtube.com/watch?v=23cqHLi-Ngw
youtube.com/watch?v=4ZNdeU_lxWE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Most action shows suck despite television being at its height right now. The only two I'd strongly recommend are Homeland and Narcos which you said you saw.

Strike Back is okay if you watch it just for the firefights, everything else in the show is abysmally bad.

I used to love this action show called The Event, but everyone else hated it and it got canceled in 2011. It had plenty of operator stuff.

I will check out Homeland and The Event. Strike back I saw a scene on YouTube but the acting was meh.

I would recommend 24 and Battlestar Galactica. A while back I watched Tyrant season 2 because I was interested in how ISIS was being worked into the plot, it was alright. Other than that can't think of too many shows.

I see threads here sometimes about The Last Ship, it looks pretty cool actually

If you haven't seen the Elite Squad films by the director of Narcos then definitely see them

>mfw no MP7

strike back is operatorkino

Battle star sounds good for a space show. 24 I've heard about as well. What about shows like Burn Notice?

I really liked Ultimate Force for the first 2 seasons, then it became unwatchable

It's in dvd quality on youtube

severe lack of operatorkino on tv

>yet the unit got 4 seasons somehow

> Most action shows suck despite television being at its height right now.

This unfortunately. Sicario is great if you somehow haven't watched it by no even though it's a movie.

80s Miami Vice

The Event was pretty popular they just couldn't get the audience numbers to justify the budget. But atleast it got an ending. I don't remember it but I do remember thinking it was better than nothing

Shit, nm I thought it was the show where the government got blown up by nukes. I don't remember that show at all. Which was the one where the new government ended up in Cheyenne or somewhere and Marlo starred in the last few episodes

I fucking loved Sicario. Great movie.

I don't remember the title, but there was a show about a green beret starring the allstar insurance guy.

was that Jericho?

>Strike Back is okay if you watch it just for the firefights, everything else in the show is abysmally bad.
Hey, eat dick, the relationship between Mike and Damien was fantastic in Season 2 as were the stakes and side characters.
I can agree with every other season but don't talk shit about Season 2.

the shield

it's amazing

The Unit first two seasons was pretty good, third season had issues, fourth season had extended retardation, including the main arc. The home front character set could actually be decent sometimes, but it made the classic mistake of making some of them constantly retarded and completely unsympathetic. You can tell in the first few minutes usually whether that plot will be any good or if you can just fast forward between the Operating.

The E ring was a one season flameout that had some decent operating too, but damn did they pad episodes.

I liked some of the stuff that Numbers did. It actually got more innovative and more likeable characterwise in the middle seasons, and the operating could have interesting aspects to it. They were way more in love with Larry's rambling than I was, though.

Battlestar Galactica's name is at this point so tainted for me that all I can watch are the space battles and Adama barking orders; everyone else got ground to shit by the terrible plotting.

There's a handful I remember offhand watching a decent chunk of during the DVD era.

The characters could be seriously annoying, though. The obligatory character deaths in stupid situations (like the Ops center getting overrun at least once a season) and nudity in stupid situations got seriously overdone, like they were hitting a quota instead of writing an actual plot.

Generation Kill.

The last ship

>image.jpg

We know who you are

Generation Kill is pretty epic

Bump because this is literally the most patrician genre

Also who /imfdb/ here

Burn notice is the A-Team for a new generation. Hardly anyone gets hit/hurt by gunfire (not that there's much of it anyway).

Over There, esp. if you're into cuckqueening

Hell or highwater is a great crime film.

Not an MP7.

The Unit is fucking boring pg-13 garbage and the operating wasnt at all good or interesting

Strikebaaaaaack motherfucker, actiony tactical shlock thats full of sweet AK variants, tits and stupid awesome shootan.

24 is essential for operatorcore, every episode has the main character doing some intense special forces shit to stop an imminent terror attack in real time.

>The Last Ship

Its cool if you dont expect too much, I just rewatched it for the 2nd time, no ragretts

>Them shootouts with the slavs in the 2nd or 3rd season

Hnnng its like watching Call of Duty: The Show.

Fuckin Ayy bro

Thanks, this looks cool, Ben Foster is entertain

>pg-13
What were you expecting on network tv, exploding heads?

>operating wasnt at all good or interesting
Obviously I disagree.

I've never been able to watch 24. Every time I try, they eventually get to the plot and I think "that's fucking stupid" and lose interest.

this motherfucker is now blind.

What about that new show Quarry, anyone seen it?

The whole blindness thing does have a range limitation, you know.

Southland is good, it ends on a sour note due to cancellation. But other than that it is End of Watch the show

Yah it's solid. Not really operator tier though, more like Breaking Bad tier. Structure is pretty similar to the series premiere of BB actually now I think about it.

>The home front character set could actually be decent sometimes,

mp[9?

Documentaries you can find allover YouTube.
Tales Of The Gun is definitely one of the best.

There was a show on BBC2 years ago called Time Commanders. Groups of four tried to take on historical battles based on the Rome: Total War engine. Not operator stuff but it had a decent amount of history and strategy/tactical discussion with historians.

There was a thread up the other day with a load of old instructional videos from the US Army which were interesting and insightful as fuck.
youtube.com/watch?v=jP7J-JNSUu4
youtube.com/watch?v=d4HKyyp0ERQ

There's Restrepo and Korengal for documentaries
Strike Back for uber operators. Also has boobs. First season is nothing like the rest of the seasons

Generation Kill is essential to milkino

Looks like it. FSB and ALFA use MP9s

>everything else in the show is abysmally bad.
most plots were pretty cliche, but the chemistry between characters saves them. The series is nowhere near being "abysmally bad".

Ultimate Force is garbage but I enjoy it anyway.

If you like sci fi the fights in The expanse are gorgeous. If someone has the webm from ep 3...

I had one when in the Norwegian 'military'. It's a really fun gun to fingerfuck, and it's so light, so much more comfy than the 416. I'll check if I have a photo of it somewhere

This is the only correct answer.

Documentaries:
Restrepo
Korengal
Camp victory afghanistan
The surge

Shows:
The pacific
Band of brothers
Vietnam in HD
World war 2 in color

Band of Brothers > Generation Kill >> The Pacific

Great show but of course hollywood producers tinkered with plot, dialogue and stuff to make it so all the MARSOC guys were really anti-war and the final shot is them all walking away disgusted except one 'psycho' who actually wants to be there. Most of it's very solid and shows a lot of accuracies on all the mundane bullshit and incompetence in junior officers who have almost no experience but put in charge of platoons at the edge of the spear.

Those marsoc guys all wanted to be there and get after it though and the godfather is painted as an ego-maniac trying to get them all killed when he was a great officer who all the guys respected.

I really like it, butI wish it was 12. The length of the seasons really show in the quality of the writing and the ridiculous amount of twists and betrayals they had to put into every season to pad them out enough. If it was 12 episodes of tightly packed operatin' and political espionage, I'd love it so much more.

don't mind the red dots. They mean nothing

This is a big list

just take it

yeah yeah 4 u I get it. Funny shit

Thanks.

You're a fucking retard aren't you? Have you even watched the show?

youtube.com/watch?v=23cqHLi-Ngw

Yes but that's the 'joking around part' and it's also at the start of it. It shows them all coming to be disgusted with the war and then the show ends with them all walking away disgusted from the images of war. You're batshit crazy if you don't think there isn't any anti-war sentiment imposed on the characters.

youtube.com/watch?v=4ZNdeU_lxWE

>9 full episodes plus 50 more minutes in the 10th about OORAH GET SOME LET THE HADJIS HIT THE FLOOR
>one scene where they walk away from the tv, obviously bored

GUYS ITS A PACIFIST SHOW, THE CHARACTERS ARE ALL HIPPIES

Do you have autism perchance?

>completely exaggerating what I said

I didn't say it was a pacifist show and they were all hippies you fucking braindead mongloid. They just imposed an anti-war message inside of it and there are tons of little scenes like that put in there to try to give the audience the sentiment that those guys were against the war in iraq.

It's literally so on the nose only a fucking brain dead dumb fuck like you could miss it. They're all complaining about how they made no difference at all and that they feel guilty about all the things that happened and then they walk away disgusted as a video shows image of civilians dead and it literally even has a tank with "GIVE PEACE A CHANCE". Not only that 90% of the combat they focused on in the show was them killing civilians by accident, they skipped over most of the actual combat against opfor in the book or at most had a tiny scene about it.

You would have to be stupid as fuck to not catch the anti-war sentiment pushed into this even if they did a good job capturing what the soldiers are like in general. I'm not saying they turned them into a bunch of michael moores you dipshit, but they definitely took a deal of artistic liberty in changing their opinions on the war.

You''l probably enjoy a documentary called "Cartel Land".

>there are tons of little scenes like that put in there to try to give the audience the sentiment that those guys were against the war in iraq.

Those scenes are meant to instill the sentiment in the audience, not to convey the message that the marines were against the war. This is literally the complete opposite of what this show is all about.

Unfuck yourself.

It does both, you're telling me the scenes of them saying they feel like they achieved nothing and that they feel guilty about the killing they did and walking away disugsted from the images of war wasn't meant to show that?

Of course most of the time the marines are shown in favor of the war, that's why I said the hollywood producers tinkered and stuck in anti-war stuff wherever they could but they couldn't just completely change what was written in the book, they just stuck in extra dialogue and scenes like the ending one and made sure the scenes that got the longest amount of time were them dealing with civilian casualties.

Of course that's not what the show is about, it's just that the hollywood producers just HAD to stick that stuff in and try to make it seem like the soldiers are actually against the war except for a few 'psychos' when in reality all those guys were fired up about what they were doing there.

Sucked

Pussy weapon

>13 hours, secret soldiers
>Lone Survivor

Pretty good movies tobehonest.

>just that the hollywood producers just HAD to stick that stuff in and try to make it seem like the soldiers are actually against the war

I didn't get that feeling at all while watching the show.

I didn't get that feeling watching it the first time but the second time I watched through I noticed all those little scenes especially after reading the book you realize how out of place those scenes and dialogue are that they clearly shoe horned in.

Not saying that's the overall theme of the show, just that lots of little things like that were stuck in there and the end scene is really the most on the nose one of them.

>80s Miami Vice
in the 80's, yeah. But shows like that date themselves so bad it hurts to watch them.

The Unit with Dennis Haysbert?

>chinks get like whole 4 sections of it
>a single Yugo movie in the entire list
Fucking /k/

recommend some yugo warkino then. I'm already aware of the masterwork that is lepo sela lepo gore

OP here, thanks for the list!

>Desant na Drvar
>Kozara
>Bitka na Neretvi
>Sutjeska
>Ne joči Peter
>Marš na Drinu
>Devojački most
>Boško Buha
>Karaula
This is completely of the top of my head and I haven't seen most of these in ages, since I was a kid, so there's a chance I'm completely blinded by my stupid kid ass being hyped by partizans rushing uphill while hipfiring their MP40s and slaughtering entire nazi squads

The Unit.
Breddy operator, but the Desperate Housewives plot cancer is soo fucking awful.

> When you're a spy, more often than not, a subtle approach is better than reading this in my voice.