Horror

So can we all agree that not only is this the best VHS entry it is the best horror movie in recent history?

>Magic cape that is powered by people
>Super creepy mirror universe
>Skater punks against zombie cultists

Name a flaw

Thread saged

Thank you for your contribution.

I know this is bait but I enjoyed all three movies. Horror is my guilty pleasure. The first two are better though.

2 is just terrible though. Only Clinical Trials had any potential.

Thank you for your contribution.

1 is more thriller, 2 is classical horror, and this is the modern horror.

I am okay with this, this one really rounded it out.

V/H/S/2>Cred ForumsH/S>V/H/S Viral.

Yeah I'd say this, with a huge fucking power gap before viral. Is this thread dead or should we talk about other cool anthologies?

>best horror movie
>anthology
Isn't that like at least three movies in one?

We can talk about your wrong opinion, or you can suggest better horror.

lol horrible thread

You're a horrible thread

>lol

What's the wrong opinion? That the second is better than the first? Yeah it's really a toss up they're both pretty great.

And there's plenty more good horror why just this year the witch and neon demon have been released, while neither are typical horror films they are both fantastic.

Viral is easily better than 2, no contest.

The Witch was pretty GOAT (hue) but I thought Neon Demon was overrated.

and they both upset people because they're not made for retarded teenagers

Viral is better than 2? Did we see the same movie? Safe haven alone is better than the entirety of viral..

I don't recall The Witch "upsetting" anyone.

I would argue Parallel Monsters is better than anything in 1 or 2.

Neon demon wasn't quite well received enough by anyone to be considered over rated

> best VHS entry
4/10

> best horror movie in recent history?
0/10. should've quit while you were ahead

the only one that isn't laughably bad is mirror universe, and that mostly looks good only because of the garbage surrounding it. magic cape is barely found footage at all and holy shit that acting

Well in my defense I only get opinions from here. And it is vastly overrated here.

Agreed.
On opening weekend, seeing it in about a theatre with maybe about 15 other people inside it, I'd say almost half booed or audibly voiced displeasure when the credits started to roll

So what flyover state do you live in?

>only gets his opinions from ''here''
Oh boy

Fuck i just realized i fell for it, you got me senpai

Ok, hate the rest of it but do you really think Parallel Monsters was bad? What didn't you like about it?

Chicago, Illinois

Actual Chicago or the burbs? You sound like a Gurnee type maybe.

Gurnee, that's a very specific location. From the area?

Honestly don't remember it at all. The whole thing was very unremarkable to me. With the first and second there was at least half of the stories that i immensely enjoyed and were able to recall lster

Anyone else seen this? I like the seamlessness of the stories in this.

Relatives there, all exceedingly normal and boring. I live in Wicker Park which is a little bit more "real" chicago.

I didn't like this one at all. The cultist one being the exception .

The magic cape and parallel universe vignettes were fucking amazing. The skater shit and the wrap around really brought it down

This is an opinion I can finally agree with.

This movie was fucking terrible, what the fuck are you smoking.

if you had to make one film of pure kino with only the very best v/h/s sequences, which would you choose

Ah yeah makes sense. I'm in Bartlett but yeah more or less same suburban shit as that. Wicker park is nice and hipstery tho

Amateur Night
Clinical Trials
Parallel Monsters

One from each, each the best.

All the VHS flicks are shit but I think that's why people enjoy them

So I wasn't wrong, Not Really Chicago. And yeah Wicker Park is kinda of hipstery now but it's one of the few areas not infested by Basketball-Americans.

The couples honeymoon/vacation, the succubus demon woman, Halloween house, slumber party, safe haven. Just off top of my head.

>Clinical Trials
>not Safe Haven

I don't know, crazy foreign cultists just feels less original to me. Also body horror gets to me for some reason so it gets the nod for that.

Safe Haven was great and you know it.

>Name a flaw

That this movie even exists

Viral as a whole was pretty shit. Parallel Monsters started off interesting but the payoff was too silly, the magician wasn't even FF and the one with the bikers or skaters or whatever was a worse version of Safe Haven. Frame narrative was better than the first two movies though.

>Parallel Monsters started off interesting but the payoff was too silly

Explain.

>Name a flaw

Sorry, 2000 characters limit

hue

Demonic genitals in horrors always make me laugh. I mean I like the idea but if you're gonna have monsters like that you're better off using them as a jump-scare; the longer you get to see the monster creeping towards the protagonist the more it looks goofy.

I'll give you credit that monster puppet snake penises were a little silly but the rest was great. Wandering into a similar world but one that is based around weird sex rituals and demon anti-christ shit. Not bad.

The halloween house one, if only because it took me back chad matt and rob's old videos. It was very fun

Who the fuck are they?

I dunno man if only there was a search engine where you could search literally any phrase or person and get results instantly

joking aside they has some old horror videos on youtube and then they formed a production company and ended up making that segement for v/h/s

Thank you for answering. That segment sucked though.

It wasn't scary, i thought it was entertaining though.

It wasn't bad, just weak in the grand scheme of VHS.

are you fucking retarded it was by far the worst with its basically none horror or even thriller ideas an even shittier over story and the incredibly low budget shines through

>Great

Amateur Night
10/31/1998
Safe Haven

>Good

Emily
Slumber Party Alien Abduction
Ride in the Park
Parallel Monsters

>Bad

Clinical Trials
Tuesday the 17th