If you could change one thing, what would it be?

If you could change one thing, what would it be?

I would just change one little thing that's not very hard to do. Hell, you can leave the script exactly the same. Just change the 3 core planets to new ones. This would have made a HUUUUGE DIFFERENCE!!! The movie would still have had the obvious ANH parallels, but they'd feel more like an afterthought if we weren't in the same fucking places as before.

If Jakku has to be a desert planet to birth your new skywalker, at least make it a different desert. Tattooine and Geonosis were both deserts, but they were very different. The former was mars and the latter was tunisia or the middle east. Jakku could have been like an American Southwest type desert.

Starkiller base made no sense. It was hoth with trees. Why not an arctic ocean planet like th3 polar icecaps? You know, not only to be different but to have all that freezing water to cool off the weapon? What good do snow and trees do?

Rey didn't fly the falcon.

Yeah, it really needed to be visually different at least.

I would have had Luke's new Jedi order not be all killed by kylo ren.

Luke should be hiding out with a ragtag group of Padawans who aren't ready to go be heroes yet, and Rey showed up being the influence Luke needs for his students. He needs a fucking assistant teacher goddammit, he can't teach these kids by himself!

Yeah that was so retarded. What bugged me even more was Han finding it as soon as it took off, when he's had it lost for years.

One thing eh...

I would make Rey actually struggle and fail the entire movie, only to put faith in herself and the force to succeed once, finally, right at the end.

I agree, the planets are bland, although the lightsaber duel in the snowy forest is ace so I forgive that planet otherwise being a waste of Hoth 2.0. Jakku should have just been Tatooine. There was no reason to use the same filming locations just to name it something else. Totally pointless aside from not wanting Tatooine covered in destroyed ships I guess.

Rey should have lost against Kylo Ren. The duel itself could play out the same way, with the ground collapsing between them to force an end, but she should have been on the verge of defeat instead of him getting cut across the face.

why do you think it was ace?

Let's fix it then. Luke was meditating so hard that he got the force to pretty much possess rey and make her a beast for the entire movie.

But he can't so it again, he wasted all his mana.

should i download the bluray for this or save the space?

Luke shouldn't be hiding from anyone.

Well if they hadn't had that """"""""epic"""""""" chase scene immediately after showing her barely able to get it off the fucking ground it might have been passable.

Don't bother if you knew anything about star wars before this movie came out it was complete garbage.

Because it was an exciting, well choreographed duel. The setting was cool, the fight had a good feel to it. Also, some nice pottery where one part is a reverse shot of when Luke fought Vader in the Emperor's throne room in RotJ.

Have Captain Phasma be the one who fights Finn at Maz's castle. Actually has her character serve some sort of purpose and have ber get injured instead of killed in the battle, so she at leas has an excuse when she's so easily captured on Starkiller Base.

She was just a Feminist boba fett. Both died in embarrassing ways but her death was a real backhand from the patriarchy lol.

What are you talking about? When was this?

>death

She's not dead you moron they threw her in the garbage compactor, you ought to know how that ended.

And the planet she was on when she was stuck in the trash compacter blew up, genius.

She's coming back

Why don't you enlighten us faggot?

For no reason besides they want the game of thrones audience.

The scene in RotJ with a tracking shot going right to left with Luke aggressively attacking Vader in the background is echoed/mirrored in the forest duel in TFA where it shows them moving left to right and Kylo Ren aggressively assaulting Rey in essentially the same way.

I'd get rid of Daisy and her character. Largest flaw of the film.

>New planets
Don't worry, they'll go for that in the next ones. This was just to restart the series and to transit the style away from the absolute trash Lucas was going for in the end.
>inb4 muh prequels

The ship probably has some kind of homing device he put on it and that activated when it left the planets proximity.

Kylo Ren isn't Solos son

He's Lukes

Give Han Solo a real hero's death. Let his sacrifice be the one that saves the day by flying a ship in the heart of the reactor cracking a last joke facing his demise and not have him die in some shame- and pityful ending being stabbed to death by his own offspring.
This would be all I'd ask for tbqh.

Nice mcguffin there idiot. A tracking device. Yeah, my phone has a tracking device built into it, but it loses signal out in the woods. I doubt anyone would find it 4 billion light years from here.

Not having JJ Abrams direct. Every single shot of that movie just reminded me of how much better Lucas, Kershner, and Marquand were at visual composition. Especially the ones that were "homages" to Episode IV, like the trench run on Starkiller Base. Christ that was ugly.

JJ produces visually average movies that clip along so fast you barely notice how mediocre they are.

>Kylo Ren isn't Solos son
>He's Lukes

>Solo gets cucked by Luke
>ends up getting killed by his wife's incest son

Alright fair point, now all you need to do is point out the part where this movie is about your phone or go fuck off.

I would have Chewbacca lose his shit after Han's death and have him toss a storm trooper off the balcony or swing them round and use them as a club.

Change Rogue One main chick to Kyle Katarn.

I'm not a massive fan of this movie but the worst thing it did was butchering the death of Han Solo. It felt absolutely weightless and no where near as sad as it should have been. Because we never got to see Han Solo be a father it didn't feel like he was murdered by his son. It felt like some random guy we'd never seen before stabbed him and threw him off a bridge.

It's a really small change but I think this would have amplified the emotional resonance of that moment tenfold, and by extension save the third act.

Imagine if Han looks out and sees Kylo on the bridge. Grim look on his face as he walks towards him. Calls out "BEN!" and stops Kylo dead. He turns to look at Han, motionless. Han asks him to take his helmet off and he does. When Han sees his face, his grim expression softens. It's the first time in years he's seen his only son. We cut back to a small series of shots. Similar to pic related from Man of Steel.

A soft piano version of the Binary Sunset theme plays as young Han and Leia look proudly at 7 year old Ben who joyfully runs around with a toy lightsaber. Chewie holds Ben on his shoulders as they run through a hangar, both laughing. Ben sits on Han's lap in the cockpit of the Falcon and presses buttons gleefully while Han grins. A sleepy Ben rests on Han's shoulder as he walks slowly through their house towards Leia who is waiting with a smile.

There's a hardcut back to the same boy, but now grown into a young man. Staring at his father with no expression behind his eyes but resentment. And the rest of the scene plays out as it did in the movie.

It's a small moment and I might be off here, but I feel like it would have really given some weight to Ben's fall into darkness and we would have felt Han's pain much more. The movie had lots of fun nostalgia, but there was no heart to it.

No, fuck you. I want massive changes. I want Luke and the Jedi done justice. I want the big bad and his relation to Kylo expanded on. I want to know why Kylo is so edgy that he killed his father. I want a completely different movie. You're a fucking retard if you want ANH 2.0.

Pics also related

>I'm not a massive fan of this movie but the worst thing it did was butchering the death of Han Solo. It felt absolutely weightless and no where near as sad as it should have been.

These are the correct answers.

Amen brother. The world TFA creates negates literally the entire point of Return of the Jedi. JJ sacrificed almost any thematic relevance of the OT for a bland circlejerk to the superficial elements like X-Wings and Stormtroopers.

Han Solo's arc to becoming a less selfish, caring person? Dropped

Luke's mission to bring back the Jedi. Literally Yoda's dying words? Dropped

The narrative of good ultimately triumphing over evil and the Empire collapsing? Dropped

>It felt absolutely weightless

except to all those people who couldn't shut up about how well done that scene was

it was okay. one of the better parts of a bad movie.

You are aware that they're making more movies that will at least explore some of what you were talking about, right? Maybe you should revisit Episode IV a some point and rewatch it.

>Maybe you should revisit Episode IV
I see you completely missed the fucking point.

Patience, you faggots.

Maybe you did, if you're expecting them to cramp the first movie that reboots a yeas old franchise full of all the things you just mentioned.

Explain the relationship between the Galactic Republic and the Resistance (not in a Lucas-esque 10-minute "we're talkin fictional politics dude, this is serious shit!"-dialogue. Three lines of expository dialogue would've sufficed).

You're doubling down on your retardation. The whole point is its retarded to remake ANH. It's retarded that there's Empire 2 Palpatine 2 Luke 2. Only cool tweak is there being a Vader fanboy. But hey keep going off you "maybes". If we're going off maybes, maybe JJ damned the whole trilogy when he said the Knights of Ren could get their own movie. Maybe that's him saying "we're not explaining shit in the trilogy lmao it's STAR WARS just turn off your brain ignore the OT beyond your good fee fees of it! XD"

the movie is such a bland formulaic focus grouped piece of garbage that its impossible to pick one thing within the movie (from a script/plot perspective anyway) to change that would redeem it. i want to agree with the guy who said replace abrams, but that watered down rehash of a script would still be there and im not sure if a legitimately great movie could be made out of it.

dump the whole movie and start over.

It did a good job at setting the stage for something new. Star Wars fans might be the most unthankful and impossible crowd to satisfy -twice as much so in today's state of the industry- and hence I can understand the path they took with a soft and slow reboot.
Call me a faggot all you want but it could have been way WAY worse. Just look at the goddamn prequels. I'm thankful it turned it's back on this completely. That alone gives this movie a right to exist as it is.

They already ruined it

If you are not a contrarian 'i hate what's polular' kinda guy then sure, download. Loved it

I'd make it not boring
It was literally deathly dull. Nearly sent me to sleep.

Han picked up it's signal
She mentions she has flown before.

>add some spinning

I found the movie's lack of spinning rather disturbing.

Kill yourself faggot. Is it so hard to believe that some people didn't like it?

Don't cut most of Finn's character development and don't turn him into a jobber to make Rey look good.

>The former was mars and the latter was tunisia or the middle east.
You mixed up former and latter there

>replying to tripfags

this movie is a cringe fest. JJ Abrams needs to stick to monster movies, he can shove all his reboots up his ass.

*its
You penishound!

penis-hound*

*penis hound

penis hound*

You're all wrong!
It's dickdog!

The Rebels fail at blowing up the Death Star. Everything else could stay the same (Poe survives, Millenium falcon picks up Mary Sue and the Negro), and the tone would stay the same throughout the movie. The third act may also actually be entertaining if this happened, and the idea of Luke being the Rebellion's "last hope" would actually make sense.