Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AmWLaFQNwVE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Good space adventure movie

well. very bad for sure. i dont know if pathetic

for casuals yes. for fans no.

>good space adventure movie
>had to fast-forward half of the movie

How can you pass judgment on a movie you evidently only watched half of?

Great opening, second half of planet was very boring. No time to let the music breath e.g. no money shots of the Franklin with music in the background. Decent ending, wished they had characterized Krall earlier than the final fight.

Solid 5/10
Solid 7/10 for a Star Trek movie

What's wrong with the Enterprise in that poster? Why does it have three nacelles???

It doesn't, That's the star drive section in front of the saucer section and the warp nacelles behind the saucer section

So the saucer is sideways and the third nacelle is called the stardrive? wtf, I heard people complain about the new trek ship (havent seen any of them personally) but I never think they'd fuck it up this bad.

You're looking at it from below, user.

Fuck off it's literally good.

It was solid.

yep, a solid turd

Fuck off before you trigger that mouthbreather that spams his YouTube reviews.

It's a bit of a mindfuck, but I see what is talking about.

We're looking at it from the bottom.

>It's a bit of a mindfuck
Now it's not.

better than the Abrams shit

Nope. It was pretty good.

Sofia a cute.

Yeah, I liked her character a whole lot. Plebs might call her a "muh stong womyn"-character but in this case I strongly disagree. It didn't feel forced but was rather an integral part of the character: She's an alien survivalist gal and Sofia is a physically fit woman who could sell that. Her character sorta reminded me of Milla Jovovich as Leeloo in "The Fifth Element" – possibly because Sofia's (natural?) accent is somewhat akin to the accent Milla used for Leeloo. I doubt, however, whether the character would work outside of this movie's context (as in a sequel) – but who knows, Jaylah might replace Chekov after the death of Anton Yelchin. It MIGHT still work, as long as they don't shoehorn "Jaylah character moments" into the next movie – you know, like an unnecessary "fish out of water" storyline or something like that. Keep the character, have her clash with the captain maybe (ONCE) to re-establish her being used to be on her own, but leave it at that.

>she will never rape you at knifepoint

;__;

>Hey Justin, hey, I have this new idea of a new character, who is a strong women painted in white played by a mix raced actress
>Shes strong, shes independent buuut
>She will have her "depressed time" in the movie
>And I will.. I mean scotty will be her best friend
>And Scotty will give her the best speech to get her to work with the team
>Because Scotty is important character as well
>Without Scotty, Lassie wouldn't be part of the team
>In the next movie Scottie will fuck that white ass

>post yfw this scene

youtube.com/watch?v=AmWLaFQNwVE

>USS Franklin is an outdated and primitive 100 year old ship!
>Look at those 1980s monitors that can display only black and green!

I mean the whole USS Franklin was a big callback to the original Black and White Star Trek. Even the layout.

>original Black and White Star Trek

The original series aired in color.

Oh sorry, I was thinking about the pilot but you are right, the series was in color.

Still, its just a big callback

I think its still better than JJ's KHAAAN moment

The Cage was shot in color too (see the Menagerie) but they could only find the black and white version to air in the 1980s until the color version resurfaced a few years later.

biggest smile of the summer for me. fun/10

this movie has the best posters though out of the new ones

>we want the Guardians of the Galaxy audience

It was a callback to the Enterprise in the series Enterprise. Since the Alien Elbe was a former MACO.

And the movie really had the weirdest buildup, pacing and felt cheap even though you could tell it was expensive.

Oh, no solid movie actually.

How does this not give you people a headache.

Cut. cut.cut.cut.cut.cut just do one sequence man

I mean, it's still not really Star Trek but it's the best of the nu-Trek movies. They actually bothered to give half the cast things to do this time around.

MEDIOCRE

I usually agree but in this case I thought it went stylistically with the action scene, serving to highlight the confusion created by the illusions.

I CAN'T STAND IT

>idris elba would be a good pick for this flick
>hes in it
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I really envy people that go into movies completely blind.

Unless you're just pretending to not know he was cast in the movie which just sounds really fucking stupid.

Yeah, well, the only question is: Why did it have to be "Sabotage" AGAIN? Why did it have to be the Beastie Boys again? They could've used a Kiss song, for fuck's sake. Kiss are just as Jewish as the Beastie Boys...

Anyway, nuTrek has started to make me actively despise a song I sorta used to like

I liked it

what's there to rage about. It was fine movie.