It was actually a pretty good dark comedy

>it was actually a pretty good dark comedy
Probably my favorite Michael Bay since The Rock.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R4rMy1iA268
twitter.com/AnonBabble

you must be an absolutely abhorrent human being

no u

It's fantastic satire that really benefited from Bay's over the top visuals

Yeah bro, it's basically Fargo in the summer despite lacking just about everything that gave Fargo charm including decent acting and writing.

>The movie is not good because it isn't Fargo
You dumb.

you know what's worse than dumb comedies? dumb comedies trying to be edgy

do you know what's worse than dumb anons? dumb anons trying to be edgy.

>plebs thinking that Pain and Gain is dumb

He is making fun of the fact that's what most people that like the movie say despite being almost completely untrue.

>referencing Fargo
stopped reading

>hopping on the pain & gain/michael bay hate train

Not even reddit does this anymore. You are a reddit time machine.

This is Michael Bay's Goodfellas.

So the beginning of his decline as a director?

More like him being a decent director when he's actually putting in some effort.

Right? I keep saying that his was actually a really fun movie but everyone seems to dismiss it just because it's Michael Bay!

It's a legitimately good action comedy and it's a subject matter for which Bay's sensibilities actually work.

this is a fucking creepy movie, srs.

I liked it but it's really saved by the cast (love Anthony Mackie desu). Every scene with Rebel Wilson is objectively awful and Bay's immature sense of humor keeps it from being legitimately good.

Anything that Armond says should be treated like the word of god and anyone that disagrees belongs on r/movies

>since The Rock.
user bad boys 2 is between those two.

These people are numales or women. They care here in the last few months- at best

This movie made me legit think Michael Bay might be a psychopath. It's based on a true story and the events that occurred were actually pretty damn horrible, but Bay apparently found them funny and tries to portray the three psychos as "nice guys". So fucking weird.

It wouldn't be strange if it was a work of fiction but the fact that it's based on real events is what makes me raise an eyebrow. Bay must have a couple of corkscrews loose, srs.

>mfw I never realised that was a 'you smell what the rock is cooking' reference
i'm dumb

This.

This is why I stopped watching those RLM fuckwits years ago. Their bitching about this movie was clearly entirely based on their hatred for Bay and actively looking for things to nitpick about it.

>"it's disrespectful to the people who were hurt!!!"

Fuck off.

of course
Bay is a competent action director, but an abhorrent human being with no sense of humour whatsoever
but Cred Forums tries to do the Armond White routine on Bay time and time again

>"Boo hoo someone made a black comedy about real bad things that happened and RLM told me that was bad"

>with no sense of humour whatsoever
Bay's sense of humour is basically: "lol here's a random stereotypical black person shouting and making a scene! xD"

>lol his dick isn't working and he is desperate xD

>IT'S CHINESE FUCKING CRAP

>Bay apparently found them funny and tries to portray the three psychos as "nice guys"

all of his movies have heroes that kill people, often a lot

he made a movie about bad guys that killed a few people

and the movie doesn't work as an action movie and doesn't work as a black comedy, at least in my opinion

Tbh The Rock is the only truly amazing movie Bay ever made. Saw it the other day after years and it blew me away. It's held up so damn well and just a master class of an action kino.

I miss those mid to late '90s movies that had that kinda vibe. Stuff like The Rock, The Negotiator, Enemy of the State etc. Anybody got more recommendations of movies like these?

Which is a shit opinion, considering how obviously it works, and a lot too

The Rock was the only good thing about the movie. That and when the "CHINESE FUCKING CRAP" line from Mark

the marketing was a bait and switch
the movie did a genre change part way through

did you watch it not knowing any of the reviews?

Yeah, the Rock is amazing, but Bay has made better.

>Bay has made better
nah

he says "it's a piece of china fucking crap"

Yeah, though

Congrats, you have shed your ignorant plebbit views and become entry-level kino detector.

that makes it even better

So can we all agree hating Michael Bay is just a meme?

if you really want the last word in a petty online argument its all yours. you're retarded and wrong and that won't change though my foul breathed, neckbearded friend.

Nothing else is expected from the classic leddit creature. Cute, ain't you?

Agreed. I think this is pretty much the perfect Michael Bay movie. Perfect marriage of style and story.
I heard he had to fight to get this movie made. The guy has made literally BILLIONS for Hollywood, yet the still made the poor SOB rub out another Transformers turd before he could make his passion project.

>his passion project

kek

Dude has been trying to make a movie about this for years. Paramount only did it if Bay was willing to direct Transformers 4

>if you really want the last word in a petty online argument its all yours. you're retarded and wrong and that won't change though my foul breathed, neckbearded friend.

>VFS reference
Is he our guy?

poor Michael :(
really feel for him desu

>new Cred Forums can't even recognize anymore P&G almost greatness
What went wrong with this shit board? Oh, I know actually...

>wahlbergs proportions
roflcopter

Procter & Gamble?

bay has no spine
youtube.com/watch?v=R4rMy1iA268

Not cool, bully

I now imagine Bay face to face with survivors of the true events of Pain and Gain
he would probably jump out of the window or sth

iirc he did meet some of the people involved
they didn't like his movie because it wasn't "serious" enough

I liked how the events were told like a good word of mouth story from the perspective of the killers. Shit was brutal yeah but the guys who did it had their reasons air headed as they were.

Probably the last good movie Dwayne Johnson will ever be in, judging by his lineup for the next few years.

Actually good and funny dumb movie.

Holy shit what a fucking pussy.

it would be a good dark comedy if it wasnt 'based on a true story'

that said, pearl harbor is fucking hilarious

>it would be a good dark comedy if it wasnt 'based on a true story'
That doesn't make any sense

It would've been so much better if it didn't have Bay's childish sense of humor all over it. I could imagine the story working really well if he had a writer who could write actual dark comedy and not listen to Bay's ideas for jokes.

it would be like laughing at kajaki. people this movie was based on actually died, and michael bay paid no respect to them for it.

here's the thing....

You are just a faggot. And anyone who would have this complaint too. Fucking sjw shit

>thinking it glorified the killers and disrespected the victims

>tries to portray the three psychos as "nice guys".

Did we watch the same movie? No, he didn't. He portrayed them as a bunch of meatheaded, roided up morons. If you found them likeable, that's entirely on you.

I liked it a lot when I watched it. Didn't even know it was a Michael Bay movie, if that matters. I am shocked to find out that this movie is hated. Wish someone would say why for once.

/thread

This movie suck balls. Fuck you OP, and whoever agrees with you.

>be /fit/
>watch P&G

I enjoyed it and used it to convince my wife to let me drink her breast milk straight from the tap as a PWO

Before this shit thread, my consensus from Cred Forums was that it's widely liked, even loved. Today is hopefully just a fluke of fairies

Me, too. I only watched it because of all the praise here.

>Pepe? It's Eldad

>We're looking for merchandise to shock, incapacitate and imprison our fellow man.

desu it was a meme desu

>no vietnam fucking shits
wow