m.youtube.com/watch?v=38j7p5WWNV0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Flavours_Cornetto_trilogy
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nothing, it was fantastic.

Ayylamos

It was a great film. I loved it so much that I'm planning my own pub crawl

>Wright's film career is defined by subverting genre film expectations
>retards are surprised when aliens show up

This will never make sense to me. Literally what the fuck were you expecting.

What kind of nonsensical idiot are you?

Simon Pegg is a beta nu-male cucklord thats what went wrong.

>believing in aliens

I can stomach zombies but aliens are just too fucking stupid, film was a piece of shit.

Nothing it was great and a good metaphor for the loss of personality and character in Britain as everything gets "starbucks'd"

>believes in zombies over aliens

how retarded are you?

Oh, you're actually retarded. Carry on then.

It was probably the worst of the trilogy but still far better and interestingly directed than the likes of Seth Rogan and co standing in front of a camera for hours then editing down all the shitty improv they shot.

Spoken like a true retard.

well, it was better than that shit heap Paul

Nothing.

nothing can beat paul, straight kino

>went running from the set and quit the movie because Channing Tatum was dancing half-naked

lel

Paul was wank m8

everyone's mocking you because you phrased that like a retard but I kinda get the point.

Zombies are always a more gritty human story because they're always a sorta parable for human failure / mass consumerism / whatever - wheras aliens are more often pure schlock.

Still, World's end is good. I think the general problem with it is that it's kinda too high-concept while Wright's films always did really well with low-concept stuff (ie zombie film based in a pub, cop film based in a village, anime based in canada) so a legit end-of-the-world film with aliens and shit felt a bit ... off.

If it was made in the last decade, it's not kino you normie

I thought it would show what to do if you were in Simon Pegg's character's life situation, instead it couldn't come up with anything, so...aliens?

>anime based in canada
Fuck that's a good way of putting it.

It was much better on a second watch. I think it's less funny than Shaun of the Dead or Hot Fuzz but it has a much better story.

>main character unlikable and annoying (and in worst case scenario reminds you of yourself)
>le funny fat dude is actually le boring sober dude
>other characters are just varying levels of boring or annoying
>almost no memorable gags or jokes except for le ice cream and le fence (compared to how funny Shaun and Hot Fuzz were)
>shit twist
>call them blanks hehehe
>movie is utter shit for the first half as everyone is just grumpy and annoyed
>movie is utter shit for the second half as now its some shitty action thing
>really awkward movie to get drunk to or even watch while drinking
>not particularly funny
>not particularly insightful
>doesn't really work as a serious film either
>based Rosamund isn't naked

Generally just lacked that youtful "fun" of the first two, wasn't really that interesting overall, just a case of them running out of ideas or Pegg getting pegged too hard by his own arrogance and shit ideas

Undoubtedly the worst thing Edgar Wright has done, and that includes the autismofest of Scott Pilgrim.

Who NEET here relating to Gary King?
His inability to move on with the past, his way of gloryfying it and that fucking ending..
Man it hit me right in the fucking feels
I literally broke out in a sweat at that mixtape scene

Absolutely nothing. Their best since Hot Fuzz

You just KNOW

>All his friends are successful
>He's still a loser who hasn't moved on since school

h-heh yeah...

That she kept him up all night ranting about first world feminism? Yeah...

This is the End>>>>>>>The Worlds End

FACT. Edgar Wright shit the bed on this one Scott Pilgrim is dogshit as well

>an end-of-the-world film set against a backdrop of estranged friends from small-town England

This Is The End is dogshit.

Retarded fans wanted more of the same and panned the movie when they didn't get it
As usual

I agree. Says everything about The Worlds End really.

awesome dark comedy got needlessly ruined by a lame tired unfunny scifi twist

It was a little bit close to home for me, but honestly it reminded me more of one of my best friends from high school
>Dropped out of college
>Lives at his parent's house
>Works at a 7/11
>Drinks all the time, really cheap shit like Olde English and 4loko
>Dresses like a swaglord, obsessed with Schoolboy Q and Chance the Rapper type hip hop
>Was still referring to himself as "the party king of (our highschool)" several years after graduating

I don't think he's doing too well and I have no idea how to help him.

That hurt more than it should've

Paul is better on the small screen and after a few drinks, but all the fedora tipping holds it back. It has a top notch cast except Rogan, who is actually miscast. If they wanted one of those guys, they should have gotten Danny McBride.

Honestly thought this was Elliot Rodger from the thumbnail.

It did lack the parody elements you had with the two previous Cornetto movies that went straight at the clichés of their respective genres. It's more of a mix-bag here and didn't go for this sort of humor.
But the themes are still interesting in themselves.

Rogen was a pretty great cast in my opinion.

If I had to change anyone, it'd be Wiig, but then maybe I just thought her character unnecessary.

The swapping of roles didn't work out, their duo works the besy when Simon plays the straight everyday man and Nick plays the stupid loveable tramp
Also the rest of the guys were so bland that they were all playing the same character and were interchangeable with no significant personality. Only Simon Pegg was good in this movie

i guess thats what happens when you replace wright with frost as a writer

nothing, it was still more enjoyable than a lot of so called comedy movies today, but it is the least of the Cornetto trilogy, Hot Fuzz is still the best...I dont know nothing about any skellingtons!

Rogan's voice is incredibly jarring imo. I couldn't just enjoy the premise of the movie because every time the alien opened its mouth I just thought of Seth "HUH HUH HUH" Rogan standing in a VA booth.

Nothing. Cornetto Trilogy has a way of addressing the millenial problem even before it became a thing. Even Scott Pilgrim does it well. At their heart, They are all about missed opportunities in life.

Really would have liked it if it didn't go full blown aliens, I would like to have seen if it was just about the pub crawl and maybe simon pegg paranoid that everything in the town was different but at the end came to a realization that it was different because they had just grown/changed while he stayed the same

That would have worked in another film but i wouldn't have really fit in with the rest of the Cornetto trilogy.

I don't know that anything went wrong. It just feels out of place compared to shaun or hot fuzz. Its a good movie, but it just isn't as funny as those other two. It's parody elements are pretty weak.

>Spend entire career aping of Star Wars
>Decide to make a trilogy
>Good first movie
>Better second movie
>Third movie is alright and probably has the most emotional depth, but also has tonally out of place creatures show up in the last act and is kind of scattershot and weird

pottery

>>Good first movie
>>Better second movie
Soz mate but Shaun is still the best.

God-tier soundtrack for us oldfags.
>mfw Simon Pegg's character parallels my life

Pure bangers
m.youtube.com/watch?v=38j7p5WWNV0

the thing is these movies are considered unfunny trash in britain
you, the american, only find them funny because of the zany accents and lingo
spaced/shaun of dead/hot fuzz/worlds end are to britain what big mama's house is to america and viced-versa

>lying on a cambodian origami board

Why would you do that?

>brittish media
>it's a crime/mystery episode

wtf that sucked

absolutely nothing, has no real massive flaws.

This.

>wheras aliens are more often pure schlock.

Usually yeah but in the World's End they were a metaphor for consolidation or starbucking

Retard

The Word's End
>a smart coming of age film with original characters and a great twist half way through Often sentimental but never cheesy. Very relatable to mid 30 year olds anywhere.

The End of the World
>Rich people living in mansions and having decadent parties playing themselves "turned up to 11" LMAO

You don't say

Second one is This is the End, it was that forgettable.

HEY NOW! HEY NOW NOW!

that she got triggered by seeing James Franco getting buttfucked by Danny McBride?

it was saved by danny mcbride

>le le le
>No actual criticism other than saying this is shit because it's shit
>Being completely wrong
Did you ever take a critical thinking, english, literature or film class in your life? How is it possible to be too dense to watch a pegg and frost movie?

It's probably the best one of the Cornetto trilogy.

>Replying to pasta this stale

Nigga?

This is the End is just another chapter of the "Dude weed lmao" saga.

Very true

Nice pasta

I had low expectations because people said it was bad, but I enjoyed it. Not as good as Hot Fuzz, but still entertaining.

It was the third of the trilogy

it was better than shawn of the dead u cuck, Gary king is the best character in the cornetto trilogy.

the aliens were literally in the fucking trailer

the fact that it was an alien/apocalyptic movie was known long before the trailers even came out

the fucking movie is called world's end

how did people not expect aliens?

Some people like to watch movies without knowing what they're getting into so they avoid trailers
I didn't and the ayy lmaos were a pleasant surprise

i can understand just the trailer bit

i could understand the fact that people were unaware of the film's concept if i was talking to a bunch of riajuu

but this is Cred Forums, i would expect most people here to pay more attention to news about movies they were interested in or remember posts about them that they see here

back in the day i looked at the cornetto trilogy's wikipedia article all the time and it always said they were planning to make the third film an alien movie

i just assumed it was very common knowledge to anyone who cared even slightly about these movies

World's End > Hot Fuzz > Shaun Of The Dead
They're all fantastic though

Nothing? Perfect ending to a great trilogy.

>what went wrong?

The fat dude was whiny and annoying

TWE 1st act > Hot Fuzz > Shaun of the Dead > the rest of TWE

>trilogy.
Reminder that every time you refer to this as a "trilogy" you are perpetuating "reddit memetics".

>we did it bros, our trilogy.
And the fact that Wright embraced the memes lets you know that he is reddit.

Wright was one of the key figures responsible for laying down the blueprints for the reddit sensibiliy, and in turn reddit went on to pull his strings. The snake ate its tale.

Scott Pilgrim would've been perfect if they casted Jesse Eisenberg instead of Michael Cera.

it's literally a trilogy you faggot

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Flavours_Cornetto_trilogy

>buying into the 'reddit' memes

It being a trilogy was a meme. The fact that memes have become legitimized by mainstream opinion and then co-opted by savvy marketing departments doesn't make them any less memey. There are more meme movies being released now than ever before.

user, I'm afraid you might be an actual retard.

you should probably go outside more.

When the benchmarks for intelligence have devolved to "conformity to memes", it's impossible to tell any more. All I know is that anybody who supports Wright's memes is an ideological enemy (usually anti-white since that is part and parcel with the reddit mindset) who deserves to be executed.

Shaun and Hot Fuzz were good movies in their day, but they had the unfortunate side effect of birthing the reddit sensibility. And then in his post-reddit work Wright has become a stooge of the subculture he helped birth. If the man has any self awareness left I'm sure he looks down the barrel of a gun every night.

There is literally nothing wrong in that post.

felt like a slightly higher budget episode of Doctor who.

Jesus all those fucking buzzwords. I'm not gonna argue with a mentally disabled manchild.

It was a trilogy from the concept stages, asshole

kek

He's right though

So says "meme era" Wright and co.

literally desu no senpai *tips fedora*

If in Simon Pegg's character's situation, the movie basically told you it's okay to be who you are and to do what makes you happy. At least, that's what I took away from it.

Why can't more video games be like Scott Pilgrim and Hot Fuzz?

If you have to dismiss a post because of boogyman words then you have already forfeited the discussion. I fill all my posts with as many unfashionable "Buzzwords" as possible because they act as a Cred Forumseddit filter. Seperate the people really in tune with what Cred Forums means from those who can only view a post on a superficial level that shouldn't be here in the first place.

Is this the epitome of neo-Cred Forums?

Literal autism.

I am authentic Cred Forums on a level you could not even comprehend.

I hope you realize that it's people like you who are so obsessed with talking about "reddit sensibilities" that are making this board such a shithole to visit. You fuckers can not stop talking about that fucking stupid website. It's obnoxious as fuck, because you bring it into every goddamned discussion about a movie. Just fucking stop it. Please, you dim-witted fuck sticks.

If you are not equipped to see through my suit of garbage then you are not qualified to talk to me in the first place. And I am Cred Forums, both as the central metaphor of this post and in a much broader sense. The very fact that there are literal video game players in this thread and you are complicit in that makes you unfit to post on this board.

Become a meat grinder. Grind the meat with every post. No Cred Forumseddit left alive.

First two were enjoyable flicks but the cult worship behind it is really annoying, sometimes my friends cream themselves saying we should watch them for the tenth time. World end was just bad, the ending was especially awful. Like one of those Dr Who fags who think cosplaying as the doctor and pulling silly poses is really cool when they just look like annoying pieces of shit

It's all here in this post. Wright birthed the "epin" reddit crowd and then fell victim to his creation. Poetry.

>reddit boogeyman

Do you people ever have a moment of clarity where you realize that you have shit the bed in every aspect of your life?

"Reddit" (Jew cucked meme millennial nu-males brainwashed to fight against their own race until their last breath) are an even bigger threat to the western world than Muslims. This cultural war is noble and important.

I liked the World's End because I identified a lot with Gary. The ending bit with him in the actual World's End was my favorite part of the movie.

>It never got better than that night.
>That was supposeda be the beginning of my life.
>All that promise and fuckin' optimism.
>That feeling like we could take on the whole universe.
>It was a big LIE.

Relatability is the disgusting, depraved, LAZY short cut to percieved "quality". True cinema should be relateable to NOBODY.

That's hot tub time machine

This,desu,familia.

You can spot the underage faggots by their dislike for this flick. Come back to us in 15 years kiddies and tell us that The Worlds End is shit, it has the most heart out of rest and really resonates with people of a certain age. Sure it's the darkest of the three with the least laugh out loud moments but that what was needed with these characters and the underlining story arc.

THIS! A thousand times this!

The problem with this movie is that is satisfies nobody. It has too much tedious "meme" driven, "epin", "le 10/10 lets make a tumblr gif of that moment", fighting and running around to count as real cinema to anybody watching it wanting a dark emotionally affecting human story, and also too "boring" and "depressing" and "unfunny" for the wright cornetto meme brigade who wanted a feature length Cred Forumseddit hotpocket like hot fuzz.

>2016
>Believes in zombies
>Think the earth is the only planet in the universe with intelligent life
How does it feel being retarded?

Zombies have become more realistic than aliens imo. They wouldn't have happened without the help from the media, but now they are so entrenched in our popular culture it's almost certain that scientists will be influenced to make them happen. Same as how old science fiction gave inventors the ideas for a lot of modern technology.

>aliens have to be invented

flawless logic

Somebody bio-engineering a zombie virus seems more likely than the invention of light speed travel required to visit alien worlds.

>Gais, I'm only PRETENDING to be retarded!!!!

Hot Fuzz: 9.3/10
Worlds end: 8.7/10
Shean on the dead" 7.6/10

Cred Forumseddit will never understand that post-irony is the only way to cure the cultural cancer. If you're consciously "pretending" then you have failed. It is full commitment to a performance to reveal genuine truths.

Drape yourself in trash and die in the gutter and then you will find the honesty.

I drank 14 beers when I watched this movie and had a great time.

Me, but I have a gf and friends, no job however

My friends are in more or less shitty situations, same as 90 % of the people I know so I don't really care

Literal autism
And not the funny, functional kind either, with strange behavior and being very outspoken.
>the (picture related) kind of autism.

The ending was cringe. Not in a funny way but in an embarrassing way

He has very small teeth

>I am Cred Forums
No oldfag would ever say "I'm Cred Forums", the same way no smart man would ever say "I'm smart". It's actually a very easy way to out newfags who browsed for 3 years and now trying to come off more knowledgeable than they actually are.

nothing. Its the best of the trilogy in fact

I have been here for 7 years now. I have been on the level of transcended "true Cred Forums" authenticity warrior for 3 years. I don't care some Cred Forumseddit compromized piece of shit thinks about the validity of that. Those are the FACTS.

Does anyone have a webm of the part where he lifts up his Sisters of Mercy shirt to reveal exactly the same design tattooed on his chest?

I think reddit is the place for you, my man.

The story and the characters weren't as tight as SotD or Hot Fuzz, but it was still a fine movie.

I can't think of many comedies since 2010 that I've enjoyed more.

>Jonah
you fucking cunt

TWE is far stronger than Hot Fuzz from a character perspective.

The way that that characters reacted to the twist didn't seem all that plausible. And the way that Pegg's character ended up in a sort of wish fulfillment fantasy didn't really sit well with me.

Maybe I need to watch it again.

I really hope you meant that in a movie context, and not for real

maybe if you consider the character arc of two main heroes, but unlike main characters in Hot Fuzz they are unlikeable and unfunny, straight caricatures like in Hot Fuzz works much better in comedy; also all other major characters in Hot Fuzz gets their moment to shine in final confrontations and there are many other memorable minor characters.

Comedy is for fucking retards so TWE is the best purely because it is the least comedic.

You want to sit and laugh? Go ahead, I'll be learning to hunt and build shelter and we'll see who is laughing when the shit hits the fan.

>he hunts and builds shelters in a cinema

I smuggle a gun into the cinema and then for every female
BANG.
For every black
BANG
For every gay
BANG

Collapsed under the weight of its own smugness

Had fuck all jokes but just plenty of 'hah that's clever' moments (if you caught them at all)

The action scenes were too long and fucking shit. Plus there were no fucking jokes in them which made it worse

Ending was dogshit and epilogue was literally red.dit

>epilogue was literally red.dit
THIS

I was surrounded by fedora hotpocket types and during that end sequence I could hear their eyes prick up and the rustling of their cheeto bags intensifying as they watched their epin post apocalypse ending and I just wanted to die by that point. I was trembling gently and letting out a low moan.

Subtle.

An the Three Colours trilogy is the ur-meme...

The end of the world brought about an environment which his personality and behaviour was better suited to. That part was about finding your place in the world. Most of the film is about the hostility that occurs between individualist and collectivist lifestyles

Why have there been so many threads about this lately? Literally nobody but OP hates this movie. Rank it among the cornettos how you like but all of them are really good.

not the OP, the movie was extremely disappointing in comparison with the rest of the trilogy

WOW IT LOOKS LIKE YOU'RE correct

Because you have brain autism. Hot Fuzz is the "cheeto dust" hot pocket shit stain of the trilogy. TWE is the stealth kino that nobody saw coming after two shit films from Wright.

What if there are rules in the universe that can't be explained by our Human concept of physics?

I'm not even NEET. Fuck, most of you would probably consider me to be pretty successful, and I still relate to him.

I don't know, man. Working is a monotonous slog and nothing appeals to me like it did when I was a teenager. Not movies, not music, not video games, not girls, nothing.

Funny thing is, Gary King can't be reasoned with his friends but has all the time in the world to argue with an alien. The whole movie is a drunken sci-fi fantasy. The bittersweet ending seems intentional since it involves beer.