Ash vs Evil Dead

The Evil Dead 2 and The Army of Darkness are some of my favorite movies of all time.

Is the Ash Vs Evil Dead series worth a try? I've heard it felt low budget

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wQGawWqJdfs?t=2m6s
imdb.com/name/nm3034977/?ref_=tt_cl_t6
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If you enjoyed those 2 then it's a wonder you haven't started the series yet, I wouldn't say it's low budget but sometimes they use CG in spots where practicals would've been more effective.

Also some people think the running time is too short but it works for the most part.

Long story short, if you enjoyed Ash in AoD, you'll enjoy this

First season is a bit bumpy with an awful character and the two partners cannot act. Which loses its charm sometimes, but they grow on you.

But Ash himself is incredible, and the show is hilarious.

Season 2's first episode is out on WEB right now and so far it's one of the best episodes the show has had. Looking good.

It has everything you can ask for a series with this name.
Ash, Evil Dead, slaughter, and shitty actors.

It's great

>ash has sex
>ash uses drugs
>spic le comedy relief hair sidekick
>digital pathetically cheap awful looking fx

Not muh evil dead

Whats wrong with the first two?
They make sense for his character, hell he had a GF in the original(s)

>Is the Ash Vs Evil Dead series worth a try?

No, spend that time on something better.

I really like the films (the Raimi ones mind you, not the 2013 remake) but even though he is producing this series it just doesn't work beyond the first couple of episodes.

It's like they took all the repetitive elements of Supernatural and plastered a 'Evil Dead' logo on it, after the 'aaah Bruce Campbell back as Ash' excitement fades, it's just a shitty monster of the week fare, and the new sidekicks do nothing to help matters.

I sooo wanted this to be good, with some really fleshed out lore and interesting characters, but they even made Xena into a 'meh' end of season baddie, I mean how can you fuck that up...?

Evil Dead 1&2 didn't rely on either. Every schlocky horror movie back in the day would have sex and drugs to try appealing to people but Evil Dead just focused on the pure horror and the action and special effects.

Now they are just desperate to get a new crowd to like them they have to stoop to a chick smoking weed from a shotgun. She never fucking stops referencing it on her twitter

The CGI is actually pretty great for a TV show

To be fair wasn't the point of that to get the guy to smoke it too so he could kill himself?
I'm against dudeweedlmao but I think Evil Dead is fairly light on it

I feel the same way. I would have rather had a fourth movie.

>>ash has sex
problem? they went to the cabin to fuck the girls in the first place
>>ash uses drugs
he's kinda "yolo" guy, everything for the party. weed doesn't even hard drug aik, and not a big deal in the US. here in EU is much less common.
>>spic le comedy relief hair sidekick
most hero has a sidekick, why shouldn't Ash have?
>>digital pathetically cheap awful looking fx
saying this, after the all pathetic lookin fx in the movies ?
also it has practical effects, and the CG isn't bad at all. Those demons are looking better than most horror movie demons.

Yeah, i guess you're right. But the fans and the actress are constantly referencing it DUDE XD

I guess I'm letting a obnoxious portion of the fanbase affect my view of the show when I shouldn't. I take it back.

>movies
>pathetic looking fx

I will give you 30 seconds to take this back you faggot. There's shit from Evil Dead 1 on a shoestring 80's budget that looks a thousand times better than that garbage from Season 1's digital blood. Some of the shit in the TV show is cringe inducinly embarrassing

This is the only Starz show I gave a shit about

>he doesn't know about Party Down

>I feel the same way. I would have rather had a fourth movie.

This!

If you don't like episodes 8-10 you might be a woman.

A weak one.

The blonde got abused so bad in the cabin and she just didn't deserve it

>Season 2's first episode is out
my nig

Totally forgot that show existed, forgot it was a Starz show too

bad for you
Spartacus and Black Sails has also nice moments

> I wouldn't say it's low budget but sometimes they use CG in spots where practicals would've been more effective.

The first ep of season 2 has lots of cool practical and cgi effects, I think they increased the budget a lot.

Mmmm delicious kiwis, I'll post that next..

That blonde chicks role was so weird, man.

She must have fucked some producers to get a large role in the show. Like... Shes a nobody character that got propped up quite a bit. She must have been passing out anal among the executives.

I'm quite jelly.

I think her purpose was to mix up the romantic/relationship of Pablo and the jew girl

Wrong place, wrong time. I think she's going to be in Monster Truck.

>ash has sex
>ash uses drugs

Ash is not a loser, he's just kinda dumb, goofy and unlucky, but still has charisma.

i just used your/his words. those practical effects doesn't aged well, probably were funny at that time too, although it was made with a very low budget too as i know.

Yeah the premiere was on point, the creepy kids were especially well done

I'm actually kind of surprised people are shitting on this show. It's exactly what you'd want if you were a fan of the original trilogy.

>the acting

Damn, poor blondie, I was hoping she was going to survive after all the shit she went through, then suddenly the cabin spit all of her parts over Kelly.

What are the chances Jane Levy shows up?

>on the ground
>her fine ass still manages to get sceentime

She's Hugo Weaving's daughter if that's anything

I felt her pain

I've never had a couch land on me, but I've been hit in the shins hard enough to at least register empathy with that scenario

Season 1 episode rankings
GOAT
1, 3, 8, 9, 10

Great
2, 6

Meh

Shit
4, 5

She was pretty fucked up, almost unconsious, the nails on her face part is where she's trying to recompose herself to scream one last time before passing out.

Can you redo this but with what each episode was about? I'm not autistic enough to know every episodes plot by number

>I'm actually kind of surprised people are shitting on this show. It's exactly what you'd want if you were a fan of the original trilogy.

I disagree, what I wanted out of a Evil Dead TV show is what the movies could not offer due to the limitations of the format, like an interesting deep plotline which carries on through the episodes rather than the tired demon-of-the-week scenario we have instead, with 3-4 new characters introduced and then killed, rinse and repeat in the next episode.

The first season felt like a big drag towards the finale which itself was lackluster, disappointing.

Accurate as fuck, Pablo's Abuelo shit was a goddamn handbrake, thank goodness 6 put it back in gear.

So what's he supposed to do? Skip the bad ones and read the wiki? This is pointless

Maybe season 3, they got the rights for Army of Evil, they may end Ash's arc in this season (Going back to his home town where everybody treats him like shit after what happened) and use him as a mentor for Mia.

>So what's he supposed to do? Skip the bad ones and read the wiki? This is pointless

He didn't say anything about skipping

>1
Directed by Raimi
>8,9 an 10
Back to the Cabin

Everything you need to know.
I think ep 3 is the one they summon the demon.

elaborate on monster truck
i think that blond is the hottest thing on the planet

>A new member for my fan club

Damn, the deadites are spending too much time with Ash.

Her aesthetics are hard to miss. movie looks kind of stupid fun

youtu.be/wQGawWqJdfs?t=2m6s

>Accurate as fuck
it's not, there is none of them is shit, those had also great scenes.
at least i've nevere ever seen anybody smoke from a shotgun.

4 and 5 were better than 6 and 7

>I GOT A BONE TO PICK WITH YOU!!!

Then again that WAS Ash. Speaking of which...

a man needs a name

>they got the rights for Army of Evil
is this true? last season they didn't have it.

also.. did the creepy kid forshadow something, when he told the girl, she should be the leader and not Ash?

The Evil Dead series has always had a low budget charm to it. Anyway, check out AvED. It's great.

>Ash vs the Memevil Reddead
Kys, senpai

imdb.com/name/nm3034977/?ref_=tt_cl_t6

>You will never hunt deadites with Kelly
Why live

delicious, thanks

People really don't give Bruce enough credit as an actor, his Evil Ash was creepy as fuck.

She was hot, poor Ash, he always conquer the girls but never bang them.

Yep, I only got the necronomicon part where there's a image of Ash, I don't know if there is more references to it, maybe in the next episodes.

For the guy that is uploading the webms, please post the Army of Darkness (Now I realized I fucked up and typed "army of evil", kek) reference.

gb2 your BvS cirlejerk threads, this is fun alowed area

its honestly one of my favorite shows that came out in the past couple years. the girl and the mexican guy are shitty, but ash more than makes up for it, lucy lawless is good as usual too.

second season is already off to a good start

yep, "low budget" in a good way, using creative solutions instead of cg, but now they're nailing it visually in the second season.

RIP in peace Amanda, you were an ok character when alive but goddamn a top tier deadite

>For the guy that is uploading the webms, please post the Army of Darkness (Now I realized I fucked up and typed "army of evil", kek) reference.

Their seemed to be quite a few, which one in particular?

Hated the character, loved her as a Deadite.

His drawing in the necronomicon

Strangely enough, it's incorrect.

what the fuck she was in the trailer for less than a second and doesn't even look like a side character

meh it's no doubt pandering to the audience that isn't familiar with the films.

>emphasise the changesaw arm...

forgot my webm

thisAnd it's a drawing, not a photo, it isn't supposed to be THAT accurate.

>ironic "badass" suiting up a la Commando
>suddenly le funnay after shave
>winks at camera
This is literally r€ddit "humor"

>yfw Ash is developing alzheimer's

well, you'd know wouldn't you, squire?

No, this is Ash, son, stop trying so hard.

im guessing you haven't watched the other evil dead movies because they are all very tongue in cheek

Yes it's true.

I love Lucy.

He's true though.
That joke has been used to death since the 80s and if it were used in any other show, you would call it meme/reddit/whatever.

and?

who would have thought certain things work fine in certain tv shows/movies and don't in others

I thought that she was a joke character, made out to act like a modern horror protagonist you see in movies these days.

I thought it was acid or something that was burning her, but it seems that the creature is trying to absorve something.

1 - pilot
2 - ash kills slutfu's parents
3 - they summon that cool 3d demon
4 & 5 - shit episode at pablo's uncle's place where kelly is possessed by the demon
6 - diner fight
7 - rednecks army base
8, 9, 10 - cabin

The demon they summoned in the library in the first season was fucking impressive. I dont understand why people say it has bad CGI

That demon was actually practical with CG effects layered on to give it the other dimensional effect.

The major complaint was probably the CG blood in some places but it wasn't enough to piss me off since apparently they were saving it up for that finale.

just missed the dead titty

this guy comes up to you in a sewer and slaps your gf's ass, what do you do?

Slap back his mom's ass

The demon looks good. The rest? Awful. Especially when it comes to deadite kills. Evil Dead was one of the series where they pumped whatever liquid they could as blood and now we get this shite.

I loved the first season, I just cant fucking stand how the cop (Amanda was her name right?) just fell in love with Ash out of nowhere...
It felt extremely out of character, and just shit writing in general. I also don't like what Ruby ended up being. Some normal looking lady is supposed to be the ancient one who wrote the necronomicon? I mean I guess she could just be taking that form, but it still feels like some cheap shit out of Supernatural. It just doesn't seem to fit with Evil Dead.

Also the Deadites don't look as gnarly as they used to. In AvED they just give the actors white contacts and some more brow/cheek bone and call it a day, when in the old movies they could get as crazy looking as pic related. I wish some of the deadites just had more variety to them.
And I hated how they showed the camera demon. What made it so mysterious was that we never saw what it looked like, then they show us it was just a big cloud of smoke.

Overall I enjoy it a lot and am super pumped for the next season.

After seeing Ash react like that I thought it was gonna be like a character changing moment and Ash was going to feel guilty and try to be more conscious of innocent bystanders

but right after that scene he just seemed to sorta forget about it and they went on their merry way, and the cop fell in love with him for some weird reason. The writing was pretty iffy on that show.

Just watched the S3 premier
>tfw no hot milf/daughter sandwich

After all the blood and guts he's seen there's really no reason for it start to affect him now, kid or not.

It's not cg blood anymore in the new season, and now they have better fake blood.

That's some Hannibal-Tier brutality, I wasn't expecting it to go that far, but damn I couldn't help but think about how it reminds me of hannibal. Maybe they were inspired by that for this scene.

Pathetic

>weekly episodes

But... Its 2016?

still think this is so awesome

Best show, love it.

>that Farewell to Arms gag

this bitch is the worst part of the show

Where do you guys torrent from nowadays? Kat, extra, and 1337 is blocked for me.

wow, first episode of s2 was great, fucking top notch makeup and buckets of blood

This.

Season 1's effects were pretty horrid for the most part, but SO FAR, Season 2 looks a lot better in that respect.

I'd rather have her tight ass than le wacky haired beaner

google lives matter

It's r.eddit-tier

If you're a numale libcuck you'll prob love it.

the pilot is a fantastic evil dead movie written by raimi. the rest of the show is trash written by 20 something hipsters who grew up watching evil dead. watch the production videos if you doubt me on that

ya but why jews are so hot?

>grew up watching evil dead

What's wrong with this? Besides. There's only like 3ish not so great episodes. The rest are pretty fucking great.

The Creepy Kids/Creeps seem to be a really good blend of CG and practicals, I hope they still do the behind the scenes stuff because it's practically seamless how they do those scenes..

>Ted Raimi's is this season

Thank you God!

and this may just be making excuses but a somewhat flawed but still good first season leaves room for the 2nd to improve without trying to dial it up too much

>people say the first episode is the best because Raimi wrote and directed it but complain about things like Ash doing drugs and having sex which go against evil dead

best