J.J. Abrams: Portal, Half-Life Movies Still Happening

>J.J. Abrams: Portal, Half-Life Movies Still Happening
>A PORTAL MOVIE ANNOUNCEMENT IS COMING SOON

ign.com/articles/2016/09/29/jj-abrams-a-portal-movie-announcement-is-coming-soon

GOD. DAMN. IT.

>JJ abrans

into the trash

Half Life 3 when?

>Half Life movie
this could actually be good
although it'll probably be disappointing

I don't know how a Portal movie could work.
It is fun to play, but the story is so stupid

portal movie sounds bad, it's just an interesting game mechanic.

half-life movie sounds better.

God fucking damnit just give us what we want REEEEEEE

I'd imagine it'd be like a haunted house horror movie, like cube meets that one with the mechanical glass house.

seriously though why would you try portal of anything, it's pretty superficial as far as games go. Feels like a blatant attempt to cash in on a semblance of name recognition.

Hopefully both flop and kill Steam and Valve for real.

>a movie about a puzzle game with no story

'member Portal guys?

shame if something would happen to that sci fi series you like :^)

seriously why do people like hire this guy for his shitty remakes?

nothing is stupid about the story, it's just really straightforward

Gaben is a cuck who lets numales and legbeards do whatever they want. They're too chicken-shit to develop HL3 even if fans would be fine with HL2+ as long as the story gets wrapped.

After the shitshow that was 10CL, I'm never going to let myself get excited for anything JJ is involved in ever again.

This, nobody gives a shit about it being different. We just want more of the same. Hl3 should have been that, then if they wanted to make a sequel trilogy there would have been no pressure to do something different

Those shitty remakes make money.

Good, now then can spreed even more their liberal propaganda with a game with a female main character.

If this is real I will lose my shit and not in a good way

It bothers me that people seem to think half life fans crave something revolutionary. I just want a fun old school FPS.

I'd rather the half life movie first but ok.

Portal in 3D or Imax could be a trip

Will JK Simmons return?

Even if HL3 sold like 20 million copies at $60 it wouldn't make as much as dota does in a year. Take your shit to Cred Forums

A portal movie could be cool if it was done well.

It was worth the weight.

Portal seems like it could work.

Half Life's story is meh though, people only liked it because of the meme physics.

That's not the Tetris.

>Half-Life movie announced before Half-Life 3

FUCK YOU GABE, YOU FAT FUCK!

>mfw the Half-life movie starts withEli getting killed in the hangar

This guy just turns everything into generic explosions pew pew action movies.

>Portal movie

Oh boy, stale memes.

I would absolutely not accept a Portal or HL movie if it had the game's protagonist in it.

Some Aperture Science personnel? All fine.
Some rebels when shit starts hitting the fan? Sign me up.
Talking Gordon Freeman and his witty oneliners? No, no no no no.

B-but le cake is a lie

It'll take much more than one flop to kill Steam

>HALF-LIFE 3: The Movie

>yfw a third party developer makes HALF-LIFE 3: The Movie: The Game

>jj the notorious rapist of franchises will move to vidya flicks

I guess that's good news, I hope he doesn't change genre.

>meme game by meme company get meme movie by meme director

>HALF-LIFE 3: The Movie: The Game: The Novelization

How about you make more games you fat fuck.

>makes some of the greatest games ever
>makes them affordable
>then sells out the movie rights to a hack director who doesn't give a shit about fans or the franchises he is working on

Why does Gaben troll us like this? Is this why Valve's head writer left the company? Why would use the most mediocre, vapid director to make movies about successful art house games?

Remember that time when Valve said the only way there would be a Half Life movie was if THEY made it? When did Valve lose its soul?

Dont both these games work better on a first person level though? I always thought this would be the problem with a bioshock movie, these kind of games completely immerse you in their worlds and I feel like seeing the character will be a whole lot less effective than actually being the character

Listen up, Cred Forumsirgins.

Valve is overrated. All of their shit besides HL was literally other people's work they decided to buy and claim as their own. That's why they're not releasing anything new, they ran out of projects to steal.

Gabe is a big guy

Guys, guys! Maybe they're timing new game releases with movies so movie announcements mean game announcements!

Bothers me more when people deadpan shill for Vive and VR. "hurhruhru im fine wiating until 2020 it'll be fucking epic if it's developed around using this stupid giant expensive headset XD!"

Yes, but even the ability to take ideas and make good games out of them is something. It's more than most developers do. Take Portal, for example: completely new setting and story. People loved it. Same with TF2.

So even beyond Half Life, they could create fun atmospheres, characters, and story (what little story there is in vidya). So their decision to allow a hack to take over all the things that they were good at (basically everything but the idea for the core gameplay mechanic) is baffling.

If Bryan Cranston is not cast as Gordon Freeman I will kill a cat.

I can't really imagine a movie with only three character at most
How would that work?
Maybe a prequel of some sort showing how aperture is back in the day?

name one company at the scale of Valve that is at least as artfully fulfilling as them

100 cloverfield lane

Primer is a movie with 2 characters

Another movie with a "stronk female lead" and her attempts to rescue her dumb male co-prisoners. I can hardly wait.

that movie was fantastic

This.

>Portal is one of the few video games that could lend itself to true kino with a good director
>we get JJ
/trash/

>JJ

At least they have the decency to have a male director. Remember how the nazi party shoved their bullshit SJW propaganda down everyones throats when allowing that whore Riefenstahl to make their liberal piece of shit brainwashing movies...

What if they did it Hardcore Henry style? Main character doesn't speak and it's all first person?