Pam is the antagonist of The Office

Before you say "Pam is one of the protagonists obviously", Jim and Michael are the two antagonists of the series.

Once an aspiring artist who never pursued her dreams, she was transformed into a boring secretary whose presence maligns the office:

>repeatedly encourages Michael's poor behavior through obviously ineffective negative reinforcement
>seduces a man from the warehouse after forming a relationship with one of her coworkers
>pushes the coworker out of the office through sending very mixed feelings
>attempts to take the position of manager through completing the coal walk (which was established as the requirement for manager by michael)
>after breaking up with Roy, she dates him again and pushes him to establish a vendetta against Jim
>causes Jim to break up with Karen and decline the far superior position of vice president of northeast sales
>leaves her position as secretary to join Michael's new paper company, solidifying his departure from the office as manager
>rejoins the office as a saleswoman even though she is often shown to be ineffective
>pushes Ryan out of the office through maintaining her position
>creates the position of office manager after failing at being a saleswoman, assuming part of the former job requirements of the secretary with the pay of a salesman
>attempts to sabotage Jim's new position with Athlead in various ways

if you are still unconvinced, I can come up with more examples.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3OYtjXVilsA?t=239
youtube.com/watch?v=tVdhHktuAmo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

holy shit who cares that show is awful

>frequently encourages Jim to waste time through conditioning him to prank Dwight and other timewasting activities for her approval
>maintains a negative relationship with most of the office until bonding starts to occur with the entirety of the office's staff
>attempts to become chair of the party planning committee in a coup started with Karen
>later establishes a hostile relationship with Karen as part of her plan to destroy Jim's chances at Jan's position
>primary advocate of Michael breaking up with Jan while she was still somewhat stable
>encourages Jim to push Andy too far, resulting in the removal of Andy from the office
>becomes (secret) assistant to the manager with Dwight as a backup plan if Michael and Jim both leave

>I don't like it so it is bad
"I am wiser than this man, for neither of us appears to know anything great and good; but he believes he knows something, although he knows nothing; whereas I, as I do not know anything, so I do not believe I do."

>seduces a man from the warehouse after forming a relationship with one of her coworkers
This isn't true.
Pam and Roy have been dating for eight years and engaged for three years at the start of the first season which took place in 2005.
Jim began working at Dunder Mifflin between 1998 and 1999.
So Pam met Roy before Jim

I miss prime Pam so much bros

;__;

The office is garbage regardless of how I feel

thanks for bringing that up, I never really looked at the timeline before the show started

the encouragement of Jim is still present and arguably more nefarious in my opinion

yeah i don't like Pam either

>awesome...just...awesome

I meant Jim and Michael are the two protagonists of the series... messed that up and just noticed it

>>after breaking up with Roy, she dates him again and pushes him to establish a vendetta against Jim
I love this part. whores will be whores

Pam started out cute, but they are struggled to make her likable in the end.

Part of it was from her peak in Season 3. After you create this angelic relationship with qt people, you can only go downhill. I think they unintentionally made it a reflection of real life. Nothing ever lasts.

S1-S4 are pure kino you queerbait fuck.

the tone of the Pam scenes changes entirely with this information in mind

here's one good example (number 53 on the list if the time link didn't work):

youtu.be/3OYtjXVilsA?t=239

>Once an aspiring artist who never pursued her dreams, she was transformed into a boring secretary whose presence maligns the office:
in the first line of your argument you provide the greatest defense against it: there is no "Pam." There is no consistent character you can call Pam. Season 1 Pam is not Season 9 Pam. They are entirely different people.

The show shouldn't be watched past season 5 anyway, and there's no point in revisiting anything other than the first 4 seasons. That's all that matters and Jim/Pam aren't these crazy psychopathic assholes like autists like you seem to thin they are in the beginning of the show
>inb4 Jim pranks
the exaggeration is a part of the satire; it's what your co-workers wish they could do to you

I know that Pam's character was written into a terrible person later on due to a lack of decent writers apparently. I was actually watching season 9 when I came up with the idea for this list.

I made sure most of the examples were before season 4 ended. I think that if you view her as an antagonist, the plot ends in tragedy at the plot climax of season 3 when Jim decides to decline the promotion offered to him by David Wallace. Interestingly this is somewhat parallel to the timeframe of the original UK Office

Me too.

you never saw prime Jenna

she was 31 in the first season of the office

or... or you could remember the one in a million times she mentions that she started dating Roy in high school

I didn't say Jenna, I said Pam.

youtube.com/watch?v=tVdhHktuAmo

Prime Pam was losing her virginity to Roy after prom

Gold