tfw too dumb to watch this movie

> tfw too dumb to watch this movie

Other urls found in this thread:

khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain/core-finance/stock-and-bonds/shorting-stock/v/shorting-stock
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Watch it over and over, then. Take notes if you must.

It serves as a pretty good primer to the crash.

It was real comfy desu.

but it's made for idiots

It's patronising in parts, and a lot of the fourth wall breaking doesn't work, but for the most part it's decent. B/B- overall.

The first half was

I havent seen this movie. The casting looks great, but the premise and everything ive seen about it through trailers and clips makes it seem so fucking boring. The subject matter just does not interest me at all to watch an entire movie on it.

Can anyone explain some of the high points of this movie? How was the cinematography, score, etc.

>over 95% triple A rating!

They explain everything as it happens.

>mfw watching it in Spanish

it is kinda interesting if you remember how people who said that there was a bubble in the market are marked as looney prophets of the apocalypse
and guess whate, they were right

Margin Call was better

i get why it was, but imo it was waaaay too on the nose, dumbing down for mainstream audiences is understandable but it was too much to have characters turn to the camera to tell me what was happening, just a sign of really really bad writing imo

99.999% of Cred Forums is too dumb to watch it. Stupid fucks here watch this shit, understand only that the banks fucked the common people and some dudes earned money in the process and they think they understood everything. Is fucking pathetic. My bitch is one of this dumb fucks.

Check Khan Academy videos. Will help you a lot. And fuck this dumb board!

khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain/core-finance/stock-and-bonds/shorting-stock/v/shorting-stock

Fuck you. I bet you don't know how stocks work, demented bastard...

the really funny thing is that they were not just doom doctors, they're there all the time, but they had convincing evidence and the whole industry just refused to believe it.

I personally liked Carrell's performance the most. His character felt more fleshed out than the others.

its easy enough to follow, especially the scene where they explain CDOs using the metaphor on people betting on other people's bets

it fucks up the end where instead of seeing these characters move on you just read a caption about each guy's life since then. Michael Lewis books are about larger than life characters and the director definitely loses sight of that. Contrast with Moneyball, the other Lewis adaptation, which keeps character central

hes the only character with an arc basically

>casting a bunch of pasty and doughy wall street jews with a bunch of A+++ super hunks of the modern day

movie was trash before they even started.

The younger guys were also interesting. The scene where they go into that bank and say that they expected to see grown ups was probably my favourite part of the film

holy shit that picture is poetry, would buy a painting of that

this, but margin call is even harder to understand for retards (even though it should be pretty easy to understand if you have a basic understanding of economics 101).

What are you talking about? Bale's character had a great arc. Pitts character was a banker who would return for one last trade. And Gosling went from being our protagonist to declaring himself a villain.

It's actually very interesting and engaging. I'm literally the last person on the planet to be interested in economics of any kind, and I was thrilled with the film.

Adam McKay directs, writes, and produces a lot of comedies (good and bad), and his direction really shows in The Big Short. It's not overtly humorous, but the pacing is great. I'd recommend it, I believe it's still on Netflix.

The movie wasn't even about stocks you fucking idiot.

pitt's character and the two sidekicks really brought down the rest of the movie

gosling never said he was the protagonist and most people never considered him one