tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Merry_Xmas_Everybody
chakoteya.net/DoctorWho/22-5.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=KqdAb--vUks
youtu.be/cNMz1zsDNFA
uktvplay.uktv.co.uk/shows/red-dwarf/watch-online/?video=5124112195001
twitter.com/CaptainChristel/status/781827230074802178
youtube.com/watch?v=QwhzRHuh4GQ
beeblebroxcompany.org/post/151150191363/moffat-writersroom
oxfordmail.co.uk/news/14776074.Police_find_body_after_searching_woodland_for_missing_man/'
youtube.com/channel/UC8YOWzjdj98EePC0KsiA0fw
twitter.com/GirlyLetters/status/781772741636657152
twitter.com/mr_clark/status/781771753060171776
twitter.com/AnonBabble

youtube.com/watch?v=rlygadz4Lmo

doctorwho is dead. But the whogeneral has been prepared for

chronological user here, watching Kings Demons.

Ainley isn't even trying to disguise himself here.

If you could only preserve one Doctor Who episode for after the apocalypse so people can reconstruct the show based on it, what do you choose?

What would you chose?

Literally the best nuwho series

The Eleventh Hour

fear her

Overrated Series Edition

The Caretaker

Silence in the Library/Forest if the Dead.

Great mixture of mystery, secondary character development, heart, story, bad ass Doctor moment, villain and companion

Last of the /who/lords

youtube.com/watch?v=zRnsmWr1crE

Kek. There should be a series of videos where 10 scenes are edited so he looks super evil and psychotic.

It's a series 4 thread. Not series 5.

Mission to the Unknown

youtube.com/watch?v=t_Wa6bFLzCY

An Unearthly Child.

I don't think I watched any of this one. What are the recommended episodes and what are the ones to avoid?

Why didn't you watch it?

All the episodes except The Doctor's Daughter, that one is complete shit. Don't even be tempted to watch it by the title, it's just a ruse.

Because I'm just not that into NuWho. Nowv I've answered your question, answer mine please.

Seeing as how you are not that interested I won't bother.

These and Midnight are the only eps of series 4 that were really really good.

Lesley Sharp, an actress that I've always liked, was absolutely brilliant in Midnight.

I'll answer yours when you watch heaven sent

I wouldn't have asked were I not interested.

The only one that's really bad enough to skip is The Doctor's Daughter, everything else is either passable or saved by based Wilf

What's the real cream of the crop though?

Watch Midnight, Silence In The Library/Forest Of The Dead, and Turn Left.
Rest are mediocre and skippable.

Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead
Midnight
Turn Left (although it assumes you've seen a lot of previous episodes)

Midnight might be RTD's best Who overall

Waters of Mars.

Spare me my brothers!

Literally any episode not written by Steven Moffat or aired during his tenure as showrunner :^)

>So this 'Doctor Who' show seemed to be a bleak drama revolving around an egomaniac time traveller's emotional struggle against the predetermined timeline of history, which has the power to make people randomly commit suicide. I can see why they only made the one episode

>>So this 'Doctor Who' show seemed to be a bleak drama revolving around an egomaniac time traveller's emotional struggle against the predetermined timeline of history
Literally sounds acetown, buddy.
>>randomly
lol.

Thanks. I'll try to give them a look over the weekend.

Waters of Mars is good drama though.

You will escape... in death!

>The Doctor's Daughter

Jeez, that one was abysmal. Can't understand why so many fans want her back.

Name the worst Series 9 episode.

Hard mode: you can't say Sleep No More or Hell Bent.

Really enjoyed The Genocide Machine. Seemed like a pretty decent Dalek story, Seven was as great as usual, so was Ace. Although the ending was quite predictable I still liked it and I'm looking forward to the other Dalek Empire audios.
Listening to Red Dawn tomorrow, looks quite decent since the Ice Warriors have always been one of my favourites.

Not even worth replying to m8 the b8

youtube.com/watch?v=s1X2b0kq9EE&feature=share

Sleep No More was quite good on the very first viewing up until the very end tbqh. Zygon Invasion/Inversion was fucking unbearable though.

The Woman Who Lived

Nice bait.

Since I can't name Sleep No More, I name The Woman Who Lived for being so tedious.

Sleep No More is the only "shit" one.
Rest were good/great with HS being GOAT.

>Sleep No More was quite good

I legitimately don't remember a fucking thing about The Girl Who Died OR The Woman Who Lived other than thinking they were really shit as I was watching them. I honestly don't remember a single thing that happens in the episodes at all.

I remember the live thread very well, and people were saying middling to good things about it right up until the end of the episode with the epik twist. I don't intend to rewatch it basically ever, but it certainly wasn't the worst that S9 had to offer. There are so many candidates for that award.

Heaven sent

What's the twist? That Gatiss wrote something /who/ liked if even for just a few moments?

The only good thing about Sleep No More was the very end.

The Woman Who Lived not only has no plot but is also boring as fuck character wise. Tregenna wrote an immortal character the same way anyone would have written one.

Girl Who Died. Did that baby have a lit degree?

The bit at the end with the guy talking directly to the viewers with his face melting or something. I think it turned out the whole thing didn't happen or something dumb like that.

Go to bed Gatiss.

archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/62719353/

The bad guys win and the Doctor never figures out their plan. It was actually a pretty clever subversion of Doctor Who tropes, if flawed in execution.

Class trailer when?

Did you even read the thread you just posted? That's a relatively mild response as live threads go, and there are plenty of people saying exactly the things I said they did. Until the retarded fucking twist. I'm not saying the episode is good, the end pretty much renders it impossible to rewatch for me and I just thought it was eh when I was watching it live, but it's not the worst episode of S9.

This was a very tedious episode with final twist not actually adding anything. Yes, I was aware I was watching a work of fiction, thank you very much.

Now, idea itself was not that bad, but ultimately it was just an excuse to subject us to a boring story with maybe some extra plotholes and/or contrivances.

People are shitting on it way before the ending in that thread.

No more than they do for most episodes. Live threads are typically a shitstorm of people saying that it's shit for almost every episode, with the odd exception. Like I said, what you see in that thread is pretty mild.

Go get some sleep Mark.

The ending clearly went over your head. It did happen and the bad guys won, The Doctor was completely stumped.

curse of fenric

mummy on the orient express

Maybe we should go to series 1 Rose? Next thread.

Either that or go thru the radio episodes one by one until the revival.

Chan you are so strong tho

Chan what are you? Tho

Chan what will you be? Tho

It was OK, liked most of it except the silly lion man. Not gr8 Who but entertaining enough.

How do we fix this, /who/?

The Shakespeare Code. What a sublime story.

>no 8
>no War
>no 11
>no 12

It's unfixable.

C'mon Tardy, add something after Ten. He's been gone awhile.

Christmas special theme leaked:

youtube.com/watch?v=p4E7uiFn_4Y

Chronological user here,

about to start 5 doctors, transmission or special edition?

transmission.

because special edition cuts out the best Cyberman moment and changes the 4th Doctor ending

Ass, Tittays, came out of pic related's cunt etc.

Transmission it is then.

New console looks fantastic.

Why do British people wear burger flipper hats on Christmas?

Why do Americans wear Christmas cracker party hats when flipping burgers?

They're paper crowns.

I didn't make this shit.
Here's another one.
Kiiinda better...?

To emulate our sovereign of course.

dr who xmas theme leaked

youtube.com/watch?v=VJshp3WAyqc

Matthew Waterhouse has to be the BF performer whose voice has changed the most since the time he was in the show.
Anyway, really nice short story. I'm glad BF finally made something good that fits into season 18.

Patrick Ness creeps me the hell out.
youtube.com/watch?v=xO69qKRxOt8

>Mr P. Ness creeps me the hell out.

Worse than Deborah ?

I still get something of her old voice in her performace. I found Waterhouse to be almost unrecognizable.

Alien Bodies - oh wait, that's what Moffat did

I only listened to him in the Fifth Doctor boxset, i don't remeber being shocked by his voice.
To be fair it was on Christmas day and I was tired as fuck.

To be completely fair, in this story he isn't even trying to recapture his old voice because it's narrated by an older Adric. Don't ask how.

Does it have something to do with The Boy that Time Forgot ? I never listened to it, but feel free to spoil.

How do you guys sit through OldWho? Seriously. I've tried so many times.

By not being underage.

It's called having patience. Immerse yourself in the world. It's a shame TV has to be 243mph these days for short fucking attention spans.

By actually being able to enjoy stories and characters and plots, not just biding my time until the next explosion of colors or people shouting.
Just sit there and pay attention. Don't compare the pacing to modern TV.

Suicide Squad making as much money as it did really does signal the end of the world.

Neither of those are the problem here. I'm 26 and I love slow stories. It's the acting, the terrible sound effects and the set designs that completely turn me off.

Listen to audios.
They're better stories for the old Doctors.
I'm only half memeing

No, it's completely unrelated to that.
I'm going to have to spoil the whole plot to explain how it works.
The Doctor, Romana and Adric land on a planet where a scientist has invented a machine that revives the dead, but the technology is out of control and the Doctor and Romana have to sacrifice themselves to stop it. Adric makes a life for himself on the planet until, in his old age, he starts having dreams about the Master, entropy and the end of the universe, and he understands that the Doctor was supposed to survive to stop that. So he builds a time machine to go back and save the Doctor.
However, the story draws a lot of parallels between Adric and the Doctor, and it's also implied that Adric himself might become a Doctor substitute and go travel in time and space with his granddaughter.

It sounds like a fanfiction.
But a good one.

What episodes did you watch?

>really does signal the end of the world.
calm down m8

Obviously you can't see past that, whereas others can.

You'd probably prefer Sapphire and Steel then. It never goes too out there in terms of special effects.

snark snark snark snark

I meant to type 'Culture'.
Old habits

Reminder tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Merry_Xmas_Everybody

kek

Did Six really say that?

chakoteya.net/DoctorWho/22-5.htm
According to this, kind of.
>You're finished, Borad. Your reign of terror's over. Nobody wants you. Nobody needs you. Nobody cares!

I'm watching the Eccles in G.I. Joe.

What are you listening to /who/?
youtube.com/watch?v=KqdAb--vUks

Everytime I remember Moffat considers Capaldi the 14th Doctor who just still calls himself 12, I want to kill myself a little bit.

War Doctor counting? Sure. 10's aborted one? Fuck u.

Why so rustled?

The fuck just couldn't imagine anyone else tackling the 13 rule.

It would've made for a more compelling series if "12" had to live in fear of actual death this time.

Read the chart, nigger

He is the 12th distinct version of a man to carry the title of Doctor. It's not hard.

FFS

Okay, John Hurt's Doctor specifically did not carry the title of "Doctor".

Okay, now, David Tennant's Doctor had a second regeneration. Did his face or personality change? No. He was the same man. He wasted a regeneration, something even in-universe he's considered a dick for.

12 incarnations of one being called themselves "Doctor".

Here's the Doctor himself explaining it

youtu.be/cNMz1zsDNFA

It's like I'm back in 2013.

Davison is so playing Omega in the fiftieth, guise.

>ywn just hang out and chill in a conveniently empty ancient Roman house for a few weeks

So is "the trouble with drax" by big finish productions meant to make a mockery of moffats ridiculous plotlines?

Davross enjoying some rice pudding and the 7th doctor has none. Sad.
She misunderstood the instruction and drew them separately as you can see. I'll have it remedied and she will be beaten accordingly. Sorry for the delay user.

No. It's if anything, a loving celebration of Moffat-type twisty plots.

>beaten

Oh cone now you couldnt beat a fly let alone another human

But tom baker said he loved it and he HATES moffat

Not out of malice no.

You couldnt period you can barely lift a feather

>he HATES moffat
Source?

Oi I could lift you little man.

Everyone hates moffat dude is a douch

Remember that tweet quoting the Zygon episode that said "old rabbits" instead of "old habits"? Can't find it anywhere.

Ah. Found it.

anybody else find it a bit odd having a creepy old man that semi-regularly alludes to abusing his younger gf as a regular on /who/?

We all like 12th Doctor, don't we?

He's(the doctor) gotten kinkier in his old age.

Cloister can barely use his computer. I doubt he'd be able to lift his old weak and feeble body to hit his aide.

You're being a bit of a meany user. If I can barely use my computer it's because I'm an idiot. Let me find some gloves, we can arm wrestle, you raucous rapscallion!

Does anyone know if immigrant is waiting on any submissions to the anthology? Does he have a release day set?

Underrated post.

/who/ sure is fucking dead.

New Red Dwarf lads

uktvplay.uktv.co.uk/shows/red-dwarf/watch-online/?video=5124112195001

It's funny how /doctorwho/ was supposed to be a refuge from newfag shitposting but now it's where the worst shitposting has migrated to.

Moff's Zygon shit makes no fucking sense. Do they keep the originals alive to refresh or interegate them?

Why, is that one autist still screaming at an empty thread?

Eternally.

Not as dead as Doctor Who itself.

Just finished watching today's new Red Dwarf, it had better realised robots than most of what DW can muster on a modest budget.

twitter.com/CaptainChristel/status/781827230074802178

>She thinks the Doctor and Nardole are a good double act

Series 10 is saved!

Can't be any worse than series 9

No, it could be even worse. As bad as series 2, 3, 6 and 7.

Why can't Dr Who robots be as good as Red Dwarf's

Why can't Dr Who be as good as Red Dwarf?

It's because the moderation died years ago. doctorwho is dead.

This. The mods have disappeared from /who/ and never came back.

If dubs Adam is new companion

if dubs series 11 will be the worst season of all time

dubs if Bill's teeth are secretly an alien growth

>user
Oh please, try to keep up.

dubs /who/ dies in a few weeks

dubs if s10>class>s9

What?

dubs so you guys shut the fuck up already

dubs if moffat moons the audience

chibnall confirmed for killing the show

aYYYYYYYYYYY

>you guys

I said you guys should keep with what I've been posting.

Who are you?

Oh, you know who I am. I'm user.

Who's user?

Please, try to keep up. Short for Anonymous. Well, couldn't very well keep calling myself Monganon, now could I?

Cats, obviously.

Hey guys. I'm an intern at BBC an that. I have a smegment of a full picture that will be revealed at NYCC next week. It shows the superhero character. AMA

Bill's teeth, Adam, set reporters, offerino, flooding, shitposting.

That's cats!

Just keeping /who/ alive

Who else already hates Bill?

reminder that series 10

Gotta admire DWM for not even bothering to use the current TARDIS. No fucks given. Even they don't care.

BF doing not shit covers for 4th Doctor
Who would've thought

>also using literally the three ugliest pics of the actors
There's no way this wasn't cobbled together in an hour.

They cared enough to spend time photoshopping an S9 picture of Capaldi to change his old costume into his new one and replace the head.

B-but Bill a cute. CUTE!!

yup. pretty fucking poor by DWM standards

>implying that's an ugly capalpic

What did I miss?

Christel Dee of the Doctor Who Fan Show went to the Christmas special read-through and reports that Nardole is like an "anticompanion" and says things like "Doctor, don't do that." and "No." in a funny way. She also said something like "He (Nardole) kept coming naw." It must be a British expression I'm not familiar with.

youtube.com/watch?v=QwhzRHuh4GQ

Capaldman is now officially the cutest current star of the show.

>He (Nardole) kept coming naw." It must be a British expression I'm not familiar with.

It must be a pretty local british phrase since as an ausfag I've never heard of it, typically we share a lot of experssions

This sounds terrible.

She said "Doctor can we not?". It's actually a GirlyLetters post. He just copy pasted it.

must be lying and pretend-happy for the sake of it being her job, she has to be lying

naw = nah (no)

He did it guys. The absolute madman. He made Nardole even worse than he already was.

SERIES 10 CONFIRMED SHIT

BOCK ONCE AGAIN
IT DA RENEGADE MOSTUH

I can't wait for the "series 10 will be shit!" memery to die and be replaced with the traditional hype train

After 18 months of no Who, I'll be happy to watch even shit Who.

As long as it's entertainingly shit, like Nimon or Gunfighters

Nice meme

>Nardole as a fucking recurring character
>episode written by Frank fucking Cotrell-Boyce
>unexciting new wacky companion that's not even decent eye candy
>worst 12 costume variants
>Moffat's final series that he didn't even really expect to write and might literally just be shitting out just to bridge the awkward gap until Chibnal can assume full showrunner duties, meaning this could be an absolute clusterfuck at best and a painfully low quality Series 7-tier abomination at worst
>once again overlapping with a new Sherlock series writing which makes a series 7 mediocrity even more likely

I'm not usually a le super cynical "everything is shit" memer but nothing about this series so far has filled me with hype and everything about this series so far has filled me with concern.

Aspergers

Another user said a few threads back that s10 could go either of 2 ways
1. Moffat doesn't give a fuck anymore, is sick of the hate mail, will pass any old shit of a script, and will quite literally just 'keep the Tardis warm' for Chinballs.
2. Moffat, in one last attempt to prove his critics wrong, makes an extra effort and s10 is surprisingly pretty good.

That is a nice cover.

Nearly all of those things might turn out good though. Even Cottrell-Boyce. ITFOTN could probably have been at least decent with better direction, and now after that failed they know what not to attempt (as with other nuwho writers who improved after an unimpressive first effort). And frankly anyone who doesn't want a light hearted and goofy companion after Amy and Clara can fark off.
It feels like people really have to stretch and extrapolate to make it seem like 10 will be significantly worse than 8 and 9 despite having the same creative team.

Kill The Moon

>hating Frank Cottrell-Boyce
Have you autists not seen 24 Hour Party People? He kicks the arse of 95% of Who writers, regardless of how that one episode he wrote turned out.

Blink

Moffat often says how knackering it is. I thus predict Series 10 will just be average at best. Not really trying, just doing enough to make it okay.

£10 says we see Trap Street redressed again next series.

Easily the empty child or Blink. Those are still the best episodes from Nu who.

Didn't he write that London Olympics thing with James Bond and the Queen too?

to be fair that episode was really really fucking bad. I think he's a talented writer too but holy fuck what the hell even was that

Not really a Dr Who story at all. I think he had a short story idea and added the Doctor/Clara in as an afterthought.

Excited to see Trap Street, the National Museum of Wales, Caerphilly Castle and the Temple of Peace again next year!

An episode about the Doctor being powerless in the face of a naturally caused apocalypse that turns out to be a planetary defence mechanism should have been fascinating and spiritual. That's clearly what the script wanted to be. It just came out completely half-arsed with every aspect being poorly realised and emphasis in the wrong places.

I was hoping to see London rebuilding itself in "Dark Water" - roots, trees, leaves everywhere - wouldn't have helped "ITFOTN" but it would've added a bit of a sense of realism/continuity. But nah, all the trees VANISH because uh REASONS OF MAGIC

Remember the amazing and heartbreaking aftermath of the dead rising from graves all over the world as flying metal robots and the collapse of 3W and the repercussions for life on Earth?

reminder that in the forest of the shite made Dr Who as a TV show canon

>not Remembrance of the Daleks

okay, fine, ITFOTN re-enforced that it's canon

>implying Doctor Who hasn't always been an endless loop containing itself

Doctor Who isn't canon.

Canon isn't canon

"The man I hope you are with, he needs you right now. He sounds old. Is he grey?"

11 assumes his next self is male in Deep Breath, which in theory he shouldn't assume because for all he knows he'll change into a woman, right?

No because it's been established he can't be a woman.

Go on then, I'll bite: where?

beeblebroxcompany.org/post/151150191363/moffat-writersroom

I think it's a case of he's only ever been a man so it's more likely?

Not the first time tho.

End of Time: "Some new MAN goes sauntering away..."
Time of the Doctor: "Any moment now, HE's a'comin..."

True, good examples.

11 heard the voice of his successor, and Peter Capaldi doesn't sound very womanly.

Moffat's theory is that male Time Lords are ones who are male more often but are still capable of becoming female, and vice versa. Note how the General describes being female as 'back to normal'/

Nah. "The man I hope you are with" is said before Capaldi even exits the TARDIS.

REMINDER THAT

ONE WEEK BEFORE THE TRAILER

True, but with him just having been granted a whole new cycle of regenerations along with a giant reset, surely anything is fair game. For all he knew, the Time Lords had granted him a cycle of female incarnations / regenerations to come after his first cycle all being male.

>worst 12 costume variants
PLEB
L
E
B

I disagree. KtM = ItFotN.

They were ok. If the much beloved cute young Tenth Doctor had still been in the role, instead of an old oogleh one, fans would've loved these eps.

Even the moon being an egg would've been forgiven.

>not even decent eye candy
>>>/tumblr/

user means Bill not Nardole.

I know what he meant.

Moffat just confirmed there will be a trailer next Friday

GET HYPE

source?

oxfordmail.co.uk/news/14776074.Police_find_body_after_searching_woodland_for_missing_man/'

>Officers combed through woodland in the village of Tadmarton this morning and made the discovery, which is thought to be the body of 38-year-old Adam Standing who went missing on Sunday evening.

>The force is explaining it as an "unexplained death" but said it does not believe there were any suspicious circumstances.

what the fuck? man his DW videos were chill. RIP

Then you're ignorant. Tumblr fandom couldn't give less of a fuck if the female companion is oogleh because it is dominated by straight women. Wanting an eye candy female companion, on the other hand, has been part of straight male viewership's public discourse surrounding the show (and in British culture) for decades. It's no less retarded, of course, but it's the least Tumblr thing there is and would actually be far better suited to >>>/Cred Forums/ as a mere glance at the Jenna waifufaggotry would indicate.

Who ?

Nah. Back to tumblr senpai.

>eye candy

Billie Piper wasn't (in my opinion). But she turned out to be a good actress in the role of companion, and remains a favourite among fans.

Catherine Tate, older than Tennant at the time, a bit plumpish and not the conventional 'cute 20 something' is consistently rated the favourite NuWho companion.

I'll give Pearl Mackie the benefit of the doubt till I've seen her in the show.

>We cannot find the page you were looking for

Redbeard

youtube.com/channel/UC8YOWzjdj98EePC0KsiA0fw

It's because I accidentally added a comma at the end of the link.
Just remove it and it loads.

>Nah.
Do you shut down like this whenever your preconceptions are challenged?

Oh my fucking God. I'm in fucking tears. His videos were so good. Fuck. This is horrible.

That's very sad. He always seemed like a nice guy in his videos.

You literally went into a diatribe defending how something is not tumblr.
Feverishly defending tumblr is the most tumblr thing there is.

I think he was completely right on the money and you definitely need to go back.

>preconceptions are challenged
Jesus Christ. Or just kill yourself. Make the world a better place.

I feel so bad for his family.

My uncle suicided some yrs ago. I wasn't particularly close to him, but my mum, grandparents, his wife and my cousins were heartbroken. Why??

No one will ever know, I think and that's the worst part for their family. It's just really really sad. I think he already had a breakdown a few months ago and stopped posting videos. He came back a few months later and seemed fine. God this is just horrible. Rest in peace, Redbeard.

twitter.com/GirlyLetters/status/781772741636657152

So it seems like Chatwin features heavily in the episode and isn't just a throwaway character like Santa or Hydroflax last year. He's been filming all month.

He is a Deadpool pastiche seeking courage.

And Missy is the Wicked Witch of the West.

No that part is bollocks, cats.

Michelle Gomez is in New York.

But FANNY said he'd be the villain.

So is your life but no one ever mentioned it.

But FANNY is cats.

>Moffat creates a new superhuman played by another Canadian actor for a Xmas special.

Fuck you Barrowman.

What if Moffat originally planned Jack back but after Barrowman's comments he scraped the idea and rewrote Jack into an entirely new character?

Barrowman is not Canadian and filming was under way when he made the complaint.

Bored, John?

Good answers

Good episodes that work because of a baseline knowledge known from before. Someone wouldnt know enough about the show from that episode to make a full series similar to DW

Zygon Inversion

>the bad guy wins and will be infecting the whole galaxy and the Doctor doesnt know
>sets up a sequel
>sets up stuff with Clara being affected by it, only for her to die by unrelated means next episode

Beneath the Zygon Inversion's Familiar

No. Imagine it the other way. A femdom with a submissivre male/ female/ gf or bf. Purely only in the bedroom, safe and consensual.

I suspect many here on /who/ would be curious.

But Belle is imaginary?

The fact that Belle is his live-in aspergers carer is another important detail people like to forget.

But he said Belle was imaginary ages ago.

gr8 b8

He's never said that.

Even the BBC does that.
Here's a promo from Caretaker

I'd say this doesnt need fixing

but this also works

Classic Who was one half hour episode a week. They were never meant to be watched all at once, so trying to watch all 6 parts of a story in one sitting is a bad idea. Simply stop when you get overwhelmed and get back to it

Yes he said it was an imaginary construct created during a breakdown.

No, he never has, and if he did, find proof in the archive, and link it.

I don't appreciate using someone's real life mental illness to perpetuate shitposting.

>using the old sonic instead of the new one
wow what a lazy shop

You are an imaginary construct created during a breakdown.

He should not share secrets and drama and naked pictures of himself.

Yes and you should fuck right off.

You meming m8? The Caretaker was from before he got the new sonic as I'm sure you're aware

more CARE should be TAKERN

Was he erased by Moffat?

twitter.com/mr_clark/status/781771753060171776

It does seem strange that, even tho Capt Jack was Moff's original character creation, he's not reappeared during Moff's era.

He was due to appear in A Good Man, but Barrowman was busy filming Torchwood. I get the impression Moffat has since decided not to really bother with older characters, and to instead focus on his own.

(Also, RTD created Jack. Moffat was just the first writer to write for the character)

>Moff's original character creation
No. RTD's idea. Moffat happened to write his first story.

Proof: No Torchwood episode says "Jack Harkness created by Steven Moffat" in the credits.

rtd's original notes for Jack had pretty much nothing to do with the actual character we got in the end. It was Moffat who made him the former Time-Agent/con-man/goat-fucker.

Soz, but RTD created Jack whether you like it or not.

>Torchwood BF reveals Jack's real name

So what's his real name?

BF haven't revealed it

I never said he didn't, I just wanted to provide some further context and take a guess as to why Moffat might have an affinity to that specific character.

Fair enough.

I mean, Moffat was also the guy to suggest not killing Jenny off in The Doctor's Daughter, but he hasn't brought her back either. Being involved with an old character doesn't necessarily mean he'll want to use them in his present/future works :)

>6 years into Moffat's run
>We still haven't had a pre-2010 companion return

the face of boe they called him

Good. We should look to the future. The show needs to stop wallowing in the past.

However, post-2010 we have had:

> Photos of all the Doctors
> TARDIS holograms of Rose, Martha, Donna
> Billie as Bad Wolf
> Tenth Doctor
> Eighth Doctor
> (Cyber)Brig
> Ood
> Judoon
> amongst other RTD-era things

>The show needs to stop wallowing in the past.
Too bad last two seasons were about wallowing in the past.

It's been doing it since 2013, which is a shame. 2013 was fine because of the 50th, but then it's just not really stopped. Pre-2012, references to older Who still felt rare and special. Now? It's just commonplace, and even off putting to newbies.

I hate how Clara's seasons were all about shocking revelations about past Moffat just pulled out of his ass and now trying to carry it through. Especially, the last season with all this "I left Gallifrey because hybrid and also taught Davros to make Daleks" nonsense trying to substitute actual plotting.

No. Doing a new story with a pre-existing character or setting isn't wallowing by default. Wallowing in the past is Attack of the Cybermen, or The End of Time's farewell sequence.

What are you on about?

Moffat trying to insert his fanfiction into past lore as if it alone is worthwhile.

CIty of Death

I still can't believe he didn't strangle Peri once

new thread

>last two seasons were about wallowing in the past.
To be fair Series 9 is technically the tenth anniversary season

that's a shit thread
i'm not posting in it

So lonely being the last of the /who/ lords ;_;