Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lUPudZd3oI4
youtube.com/watch?v=hn_FMsoTkGY
youtube.com/watch?v=wmfFT2iORVg
youtube.com/watch?v=CZFYcJeuakg
youtube.com/watch?v=T6SEidJ44QM
comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2016/2016-07.html
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=156&v=hCl0Qv8DkvQ
blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2016/03/11/inside-chris-terrios-vision-for-batman-superman-and-justice-league/
youtube.com/watch?v=7kscfb9XzPs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

he's always killed people
the difference in bvs is that it's part of his arc and the themes in the movie
when bruce says "how many good guys are left" "how many stayed that way" he's also referring to himself even if he doesn't know it
youtube.com/watch?v=wmfFT2iORVg

Batman's iconic rule is that he doesn't kill people.

Because that movie is dogshit written by a spastic.

that dude shot himself

batman activated batmobile's reflective shields and it bounced back the bullets and the guy shot himself with his own minigun

He didn't kill those guys, the explosion did

>Batman's iconic rule is that he doesn't kill people.
proof pls

We've had this discussion countless times. You just want to shit up the board with capeshit.

A better question is

Why can't Batman kill people? I mean why not? Film is an art and just this particular film is based off of a popular comic book doesn't mean it needs to follow it beat for beat. If you want that go to Marvel.

?and just *because this particular film

>Batman's iconic rule is that he doesn't kill people.
I love how people cling to one line in one movie when move Batman's been offing dudes for decades. Fuck, Baleman even offed people in the first Batman movie by letting Ra's Al Ghul's flunkies die in the burning building in the beginning of the movie and by leaving him to die in the end of the movie.

Because he's not a nu-male. Plus Batman has always killed people but before Batfleck it always has been indirectly. So fuck off.

the least of the movies problems

In all fairness movie batman has been murdering people since '89.

The only thing that really triggers my nerd rage is when they give him anything thats more gunlike than his grappel launcher.

Shit i just watched the JLU finale again last night, and even when he is out of gadgets, surrounded by para demons, and darkseid, when lex offers him a gun he just says "not my style" before launching himself back into battle.

Inb4: but the original detective comics batman uses a gun

He gave the guy like 5 seconds to stop fucking around with that machine gun. He didn't so he justifiably removed the threat as efficiently as possible.

The Batmobile was tanking those hits though, he could have just kept driving and ignored the guy. The whole thing just seems superfluous and bombastic for the sake of itself, and for the sake of pissing off people who read the comics and actually care about Batman's no kill policy. And say what you will about the no kill policy, but in the world that Snyder has set up where Superman causing rampant damage and death caused Batman to come after him for revenge, why is it suddenly ok for Batman to do the same thing? Just because they're bad guys? No, because that's stupid and impractical, these people have families and I'm not saying that to be sentimental, that shit is how supervillains are born. I'll tell you why Batman's done a shit job of stopping crime in Gotham, because every able bodied family member of all the gang people he's killed came after him next, probably a few that weren't able bodied just for good measure.

The better question is why cops and society think that Batman killing people is an unbreakable line that somehow prooves he's a remorseless killer and a danger to everyone when literally every cop tries to take a shot at most villains and Batman on sight.

batman ends up killing people later on retard, do some research

because that makes him just like the bad guys :^)

the only reason why Batman killing people doesn't work is because of the Joker.

the Joker's main strength is that Batman won't kill him, so he can get away with anything, even if he is caught.

>Thinks TDKR Batman is just main Batman but older, and also that TDKR Batman kills
>has no idea what he's talking about
>do some research

Too much bait for me to reply to individually. Each of you gets a (you)

Why doesn't he just paralyze the joker from the neck down, or just lock him up in a private cell somewhere and let him rot forever.

It's amazing how fucking pathetic comic faggots are that they sperg the fuck out whenever something is interpreted differently. Nobody can touch the sacred cow that is their vision of what they believe these characters should be. We've seen batman on screen a million times and a million different iterations, why the fuck are all of them supposed to stick to some mold?

Did people freak out after batman on camera stopped challenging the Joker to surfing competitions? It's a different interpretation of FICTION. get over it

It's not really Batman. It's not really a Batman movie. It's just a ropey sequel to Watchmen.

>Did people freak out after batman on camera stopped challenging the Joker to surfing competitions?
Tbh i miss goofy silver age/adam west batman something fierce.

And that's totally cool. It's the fact that people want shit to remain completely stagnant. Same reason TFA didn't work was because it played it safe and stuck to the formula.

>see this "dream sequence" in film
>injustice essentially confirmed
>HURR DURR WHY DID BATMAN KILL IN THE MOVIE1?
>even though we see batman kill the joker in injustice
get a grip lad

>Movies where Batman doesn't kill are amazing
>Movie where Batman is a machine gun wielding serial killer is the biggest flop of all time

>when bruce says "how many good guys are left" "how many stayed that way"

This is such a bad line

Who is he referring to? Even tangentially?

Because people being killed is what caused Batman to become Batman. Imagine an evil Batman caused by Batman killing some gang member, or wealthy megalomaniacal psycho. What happens in the mob when you kill someone? Their family comes after you, and Gotham is owned by the mob, so killing people is really counterproductive and probably causing even more crime because he's inciting revenge in people who may not have been criminals otherwise. I mean, in the comics it's because he legitimately believes that all criminals, even the Joker, have a chance at being rehabilitated, but in the context of this movie, that doesn't apply because of how many goons and mooks he kills, and you have to think logically instead of sentimentally. Even then, it doesn't make sense why he would keep the Joker alive, unless we're supposed to interpret the Joker as some unstoppable mastermind in this universe that Batman has never managed to catch or put on the ropes. Are we supposed to believe that the Joker is a recurring problem in a world where Batman has licence to go carte blanche with several miniguns in armored vehicles at his disposal?
I think he was referring to Harvey, though the timeline makes it unclear.

>profits
>flops

because then he wouldn't be a character anymore and he's literally the only reason batman is still around

Lazy writing. It's easier to have Batman just blow everyone up than it is to have him neutralize threats in the Batman way.

>Truth is bait.

>If you want that go to Marvel.
fucking marvel barely even follows shit, which is fine anyway, it doesn't fucking matter

Why did Superman murder everyone the movie before it OP? Snyder just writes bad films is why

>20 years in gotham
>we've seen what promises are worth

its' a good line
it's also half referring to harvey from the nolan movies, there's a bunch of shit in bvs that winks and referring to history of character in general and not just in canon universe history

He kills the joker and harvey dent in burton's and nolan's movies respectively
you saying those were shit?

>how many stayed that way is a nod to Nolan's movies
You know Harvey Dent has been the same character in every universe right?

years in gotham
>>we've seen what promises are worth

Promises as empty as Goyer's shitty dialogue

>Earth vs 1 city in the US
>Its better that earth dies
Is this the mentality of your average american?

because he is psycopath

>people cling to one line in one movie
I can see you don't read comics
>Baleman even offed people in the first Batman movie by letting Ra's Al Ghul's flunkies die in the burning building
That was Bruce Wayne, Not Batman
>and by leaving him to die in the end of the movie
People moaned about this too

>That was Bruce Wayne, not Batman.

Autism Speaks

nobody actually died in any of these movies. they all escaped safely with a parachute.

Zack is a hacm

There's a Batman 66 cartoon movie in the pipeline. Get fucking hype.

I'm pretty sure that webm qualifies as evidence of self-defense

literally no evidence that guy died and wasn't just seriously maimed

also, the other scene of him in the desert was just a dream sequence.

he doesn't ever kill ANYONE in this shitfest.

He clearly killed the head honcho that was screaming ILL KEEEEL HERRR

idk but because of this he is my favorite batman

no he shot the gas tank you bellend

>Eric and Dylan didn't kill all those kids, the bullets did
>George didn't kill all those people, the falling buildings did

Guns don't kill people. People kill people. You knob.

why are comic book fans so autismal gjesus REEEEEEEE

>iconic rule
Liberal commie shit. Batman used to neutralize his enemies.
>gunz r bad

Because he's a pussy ;-)

you don't win a war by being little goody two shoes.

the meanest and baddest always win.

I think what it really is, is batman can't use guns
>why can't he use guns, Chris? quicker easier than gadgets and krav maga
>uhhhh uhhhh uuummmmmm he doesn't kill people at all and uses his gadgets and krav maga to be non-lethal (cause his parents died :( )

The reality is batman is for children and thus cant use guns. the idea that he doesn't kill is simply an excuse to justify it

>LOL BATMAN IS FOR LITTLE BABIES!:the post

And here I thought you actually had an argument

Because he wants to make Gotham great again

You realize that was only for like 4 issues, right?

i honestly dont mind him wasting some faggots in battle. it would be different if he subdued his enemies and then went on to execute them while theyre knocked out

Isn't the entire movie a fever dream or something?

Or perhaps he has a pathological hatred of guns because they're tied to the most traumatic event in his life?

why doesnt a judge give the joker the death penalty

This is terribly shot

Because he realized that locking them up is pointless.

no

don't pretend you know what you're talking about

Because he's legally insane.

>but Batman's always killed people
Then how come Joker is in jail?

They didn't die they went to the hospital and made a miraculous recovery.

I'm sure the feds could make his pale ass disappear.

Are you forgetting the warehouse scene where he literally kills everyone in the entire room?

maybe they should adjust their laws

what demographic does the majority of batman media pander too?

children faggot since the beginning of comics

>big fat fucking lens flare across the screen, totally eclipsing bad guy's face
>awful cgi
>more lens flares and big, dumb, in your face explosions
>boring shot composition that doesn't stand out at all even from dumb marvel movies
>"no"

didn't I just tell you to stop pretending?

He just beat the shit out if them like the video games.

>i need to see this guys face for some reason
>wrong opinion
>explosions are dumb, im so above it all
>random blabbering that doesnt make sense
>"terribly shot"

Why do people bitch about this? Literally just think of all the bad guys Batman in previous adaptations(including games) has put to sleep. Just think of the amount of pain he has put them through, how many necks, arms, legs or backs he has damaged. Batman leaves them with concussions and most likely crippled for life.

and why is that? please enlighten us

Not Nolan's Batman. He only ever killed Harvey. There was no evidence that Ra's trainees died, with a high probability they survived because they were ninjas.

The only instance I can think of is nolan's batman begins when he refuses to kill a guy to join ze league of shadowz

>movie that's supposed to be about this character finding the humanity in someone he thought was a monster deliberately hides the humanity of someone acting in a similar fashion
>"i've never seen movies or car accidents before so i think it looks great"
>"explosions are so cool, haha, just turn your brain off"
>can't even comprehend the phrase "shot composition"
>"i don't even have an argument so i'm just going to tell you to shut up"
i don't know why you think making yourself look stupider is helping your argument

>punch people in the head until they lay on the floor
>b-b-b-but don't kill anyone or else you're not a superhero anymore!

This social idea that superheroes are antithetical to killing is actually retarded if you think about it for more than 2 seconds. Every combat situation is a millimeter away from being deadly.

That's why cops kill so many dindus by accident and shit. Because if someone pushes you and you fall you can hit your head on the back of a curb and die instantly.

You can't regulate when a violent situation turns into a deadly one.

jesus christ this looks horrible, thank god i never watched his shit

This is partly why Daredevil was so unbearable in his second season. There's no way a single viewer didn't want Frank to just break all of Pigman's teeth for being a preachy autist.

>movie is "supposed" to be about this and that, im literally above zack snyder
>there are probably hundreds of thousands of car accidents in movies so the probability of this one looking good is pretty low yet im going to act like its the directors fault and not cosmic happenstance
>"explosions are absolutely always unnecessary, no matter what"
>"if i use big words it doesnt matter if i misuse them because ill just claim the other party is too dumb to understand what i meant"
>"im going to start the argument with no arguments, then complain about the other party not making any arguments, then quote their response, then complain about them doing the same"
desu if you didnt like this movie its your own fault because maybe you shouldnt have watched any other movies beforehand so as to not spoil the experience

God that scene of him tied to a statue was cringy. Especially when he screamed his accent became very noticeable.

The video games which are heavily inspired by the Knightfall arc has a Batman who doesn't kill.
Even the very first game in the beginning when Joker is on the loose, he gives Batman a chance to kill him knowing Batman won't do it.
On many occasions the super villains reference how Batman won't kill them, and usually brings them into the police.
Arkham Knight has the scene with Azrael telling Batman that if Batman doesn't kill then Azrael won't kill either.
Also in Arkham Knight, Red Hood's story has Red Hood holding Black Mask near a window.
Black Mask says, "You won't kill me," but Red Hood retorts by saying, "You forget I'm not the Bat" and throws Black Mask out the window.

>>im literally above zack snyder
Who isn't?

Storywise, it's because he is desillusioned about what he really accomplished. He feels useless and that nothing matters anymore.

The real reason; it was a stupid decision made because it's much easier to have a "cool" action scene (if you go by Snyder's standards) if you don't have to care about irrelevant characters. It was laziness.

I don't like it, but I thought everything else about Batfleck was good, so I can let it slide, especially considering Bruce's state of mind at the moment. That said, if he kills again in the future, then that's just retarded. RETARDED.

you are mom lol

>movie is "supposed" to be about this and that, im literally above zack snyder
that's literally the plot of the movie. that is the character's entire fucking arc. you don't have to dig deep to find that shit, and for fuck's sake use an apostrophe.
>COMPOSITION IS A BIG WORD
go back to fucking middle school already, holy shit

Because this batman stopped giving a shit after 20 years of batmanning and Gotham staying the same. He has few screws missing, that's for sure. Considering the whole 1%=100% thing.

>the whole place blows up
>no one outside
>the ra's decoy got got
>oh no yeah they ALL survived

why the fuck are people so anal about this

he doesn't?
he straight just efficiently takes them all out, anyone who dies dies by their own hand

He's making the justice system more expedient. He's tough on crime and is saving the taxpayers of Gotham money. I don't see a problem if you aren't a nu-male

>that's literally the plot of the movie
says who? apparently its about lens flares and explosions though
composition is a bigger word than, for example, "the" so yes its a big word.

also for fucks sake use some upper case letters

'
just for (you)

>does not use guns
>uses explosives instead

i think he does not use guns not because ethics but because explosives are bigger better more carnage

Agreed, it was terrible. They were trying to be really iconic with that scene, but it just doesn't work in the world they created.

>says who?
Let's analyze this on a very, very, very, very shallow, stupid, simple minded level. I'm going to use a lot of small words so that you can follow along. So, when Batman is fighting Superman, Superman says that Batman is letting Martha, Superman's mom, die. Martha is also the name of Batman's mom. Batman sees that Superman has a mom and he's not just a big, scary alien who wants to destroy the world, he's a normal guy who loves his mom and apple pie and America. It's not a good, scene, in fact it's really dumb because of how on the nose and heavy handed it is. What I'm saying is that you are too stupid to figure out what a character is thinking when the director is spelling it out for you in big flashy letters and you probably have brain problems.

pretty much this. Amazing how this is overlooked.

Batman is worn out, tired and grown cynical, he no longer sees the value in saving every criminal.

HOW THE FUCKING FUCK CAN A FUCKING SCREAM HAVE A FUCKING ACCENT?

>The reality is batman is for children and thus cant use guns.

What kind of retarded pseudo-reality are you living in?

>posting early Batman

Yeah he used guns and killed people back then before they established his character.

youtube.com/watch?v=CZFYcJeuakg

But it's still impractical and counter-productive to kill people when all that does it create more criminals, just as Batman's parents being murdered created Batman.

>before they established his character

Are you a retard, or do you not listen to what you're saying? They ESTABLISHED his character when they published him, you dipshit.

They had to re-write him to appeal to the CCA, 16 years later.

>They ESTABLISHED his character when they published him
The issue was a rip off of The Shadow anyway, so nobody really takes Golden Age Batman into account. Google searches go up whenever stupid people have this "DOES HE KILL OR NOT??" back and forth.

That where his mental instability plays in. He's not really right in the head anymore. At this point, he's not trying to be a hero, he's just acting out of emotion, barely tempered by his training.

That still seems really inconsistent with the ways the villains are handled then, because now nothing is stopping a fully decked out Batman from just slaughtering the Joker, especially now that he has the motivation that wasn't explained in BvS or SS and had to be explained outside of the film universe that the Joker killed Robin. I mean, I can see that causing mental instability in Batman, but not in the same universe where he lets the Joker live. No recurring villain has an excuse for being alive with this Batman.

THEY'RE NOT SCREAMING THEY'RE SAYING BANZAI YOU BLITHERING IDIOT

but your yt link led me to this awesome funny vid:

youtube.com/watch?v=T6SEidJ44QM

Maybe he did kill a couple of them and then the rest got better at avoiding him in response.

Better at avoiding Bat "Preptime" "Almost killed fucking SUPERMAN" Man? If we're supposed to infer from this that the fucking Joker is stronger than SUPERMAN, that is insane. For fuck's sake, they live in the same city, how good at avoiding can you be?

>The issue was a rip off of The Shadow anyway, so nobody really takes Golden Age Batman into account.

Mmm, so are we discounting EVERY hero that was inspired by another character, or just during the golden age?

And if so, can we also "retcon" the fact that the Joker was the first villain batman went up against, since he appeared in it, or do we only cherry pick the ideals that you like because it aligns with "MUH BATMAN"?

>Google searches go up whenever stupid people have this "DOES HE KILL OR NOT??" back and forth.

Yes, it is stupid, because he does, and he has, including decades later.

Just because you watched Batman The Animated series doesn't mean that's what defined him.

>Killed in 1989
>Killed in returns
>killed in forever
>killed in bb
>killed in tdk
>killed in tdkr
>killed in bvs
>Batman's iconic rule is that he doesn't kill people

Maybe for people who read comic books, do people read comic books? Check Batman's sales this month...50k, mhhh...nope seems that people actually dont read comic books.

So yeah, Batman kills for 7 billions (humanity) - 50k people (comic books readers).

I read comic books :(

Batman killed Dick Grayson in Frank Millersverse, the alternative universe which inspired BvS

The rule was made because marvel niggers wanted it
Batman killed people before in the comics too

>Maybe for people who read comic books, do people read comic books?

>Check Batman's sales this month...50k

You're an idiot in both the fact that those are DAILY sales, and that he's killed in the comics long before the directors were even born.

cream (skrēm)
v. screamed, scream·ing, screams
v.intr.
1. To utter a long loud piercing cry, as from pain or fear.
2. To make a loud piercing sound: Jet planes screamed through the air.
3. To speak or write in an excited or fearful manner.
4. To have or produce a startling effect: The outlandish costume screamed with clashing colors.
v.tr.
To utter or say in a screaming voice or in an excited or fearful manner: The fans screamed their displeasure.
n.
1. A long, loud, piercing cry or sound.
2. Informal One that is hilariously or ridiculously funny: The new play was a scream.

Are we talking about the same Batman in which the Joker makes him kill him, and then proclaims that he finally made him do it, Batman is "finally" a killer, and the world governments will kill him for it?

The same story in which this happened at the very end of his arc when he was pushed beyond all reasonable limits in a slightly more civilized and urban version of a Mad Max setting?

there's a huge fucking difference between
"i'm going to play it fast and loose and be really reckless fighting crime"
and
"i'm going to hunt people down to kill them"

the very fucking line that the movie showed him about to cross

IF batman had indeed killed superman, that would have been it, that would have been the point where batman is completely gone

50k x 30 days. still not 7 billion people

Also, its monthly sales, fucking faggot.

>those 50,000 people reading comics don't count

lol

Yes, but to be fair Im not sure he killed the Joker, I think the Joker could have survived if he didnt turn his neck on purpose.

BUt he definitely killed DIck Grayson when he was turning into Super Joker.

What I'm saying is that Batman and the Joker run into eachother constantly. Joker shows up anywhere and starts wrecking the place up, Batman's going to be there to stop him like every other time. So when he goes to stop the Joker, what is stopping him from killing him like every other street level scumbag he's thoughtlessly blasted away? Like Joker is smart, but he's not smarter than bullets and artillery.

Not against the movie tickets.

user said Batman Iconic rule was no killing. But frankly thats a rule that is only inside the brains of a minimal amount of people

Batman's no killing rule is rather obscure/anecdotic than "iconic" since most of Batman's fans (the one who watch movies only) dont know about it.

That's where the mediocre writing comes in.

> its monthly sales, fucking faggot.

Thank you for proving my point you dumb-faggot retard. So what does that mean?

It varies from month to month, you inbred black, but it also matters how many different issues people are buying.

177k sales last July, JUST for Batman Issue 2.

comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2016/2016-07.html

Joker defeated the Justice League some months ago in Endgame. Well, everyone but batman who ended saving the rest.

Reminder that anyone complaining about Batman killing is a retard marvel cuck
Batman has ALWAYS killed, in the comics, in the movies and even in the shows

True enough.
As I remember, he halfway snapped the Joker's neck, which left him able to speak, but the moment he'd move, he'd be dead. So he gave his little monologue, and then turned his head to kill himself.

That being said, my point is that Batman killing was the endgame. It was the last bit with the Joker, something the whole story built towards.
Batman very much did not casually kill even in that scenario, and even snapped a gun halfway through before the new Robin saying "This is the enemy's weapon. We don't need it. We won't use it."
He does use a gun one time, but it's debatable whether he actually shot someone, or just gave them a warning shot, and - since this is before the confrontation with Joker - I lean towards him giving the guy a warning shot to scare him, else Joker's monologue wouldn't work as well narratively.

To be honest all the people who play the video games as well enforce Batman's no kill rule as well.

Oh well, that makes a difference.

Here, 175k guys think the rule is iconic against millions and millions movie watchers that never heard of it!

Batman is responsible for supervillains and their henchmen. If it wasn't for him they wouldn't exist.

because he is the anti-superman

in the warehouse scene, batman doesn't directly kill anyone. he doesn't shoot them in the chest, slit their throats, or shove grenades up their bums. however, batman DOES force someone to drop a grenade and shoots the rigging on a flamethrower such that it explodes.

he sort of walks the fine line of indirectly killing people.

but all that means fuck all when he's in the batmobile

Yeah Im pretty sure all those time I crushed people and cars with the Batmobile I was using rubber bullets.

i read comic books too but i think that's completely asinine for the character

there's a moment in earth one where bruce is fighting people on a rooftop and one guy is about to fall, he leaps and i think barely saves himself and the guy he inadvertently almost killed

alfred called him out on the practicality of what he's doing, but furthermore i my problem is that i think it was being presented as a serious moral message

it's absurd for a guy who wants "Justice" to be so obsessed with death yet care so much about whether or not people die at all, the fact that he puts it on himself to make sure people live in a fucking world of absolute violence is absurd, and as far as i can tell no comics touch on that absurdity both in storytelling and in audience expectation

as far as bvs, it doesn't even matter whether he kills or not, it absolutely doesn't matter. the whole point of the character in the movie is that he's a person who's lost hope after all the years they've spent empowered by their personal "beautiful lie" it's completely irrational to complain about the fact that he kills when the plot is calling him out on the fact that he's as brutal as he is

which even personally i don't have a problem with
that guy is a sex trafficker? fuck him
those guys are hired mercenaries who kill people for money, and use bad situations to make worse situations? absolutely not (btw i really fucking wonder what was being referenced through the mercenaries and the nairomi...)

harvey and jason todd you fucking moron

>Joker defeated the Justice League
I don't care what context you put that in, that sounds fucking stupid. You have people in the Justice League who are fucking invincible, you mean to tell me that the Joker, of all villains, stopped Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, all of these fucking superpeople?

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=156&v=hCl0Qv8DkvQ

Remember when Batman killed Darkseid?

why don't know how active of a figure the joker has been in regards to the timeline of the movies so far

and again, this simple "oh, he kills so why hasn't he killed in this other situation" is completely oversimplified

the only time he's been shown to plan a killing is in regards to superman, you can't just take that, and how he got there, and then just say everything is the same regardless of context

as his logic per bvs said: "this is about the future of the world" i really fucking doubt batman feels the same way about the joker, in fact, he doesn't, he very clearly sees a difference between gotham and the rest of the world, it was just that superman was enough of a threat to him to warrant that response

>oh, well that makes a big difference

Yea, it does, when you factor in that on that list is also

Batman 2, 3, 1
Detective Comics 936, 937, 934

Which comes out to 385,004 individual sales, and I'm being modest by leaving out the related materials such as Batgirl, Justice League, and Nightwing.

What's with you fucks and your headcannon?
They get shocked and go unconscious when they touch your Batmobile as well as the bullets you shoot them with ARE rubber bullets.
The Arkham series Batman doesn't die.
Yeah he's the reason a few characters do die, but he personally doesn't outright take their life.

Yes I played all the games and 100% every single one of them.
I know he's the reason some get killed, but he doesn't first hand kill them.

He was black

We don't know what the Joker did to the Justice League apart from infect them with Joker venom because that all happened off panel and was never explained. Saying defeated implies there was some sort of fight. Endgame was so poorly structured that most of Cred Forums was convinced the story was some sort of dream or hallucination.

Because MOM WOULD FREAK

Are you a stupid or do you not realize that he's supporting your argument by stating that Batman's killed in the comics?

>guys think the rule is iconic against millions and millions movie watchers that never heard of it!

Also; those "millions of viewers" are absolutely meaningless since the comics is where he matters, and the comics are where he currently is.

No. If you mean Final Crisis you're wrong

Classic Batman writer Neal Adams had no issue making Batman kill in one of his comic books. Sure it was not in continuity but if fucking Neal Adams can make a Batman story where he kills and no one gives a fuck, then why so much problem

It's not even 50k. He pulled that number completely out of his ass. Batman sells roughly 150k every fortnight

tell that to Joker's snapped neck

there's "millions and millions" of comics readers too...whats your point?

But again, the Joker is, I can assume, what caused this mental instability in the first place. Batman had a pretty decent personal beef with Superman, well he has a huge fucking history with the Joker here, the Joker killed Robin in this universe. If Batman is willing to kill Superman, not to mention every single person who gets in his way of doing so, what is he willing to do to the Joker, who hit him on an even more personal level? Like, sure Superman is a more cosmic threat, but Batman is a personal guy, his entire character is based around revenge. Batman doesn't really seem like a "fate of the world" kind of guy, if he was I don't think he'd isolate himself in Gotham. Also, the Joker is still clearly a huge problem in Gotham, Batman has the resources and the willpower to kill him, and he has nothing holding him back from doing so. so why doesn't he?

Do you realize if you crush a car with a racing tank at 300mph you would kill literally everyone inside right?

Also, good luck with rubber missiles.

>millions and millions

Who are you quoting?

>Batman odyssey

You can't use Neil Adams, user. the guys actually insane

>tfw you taunt batman to kill you
>he absolutely does it the madman

Dude it's a fucking video game.
They don't fucking die.
Jump out your fucking Batmobile, it'll say they're Unconscious and not Deceased.

The cartoons all had Batman with a no kill rule as well. As did the Nolan films. We could argue that he killed Ra's by not saving him though

Because it's 2016. That's the only answer.

Stop this nonsense Batman. You have a no kill rule. You cant just kill the Joker. There must be other ways to puni...reform him. Yes, Im pretty sure we can find other ways to reform him.

Let me calculate some data in the GCPD computer.

Umm, facts?

If there's hundreds upon hundreds of comic book sales per MONTH, and millions of sales annually, then you could argue that there's at least 1 million or more fervent comic book readers...Right?

Here's a list of sales from August.

>hundreds upon hundreds of thousands of comic book sales

This is it. How we could have been so blind.

Batman. You must rape the Joker.

>DUDE THE BATMOBILE IS A TANK LMAO

When will this shitty meme end

I don't think either side should reduce themselves to using the Arkham Batmobile as an argument point.

It's quite literally the single most retarded part of any Batman related game ever conceived.

>Main villain knows everything about Batman
>Main villain prepares for everything Batman can throw at him
>Main villain secures a large number of tanks, which cannot be disabled, and can only be destroyed by brute force
>Main villain doesn't have the common fucking sense to put a person inside of every single one of them, even a hobo or something, so that Batman (who according to in-game dialogue anyway) can't attack them, unless there is no one inside, because he doesn't kill

Having the Batman kill is justifiable from the source material, especially if his character is put through the double whammy of whatever led to his initial retirement, the destruction of Wayne Manor, and the appearance of a god-like alien that makes his entire career look like an exercise in futility.

Furthermore, there's good reason to believe that they used his character arc to convey a subtle message about post-911 America and the nature of heroism. There's plenty of evidence there to support that view.

Is there a literary term or recognized technique where you take a very well-known character and skew them away from expected norms for that character just enough to convey a message via the readers' reactions?

And the League of Shadow people, and Harvey, and the police officers who he crushed with his tank, and Talia, and and and

>All that DC

I thought Marvel was more popular ? There's like 10 books in a list of 50

>58 million comics have been sold currently this year

Yeah that whole thing was retardation just to justify an equally shitty game mechanic.

>And the League of Shadow people

I don't remember him killing any of them

>grown man dresses as a bat
>rational

again, this doesn't apply to the movie
even alfred explicitly said the combination of factors that played into batman's perspective in the movie
"the fever, the rage, the feeling of powerlessness that turns good men cruel"

batman isn't just killing superman on a whim, superman and black zero happened to a batman that has experienced a string of failures that he then is able to pin on superman.
you're missing the subtext that well a lot of times was shown literally in a bunch of scenes

he doesn't want to kill superman simply because he doesn't like him, it's the combination of life experiences all being punctuated by superman deep into what he feels is a failed career

No, Marvel fans are mostly the normie movie goers and the DC fans are usually the losers reading their comics or playing the video games.

t. Loser who reads DC comics and plays the video games (I liked BvS and SS)

That was last year.

>Marvel-fags are so ass-pained that they will insult the very source material that all their trite shit comes from

Loving
Every
Laugh

>grown man posts laughing anime girl image
>able to tell what is and isn't rational

Stupider isnt a word, friendo

ok but im not a man

He burns a monastery with hundred of men on it.

not sure but that sort of move is in the post-modern deconstructionist type of thing
>life of brian
play on jesus,religion, a movie i actually think has a lot in common with bvs even in the humor
>fucking had more but i drew a fucking blank

generally though; yes, characters are used in a way that comments on their personal historical past, past historical context, changing perspectives, etc etc

more specifically as in the purposeful use of difference, yes as well

FEET
E
E
T

>this level of damage control

Are you retarded?

I'm a DC fan.
I actually read comics, discuss the comics online, watch the comic movies, discuss the movies online, play the comic video games, and discuss the comic video games online.
I love most of the media that DC comics cover.

Marvel has the Punisher, which is the only character I like (loved his game on the Xbox and the Tom Jane movie).
Eagerly awaiting his Netflix series.
Marvel's movies however got stale by the time the first Avengers came out and quit after Iron Man 3.

I rather watch the DC movies and read the DC comics.
I liked Batman v Superman but I fucking loved Suicide Squad.

DC Fans tend to be bro's, mostly because they're rational, intelligent, adults.

You sound like the typical marvel-fag pseudo-intellectual that gets offended by violence because it isn't "fun" (IE, dipped into the My Little Pony bin and made to appeal to 4 year olds)

>Also, the Joker is still clearly a huge problem in Gotham, Batman has the resources and the willpower to kill him, and he has nothing holding him back from doing so. so why doesn't he?

Maybe he already did. *Something* made him retire.

What's hard to understand?
I'm not a Marvelfag, I'm a DC fan.
Yet you keep calling me a Marvelfag when I said the only character I like from Marvel is The Punisher.
I'm not even a fan of Daredevil but his Netflix show, which is very violent, is a pretty damn good show.
I don't get what you're judging your opinion on.

This is actually what Zack Snyder thinks.

also, in a world where the Flash exists, all known criminals should be rounded up in about a day and imprisoned. easily done with Flash's power set. ESPECIALLY easy with batman villains who for the most part have 0 super powers.

this is why capeshit is ultimately retarded.

The reason that I ask is because I believe they experimented with this concept with Pa Kent, and went full ham with it with both Batman and Superman in BvS.

>Mmm, so are we discounting EVERY hero that was inspired by another character, or just during the golden age?
I'm not sure why you're arguing about which comic established what. That interpretation of Batman has been long gone forgotten and only brought up as a reference or a flashback (Batman: The Brave and the Bold) or integrated in some meta way into Batman's confusing in-history. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY writes Golden Age Batman. He's a product of the ripping off everyone era, which ultimately led to more interesting things and concepts based on the most superficial aspects of that era.

>Just because you watched Batman The Animated
I bet you call comic books "geeky" when you're the with the rest of your normie friends.

the fact that captain america is magically invulnerable to bullets is really annoying.

the premise of a supersoldier makes perfect sense, and a company of them would be worth 10 times their number in the field.

but going up against mutants and gods and aliens with some gymnastics and punching power? what the fuuuuuuuck.

i dont' mind when obviously overpowered characters like the hulk do stupid shit because it's reasonable GIVEN THE POWERS of the character.

>I'm not sure why you're arguing about which comic established what. That interpretation of Batman has been long gone forgotten and only brought up as a reference or a flashback (Batman: The Brave and the Bold) or integrated in some meta way into Batman's confusing in-history. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY writes Golden Age Batman. He's a product of the ripping off everyone era, which ultimately led to more interesting things and concepts based on the most superficial aspects of that era.

You mean the interpretation that has been adapted to film more times than "you're" version, and is also the basis of The Dark Knight Returns, the most esteemed Batman story ever written?

Lol, alrighty then.

>I bet you call comic books "geeky" when you're the with the rest of your normie friends

And I bet you're a manchild whose unable to emotionally and intellectually mature.

jonathan is jonathan, the only difference being the "maybe" which people completely misinterpret and overblow while not even being the point of the scene

There was no arc for this, don't say it was because Robin died or because of the black zero, the Robin suit is holding a frickin halbert. Batman was killing dudes since way back and the best part, Hack Snyder doesn't even considered Batman is actually killing people.

A large portion of modern comic book fans ARE fucking dweebs and geeks.

Back in World War 2, Korea, and even Vietnam, they used to ship comic books to soldiers as part of their rations. They used to be a medium that was more than just "LOL, MY FUNNY HAPPY CHARACTERS SAID SOME YOKES, HAHAHAHAHA!"

Are you implying that you have to be a total fucking nerdy ass loser to read a comic?

really wish they had gone with the ultimate "4 sleep per week fast learner supermetabolism super strategist limber superhuman"

Not direct killing, he had no way of knowing they would die, the whole scene started because he wouldn't kill a dude.

If Robin was Jason Todd which was the most ruthless Robin, I wouldn't be surprised he used an actual bladed weapon.
Doesn't mean Batman himself was a killer.
In the BvS he's using his fists and gadgets (besides Superman which was the whole premise of the movie to kill him).
Even then he continued on to use his fists and gadgets.

I've never seen this level of mental gymnastics.

Virtually EVERYONE writes Golden Age Batman. The only thing that's changed is instead of killing someone every other issue, he kills someone every other season, but then feels really bad about it.

That's about it. He fucking shot Darkseid with a fucking GUN.

Why did Batman wait until the boat docked so they could have a better chance of escaping or even putting other people in danger? Just sneak onto the boat while it's in the ocean and steal the kryptonite.

>Just sneak onto the boat while it's in the ocean and steal the kryptonite.
JUST DO IT!

So Batman is just ok with his underling killing people? He also uses an lmg and the guns on his vehicles. Also why didn't he just uses kryptonite bullets on Supes?

I agree, but look at the emotional responses his individual scenes evoke.

You're absolutely correct in that people misinterpret and fixate on Jonathan's "maybe" scene and his death scene, but when you examine Clark's flashbacks to his childhhod as a continuum, you get this amazing progression that's perfectly in line with how a child's perceptions of their parents shift as they grow to maturity. That's accomplished specifically by having Jonathan say and do things that seem out of character for him, at least when they're only given superficial consideration.

Personally, I believe that it's no coincidence that the two most talked-about Jonathan scenes are the ones evocative of the inner psychological landscape of early and late adolescence. The people who discuss those as if they're isolated and not connected to Jonathan's later scenes are most likely stuck in, or currently experiencing, that phase of psychological development.

I don't think he had enough Kryptonite to make bullets, but that's the question I thought when he made grenades.

Now about the Underlings, he was deadset on killing Superman.
He needed that Krypotonite and those fucks were just in his way.
He was fucking angry.
Batman knew the world was gonna be killed because he thought Superman was gonna rule the world.
Fucking furious, he decided to kill those thugs in his way to get the one thing he would need to kill a GOD.

>the fact that captain america is magically invulnerable to bullets is really annoying.

He got gut shot by the Chitauri in the Avengers and was barely hurt even though we know a regular bullet can kill him. I seriously can't think of a more incompetent and ineffective invasion force than what we saw in Avengers

He could just have made a single bullet and placed it into one of the machine guns at the start of the fight. Superman didn't try to dodge them at all.
Also I said "So Batman is just ok with his underling killing people?" I was reffering to Robin. Also you're reasoning for him killing the underlings is stupid, I'm not going to write a page about it because nothing will change how you guys feel.

I don't think Kryptonite lends itself to that level of tooling. It appears to be ridiculously hard, as it took a fuckhuge laser just to machine it into a spearhead. As for the Kryptonite gas, I personally believe that was collected residue from what he did to create the spear. It's either that or something he figured out how to synthesize. It's also shown to be less effective than the spear, so it's definitely some sort of gaseous Kryptonite compound rather than pure Kryptonite.

which also makes black widow's presence ridiculous. i mean i get she's there for SEXY GIRL POWER but really the avengers should be broken up into 'combat' and 'support' teams. if you are vulnerable to the most ubiquitous weapon on planet earth you do not get to be on the combat team.

You know this will be the same with the parademons and every critic will tear it apart because drone enemy's have been over done at this point.

Then just carry the spearhead as a knife and shank him multiple times, make shrapnel grenades instead of gas, or kryptonite brass knuckles. There's literally a hundred ways he could've used it to end the fight immediately.

not only does that make sense onto itself, but it plays again into the larger theme of clark finding his life purpose, and superman being born
idk if i'm personally ready to pin that sort of thing on the audience, but i do certainly think the way he gets judged is not in anyway morally sound, or even valid as criticism of the movie "character did something i didn't want character to do = movie bad"

as with bvs, there's an aspect of the movie that has a specific theme being conveyed while fitting into larger ideas
at the end of man of steel martha straight up tells clark that it was never about the world being ready, but him

Well, sorry, shit.
I'm just trying to have discussion.
I can't tell what Batman thought of Robin due to him already being dead.
My reasons for him killing underlings, how isn't what I posted rational?
He thought the entire world was gonna be destroyed by Superman.
He needed that Kryptonite.

Then why did he always tell him that? Clark goes on thinking it's the world not him. He should've just thought him to help people.

LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

If he needed it why didn't he just do this?

>so why fucking wait?

He was telling him to wait until he would be needed and until when he was ready to accept the responsibility. He wanted Clark to live a normal life.

I'm not memeing.
I think he was furious and heated, leading to bad judgment.
He thought the world was gonna end soon and he needed to hurry.
He rushed.
Batman rushed and had anger which led to this whole scene, depicting to Batman's whole motive.

Again, the only shard we saw that was even close to the right size for shrapnel was Lex's "scalpel."

Making the spearhead is presented as being a major undertaking. I have zero problem believing that the spear was the best he could do with what he had at his disposal.

So he wasn't needed during the hundreds of natural catastrophes that would've occured since he was 18? He couldn't help? Clark never says "I'm not ready to help the world" he doesn't come forward because he believed that his father thought the world wasn't ready.

He *was* telling Clark that. Clark was just too young to understand it.

"You need to decide what sort of man you're going to be, because good character or bad character, that man's going to change the world."

he had barely found out about the ship
first he has the nightmare, then he tells alfred what he's planning, then he waits for the ship so he can take the kryptonite

and the dream is very clearly shown as something that sets him off, and even then we're giving a comparison between him and clark as immediately after his dream there's a cut to clark at the planet getting pictures of the deceased trafficker.

so both are basically seeing their vision of the worst of the other, and even then there's differences in how they get their perspective on the other person

Which, in turn, means that Clark himself wasn't ready.

>old experienced Batman
>let's his emotions get the better of him
>doesn't do any actual detective work like investigating that Zod started the fight or Superman's actually good.
>doesn't try to reason with him
>doesn't realise him and Supes are being manipulated
>believes just because there's a chance he could end the world he deserves to die, all countries with nuclear capabilities have a chance to destroy the world yet Bats does nothing.

burton had zero respect for the source material

So why not just carry it as a knife and stap him right away?

"why does a character think a certain thing only to eventually get to a point where they gain more perspective"

literally one of the dumbest lines of the movie and that's an achievement.

Because if he'd had any chance of escaping the thing making him feel sick, he would have taken it.

Because Zack took a look at the characters and said "What parts of these characters are retarded and don't make any sense" and when he saw those parts he threw them away

>complain about a movie while completely ignoring all characterization
>batman didn't care about superman, who he completely dehumanized
>YOU ARE BLIND
>YOU LET YOUR FAMILY DIE
>I AM YOUR GHOST
>pill popping drinking end of his rope batman

fucking lol
>a country having a nuke is the same as a sentient person who could do way more damage in less time and could not be stopped

>too young
Tell him when he's 18, and why is it so complicated? Just say," hey, people will be afraid of you in the beggining, but you have the power to help everyone and you need to choose if that's what you want". Clark clearly wants to help people but is just afraid of being spotted because of what he was taught.

This idea was handled poorly, everyone thought it was stupid, they're right. Get over it.

Batman isn't just saving Gotham.
He's planning on saving the entire world.
That's the entire thing.
He's the one human who's gonna take on this so called God.
Experience or not, he's taking on something that's gonna affect the entire existence of mankind.
So he jumps in making bad calls to beat Superman (a metahuman who can kill you before you even blink).
Yeah it would have been more professional to sneak around, but at this point Batman was driven with worry and anger.

What do mean he wasn't ready? He wants to help people, the only thing holding him back is his father telling him the world isn't ready, which I don't care if that's not what he meant, it's what he said and it's what Clark heard.

You realize that's the very conversation they were having when Jonathan died, right?

>doesn't do any actual detective work

He did all the tracking down of the Russian in order to investigate the White Portuguese. I'd say he did more actual detective work in BvS than he did in all of Nolan's films combined. Besides, he doesn't really care whether Superman is good or not, that's sort of the point.

Have it in a lead sheath pull it out at the last second, supes has no time to react, dead.

End of story.

well you have to consider that batman didn't just want to take down superman in a completely logical way, here's a guy who is completely more powerful than him

so what does batman do? fight him face to face
>you're not brave
>men are brave
and there's the whole hunter subtext that plays out literally during their fight

batman is pinning EVERYTHING on superman,

>why does Batman kill people?

Because he's lived long enough to see himself become the villain

He is what he fears Superman will become

Pottery

This is the reason

sorry, that's not what happened at all

No, Jonathan was asking Clark what's wrong with being a farmer? Again, it's not the idea, it's the execution that's the problem. Zack Snyder is a shit storyteller. You're right, the ideas are there. They are just presented so poorly they become muddled and awful.

>doesn't care
>that's the point
>Hack Snyder made one of the smartest, most methodical characters in comics a blind, angry killer
>people eat this shit up.
Kek

>Clark never says "I'm not ready to help the world"

>this is the kind of expository dialogue a marveldrone expects from a film

>poisoning what is a relatively decent conversation

fucking batman is susceptible to shit all the fucking time

even fucking morrison wrote batman getting played towards the end of his run

>a relatively decent conversation

It's really not. A lot of it is based on you wilfully (and I use that term charitably) misunderstanding the scenes you're discussing.

Just cuz your broad mind can't see the symbolism and metaphors doesn't mean you're right.

>and where we had thought to slay another,we shall slay ourselves

Nah, me being right means I'm right

i'm the one of the people explaining shit????
if you and the people who make these kinds of posts never make these kinds of posts again, it would help me a lot

Because if Batman starts killing people he's scared he will become like the bad guys and it'll send him over the edge.

Plus he wants to be a symbol for a better way

Tell me how we gained that info from how he acted?

Your small narrow mind needs to be told what is right, which only means you're actually worse than me.
You would be better fit to join a Marvel thread, because every motive is said verbally and not subtlety.

You're right. The correct answer is "nothing." Jonathan's being really careful, leading Clark to answers instead of ineffectually trying to pour them into the head of a guy still deep enough in teenage douchebaggery to say something like, 'You're not even my real dad."

There's no faster way to get a teenager to tune you out than to come off like you're preaching to them instead of having a conversation.

This man, Whit Ellsworth, is the reason Batman stopped using guns in 1940. He was an early DC editor. He's also the reason why Joker wasn't killed off as a character and became Batman's iconic villain.

Interestingly enough, this was a time period when Jews were still genuinely discriminated against and many professions were closed to them. Ellsworth acted as a front for the company's Jewish writers, being referred to as the "company goy." In cartoonist Irwin Hasen's own words, "Don't let them look at the Jews, let them look at Whitney Ellsworth."

Ellsworth also worked on Detective Comics, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the list goes on.

in the bus save flashback, the moment builds to the moment jonathan tells clark the truth about his life, at which point jonathan tells him he has to spend the rest of his life finding the reason he's here, which sets context on everything clark does as he's looking for how he fits in the grand scheme of things, leading to his discovery of his true heritage all of which lead to him having to intervene and save the world from zod

him stepping up and saving the world is him showing that he's finally ready to be what he can be, superman

all of his scenes fit into this, him being ready to make the right choices

i don't follow

But he actively tries to help people, he says he hodes because thst's what his father thought, not Clark himself.

That's why you start before they are teenagers. It's called raising kids. people do it all the time. Also, portraying this in film doesn't have to be beating people over the head but can be done plainly.

two things:
we already established that clark thoughts about his father reached full clarity at the end of man of steel
the movie also established the social logistics of the scenario, revelation of his nature has him moving,
there is both the personal psychology and the impersonal social context at work

both which keep him moving towards finding and taking up an identity

by all means it seems clark was raised right
in bvs perry busts his balls for being the kansas farm boy, only to later find out that was literally who he actually was

Why were the fight scenes so awful?

They only made up that stupid rule for The Dark Knight movie. And whenever they're making yet another Joker story and have to find a reason for Batman not to kill him so they can keep re-using him and other villains who have murderer countless people.

Well, it's heavily implied (and even shown) that this is a much wearier and more cynical Batman, who has been doing this shit for a long time and it hasn't changed anything. Robin was either killed by Joker or became Joker, and he still has nightmares regularly.

By all that, it's understandable why he doesn't follow his "no kill" rule anymore. It's not like he outright executes people, it's more like he's done fucking around and isn't really taking prisoners

what's funny to me is that a lot of batman's dialogue in bvs, and the apparent morrison influence on leto's joker set up another aspect of their relationship that has a lot of room

I honestly don't understand the anti-kill-no-matter-what people

daredevil i get because it needs the catholic conflict - but even then it feels selfish ("i don't want to go to hell so i'll risk a fist fight while the kid at the end of the hall might be sold, raped and killed")

do these people think Gordon is a bad guy too for shooting meth-heads trying to kill him? We're not talking about clandestine death squads or something

there's a prequel comic in which its explicitly expositioned that batman had only recently become more brutal, by two criminals in the middle of a job

and in the ultimate edition its explicitly stated as well that batman has only recently become really brutal, with again more reference to him being a sort of creature

There's even more to that bus rescue than that, even, at least I think so. Check this out:

The bus driver opened the door before they hit the water. As the pressure equalized, any kid would have been able to make their way to the front and exit the bus. The equalization would let them open the emergency exit easily as well.

This doesn't happen. They panic, being kids and all, then Clark panics too, and pushes the whole bus out of the river. He does too much and it gets hailed as a miracle, an "Act of God."

It's perfectly understandable that Clark would panic with lives at stake. He's just a kid, too, but that scene serves as a foreshadowing of his career as Superman up through BvS. He's doing too much and people are starting to think of him as a god.

He's broken, he thought that being batman could protect the people he loves, but later finds out that being batman causes more people to die and get hurt because of his actions. This is what makes him break his moral code, because he chooses the absolute safety of an innocents life over criminals lives.

But in the warehouse scene in the movie you can see the regret he has for shooting down those people, after the death of superman it makes his question his actions and re-evaluate what he is doing these are people who have died/hurt because of him: jason todd, oracle/barbra gordon (yes Oracle easter eggs were in the movie and they were goind to add her to the movie but there was too much going on), and possibly Harvey Dent

Any of you guys think it's possible that BvS is an allegory? I mean, that's not *all* it is, but I definitely think I see something going on with the major players that seems to hint at a post-911 message, not a simple one, either, because none of the principals come out with their hands totally clean.

The criticism of him killing in BvS, I think, comes from the movie being a piece of shit.

Also, a lot of his killing is too upfront and not just collateral damage.

Like in your scene there, his tank could handled the shots, he couldve sped ahead and used spikes to pop the tires, but no, he shoots em down.

He also attaches a tracking device to a truck he then follows and shoots at, pretty illogical seeing as how he needed to track the truck, shooting at it couldve made him lose the tracking device.

For a Batman that kills so blatantly he didn't just directly stab KG Beast to save Martha, he blows the fuel tank, which could've killed Martha.

Sure the other Batmen killed, but it was collateral, and even if it wasn't, it could be ignored because the movies were well done and many of Batman's other characteristics were portrayed well, or the actor just did a good job and we could forgive some of the deaths.

corporate sponsored false flag
corporate influence used to gain mineral and access to top secret technology
corporate power almost killing everyone
journalists powerless to affect ground level change among the poor
government practically working against itself because of all the active conflicting interests
people pinning their problems on things they want to kill
who knows
read terrio's interview
blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2016/03/11/inside-chris-terrios-vision-for-batman-superman-and-justice-league/

Gosh Batman, why do your pistols have two rear sights and blocked off barrels?

Batman in this film is personified force of absolute opposition.
You throwing at him grenade - you exploding on it yourself
Shooting his car - he shooting yours
Knife him in shoulder - right back it goes
Want to use flame thrower - you will get its flame on yourself
Captured some cutie weeb qts in cells - will go in prison yourself

Batman DOES have no-kill rule, though it doesn't mean he didn't ever crossed the line, nor that he likes killing people. He just does what necessary.

>not just collateral damage
>not collateral

100%

batman in bvs is absolutely not the exaggerated misconstrued strawman people make him out to be

even the nightmare you see him shooting shoulders and legs, it's bullshit

Batman's practically the walking personification of the Bush administration in the film, too. He even lies to his British "ally" about WMDs.

Thanks for that link.

FREANK DUN SHOOT DAD BLOKE, MAY

OY SWEER TO CHROIST, YE YANK CUNT

If you look at sequence when he desides to shoot car he actually holds a couple bursts, so it means no, his armor couldn't handle that much.

And he didn't shot the van, he wanted to takeout goon's rides and take cargo. Why he doing in on the road? Because it's easier than to assault Lexcorp, or fight them on port. He marked van just in case he will lose it.

>He even lies to his British "ally" about WMDs.
"humorless"

The batmobile scene could be blamed on the batmobile's automated defense system. It was an AI and not exactly Batman himself.

Unless he was remote controlling it ( haven't seen the Burton movies in ages)

But even if Bats was in control that scene and the strapped bomb scene are addressed by my statement that when past Batmen did murder, I think most people looked past it because the movies were still really good. other aspects of Batman were portrayed well in those movies. His stealth, his detective abilities, the atmosphere. The movies were good so you get lost in them, you get engulfed and kinda forget he did those things..that is, until the movie is over.

And when it's done the sentiment is usally " damn..he killed that/those guy/s...but...that was a good movie."

With BvS its like "man.. that shit sucked..and did you see how many people he killed. Wtf was that?"

i could take everything you said and flip it positively for bvs
in fact, that has been my honest experience of bvs

I hate this movie but honestly Henry is pretty fuckin' based.

His batmobile could handle the gunfire.

There was nothing in that scene that makes it look like the bullets were any kind of hindrance to the batmobile.

This is how preconditioned society has become. All this is there and yet I've seen no critic besides Armond White even hint at its existence.

>They didn't see it, Lo. I'm afraid they didn't see it because they weren't looking.

If some antihero decided he wanted to kill everyone is arkham asylum because they are all shitlords, would batman stop them?

No detective skills..
"Thanks Lex for keeping your computers downstairs (near the kitchen?) without any real security and this exposed wire that I can easily link my hacking device to."

"Don't have to use detective skills to find where KG Beast and Martha are because Alfred hacked KG Beast's cellphone's GPS."

"Superman huh? I'm not gonna try to investigate anything about him."
(So Lois Lane is a better detective than Batman and was able to find Superman's secret identity even before he revealed himself to the world as Superman?)

Not stealthy..
"Stealth? Why would I need to be stealthy? Sure Martha might be killed if they know I'm here but...* CRASH through window* why would I sneak in and make sure I locate Martha first without letting anyone know I'm here..what am I? A Batman or something?"

Movie can't even stay consistebt with its version of batman..
"You know, I may not be very Batman like in this movie and I dont mind killing anymore..but...why would I crash through the window next to KG Beast and knock him down and stab him to save Martha when I can let them know I'm somewhere in the warehouse..possibly getting Martha killed."

Sorry man but liking BvS is just..indefensible.

Yes. That would actually make damn good plot for a movie.

Who knows man, this Batman is an inconsistent mess.

richard brody's take was very interesting
i've commented a few times that to my eye it seems only 50+ dudes actually engaged the movie

>Alfred hacked KG Beast's cellphone's GPS.
Bruce set that up way earlier at the underground prize fight.

>spend decades fighting crime
>don't kill anyone, put them behind bars
>they eventually get out, repeat the process
>more and more children of Gotham lose their parents like you did.
>Say fuck it and decide to keep them off the streets permanently.

Exactly. Death by proxy.

there's some nuance you're missing and of course the fact that batman DOESN"T GIVE TO SHITS ABOUT 'WHO' SUPERMAN IS

your stealth tirade is meaningless, not even the comics follow that logic to a t, and there's also the fact that there's no way batman can just pop in and pop her out without securing the area

>can't stay consistent with batman
are you fucking kidding me bro
>said with no evidence to prove the movie is inconsistent with portrayal
jesus

I love how this guy groups all comicfags together. I personally don't like a batman that kills, and I read comics, but in the comics batman kills people too, so fuck it. All iterations of media have their own bs moral code and bad writing. So find an iteration of batman that you like, killing or no killing, and just stick to that. Even if it's a short comic run from the 70's or some shit. Or even if it's the latest blockbuster. Niggers like this guy piss me off. We are all special faggots in our own way.

>>spend decades fighting crime
>>don't kill anyone, put them behind bars
>>they eventually get out, repeat the process
>>more and more children of Gotham lose their parents like you did.
>>Say fuck it and decide to keep them off the streets permanently

That'd be a nice story

That's not in the movie, however

It's strange how people are coming up with ways this story might work when this thread is obviously a rhetorical device to show how the movie is bad

>everything must be revealed in chronological order because I'm a retard

>criminals are like weed alfred
>pull one up another grows in its place

i can't be facetious tho, that line and moment isn't about justifying the treatment of criminals but about the sisyphean nature of his time as batman, and how taking down superman can actually mean something

youtube.com/watch?v=7kscfb9XzPs

spoiler