Monster Trucks Movie Based On A 4-Year Old's Idea Projected To Lose $115 Million Before Release

kek

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uQrj2M-2Uiw
worldatlas.com/articles/the-most-expensive-movie-ticket-prices-around-the-world.html
youtube.com/watch?v=s1X2b0kq9EE&feature=share
youtube.com/watch?v=a9hZwjz1pkY
youtube.com/watch?v=Stb7iIn1CDA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If I were an exec, I would fire the person who approved this movie.

That mcgyver aint it

Holy crap Paramount was already dying for a hit. Now they're done for.

Doing great work over there Paramount

Why wouldn't kids wanna watch this? Looks fun

>lets fund this garbage, kids love garbage.

Kek

The first time I heard about this movie was a news story about how much money it was going to lose, just before opening weekend I think

>tfw you were alive to see Hollywood crash and burn

Am I supposed to be surprised that this literal retardation is going to flop hard? Are these people actually shocked?

I liked Lucas Till in the Hannah Montana Movie but he's not well known and this idea was obviously bad. Why did Paramount put a 125 million into it?

Seriously, what the fuck were they thinking when they remade this? I can only think of some 60 year old jewish producer whos so out of touch he thinks Ben Hur is still a huge pop culture thing and he just saw the Sparacus series because his grandkids were talking about it

Is this monster kino?

youtube.com/watch?v=uQrj2M-2Uiw

World War Z 2 is suppose to come out in July and it has yet to hit pre production.

Yeah but zombies are a safe idea. Unless they give the zombies jet packs and laser guns. Which even then would probably print money.

The monster looks cute :3

No, that's not what i mean, a movie of that caliber was should have started pre preduction months ago and already be filming. There's no way that it can make the July release date.

>grey thing with tentacles
no

Paramount is gonna be out of business pretty sharpish. They couldn't even market their tentpole Star Trek movie effectively.

Besides the monster design being kinda lame

The movie looks fine for a kids flick.

They probably spent way too much on an unknown property though

how does this happen?

I didn't even know there was a new one until it'd be out for days

They're doing nearly as good as Sony

is it actually based on a 4 year olds idea?
Story?

HAHAHAHAHA That's the guy that played Doctor Doom in F4antastic

He's bringing empires down irl

come on, those colorful posters are hard to ignore unless you are some fat ass neet who never leaves the house

Who was asking for a remake of ben hur?

>Unless they give the zombies jet packs and laser guns

Nigga that would be cash af

that 4 year old is going to get bullied so hard when he finally starts going to school

me

movies are on their way out. Getting a series on netflix is the new thing because no one wants to drive to a theater, pay $50 after tickets and snacks, and sit in a big room with a bunch of other loud assholes to watch another shitty remake reboot.

when they can stay at home and watch an entirly new idea on screen from their xbox one

If they literally put me in charge of Paramount right now, I bet I would do a better job without any prior experience in film whatsoever.

Where exactly do you see movie posters on a day to day basis?

I'm still perfectly happy to do that: if they'd only make shit worth watching
I'm not doing it for capeshit

i really liked the other two movies and im a star trek fan, i didn't see it until about 2 weeks after release kek.

paramount are in serious trouble imo, trek is one of their big franchises but they made one of the shittest trailers ever then nothing for six months

maybe in Cuckmerica, elsewhere tickets cost less than 10% of that number

Chinks haven't seen the original film. I guess they were banking on that.

bus stops, stores, movie theaters

worldatlas.com/articles/the-most-expensive-movie-ticket-prices-around-the-world.html

To be fair. Star Trek was never going to be a blockbuster on the level of Marvel or even DCEU movies. Trek can support a medium budgeted show, but it's not popular enough to be a bankable blockbuster.

Ah yes, those chinese people love movies based on christianity

Nope. If you think "movies are on their way out" you're dead wrong. Plenty of movies are still turning a profit every weekend. More movies are being made now than ever. It'll always be a huge business.

Yet this got $115 mill throwed at it?

but muh torrents, muh home theater

Not where I live (except movie theaters, but who the fuck goes to them on a day to day basis?). The only way I ever learn about movies is through trailers.

t. hollywood jew

So you never leave your house. Got it.

And? My point is that no matter what money was thrown at it, it was a huge mistake for paramount or anyone else to expect giant summer blockbuster money out of Star Trek

>he can't afford going to the theater every weekend

"""land of the free"""

>actually taking a 4 year olds idea

>They don't have movie posters on bus stops and stores where I live
>HURR YOU NEVER LEAVE YOUR HOUSE HURR
So you should be permanently banned from ever posting on this website again. Got it.

How can you fuck up the BFG? Honestly, it was a massive hit back in the day. Same goes for Alice Through the Looking Glass.

Where do you live and how much do movie tickets cost in your country?

Paramount Pictures 2017 theatrical releases (including co-productions)

XXX: Return Of Xander Cage
Same Kind Of Different As Me
Rings
God Particle
Tulip Fever
Ghost In The Shell
Baywatch
Transformers: The Last Knight
Friday The 13th

Transformers should bring in some good money. Baywatch could be a surprise success.

this 2bh, the creature is really adorable.

shame about the movie

Movies aren't on their way out, they're just going through a bad phase where unimaginative shit is being churned out and people are getting tired of it. People still like going out to the movies, just not to see tired remakes and sequels nobody asked for.

Once Mr Sheklebergs money bin is looking a little less full, you'll see a turn around and quality will have a renaissance. Then it will all turn to shit again. The cycle goes on and on.

releasing a wintery movie in the summer. Also kids want to see colorful animals or shit like smurfs, not giant grampas

>remakes and literally who flicks
wew

Jesus Christ, it's like Paramount are trying to go out of business.

Damn that poor kid is going to have that on his head his whole life

>they're just going through a bad phase
Movies hit their peak in popularity (in terms of actual ticket sales per capita) 70 years ago, and have slowly but surely been declining ever since. Their relevance as a medium decreases steadily and will never recover.

Mexico, there's several theaters in my city and it costs 50 pesos on average

el justo

Do you think after the crash happens there will be a chance for comfy mid-budgeted movies again?

Children have been cucked in Obama's America, so monster trucks are too aggressive for them.

The shekels are all in China, so expect soulless CGI spectacle garbage in perpetuity.

Why? It looks fun.

>XXX: Return Of Xander Cage
I will watch the fuck out of that
It does seem like they aren't even trying though

This. going to the movies was such a classic american pass time because there wasnt much else to do. Now people have the internet and satellite tv with a bajillion channels. Plus they can just rent movies through the internet

kill yourself familia

Wasn't the first one delayed time and again because of production difficulties? How the fuck have they not figured it out?

>Foreigners mindlessly going to the theater to see the latest Hollywood schlock thus contributing to the increasingly dumbed down movie model
And really, after spending all week indoors so bored I have to post on an anime image board, why would I want to spend my weekends also inside watching some boring ass shitty movies?

You should be banned for being a disgusting poor foreigner living in a shit country

That's what they get for fucking with Event Horizon

Even Sony has made money this year - although barely. Only Paramount is losing money, and holy shit are they losing a ton.

*tips pissjug*

>le gone with the wind made the most money evar XD *adjusted for inflation

Comparing ticket sales per capita from not to a rime when America had 1/4 the population it does now and movie theaters were the only place most people could go to enjoy air conditioning that wasn't work is such a clusterfuck I'm surprised you could type that out. Unless you're trolling, which in case, 3/10

>Canada
>$8.10

I wish senpai. Maybe in rural Saskatchewan, but not in the big cities.

I think the China meme will end soon. The Chinese will start asking for more than bit characters and references in movies and turn to more local flicks when Hollywood can't keep up.

>Paramount is gonna be out of business pretty sharpish.

That's both true and really kind of a shame. Paramount is an old, old studio with a lot of history behind it, and the last one actually in Hollywood.

I've heard the BFG was decent, it just wasn't popular. It's not a really remembered kids' book

Alice on the other hand is a strange case, the first one made money hand over fist

fuck them for making shitty distribution deals with the hulk movies 2bh

It was pretty mediocre. Maybe I'm blinded because I actually really liked the book though.

Nah, Transformers never fails to make bank. The last two each broke a billion.

>If I were an exec, I would fire the person who approved this movie.
they already did back in 2015. they fired adam goodman (president of paramount at the time and the man who apporved this shit) as well as the head of animation at paramount, bob bacon (no, seriously).

i think the controversy of depp and amber didn't help things much with Alice 2, well that and it honestly looked terrible

because it worked with the transformers flicks

So was the first one. Burton made Alice in Wonderland boring, how the fuck can you do that

>fucking Mexico is mocking America
At least us burgers don't have to deal with the cartels. You tacos live in fear of being beheaded.

the first alice made money for the same reason as the remake of clash of the titans: avatar had just blown the lid off 3D and audiences couldn't get enough of that gimmicky shit. the next couple 3D flicks after avatar all made crazy money.

>Comparing ticket sales per capita from not to a rime when America had 1/4 the population it does now
Yes, you use per capita because total sales can increase purely through population growth, not because they're more popular. But your utterly retarded "1/4 the popultion" comment makes me suspect you're just another worthless troll.

>and movie theaters were the only place most people could go to enjoy air conditioning that wasn't work
So you're admitting movies are less popular than they were before. So you are just a total shitposting troll and I don't know why I wasted my time on you. You won't get another reply.

Wait they made a movie on Monster Trucks? What's the plot?

only if you get in their way, fuck with them or are a woman who wants to do something other than stay at home and be bred

Don't kill yourself family member. It would be excellent.

>According to the Wall Street Journal, "Viacom Inc.ā€™s movie studio took the unusual step Wednesday of announcing a $115 million impairment charge ā€œrelated to the expected performance of an unreleased film.ā€ Analysts quickly zeroed in on ā€œMonster Trucks,ā€ a Jan. 13 release about a teenager who discovers a creature that gives his pickup special powers."

>Apparently, the idea for the film, which was basically monster trucks having real (and silly) monsters in them was developed by a studio president with the help of his then 4-year old son.

>Said studio president is already out at Paramount, as is the studio's head of animation. It's also been reported by Jalopnik that initially the movie was supposed to be entirely animated so that the studio could sell a lot of toys and backpacks and so on, the way Pixar profited off of Cars.

>Now that you can see the trailer for the film though, it's clear that the direction they took is a completely different one - that can either succeed in some way, or backfire to the tune of over $100 million.

>Going outside instead of going to a movie theater literally every single week is now NEET
I see this entire thread is now just pure shitposting, this'll be my last wasted effort on you idiots.

>posted from his basement with his torrent on pause

you are not afraid of anything, because you are not really living desu

they dont even have a director yet though brad is supposedly sucking finchers dick to do it

cocaine, lots of it

I also want millions to fuck around with :(

Yes, living in fear is really living. Fuck Western civilization, everyone should move to Mexico and African countries to experience what really living is. :^)

>Paramount loses the MCU when Disney outright buys Marvel

Too bad for them.

A good movie theater experience is still leagues ahead of watching something on your TV, the only problem is that almost no one is producing anything worth watching

this wouldve been your favorite childhood movie, if it came out in the 80's

just sayin

Kid finds squid monster who lived in his truck and must find the monster's home/family before evil guys get him.

Go to bed @therealdonaldtrump

life here is not like in Breaking Bad, autist

But even stevens was only 2 years apart from transformers and dont forget he was disneys golden boy for awhile.

>that 4 year old is going to get bullied so hard when he finally starts going to school

"I got a Hollywood movie made while you were watching Spongebob and playing with your Ninja Turtles."

>5 literally who movies
>2 remakes
>A Transformers sequel
>An adaptation of an anime that might be OK but has a decent chance of bombing
What a haul

>user brings up Trump out of nowhere totally unprovoked
Fuck off fags.

>A 4-Year Old's Idea
YOU'LL NEVER WORK IN THIS TOWN AGAIN!

Another crash will probably wipe theaters out for good in the west and everything will switch to online, with studios going for miniseries and long form series over single films, since the former two keep people paying and watching.

so random

so mad

that 4 year old is gonna work off his debt to his father in the hollywood pedo sex ring forever tbhfam

>black keys playing in the back

so much cringe

nah, he'll be this generation's Max Landis

._.

>knowing the band's name

>I think the China meme will end soon.
The china meme has already ended, Hollywood just hasn't realized it yet. The largest grossing film in china this year was a Chinese language film (doubled the china take of the Zootopia) and 5/10 of the top earners have been Chinese films.
In a decade English language films will probably be lucky to break the top 10.

What the fuck were they thinking? It could've been a hit as an animated film, no chance in hell as live action though.

youtube.com/watch?v=s1X2b0kq9EE&feature=share

Not him, but it's actually a pretty clever reference, certainly more funny than 99% of the Trumpposters on this board.

it was the baby's choice

I always find it funny that movies either overspend wayyyy to much on marketing, or don't put a dime into it.
If it wasn't for this board I would have never heard of either movie

doesnt jewwood make shitty movies to avoid some kinda tax shit?

>How can you fuck up the BFG?
By not having the Big Fucking Gun from Doom in it.

is it Ok that i wanna fuck the main actor? cus uhh, I really wanna fuck him

I guess. I'm just sick of people turning things into a debate over Trump so maybe I overreacted. A simple reference is fine as long it doesn't derail the whole thread like it typically seems to do.

but this trailer looked so fun, a monster monster truck truck.

Does anyone believe the film could beat the odds and become a major phenomenon?
2017 might be the year of the monster truck.

Why do you assume this? Other countries certainly haven't phased out American movies.

The Chinese governments wants to keep foreign media on a controlled tap and encourage Chinese growth so that's definitely a factor but there's no sign of them going full isolationist.

The main guy can't act.

>Mfw Disney and WB are the only two players left in town.

Fox, Sony, Universal, Lionsgate exct. Are all going tits up

Oh my god shut the fuck up

>people producing shit that no one wants to see, and is advertised very little
>huge losses

GEE, WHO WOULD'VE GUESSED

IT'S ALMOST LIKE PEOPLE DON'T WANT TO DIVE INTO A POOL FILLED WITH PISS

>""""""""MEXICAN theater"""""""""

>Why do you assume this?
Because chinese people would rather watch films in Chinese and the Chinese film industry in the process of building up enough capital to be able to compete with Hollywood blockbusters. No other country has the combination of language and cultural difference + audience size + capital that china has. Other non-english speaking countries don't have the audience or capital for their film industries to make summer blockbusters in non-english languages; however china does and will make the most of it, especially with their government's help. Chinese films are set to rapidly eclipse American films in China solely based on the fact that plebs don't like subtitles or dubbing, the cultural differences and government meddling are simply further nails in the coffin.

Reminder that 'Rings' got delayed because of this abomination's failure.

kek that looks like a shitty living room

So maybe they put the shit in motion for this on purpose?

It's not a good thing that an original movie is failing.

>people getting their heads cut off, skin shaved, and their genitals stuffed in their mouth

youre right breaking bad makes mexico look like the land of the saints

It's missing those American style bullet holes.

le cherry picking

>No other country has the combination of language and cultural difference

Kek'd

I've yet to see a Netflix series which could be called "an entirly new idea".

Honestly, it looks fine. Looks like a really simplistic story but the creature is cute and it's kind of a fun idea. I laughed when the tentacle grabbed the tire that fell off. Might be fun for kids.

>I can't read.
China is a unique market because it has a combination of language and culture differences, a very large language audience and the investment capital to make big budget films.
European and south american countries have the language and cultural differences but lack the audience and money to make their film industry viable.
India and Africa have the audience size and language barrier, but are too poor and uneducated to compete with Hollywood.

China is a unique situation, which is why their film industry is rapidly overtaking Hollywood in China.

It's not a good thing that an original movie is some low budget literally who cgi comedy fest with a derivative plot and lazy jokes.

Yeah agreed but the shitty acting by the lead Chad and Stacey might be enough to ruin it. We'll see. It's a fine line to tread between "so bad it's good" and just bad

>for kids
and for our plothole dissecting autist residents

>Chinese films are set to rapidly eclipse American films in China solely based on the fact that plebs don't like subtitles or dubbing, the cultural differences and government meddling are simply further nails in the coffin.

That's a mighty optimistic outlook. Seeing as China's economy is a fun house of ups and downs, the rapidly increasing cost of seeing a movie in a theater is a very big detriment to the Chinese, where their actual population is not a real signifier of potential viewership.

The potential viewership is at a much higher ratio in the US than it is in China, and movies like Kung Fu Panda, which surprised Chinese audiences and made them second-guess their countries own thoughts about the competency of foreign films (they loved Kung Fu Panda) makes the Chinese both market far too unpredictable to be a reliable market, but also a very large potential ally.

Also, even Chinese directors make subtle comments about how much they fucking hate making films in China, which is why all the good ones are made by Hong Kong directors.

It didn't do as well as the Charlton Heston one?

In twenty years the most successful films in America will be dubbed or subbed Chinese blockbusters.

>It's not a really remembered kids' book
u wot? Half the shit made up in the book are actual English words now.

How many oranges do you have to sell to afford knowing what a couch feels like?

Remaking Ben-Hur was idiotic and they deserve that anyway.

Looking at the trailer, it looks like Nickelodeon should have spent $5 million on it, and shown it a couple of times on their network. To spend over $100 million on it was just stupid.

About a bag, just across the border. Then I'm set for a month.

Fuck Paramount. The more of these fuckers that go down the better.

Agreed. It honestly feels like this film was made in the 80's with shitty practical effects and a lot of love, became a fondly remembered b-movie, and is now getting a cgi remake.

>'member monster trucks?
>I 'member!

every time my ass makes a new sound after eating cherry peppers it becomes an English word

Forget it he's a cuckmerican. I bet he doesn't even realize that Canada is a country.

>danny glover is in this

Nah, they've still got Bayformers.

>Ebonics in your title

nigga i ben hur

>Originally produced by Nickelodeon Movies, but the studio decided to opted out of the project during post production.

>Monster Truck movie?
Huh this could be fun actually. Talking trucks doing badass stunts. It'll be like transformers and cars in one movie

>Watch trailer
DUDE ANCIENT ALIENS LMAO

just why

who are you quoting?

saved by an anime adaptation
wew lad

>projected losses
this all sounds like a load of bullshit to me. they could've quit on the film at any time, they were paying people to make this. even if the old managent was in charge all the way through shooting they could've pulled the plug before the animation, before advertising... it isnt out until 2017 and advertising is easily the biggest money eater, they could cancel it now to cut their losses if they really think it's going to do that poorly.
this "projected losses" thing sounds like it's just some shit for stockholders to downplay their expectations for ~next quarter~ and they decided to do that by picking on the thing the 4yo exec's son came up with.

i bet they're already working on after release distribution and toy molds and doing some prep work for an animated series or game in case it blows up.

Danny Glover.

lol jane levy was this close to an actual movie career

>100+ million dollar budget
>releasing in January
Wew lad.

>Ghost in the Shell
>decent chance of bombing
Almost definitely bombing, but maybe they'll get lucky. Didn't Lucy make crazy money? I'll never understand the appeal of ScarJo. She is legitimately a terrible actress.

This. It might have had a chance as an animated movie straight for kids but I saw a preview for it when I saw Kubo and the live action thing doesn't work.

Looked stupid.

Don't the Chinese hate culture that isn't their own. They view everyone else as shit, and would probably prefer watching their own terrible movies. I certainly wouldn't want to watch some imported Chinese shit.

Yes but no. They see themselves as superior but still like our movies. They have to be the right sort of bad for the Chinese to watch them: Transformers does well there, Star Wars does not.

She'll never be able to act as The Major either.

Don't Breathe was a big success regardless of its flaws. This won't hurt her career much.

Chinese are deeply insecure and narcissistic about their culture. They aspire to be the best, inside they know they aren't, but they like to pretend they are already. That's why they love the shit out of kdrama and watch so much Japanese porn, and love western music and movies.

>fairly original concept
>Jane Levy
Fuck it, I'll go see it and bring some beers with me.

Honestly, this is fine. In the source material, the major is a pretty stiff character that doesn't really relate to anyone on a personal level...if they stick closely to the original movie (rather than the SAC series), then she's actually more than qualified.

But they'll deviate. Surely they will.

Character designs looked like shit. Teasers were tightly coiled steaming piles. If it quacks like a duck, then the assumption should follow.

>MUD
Oh I rikey Matthew Mcconaughey, he a lokka like a man.

She was shit at playing The Major in the trailers. When walking through that corridor her arms were shaking like it was her first fucking mission and she wasn't a high tech military grade android that wouldn't shake anyway.

Awful. Leave GITS alone God damn it. Fucking jewllywood. And whoever owns the rights to GITS these days that let jewllywood do this movie, fuck them too.

i hope that 4 year old told his daddy he wanted to see the monster wiggle its tentacle into jane levy's tiny white panties and make her squirm

Because it works out for children at a young age associated with Hollywood all the time.

>so desperate they're releasing porn now

I like xXx but it's not going to be a hit.

It would have done better if it was 100% computer animation, with a more stylized look. The "'''''teens'''''' are too old looking for how childish the movie is. Also if it had a pixar/dreamworks look then the merch would be easier to make and the toys would print money.

Is that the new MacGyver?

>kids movie
>live action
>literal who lead
>not based on an existing IP
>$100 million budget

This is what they get for putting such ridiculous prices on movies nowadays.
About 90% of the shit they crap out could be made for a tenth or less of their actual budget. It works when it makes it back, but when they're wrong shot just hits the fan, just imagine if they made all movies with Deadpool's budget and they got the type of money back that they normally do.

T&A plus she has a decent agent who gets her good roles where she doesn't have to emote too much. balancing blockbuster flicks and arthouse kinƶ like under the skin also helps.

this looks amazing though

i could see kids loving it if it's marketed correctly, and it def has animated series adaptation possibilities

>take an existing IP with loyal fanbase
>don't M. Knight Shalamalam it
>don't Dragon Ball Evolution it
>decent director
>decent cast
>???
>Profit

Contractually forced to finish projects, if I'm not mistaken.

Well, it is Hollywood accounting, but they also need to account to someone.

Monster Trucks release date:
May 29th, 2015
December 25th, 2015
March 18th, 2016
January 13th, 2017

Three delays already.

I've been hoping this bubble will burst soon for the past 15 years. there really is no reason to have this much expensive CGI in movies. it's become an excuse for laziness, like how "don't worry, we'll fix it in postproduction" has become a mantra of big budget filmmaking.

Fuck you it's January.

the only reason they are finally putting it out is because they realized delaying it further would only make the unfinished CGI look even more dated

It already looks VERY 2008

Hope that 4-year-old was smart enough to ask for cash upfront instead of royalties.

now we know how Havok really died in Age of Apocalypse

where the fuck do you live that you are paying $50 for a movie. costs me $5 to sit in a comfy recliner in a quiet theater to watch new releases

I live in America and it costs $5 to see a new release while sitting in a recliner

we've known that for years they hire directors to purposely kill franchises like they did hiring JJ to kill star trek

Yeah cartoon trucks that are part monster would sell a shit ton of toys.

Now it looks like a horrible Disney Channel movie.

look i can cherry pick too

If it had come out in the 80s it would've been a charmingly dumb b-movie. This shit just looks bad.

That shit made me laugh....because its true.

>lol flops are so funeh hahaha xd Disney rules

Retards

The problem with china is that no one wants to see chinese movies. Even if the effects and budgets were on par with the best hollywood can make - it's still shit. It's in chinese. Dubs sound like shit, and guess what - no one except the chinese like to see chinks on screen.

China "competing" with hollywood is a laughable prospect. You yourself said it, chinese films will overtake hollywood films IN CHINA. Nowhere else. No chink will ever have as much "star power" as say pitt, dicaprio, or even mcconaughey.

>is around bus stops daily
>calling anyone else "poor" or "foreigner"

Ahahahaha faggot.

>filming took place in 2014
>Nickelodeon abandoned ship during post-production
>Paramount have kept pushing back the release date
>it's being released in January
Everything about this screams flop. I can't believe two studios read the script and thought "this will make a ton of money!"

God, what a shithole. How the hell are you supposed to fit a seafood platter on one of those tiny little tables?

>studio releases shitty looking movies
>shitty looking movies flop
>people laugh
>"STOP LAUGHING! THIS IS TERRIBLE! I'M GONNA MENTION DISNEY FOR NO REASON!"
Kill yourself.

If I was swaglord, I'd fucking rape you right now with a ban

kyfs, pajeet

what did you say to me bitch?

I would accuse you of being a Paramount shill but I don't think Paramount can afford to hire shills. Are you a Warner Bros. shill who's still salty over Batman v Superman or a Sony shill who's still salty over Ghostbusters?

Once again the trailer gave away the whole movie. Good or bad, there's no point in seeing it because of that.

$50, where the fuck do you watch movies?

Who is Holt McCallany the budget version of?

I'm going to take all my family and friends to watch that movie I'm not going to let the dream of a 4yo kid to die this easily.

>tfw the loss is bigger than the production budget

How can a movie lose money before it comes out? That isn't fair

Wow all boring garbage that won't make money except for transformers

This doesn't look that bad, but I think it would have worked better as a cartoon or animated TV show. It's kind of corny, but cute at the same time. I'm not watching it, but I don't think it'll bomb that hard.

clearly he doesnt sneak in crab legs to snack upon like us patricians

Does Kreech fuck Jane Levy?

How do shitty movies even get made? How do you put so much money into something just to have it suck

I've been in +50 theathers in 10 different states and no one looked like this.

Most theathers look like cookie cutters of this, because the same company runs 70% of theathers in the country.

This looks bad, but i have to give them credit for making something original

The price of a deluxe movie theather is around $70 pesos (Around 3.5 dollars or 7 kilograms of oranges), the price of a regular theather is $30 pesos (1.5 Dollars or 3 kg of oranges)

90% of shows on Netflix that never aired are objectively garbage.

damn.. i wish i lived in mexico.. i get really worn out carrying so many oranges to get into theaters here

He's not wrong.

Christianity is the fastest growing religion in China actually.

Yeah, but the quality of their originals is overall pretty strong. They also give showrunners a lot more freedom than traditional networks do.

Hooboy. Transformers is probably going to make them a lot of money at least, don't think a single one of those films has lost money.

I could see this working with kids, sort of.
I would have liked that sort of stuff when I was 5.
Are little kids so numbed by their ipads that they don't even like cars these days?

So who will die first? Sony? Paramount?

Sony Pictures will close but Sony itself will survive.
If Paramount keeps going like this, they'll be fucked.

This will be Disney too within the next 30-50 years. I look forward to seeing it.

If it was animated, it could've done well; the concept is great for a cartoons, toy tie-ins and video games. Feels like a throwback to 80s/90s toys. Oh well, they fucked it all up.

I don't know about Paramount, but Sony is struggling financially, they closed their Laptop and PC branch, they are about to close their mobile phone branch, they sold several offices in Japan, and left the banking bussiness.

Basically cameras, videogames are the only things that gives them some profit.

>Basically cameras, videogames are the only things that gives them some profit
They are also doing relatively well with TV and other stuff like that.

Paramount is still alive only because Viacom's TV sales.

That's all.

Michael Shannon maybe? He's got that sort of craggy ambiguously-ugly face

> it's expected to lose money even before its January 13th, 2017 official release date
January, where movies go to die.

its really not that hard for hollywood to produce good movies, they just dont... wierd

when it comes to pumping out movies, i know its seasonal, depending on talent/writing/ it comes together to be 50/50 a new idea or a established franchise.

leds me next to cinema
it needs to be professional, the acting the writing and most importantly the visual audio experience

it needs to be way above the consumer level equipment, when the cgi like marvel civil war is on the same level as any basement dweller can make, then its time to go back to the drawing board.

>Sony
>Basically cameras, videogames are the only things that gives them some profit
I actually like those divisions, so I hope those stay strong even if the rest of the company goes under. My dad was a Konica and Minolta fan from way back and Sony bought them out.

That'll teach Hollywood to try and make new movies instead of reboots and capeshit

I'm going to see this 5 times to support new IPs in Hollywood

I mean granted I've got an Unlimited card so I'll be paying the same flat rate per month regardless of how many times I see it but it;s the principle you know

> 26 year old nuMacGyver playing a high schooler
Of course.

well did you go see these fucking movies?

>goes from playing a 30something in X-Men Apocalypse to a teenager in Monster Trucks 9 months later

you don't know how movies are made then,big budget does not always equal long filming. They can whip that shit out with a good crew in less than a month ( and that is normally what movies get in this day for filming).

If it's going to be as shitty as that first one then they prb need about a month to edit/add effects.

Are the movies dubbed or subbed usually?

I thought it's based off of a toyline from the 90s. It's going to do great, I loved those gimmicky toys when I was a kid.

>Jane Levy's nascent career about to be torpedoed
>Forced to star in endless Fede Alvarez horror movies without ever really breaking out as a star

I have to go at LEAST three times a month. It sucks when I'm traveling for my job and can't find a theater near me.

>subbed

Expecting the average Mexican theater goers to read?

you say that like it's a good thing

This. Seems like a movie I may have wanted to see as a kid. But I don't even know what kids today are like.

Literal fucking retards should know Monster Hunt was the second biggest China BO hit all year

Eh, I don't think this shit will hurt her too badly. No one is going to blame this movie's failure on her.

I wish the cg was better but it looks cute.

Star Trek didnt do so good either right? Transformers will save them. As they always have.

you are blind

shiteater

>tony kebbell

kys faggot nobody cares about netflix

youtube.com/watch?v=a9hZwjz1pkY

These are because the don't want to pay taxes.

Yeah I just watched the trailer and honestly it looks decent.

>harry potter ends
>hollywood on a five year decline
pottery

so fun

HP is back in a month and a half.

Yes because theres a void. not really potter though even americans dont want america to be in harry potter

>even americans dont want america to be in harry potter
This is what baffles me the most. Part of the charm of HP is the Britishness of the series.

>Really inventive fun, original concept
>Cred Forums are cheering that an original idea is losing a studio money
It's not like the movie looks offensively bad. At the very worst it looks about on par with Herbie: Fully Loaded, and at best it looks like an enjoyable silly romp. You cunts are fucked.

I actually love yates but i really really find a hard time giving any shit about it at all.
The Britishness was essential. And we get Eddie Redmayne...thanks

Kids movies are always dubbed.

Capeshit and blockbusters like 50/50. Rest of the movies like 30/70, artsy, non-america and hipster movies always subbed.

>cast Colin Ferrell in a lead role for a Harry Potter film
>don't even make the character Irish

It's like they're fucking with us at this point.

I like Colin's more recent stuff since In Bruges basically and I know that trailers are cut to a trailer and the entire feel is fucked up but I really hope he doesn't ham it up. Its probably just the trailer though.

But yea what the fuck a more lightheartened irish character would have been perfect

NorteƱo master race here and can comfim.

I just wish they would bring a more varied selection of movies to my location, i'm sick of waiting for something to come out here,it never does and i just end up pirating it.

Well Transformers will make money, probably Baywatch as well because The Rock does a rain dance to summon his box office returns. Friday The 13th has a niche crowd, depending on the budget it could do well domestically. All the other shit however will probably bomb, especially any Vin Diesel movie outside of Fast and Furious.

Still not as bad as WB screwing the pooch hard this last year and a half. And lets not even get started with Sony just accepting shitting the bed is the way a studio is supposed to be run.

So in what part of the theater are people decapitated and their corpses desecrated in?

>Born just in time to see hollywood crash and burn
feels good

It's exactly like the Herbie movies, if a tentacle monster was what made Herbie tick.

It looks totally fine/harmless but probably cost way more than it's going to make.

You don't realize this, but YOU are the provincial and sheltered individual in this conversation. You don't understand anything outside your neighborhood.

Hollywood has been kicked in the cunt before and this will be no worse than that; too many movies still make enormous bucks for it to truly crash.

I hope this movie becomes a surprise smash hit, proving all the naysayers wrong.

>Still not as bad as WB screwing the pooch hard this last year and a half

Is this a meme? WB, Disney, and Universal are the only studios that are finding real success.

and WB and Universal had few real flops this summer, unlike Disney

>this discount dark knight music for the first 30sec

Paramount is the real loser

>XXX: Return Of Xander Cage
>boring garbage

Bitch did you watch the trailer?
youtube.com/watch?v=Stb7iIn1CDA

>I just wish they would bring a more varied selection of movies to my location
Cinepolis/Cinemex have a deal, and movies they pick are the ones that are distributed in the country, so unless, you are lucky to have an independent movie theather, you won't see other movies that often.

I waited almost 3 months for The Neon Demon to be released in Mexico (I just watched 2 weeks ago), and it was released only in 3 Cinepolis in GDL (we have like 30 Cinepolis here).

Back in the 80s-90s when Televisa (Videocine) distributed like 90% of movies, that led to many movies to be in theathers or being broadcasted to TV, because they needed a huge catalog to sell to movie theathers, and to show in their networks. But since Cinepolis and Cinemex are the ones dealing with studios directly, then many movies are not shown in movie theathers, because they only care for blockbusters to sell tickets.

>Angry Birds is Sony's biggest earner

You heard me, poopypants.

kek

underrated post

listen cunt, why don't u go outside and enjoy ur public holiday?

>alice through the looking glass lost 90 million
>people think waiakakaossiazSaaAasAsaaa is a legit actress
who greenlight this shit

No wonder Superman is that strong with that kryptonic spine, he looks at least twice as strong than that punny normie.

Bayformers will probably save their asses

i kinda wanted to see this

>There are people in this thread right now who don't think money laundering doesn't happen in Hollywood

Tsk, tsk.

>popstar and war dogs were flops

Too bad, really enjoyed both

Fox doesn't count Deadpool since it was pre-summer

Include Deadpool and Fox looks much better

First time I saw the trailer, I thought it was for Aquaman baka

I hope this doesn't hurt waifu Levy's career. I want to see her in as many movies as possible desu

>Trying to make the first row less shitty by installing couches

you're not fooling anyone

Well then you were a fucking pleb when you were five, this movie looks like unpleasant garbage.

It going to be released in July, Just they are not sure what year yet.

Transformers and Baywatch will make 1 billion. or so.

The rest...meh

How much did Jupiter Ascending lose?

No, what was the last hit movie that was dubbed or subbed in the US?

16 years ago.

Americans do not watch movies that they have to read.

Tits and ass

But she starting to get old.

This needs to have JJ Abrams add 10 minutes of footage and make it a cloverfreild squeal.

Sony biggest moneymaker is Insurance.

No, this was made back on her Nickelodeon contract. No one going to blame her.

still wouldn't mind if she fell so hard she rode my dick...but I know that not going to happen.

Shame is War Dogs and Star Trek where good movies. The Star Trek movie was the best since VI.

Just watched that last night...such a good movie.

thats no a flop if you lose 70 million thats a travesty

I would actually do it though