Alien Covenant predictions? Will it be shit?

Alien Covenant predictions? Will it be shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BYnf6wuEB4g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

going off the track record of Ridley Scott for the past 20 years. yes it will be shit.

Prometheus did serious damage to Alien, so I imagine Covenant will further rape his legacy.

>is called ALIEN: Covenant
>the alien won't be in it
why are they doing this?

Not as much as Blade Runner II.

if you cant figure it out you belong here.

What the fuck was that xenomorph at the end of Prometheus. It looks kinda cool but how does it relate to normal ones?

why do I find that tank top and that air super sexy?

I imagine so. Prometheus was a train wreck.

Because the Engineers are in it and they're alien. It's not called Xenomorph: Covenant

It's actualy lack of bra under the skin-tight tank top

>let's see the wrriters body of work
>bunch of shitty TV shows
>Green Lantern

I bet it will be stellar.

I'm looking forward to this. I don't care if it's good or bad, it is the continuation of the story and I'm not an entitled douchebag. I hope it is really really good tho.

I loved Prometheus, so I'm excited for this.

Yeah the original ruined the space jockeys. Scott is producing the sequel to Aliens next. I bet he will "ask" Blomkamp to include his albinos there too even briefly.

What is there some new info? Scott clearly said that it's gonna have the full cycle.

the alien is confirmed to be in it, you dumbass

I liked it a lot too. The Making Of Documentary is kino too. It was gonna be a totally different movie. Maybe better, but whatever.

it's like an evolutionary ancestor or relative to the xenomorph

the black goo is an evolutionary accelerant whose target design (when applied to humans) after enough iterations is the Xenomorph

what is that crystal? never took my attention.

there's no official explanation

my theory is that it's engineer tech that holds the parameters for the black goo's target organism, and it's presence on that podium programs the goo in that room to make the target

so in this case, the green crystal programs this goo to make Xenomorphs

we've seen in the movie that the murals on the ceiling morph as an alarm system, so it's possible that the "mural" of the Xenomorph is basically a display of what the plugged-in crystal is supposed to generate

no the sixth fucking alien movie, which is also the second prequel and a direct sequel to prometheus, will not be good.

Get fucked you dumb cinescrub. Prometheus is a great movie your shithead wasn't able to comprehend and that made you angry, that's why go on internt forums to shitpost it.

>Alien Covenant predictions?
shit
Will it be shit?
yes

>so, you know, we've tried like, to have the original feeling

oh I'm so tired of this shit, dude, fuck

>le promotheus was bad meme again

fuck off, it was great science fiction

well it depends on whether or not they are going to address the bonus situation

This shit will be called Prometheus 2 in my country.

Still looking for it

Prometheus sucked the sweat of a dead man's balls and this will be no better. But I will watch anyway. For the expansive look and the cheap thrills.

Define shit.

I enjoyed Prometheus since...its a VISUAL MEDIUM.

Muh plotholes complains are just youtuber b8 for casuals.

looks like killface in the middle

Prometheus was good. The only thing keeping it from being great was Lindelof.

There were literally no plotholes at all. The thing with prometheus is that it did a lot of "show don't tell" instead of "tell me", and it left a lot of things for the audience to infer

Of course idiots cant do that so they start shouting that it sucks.

With that said however, the blu-ray's deleted scenes makes the movie much better, it includes more dialogue with david and the engineer, and something I personally liked is that the geologist guy looked more like a xenomorph instead of a generic super-zombie after he fell into the goo

What? He looked the same

Also after all that is said, I hate lindelof and think he's a hack writer, but prometheus really isn't a bad movie. There are faults with it but I consider them nitpicks, like when the scientists ask where they're headed and why, and that stupid cunt rapace answers "it's what I choose to believe" or some stupid shit (what scientists would go on a far outer space mission without even know what they were going there for?)

Anyway it's not a plothole, just silly which drags the movie down I agree.

Also noomi rapace is a fucking shit actor in english btw

Bait image. Prometheus had a shit ton of stuff unanswered and was one of the main complains with faggots.

In fact the movie was about the futility of asking questions and the stupidity of trying to understand God. Of course it was dismissed as a movie issue rather than something the movie presents intentionally.

has the same plot as Prometheus with a shitter cast..

hmm really makes you think

youtube.com/watch?v=BYnf6wuEB4g

Whats the best fan edit of this movie?

Oh that's cool I only watched the deleted scenes.

>rumored the cast includes Ripley's mother
>takes place on engineer home planet
>has face huggers and chest bursters
>engineers all die from the xenomorph release
>confirmed to have Alien queen meaning Scott makes Aliens canon

Plot twist will be that the engineer planet alien queen kills Ripley's mother and then somehow ends up on LV426.

What a tweest.

Twist will be the surviving Alien was born from Ripley's mother and ends up on LV426.

So Ripley kills his mother in a way.

That makes no sense given the alien in 1 is born on the ship not found on the planet.

It could only be the queen or its offspring another queen.

>Scott makes Aliens canon
It was always canon.

>fanedits
The one that deletes itself as soon as you press play.

Well, the mother becomes the egg from which the ayylmao comes

I liked Prometheus

why all people hate it?

>I loved Prometheus
>writing credit: Damon Lindelof

Oh dear, you have shit taste.

>So Ripley kills his mother
>Ripley
>his

user?

this thread is literally filled with prometheus apologists, kys typical person who likes prometheus can't even read a fucking thread

Who is Damon Lindelof?

>prometheus
>bad
It was underwhelming but absolutely not bad.

yeah you're right I didn't read all the important stuff said but can you tell me why you didn't liked it??

I think it was entertain and keept my interest all the movie.

Muh plotholes, if X is Y, then why X was Z?

Typical mongrel discourse about a medium they dont understand. So they focus too much on plot.

Friendly reminder that Engineers, representing creation of life, have been at war for millions of years with Predators, who represent destruction of life, and bio engineered the Xenomorph as weapon of mass destruction against Predator planets.

Predators are able to beat Engineers in a straight up fight and so the Engineers needed another way to win. They made Xenos. They bomb planets with eggs from drop ships and wait for the Xeno to spread and kill all Predators on the planet. Rinse repeat.

That's what the crashed ship in Alien 1 was intended for too.

what plotholes?

Only Scott movies were canon.

Whatever lets you sleep at night.

I want to rape Noomi Rape-ass's ass.

It was 10/10 visually but other than that pretty mediocre. But I'll take it over another Marvel flick or reboots like Jurassic World and Blair Witch any day desu.

THats my point. Who cares?

Prometheus was a great movie

It is the gold standard, everything else is just a diversion.

ya but in original Alien Dallas and Brett are being turned into fucking eggs by the alien so queen is literally fucking unnecessary and redundant

please don't open this can
I would like for the human>egg thing to be canon but mister scott doesn't want it to be
like it or not people getting egged isn't part of the canon

Not in the original, canon version. The "director's cut" was just something Fox wanted Ridley to make so that each film had alternative versions. It was just cashing a check in. Ridley still considers the original the canon version.

>Alien
>Covenant
Halo reference, anyone? ;)

You should probably kill yourself. Prometheus was absolute garbage.

>scientist lives by the complete pants on head retarded "it's what i choose to believe" motif
>xenomorph engraving is in a wall before the xenomorphs even exist, probably a fuck up resulted from the constant rewrites
>the guys who got lost in the structure LITERALLY are the only characters who have an actual map of the structure, yet they somehow got lost
>even then they could've contacted the black pilot who has a 3D representation of the structure
>guy entices the proto-facehugger despite it hissing at him, the same guy who lost his shit because he saw a dead alien
>the whole scene of them electrifying the severed engineer head was pants on head retarded
>the C-section scene, holy shit, what the fuck was ridley thinking
Except for Fassbender every single character was boring. Despite being the villain he was the most likable character in the whole movie.

Burst poast, pest foast

>Despite being the villain he was the most likable character in the whole movie.
Wait, he was supposed to be the villain?

>script by Michael Green
Written by the same guy who brought us Green fucking Lantern and Heroes.

My guess? It will be Prometheuis 2.0
A pretty film but with some of the worst writing in any s-f ever made
I already hate it preemptively

>Alien
>Aliens
>Alien 3
>Alien: Resurrection
That's weird, none of them had xenomorphs in them

alien 3 already killed his legacy

You're retarded. Prometheus' unanswered questions have nothing to do with any horrific entity, but with the beyond stupid actions taken by the vast majority of the cast.

So, clear me this, are xenos basically humans+that snake creature in the cave from Prometheus?

It's gonna be shit. Except for the visuals which Scott always kept being solid with.
I got no hope for this movie as well as Blade Runner II.

It will be a 3 ton pile of steaming shit...

This.

Prometheus was straight up hot garbage that Ridley Scott should be embarrassed by, and rightfully ridiculed for releasing.

Agreed completely. Fuck Lindelof's "mystery" gimmick.

I haven't seen the film in a while but the black goo weaponized lifeforms.

Thats why the human guy turnt into the enraged zombie thing.

But what about the guy attacked by the snake, did they "fuse" to create the first xeno?

wait..is this a prequel to alien? Or is Ripley's mother like 200?

I think thats was just a native creature of the planet.
But i may be wrong

By the title I thought it was about the covenant from Halo.

Prometheus has damaged the franchise beyond repair. I've even warmed to Alien 3 since Prometheus... Alien 3 wasn't a bad film per say, it just took liberties with the characters we weren't expecting. Prometheus in contrast was a fucking mess in almost every aspect.
It doesn't matter if Lindelof has nothing to do with this new offering, it's over.

>Of course it was dismissed as a movie issue rather than something the movie presents intentionally

You're right regarding the space jockey and black goo shit.

But the reason people hate the logic of the movie is because the human characters are so stupid and confusing and unrealistic compared to the first alien. They were written so terribly it destroys the good faith viewers are supposed to have when watching Prometheus.

If that Lost faggot wasn't involved this time around I can't imagine it being any worse...

>because the human characters are so stupid and confusing and unrealistic compared to the first alien.
Are you denying stupid people exist? And the people in Alien were still pretty stupid.

It's not unrealistic for people to do absolutely retarded things.

Bull.

The green crystal is pst production cgi.

Originally there was a cup of black goo on the pedestal like the one from the opening scene.

It's not literally about their intelligence, it's about how they react as people and how the audience perceives their decision making.

The audience is drawn to the alien egg with the camerawork the same way Kane is drawn by his own curiosity, we can understand why he approached it.

In Prometheus, everything was fine for me up until they decided to remove their helmets for now reason because "lol it's fine we can breath". From then on, the characters do things that NO logical person would do, regardless of how fantastic the circumstances are.

>let's travel to another galaxy in search of our creator
>let's staff the team with nothing but the most retarded individuals

N-no it makes complete sense guys, they were meant to be retarded.

Weyland Corp does not try to hire the best of the best. They hire cheap people to do the job.

Same reason their merged corp sent the space equivalent of truckers to retrieve a facehugger

And look how that shit worked out

If hick's is back it's gold m8

>>xenomorph engraving is in a wall before the xenomorphs even exist

how the fuck do you know that??

no no no NO. You can clearly see the worms get into contact with the goo and they mutate into massive snakes that are aggressive, just like fifefield mutated into some zombie

My understanding was that WY didn't actually know about the Xenomorphs, but just knew about the signal coming from the ship and that it was potentially alien. This is why they sent the Nostromo, it was one of their ships and its course was close enough to LV426 that they could stop there on their journey back to Earth.

If they knew about the Xenomorph eggs, they would have either already sent an expedition to the planet, or they could have just sent their own scientific one, they were a massive organization with their own military and whatnot anyways.

>going off the track record of Ridley Scott for the past 20 years
eh, ridley was still mostly okay (apart from fucking A Good Year) until tony died

its the black goon in "amber"

underrated kek

"There is a clause in the contract which specifically states any systematized transmission indicating Ridley Scott has made yet another shit film will result in penalty of total forfeiture of shares. No money."

Winged xenomorphs when?

No, they knew about the eggs. That's why they installed a synthetic into the crew to complete the mission. They knew full well that there were alien things of some sort there.